Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:22 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1963160 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Godbpraised: 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
okay sir, i hear you. Make we know argue again. You are right sir.

TheCongo2:

Giving money to charity to get tax breaks isn't illegal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2018
3 weeks is short. Please go ahead with the PRTD.

digitalgirl234:

Thanks for the detail.. I have about 3 weeks to travel and time has not passed so I dont know if I can start bothering them yet. I'll call to find out all the same. Thank you again
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by jantavanta(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
Any Caucasian Canadian citizen who tries to put down Nigerian immigrants, PRs or citizens with self-elevating denigrating comments of Black People should explain what why his/her ancestors sailed from Europe to Canada.

The original inhabitants of Canada were Black People or Black aboriginal native americans. The name Canada can be spelt Kannada, to show that it is not an European name.

https://www.nairaland.com/3522334/africans-first-people-ancient-americas/1#73199491

Canada has successfully hidden their history of enslaving and wiping off the indigenes and claiming to be a safe haven for Black People who want to escape from American racism. There are "grades" of citizenship. You can be let in without being let in.

The power Nigerian immigrants need is to be fully conscious of the real history of Canada and Africa. Without Black People, The Americas would not exist. But we need to free our own minds. Racism is an economic tool to reduce your share of the Canadian Cake, which you are contributing to.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by pharore(f): 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
Suddenly I was awoken by shaking n left n right movement . I closed my eyes n said Ha! Canada na so you wan do me . We continued that was for 2 mins then we touched down finally , it was 5pm I was finally at Winnipeg airport. Thank you

@cutezain,

congratulations sis.I pray the land will favour u wit lots of milk and honey.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2018
@Godbpraised

My mom always use to say before giving me a beating, "before you I was". I use to always think I'd be able to trick her but she'd catch me. Because she use to do it herself as a youth. My friend I've been around the biggest fraudsters Canada has ever seen. There's a huge and vibrant naija 419 community in Toronto. They ALL inevitably get caught. They think they're original with their crimes but aren't. The police have seen it all. And this is first hand experience from family members who have been jailed in Canada. I also know many police officers both federally and municipal. The feds allow you to commit your crime while they watch you. Sometimes even for years. When they catch you and present you with significant evidence (They have to build their case), that's when your eyes will shine.

Those Indians and Asians get caught all the time. Every fraud especially on a large scale inevitably gets caught. You know why ? Because of greed. Once most people cheat the system they simply get greedy and can't stop. That's when they come into police radar. Law and order is what makes this country go around. Same with other countries like the U.K., U.S., etc. Trillions and federal government resources are spent each year on it. Without no law/order and it being taken seriously, a country is essentially like Nigeria. It'll be hard for one average guy to beat the same. See how many people in the Trump administration getting arrested. See how many corrupted police officers are arrested and charged in Canada each year. And these are the people who work on the inside and have the ability to hide their fraud. Yet justice is still being served. If trumps admin can't get away from prosecution, you expect me to believe an average man will ? Maybe stealing a chocolate bar fine. You can get away with that one. But big time fraud ? Bros your days will be numbered. I've seen people like yourself say such a thing. Years later after the police breaks down their door and arrest them they understand the game.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Glowingx: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
Who is going for countdown in Niagara Falls?
If not Niagara, Where can one go in Toronto?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Estac: 9:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
blessings2017:

Note that:
1. No 2 cases are same as facts and circumstances of a case matter in arriving at a judgment.
2. Readers should not consider this as a legal advice but rather as a personal opinion.

The caveats... grin grin grin LawyerSpeak is not complete without these. Weldone sis/bro

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by pharore(f): 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2018
Wow!!!! I can see d plenty milk&honey divinely packaged for u in dat land.

Go and excel.

All d best sis.

Thanks for d updates and willingness to help.

cutezain:

My inspiration for you.

I landed on a Monday evening , my body had not adjusted to time so when I woke up i decided let start my house search I sent out lots of email not just frloe house alone but for jobs as well ( I already had a viewing booked from Nigeria) . So I got another viewing .

