Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (80695 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by salford: 5:44pm On May 20, 2017
mbolajide2010:

Thank your so much for this.
You advised one should make sure to enrol for a course with coop option. Most of the IT Diploma courses in manitoba don't have coop program and more so they are not courses with high rate of securing a job. I am kind of thinking no coop and the chance of securing job with the course is low.I have 3 years of experience in IT already do you think i can still get a Job with it there at manitoba even if my diploma course do not correlate with the job but my experience does?

Please how easy can I get PR in manitoba without coop experience and after my program is it possible to secure a job with my experience and not my diploma?

I would prefer diploma too like you advised, but what about the ease of getting visa for it as I have heard people been denied visa as they have a higher degree e.g B.SC? So please what is my chance of getting visa with my B.Sc and three years of working experience if I put in for diploma?

Thank you so much and God bless you.

Thank you and God bless you too @Wellendowed.I would really appreciate your opinion here again.

You would get a job with your experience from back home and a dip in IT. Just that the job might not come easy compared to someone with d coop experience. The coop is just to give an advantage and foot in the door. Jobs are very competitive in Canada.

To further develop your career, endeavor that your course correlates with your previous experience. The issue with your straight experience from nigeria is that some employers won't trust your skills except it's in a very high demand area where experts are scarce, but with that..you know there are readily indians all over canada. Alot of them with experience from big cooperations like ibm and infosys.

What some others do is study in toronto or vancouver then relocate to a smaller city after. Only disadvantage to this is that the requirement for pr in most provinces is that you would be required to work longer in the province than someone who studied there. You could actually also apply straight for the federal pr if you qualify after your studies.

You might learn a thing or two about getting visa for a diploma program from the student thread. There are lots of international students from Nigerians here with (previous degrees) studying diploma programs.

wellendowed is based in Australia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 20, 2017
Seajae:

Just how old are you lady? For someone that claims to be a patriotic Nigerian citizen you sure are disgracing her.

Get lost.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by mbolajide2010: 8:05pm On May 20, 2017
salford:

You would get a job with your experience from back home and a dip in IT. Just that the job might not come easy compared to someone with d coop experience. The coop is just to give an advantage and foot in the door. Jobs are very competitive in Canada.

To further develop your career, endeavor that your course correlates with your previous experience. The issue with your straight experience from nigeria is that some employers won't trust your skills except it's in a very high demand area where experts are scarce, but with that..you know there are readily indians all over canada. Alot of them with experience from big cooperations like ibm and infosys.

What some others do is study in toronto or vancouver then relocate to a smaller city after. Only disadvantage to this is that the requirement for pr in most provinces is that you would be required to work longer in the province than someone who studied there. You could actually also apply straight for the federal pr if you qualify after your studies.

You might learn a thing or two about getting visa for a diploma program from the student thread. There are lots of international students from Nigerians here with (previous degrees) studying diploma programs.

wellendowed is based in Australia.

If it is possible to to relocate like you said I think I would like that. So if I understand you correctly it simply means I can relocate and look for job with my 1 year work permit for one year diploma?

I would not mind how long it takes as far as I can keep renewing my work permit. Can my work permit be renewed after the normal 1 year work permit for 1 year diploma?

Thanks so much bro.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by salford: 8:27pm On May 20, 2017
mbolajide2010:

If it is possible to to relocate like you said I think I would like that. So if I understand you correctly it simply means I can relocate and look for job with my 1 year work permit for one year diploma?

I would not mind how long it takes as far as I can keep renewing my work permit. Can my work permit be renewed after the normal 1 year work permit for 1 year diploma?

Thanks so much bro.
The graduate work permit is non renewable. Better you go for a program that would offer you a pgwp of more than one year. Using manitoba for example, the province requires graduates from other province to work atleast for one year in manitoba to qualify for their pnp. Whereas a student graduating from that province only needs 6months.
In BC, grads of diploma need an employer willing to sponsor. Graduates of msc and phd programs of some in-demand courses do not need employers sponsorship.
Employers sponsorship dont come easy since they can easily find locals without all the stress of sponsorship process.

http://www.canadaexpressentry.org/provincial-nominee-program/manitoba.php

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration/International-Graduate

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by mbolajide2010: 10:42pm On May 20, 2017
salford:

The graduate work permit is non renewable. Better you go for a program that would offer you a pgwp of more than one year. Using manitoba for example, the province requires graduates from other province to work atleast for one year in manitoba to qualify for their pnp. Whereas a student graduating from that province only needs 6months.
In BC, grads of diploma need an employer willing to sponsor. Graduates of msc and phd programs of some in-demand courses do not need employers sponsorship.
Employers sponsorship dont come easy since they can easily find locals without all the stress of sponsorship process.

http://www.canadaexpressentry.org/provincial-nominee-program/manitoba.php

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration/International-Graduate

Again, thank you so much bro.

