Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,451 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (80708 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Collyno82(m): 10:37am On Feb 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hey, stop listening to stories on the Internet try to get actual experience.
I have discovered that most people writing bad things about Nigeria are the frustrated folks who would rather cross to Europe through Lybia than to be productive to themselves.

You say we don't have running water here? Well, that's a big lie, we do. And if anyone does not then they can supply their own water by digging a bore hole for themselves or their communities (no one pays tax for this and you get constant water for life once this is done). They can form groups to achieve this if funds are limited.

Public schools are totally free here too and most of our leaders today attended these schools, people can also make choices based on their budgets on the kind of schools they want their kids to attend, they can also home school if they chose. As for light, we were paying only N87/ltr for fuel to run our gen in 2015, I believe we can get back to that again with good leadership. Some places do have good light supply. Alternative energy like solar and wind is being used privately.

Alternative medicine here is an option which people use (just like in China and India) our grand parents lived very long too. As for Western medicine, some states do give free basic health care to pregnant women and children under 5. Most government and state hospitals are heavily subsidized

Nigeria is not hell, contrary to what you might think so someone earning N400K a month can expand his wealth greatly in an almost tax free country. Everything depends on him and his God
Stop defending the undefendable.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 10:38am On Feb 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

I have discovered that most people writing bad things about Nigeria are the frustrated folks who would rather cross to Europe through Lybia than to be productive to themselves.

You say we don't have running water here? Well, that's a big lie, we do. And if anyone does not then they can supply their own water by digging a bore hole for themselves or their communities (no one pays tax for this and you get constant water for life once this is done). They can form groups to achieve this if funds are limited.

Public schools are totally free here too and most of our leaders today attended these schools, people can also make choices based on their budgets on the kind of schools they want their kids to attend, they can also home school if they chose. As for light, we were paying only N87/ltr for fuel to run our gen in 2015, I believe we can get back to that again with good leadership. Some places do have good light supply. Alternative energy like solar and wind is being used privately.

Alternative medicine here is an option which people use (just like in China and India) our grand parents lived very long too. As for Western medicine, some states do give free basic health care to pregnant women and children under 5. Most government and state hospitals are heavily subsidized

Nigeria is not hell, contrary to what you might think so someone earning N400K a month can expand his wealth greatly in an almost tax free country. Everything depends on him and his God

Go and find your president before comparing naija to a western country. Still digging Bore hole in 2017. You've proven my point.

21 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 10, 2017
maternal:

Go and find your president before comparing naija to a western country. Still digging Bore hole in 2017. You've proven my point.

Lol so because of Buhari I should discard my country? Your level of reasoning is too low. Go and seek wisdom from the elderly, you need knowledge.

Nobody is stopping you from running to Lybia and crossing over to Europe if you like. The OP is not poverty stricken this is why I asked him to look inwards, you are frustrated because you fail to look at what you have, the only thing you see is what others have.

6 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 10, 2017
Collyno82:

Stop defending the undefendable.

The glass is either half full or half empty, it all depends on your mindset. It is a free world no one is forcing you to see things my way

6 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 11:59am On Feb 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol so because of Buhari I should discard my country? Your level of reasoning is too low. Go and seek wisdom from the elderly, you need knowledge.

Nobody is stopping you from running to Lybia and crossing over to Europe if you like. The OP is not poverty stricken this is why I asked him to look inwards, you are frustrated because you fail to look at what you have, the only thing you see is what others have.

Epic fail.

I'm a Canadian citizen.

17 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
maternal:

Epic fail.

I'm a Canadian citizen.

Good, you are a Canadian and you love your country so what makes you feel you have bragging rights and I don't because I am a Nigerian?

What do you know about the things we enjoy here?

1) We pay very little tax here..

2) Our weather is never ever extreme, in fact we have so many months of good weather.

3) I can open multiple businesses and enjoy many months of tax exemptions

4) I can decide to start any legit business I chose with no questions asked by any authorities, all I need is to fill business opening forms and it is done

5) We actually own houses here without paying mortgage..

6) Land is easily bought here with flexible payment plans if one knows where to go

7) Whatever you do in your house e.g. borehole for water, installing solar panels, or using lister is all up to you

I can go on but I have got other things to do.

I am a Nigerian citizen and a very contented one at that, deal with it.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2017
Like I've been saying throughout this thread there are actually good and valid reasons to want to remain in Nigeria but those reasons fall outside the realm of personal financial/economic prosperity. In fact, if it were based on just those factors then remaining in Nigeria is not the wisest of choices especially if one has the chance now to relocate.