This place was divine within my budget 622 I only pay hydro took the application I didn't want to be in a rush . Also also opened my bank , and got a new SIM that same day . Next day I see the other place not sooner nice , still I take the application form , you never know. As I was getting the form what do I see a call from a company asking me to come in for an interview just day 3 . YES!!!!!!!!!

So I leave the building go home call my family lay out every thing n seek 2nd opinions , so I go on Thursday to submit the application for the first house with my bank statement hoping to get it den off I went for my interview , I get the job I decide okay no harm just submit the other application. On my way there the first house manager call n say SORRY we can't approve you for the house , I felt sad but motivated to I get to the second place n they say, SORRY SOMEONE JUST TOOK IT .

Hmmmmmm.

I took a cab went to the mall sat and got a meal , I called the agent for the second place coz she was soon nice , I told her don't you have something for me n she said hold on my hopes are high again . Yes was a response we got a bachelor's for 700 , ha hanty!!!! I want it she set me up for a viewing Friday the next day with a colleague. I went home happy so that day by 3:00pm I get a call ......

It's another company want me to come in for an interview ( smiles) we do a phone interview ,I passed I schedule the interview for the very next day afternoon .

In the morning I set out first to the bank got my deposit , then went to view the house oh my Magnificent . I walk with the agent back to the office. Fill the forms pay my deposit give them a copy of my bank statement just to add more spice n off u went to do my interview I passed bthe second stage den suddenly I get a call I am approved for the apartment. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Re schedule my last phase interview to Monday went there signed my lease , payed now I got a house .
Ps more jobs are calling.

In 4days I did it , you can do it . Wives , husband's help each other I declared war in success n I will get it.

Dream,plan n push like u never have .

Good morning everyone!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Godbpraised: 9:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
I never mentioned 419, in my conversation. And like i said i remain to keep mum on my views and opinion, in Canada information is vital. The source of your information determines how far and how well you would survive and be successful here. In your statement you were too quick to infer that i was talking about fraud or 419 and i take offense to your assertions. I will not say a word on this matter hence forth. This is one of the reason i do not like interacting with Nigerians here in Canada, they see every move to make progress as trying to be fraudulent or a 419er. i Rest my case.

maternal:

My mom always use to say before giving me a beating, "before you I was". I use to always think I'd be able to trick her but she'd catch me. Because she use to do it herself as a youth. My friend I've been around the biggest fraudsters Canada has ever seen. There's a huge and vibrant naija 419 community in Toronto. They ALL inevitably get caught. They think they're original with their crimes but aren't. The police have seen it all. And this is first hand experience from family members who have been jailed in Canada. I also know many police officers both federally and municipal. The feds allow you to commit your crime while they watch you. Sometimes even for years. When they catch you and present you with significant evidence (They have to build their case), that's when your eyes will shine.

Those Indians and Asians get caught all the time. Every fraud especially on a large scale inevitably gets caught. You know why ? Because of greed. Once most people cheat the system they simply get greedy and can't stop. That's when they come into police radar. Law and order is what makes this country go around. Same with other countries like the U.K., U.S., etc. Trillions and federal government resources are spent each year on it. Without no law/order and it being taken seriously, a country is essentially like Nigeria. It'll be hard for one average guy to beat the same. See how many people in the Trump administration getting arrested. See how many corrupted police officers are arrested and charged in Canada each year. And these are the people who work on the inside and have the ability to hide their fraud. Yet justice is still being served. If trumps admin can't get away from prosecution, you expect me to believe an average man will ? Maybe stealing a chocolate bar fine. You can get away with that one. But big time fraud ? Bros your days will be numbered. I've seen people like yourself say such a thing. Years later after the police breaks down their door and arrest them they understand the game.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 31, 2018
Godbpraised:
I never mentioned 419, in my conversation. And like i said i remain to keep mum on my views and opinion, in Canada information is vital. The source of your information determines how far and how well you would survive and be successful here. In your statement you were too quick to infer that i was talking about fraud or 419 and i take offense to your assertions. I will not say a word on this matter hence forth. This is one of the reason i do not like interacting with Nigerians here in Canada, they see every move to make progress as trying to be fraudulent or a 419er. i Rest my case.

Not just Canada, in the UK too.