Hmmm! I would have preferred a program that offer more than a year pgwp too, but it seems most of the diploma courses are one year except for the undergraduate diploma that are 3 years and i'm also worry about the cost.I still want to go with your advice that diploma is more employable than degree course.

Please what is the minimum amount one should have for the federal skilled workers program?

Thank you so much.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 20, 2017
mbolajide2010:

Hmmm! I would have preferred a program that offer more than a year pgwp too, but it seems most of the diploma courses are one year except for the undergraduate diploma that are 3 years and i'm also worry about the cost.I still want to go with your advice that diploma is more employable than degree course.

Please what is the minimum amount one should have for the federal skilled workers program?

Thank you so much.

Are you considering Manitoba?
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by mbolajide2010: 11:59pm On May 20, 2017
WellEndowed:

Are you considering Manitoba?

Boss anyone that will provide the ease of getting PR and according to Salford, Manitoba is the easiest. Please I read that you are based in Australia and I would like to know how easy it is to get work and PR there? What is the easiest means to get I there? And the minimum amount it will cost on the average?

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by salford: 12:08am On May 21, 2017
mbolajide2010:

Thank you so much.
You can check the express entry thread on nairaland for current developments. I came in through the fsw program some years ago and things have really changed.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14am On May 21, 2017
mbolajide2010:

Boss anyone that will provide the ease of getting PR and according to Salford, Manitoba is the easiest. Please I read that you are based in Australia and I would like to know how easy it is to get work and PR there? What is the easiest means to get I there? And the minimum amount it will cost on the average?

Thank you and God bless.

If I were you I would go with Salford's advise. If Manitoba is the easiest and only require 6months of work before nomination then go for it. Do not rely on sponsorship. It is not easy to be sponsored by an employer at all. Over here they have to pay thousands of dollars plus fill out paperwork to sponsor you. Why would they wanna pay that much when there is someone local with same qualifications and even more experience looking for same job

Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by abdulkabirtobi(m): 12:23am On May 21, 2017
salford:

If i was in your shoes i.e in my opinion. Firstly, I would go to a province that gives PR easily just because you studied there, then move if i have to later after i get a canadian passport since provincial nomination usually ties one down to a province. What is the point of getting a job after so much trouble in a bigger province, but still cant get PR and eventually leave the country?

Concerning jobs, there would be IT jobs in Manitoba too although not as half as much as BC, but competition for jobs or coop placement won't be as stiff as BC.

Also, you have to consider the fact that lots of jobs in a province doesn't mean its easier to get a job there due to high competition. I read a similar post by wellendowed on the Australian thread and another one on the US threads. Same applies in UK too. lots of jobs in london but easier to get jobs in smaller cities. I have seen international students working in some jobs in Winnipeg, whereas PR and citizens would be grateful to God if they are able to secure such jobs in Calgary. There are exceptions though, some jobs are located only in particular places like oil fields jobs that don't offer fly in/fly out or some specialized jobs like investment banking careers.

Note: coop jobs are not guaranteed by colleges or university. They post jobs on behalf of employers then you would have to go through the employer's competitive screening and interview process. When some companies take on a coop student, the student has a good chance of staying on with the company after grad, so they want the very best student(s); therefore, the student would be interviewed thoroughly as a future staff.

You would have to check the BC immigration page to find out chances of securing PR after grad. Provinces have different requirements. I know in manitoba, it doesnt matter if you have a dip, degree or msc, your chances of pr are still very high but some provinnces prefers people with higher qualifications for their pr programs.

For a career in IT, I would recommend diploma since its more hands on.
Good, I need help please. Will a pgdc courses (probably two one year course duration back to back) be a good one? Like I have done my research on New Brunswick Community College and I think they have a cheap tuition, so I'm considering doing a year post graduate diploma program there and later move to Manitoba for another one year program to secure a three years pgwp and key in to Manitoba pr advantage. What about this brother?

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by salford: 3:16am On May 21, 2017
abdulkabirtobi:

Good, I need help please. Will a pgdc courses (probably two one year course duration back to back) be a good one? Like I have done my research on New Brunswick Community College and I think they have a cheap tuition, so I'm considering doing a year post graduate diploma program there and later move to Manitoba for another one year program to secure a three years pgwp and key in to Manitoba pr advantage. What about this brother?
Sounds like a good plan. I know a lot of guys that schooled for one year in Ontario or Alberta, then moved to either sask or manitoba for a 2nd program when they realised PR is not so straight forward in those bigger provinces. But is it not cheaper to start straight from the the provinces with favourable policies towards PR?
I would also think the atlantic provinces have favourable pr policies for international graduate ?