You are not doing your side of the debate any good with the points you are raising as those are even compelling reasons why anyone with the means should leave immediately. Most, if not all, of the responsibilities that the middle class in Nigeria currently bear, have long since been borne by the state in first world nations like Canada. As a result, the middle class there is free to channel its resources, time and effort to professional/personal development and wealth creation.

The middle class in 9ja do not have this luxury; they are still digging their own boreholes, patching their own roads, buying generators to supply their own electricity etc. The quality of education in public schools is now way below the desired level required for life in the 21st century, it was not like this when the current crop of leaders attended them back in the day.

Pidgin2:

6 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by keni: 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

Nigeria is not hell, contrary to what you might think so someone earning N400K a month can expand his wealth greatly in an almost tax free
country.

I totally disagree, with this with 400k you would still be paying for most things out of pocket secondly even doctors here go abroad when they have certain medical issues please this is like comparing oranges and apple, based on the few things highlighted here, OP I strongly advice you to go to Canada but please do your home work

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
ApexTitan:
Like I've been saying throughout this thread there are actually good and valid reasons to want to remain in Nigeria but those reasons fall outside the realm of personal financial/economic prosperity. In fact, if it were based on just those factors then remaining in Nigeria is not the wisest of choices especially if one has the chance now to relocate.

You are not doing your side of the debate any good with the points you are raising as those are even compelling reasons why anyone with the means should leave immediately. Most, if not all, of the responsibilities that the middle class in Nigeria currently bear, have long since been borne by the state in first world nations like Canada. As a result, the middle class there is free to channel its resources, time and effort to professional/personal development and wealth creation.

The middle class in 9ja do not have this luxury; they are still digging their own boreholes, patching their own roads, buying generators to supply their own electricity etc. The quality of education in public schools is now way below the desired level required for life in the 21st century, it was not like this when the current crop of leaders attended them back in the day.

Well we don't pay enough taxes down here while the middle class pays for these things over there so I don't see anything wrong in providing some things for ourselves.

The middle class are not all digging boreholes lol those who stay in urban centers do have running water in their homes(don't get me wrong). Did you do any assessment on the quality of education obtainable in public schools? I would like to see an actual report on these findings if available.

People make it down here too that's for sure, especially entrepreneurs, military/paramilitary officers, politicians, contractors, federal government workers in particular ministries, creative entertainers, information marketers and corporate personnels in multinational companies and of course farmers. So it's not right to say people cannot achieve a certain level of financial /economic development. Some people here especially govt workers have the opportunity of establishing multiple income generating businesses on the side but the black man/woman being accursed will keep waiting for govt to uplift him. Ask them what they did with their free time while in active service but they cannot account for it.

As for self development former president Obasanjo said this "If you want to hide something from a black man, write it in a book" That said, I don't think you have met enough Nigerians, some people do go after personal development, I have seen some people with over 50 certificates, some still attend regular conferences both within and outside the country . It's not as bad as you paint it please.

I think there is a certain caliber of people who post on this forum (most middle class might not think this website is worthy of their membership) but they are wrong, nairaland is a great site, it just tends to attract some low lifers (no offense to anyone)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
keni:

I totally disagree, with this with 400k you would still be paying for most things out of pocket secondly even doctors here go abroad when they have certain medical issues please this is like comparing oranges and apple, based on the few things highlighted here, OP I strongly advice you to go to Canada but please do your home work

Yes na, they go abroad because the black person's mindset is that everything western is superior(even though one old man in his village might have the antidote to his medical problem but western must be the best abi?)

How well have we developed our own alternative medicine to make us worthy of medical tourism. Yet they were the ones who came here to look for us because they needed manpower which we had in abundance and they didn't

OP, go as soon as you can, it is a personal choice.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by keni: 1:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
ApexTitan:

God will bless you abundantly for this my brother, because we were born into this life style in Nigeria, we do not even appreciate the fact if we dont worry about certain things, it will improve our productivity. Secondly as horrible as even the USA is painted today, I still got there 2 years ago and saw in a starbucks shop I saw 2 fliers on the counter, one was advertising vacancy the other one was advertising the benefit of sponsoring all employees either full time or part time through there University education (although its in a particular school) for free I have never seen that in any employment in Nigeria I still leave in Nigeria till today
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
pls let keep the discussion civil ,Canada is better in most areas more than Nigeria but let make our contribution without attacking each other let just raise our point it will go a long way in helping many people

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

Good, you are a Canadian and you love your country so what makes you feel you have bragging rights and I don't because I am a Nigerian?

What do you know about the things we enjoy here?

1) We pay very little tax here..