One of the safest things to do outside Nigeria is to avoid Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
greyham:

And the funny part is that some of the most wonderful and inspiring people I have met are Nigerians.

You have never lived in Canada and yet you are dissing the Nigerian community in Canada.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 11:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
Godbpraised:

Would you blame them?
When you approach people telling them you know how to cheat the system in a way not to get caught, what would you expect them to believe?
Adding to that Nigeria is a country that is well known for 419. So if you are a Nigerian in Canada, anyone from any community you will approach with suspicious and undisclosed information the way you just did will think of you as a 419er.

So your argument that Nigerians in Canada see any move to make progress as fraudulent does not stand. We have on Nairaland people posting ways of making progress in Canada for the benefit of everyone. And no one ever accuse them of fraud. But when you want people to send you PM so that you can disclose suspicious info that the feds shouldn't know, this is where we have a problem.

On a different note, some people run away from their community because they have built a very bad reputation about themselves within that community. And as a result, they will escape from the Nigerian community and then shift the blame. They will start talking bad about the Nigerian community. Maybe you are the problem and not the Nigerian community you are blaming here.

Just going through the post on Nairaland, can't you see that Nigerians are very intelligent people?

17 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Godbpraised: 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2018
like i said no comments going forward on this matter. The level of ones knowledge determines a man progress and trajectory.

TheCongo2:

Would you blame them?
When you approach people telling them you know how to cheat the system in a way not to get caught, what would you expect them to believe?
Adding to that Nigeria is a country that is well known for 419. So if you are a Nigerian in Canada, anyone from any community you will approach with suspicious and undisclosed information the way you just did will think of you as a 419er.

On a different note, some people run away from their community because they have built a very bad reputation about themselves within that community. And as a result, they will escape from the Nigerian community and then shift the blame. They will start talking bad about the Nigerian community. Maybe you are the problem and not the Nigerian community you are blaming here.

Just going through the post on Nairaland, can't you see that Nigerians are very intelligent people?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 11:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
Godbpraised:
like i said no comments going forward on this matter. The level of ones knowledge determines a man progress and trajectory.

We don't need any information that the feds shouldn't know anything about.

I am afraid for those who will send you PM. They will be failing into your trap.
You had just find a way of advertising something illegal on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New year from Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 12:17am On Jan 01, 2019
Guitarlife:
Happy New year from Nigeria...

Happy new year to you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Unlimited22: 12:27am On Jan 01, 2019
Our Canadian brethren, happy new year from Nigeria!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 12:30am On Jan 01, 2019
Godbpraised:

But if its is against the rules of the system that is fraud aka 419. Forget being smart biko

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Godbpraised: 12:33am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year, from me the perceived scammer to THecongo2 grin

TheCongo2:

Happy new year to you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nogen: 1:39am On Jan 01, 2019
Godbpraised:

Justwise , please come and do the needful here . Happy New Year to those in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Godbpraised: 3:07am On Jan 01, 2019
The new year is coming, i want to channel my energy to fruitful discussions.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by jelmusboy(m): 3:48am On Jan 01, 2019
This comment BROKE my heart angry

greyham:

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Godbpraised: 4:01am On Jan 01, 2019
It should not, and i would explain with my own personal experience. when i came to Canada, Nigerians i meet in Canada were telling me i can not get a professional job, that the job i will get is support worker, no Nigerian spoke positivity to my life. No body told me i could go to school and upgrade myself more. all they keep telling me is that i should pick 3 care jobs, i will make more money at the expense of my career oh . can you imagine ? And meanwhile some of these guys are not doing the care job. Honestly their is nothing wrong doing the health support work or care job, but why should people project much negativity into my life. with the level of professionalism i have back home from Nigeria. Their also many things i can not tell you here, so many negative experience and wrong advise from Nigerians. It is sad, i have avoided everything Nigeria since i came to Canada, from church to meetings or parties. I told myself if i want to make progress i must think like oyinbo and talk like oyinbo, i would not be able to achieve that if i stay with people with so much negativity and jealousy. Again you can understand my stand point here.

jelmusboy:
This comment BROKE my heart angry

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.