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by kaysce(m): 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
Abeg Abeg help me, i need your help and advice- pls feel free

Please i need your advise... i am thinking of migrating to canada/australia currently, i am employed but salary (150k) is getting easily eroded by the increasing cost of living/surviving, hence very minimal savings. i have some years of marketing and Project Mgt experience and a uk MSc. Based on your various onground experiences, please what are the prospects for me abi make i just just chill jejely with this naija and push for the best: i need all possible ongroud realities to help make my decision:

1. Are there jobs for foreigners (that can sustain anyone and ofcos keep savings)?
2. What should be his BTA target (since i know nobody there to accommodate me for a while)?
3. Is it a good decision to make (leaving Nigeria for canada (without any work provision, relatives, bare minimal savings or accommodation availability?)
4. What kind of job should i be scouting for that can make things easier for me?
5. Which of the cities should i be directing his plans to?eg toronto, ontario, sask, new found labrador, news brunswick etc
6. Are uk degrees recognized in the labour market, or do I still have to do a degree upgrade in Business/marketing/sales
7. how long do you think it will take before I get a job in my line (do need to do a degree/upgrade); I hear of doing survival jobs till u get a job. I have a valid niaja drivers licence.
8. which provinces in Canada do you think I can get a job quickly and salary range.

@zandora, @maternal, @nobody, @shinarambo, @justwise, @jydo, @boss13, @olajide. in sort everybody, i really need your varying advise.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Mcslize: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
Schwartz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCm01pdKSjU&t=18s

Bro, one of the mistake people make is going to a non English speaking countries where there is no multicultural existence and no well structured migration entry like that of Canada, Australia and New Zealand. There is high possibility of making it in English speaking countries with well structured migration processes than non English speaking countries . And I tell you, anyone that studies a professional course will make it in Canada, Australia and New Zealand if the person migrate through the skilled Permanent Residence visa cuz you will enjoy the same benefit just like a citizen and it will be easy for you to become citizen within a period of 5 years.

Most of those that suffer abroad are illegal immigrants.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Mcslize: 12:27am On Jul 04, 2017
mbolajide2010:

Lol.At the bolded boss my problem is not city or village as far as it is habitable.My major concern is getting PR as I don't want to be sent back home. So whatever I can do legally to get it I'm in, boss.

How is easy it is to start applying for Jobs and get it from Nigeria.

God bless you.

Why not visit the Australia thread and get your qualification assessed for PR visa? Lots of peeps are giving testimonies and scaping through.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nigeriadondie: 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
youngestland:

Firstly
I like your reply this is maturity unlike those that will comw and abuse my life

The guy in nigeria and the gate man may earn the same salary when you change the dollar to naira but the gateman doesnt stay in nigeria his expenses will be way higher than the professional the nigeria guy will be able to save 2.4million a year in nigeria with that money he can live for 1 year but convert that money to dollar it bcomes 6k that money will not be enough for him for two months...... the gateman will not be able to even save a dime

I think many people dont know this before they leave for the states they are carried away with the conversion till they get there

Sir 400k every month in nigeria is not small money sir thats someone salary in a year in nigeria and the person still gets by, but 400k in yankee is 1000 dollars is very small money

unless you work in usa and lives in nigeria then I can say you are on point which is not possibe
I agree opportunity is low in nigeria standard of living is low is low too there are no infrastructure sef grin but I believe if you have the means to create a good life for yourself I believe its better you stay back

thank you grin
https://www.nairaland.com/3922479/nigerian-lady-masters-law-uk
The issue is how many people earn as much as 400k compared with those who dont. Apart from those in politics and oil sector that earn so much where can u get such moneny. Even a Professor in a Nigerian dont earn that.
Stop dreaming na. Ok u earn such money and surrounded by so many with little or nothing are, wud u be secure?
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by tonyik: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
I believe by now you must have moved a long time ago..
I currently earn close to 600K and already in express entry for FSW. Am doing it for the future of my kids. It might not be easy settling down but its a price am prepared to pay for them. Gods willing, we are moving next year.

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
tonyik:
I currently earn close to 600K and already in express entry for FSW. Am doing it for the future of my kids. It might not be easy settling down but its a price am prepared to pay for them. Gods willing, we are moving next year.

It's not a bad idea
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 11, 2017
tonyik:

600K? Now, help others by letting us know your field and company, thanks
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by tonyik: 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
Thanks

Ugosample:

It's not a bad idea
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by tonyik: 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
IT Consultant. 10yrs down the line already

Pidgin2:

600K? Now, help others by letting us know your field and company, thanks

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by gonea02: 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
Guy my advice would be to emigrate to foreign countries legally that saves u alot of hassle .u feel free n safe...
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by tomgabriel: 12:50am On Oct 30, 2017
hahahahahahahahahaha
maternal:

Your destiny is not the next man's. Your post is filled with ignorance and bias. To begin with Shinarambo lives in the coldest part of Canada. I have never experienced -46. Winter in a city like Vancouver for example is usually 2 degrees, while Toronto for example is a few degrees below 0. Not to mention you'll get a good 6 months of good weather. As for economics prosperity, I also live abroad and I've seen Nigerians who are losers and some who are winners. You see here unlike naija, your destiny is literally in your own hands. Yes ones qualification will most likely not be recognized, because Nigeria's educational system is a joke. So one can easily go back to school for the 4 years and obtain Canadian qualifications, or they can sit down and continue to complain. I've seen many Nigerians obtain good jobs with 2-4 years after arriving here through hard work and networking. My cousin arrived here 8 months ago and faced the same issues. He took a professional exam, used his naija bank experience, and just got a very good working for a major bank here in Canada. All this within 8 months. He has his own place, gets paid ON TIME, has money in the bank, etc. He shakes thinking what his future would have been like had he stayed in naija. Whereas I know useless Nigerians who have been here for 10+ plus and still do minimal jobs. Here is based on merits. And yes over here you have to work for everything you get. Lastly this made me laugh. "With that kind of salary you earn in Nigeria, no county will reject your visa". To begin with, the money he makes is small boy change over here. What's that 800 or so Canadian dollars. And secondly, as you can see with Trump's executive order, 3rd world passports aren't respected around the world. So long as you carry that green passport, you're never guaranteed a visa period.

I'm always confused why people who live ABROAD always discourage those back home to come abroad. With all your "hardship" abroad yet u still dey there. Enemy of progress I swear.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Jonbeezy(m): 9:17am On Dec 19, 2017
i have read with keen interest the comparisions here. with some ppl who earn 400k and others who think it is better abroad. a brother needs your guidelines pls.
Almost 2 Yrs after youth service but no Job is coming forth i have decided it would be wise if i tried elsewhere. to be candid,life in naija as a fresh graduate without links to getting jobs can be very frustrating.
i have heard about Canada,and i also heard it is a very nice country. but i do not know how to get in there. i already know it could be hard getting a professional Job with my degree (Economics) over there. but i do not mind getting another degree or upgrading on the existing one.

however, i need to know what jobs i can get as a fresh immigrant in canada. i do not mind Menial Jobs as long as i can pay my bills and send something home . also,i need to know the costs and requirements to be a legal immigrant in Canada. you would be helping a brother with your tips . thanks.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by IstandWitBuhari: 6:46am On Dec 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

Get lost.

The admin of nairaland cc seun please is time you put this pigin2 where he or she belongs.

I have visited over 12 threads in this travel section and all her comments are abusive to other members in this section.

He or she moves from thread to thread insulting and abusing innocent people. Please its time the admins cc seun and cc justwise put pigin2 on a long term ban.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 20, 2017
IstandWitBuhari:

The admin of nairaland cc seun please is time you put this pigin2 where he or she belongs.

I have visited over 12 threads in this travel section and all her comments are abusive to other members in this section.

He or she moves from thread to thread insulting and abusing innocent people. Please its time the admins cc seun and cc justwise put pigin2 on a long term ban.

Thanks

You should know that there are many people being sold as slaves today because travel agents come here to entice people and lead them astray, also many lies are being told about life abroad being paved with gold. These people are ready to do all sorts to maintain their lies and trade but people like you will not see those insulting me because you are also one of the desperate ones who will end up in slavery soon.

Seun and others know how important it is to maintain a balance between those who are desperate to lead others astray and people like us who direct others with wisdom

Like I said to the other moniker, get lost.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

You should know that there are many people being sold as slaves today because travel agents come here to entice people and lead them astray, also many lies are being told about life abroad being paved with gold. These people are ready to do all sorts to maintain their lies and trade but people like you will not see those insulting me because you are also one of the desperate ones who will end up in slavery soon.

Seun and others know how important it is to maintain a balance between those who are desperate to lead others astray and people like us who direct others with wisdom

Like I said to the other moniker, get lost.
the thread is for legal travel and immigration ...
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by noscarn91(m): 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dyt:
See potential horseband

Sisisioge ooo
Let's snatch this one

angry angry angry
Gold digger, carry ur expired pussy somewhere else , u want to reap where u didn't sow
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Dyt(f): 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
noscarn91:

Gold digger, carry ur expired pussy somewhere else , u want to reap where u didn't sow

Is your head paining you?

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by noscarn91(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dyt:

Is your head paining you?
That is your best response, you can do better.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by sisisioge: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
noscarn91:

Lil man, you obviously missed this afternoon dose...Pele.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures / Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.