2) Our weather is never ever extreme, in fact we have so many months of good weather.

3) I can open multiple businesses and enjoy many months of tax exemptions

4) I can decide to start any legit business I chose with no questions asked by any authorities, all I need is to fill business opening forms and it is done

5) We actually own houses here without paying mortgage..

6) Land is easily bought here with flexible payment plans if one knows where to go

7) Whatever you do in your house e.g. borehole for water, installing solar panels, or using lister is all up to you

I can go on but I have got other things to do.

I am a Nigerian citizen and a very contented one at that, deal with it.

Pidgeot-babe, the man asked about opinions about if his "friend" should take the risk to migrate to Canada. As a dual citizen of both countries who has also lived in both countries, I gave my opinion. Really who else is better qualified to give such advice ? You started to catch feelings and brought you trouble my way. What's even funny is that you think the points you're making proves your case while in reality its proving why anyone who has the chance to leave should get out ASAP.

1. Paying very little tax is nothing something to brag about. When a society pays for something collectively as a whole, with the rich and big corporations paying more in taxes, it makes life cheaper and helps the middle. The very little taxes explains why the roads are horrible, infrastructure is a joke, gov't healthcare is almost dead last in the world, etc. I'll gladly pay more in taxes.

2. I'd rather prosper in a colder temp country than live in poverty in the hot sun.

3. Businesses get tax exempts here as well.

4. Starting ANY legit business you chose with no questions asked is not something to brag about. That's exactly why Nigeria is a ZOO. In a civilized country not only must you have to be qualified, they'll be inspectors to make sure safety, sanitation, etc is in order.

5. A very few actually owns houses there. The majority live in poverty, without constant running water, neppa,etc. The reason why most don't use/have mortgages is not because money is flying everywhere, and everybody is buying their houses with cash. It's because the majority of Nigerians live below the poverty line, high youth unemployment rate, and there is NO middle class in the country. In short banks would lose money and go under if they gave out mortgages like in the west. That being said, I know some in Nigeria who do have mortgages in Nigeria.

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/nigerias-poverty-level-index-hits-72-2016-fitch-reports/

6. Land is easily bought with flexible payment plans ? Doesn't that sound like a mortgage.

7. Again Nigeria is a ZOO where most houses lack proper amenities. In 2017 we're still talking about boreholes ?

Please don't go on, you're embarrassing yourself.

Dual Canadian/Nigerian citizen who's perception of reality is not distorted by foolish patriotism. Deal with it baby girl.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by zeelo2014: 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
@Maternal, Easy bro! lol. Atimes we're blinded by patriotism. If the OP had a prosperous business in naija with potentials of earning millions, I would understand. But that 400k is really not something to hold on to if you have the opportunity of moving to Canada, where the public school that is free is likely better infact better than the Coronas and chrislands that are overpriced with limited recreational facilities, you get quality healthcare for the family, sleep in houses with no burglary proof and no fear. It's endless..
No discrimination between the rich and poor, lots of services are subsidized for low income earners.
we all pray Nigeria gets there one day but till then..

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

Well we don't pay enough taxes down here while the middle class pays for these things over there so I don't see anything wrong in providing some things for ourselves.

The middle class are not all digging boreholes lol those who stay in urban centers do have running water in their homes(don't get me wrong). Did you do any assessment on the quality of education obtainable in public schools? I would like to see an actual report on these findings if available.

The internet is replete with studies and assessments of Nigerian schools and our quality of education. Here is one of several of such studies https://nigeria.iom.int/sites/default/files/newsletter/ANNEX%20XXIV%20REPORT%20OF%20NEEDS%20ASSESSMENT%20IN%20EDUCATION%20SECTOR%202014.pdf

Here is an excerpt from the link above (pg 6, emphasis mine)

The results of the needs assessment survey indicated the presence of an enabling policy
environment for diaspora engagement in the Nigerian education sector. The results showed that
there are currently debilitating skills and competency gaps in the nation’s education sector. The
analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data revealed acute skills gaps in the core disciplines of
science, foreign languages, mathematics and basic technology at the basic and post-basic education
levels while special education, computer science, technology, law, engineering, medicine and
surgery were identified as domains of skills shortage in tertiary education.
The results of the
assessment further revealed that teachers at all levels of education generally lacked ICT, counselling
and pedagogical competencies. The results also showed that lack of modern infrastructure, scarcity
of teaching materials and inadequate research equipment in Nigerian educational institutions are
“push” factors accounting for the exodus of Nigerian academics to other countries in search of
greener pastures.

That pretty much sums the state of things as regards Nigerian education. We really don't need a study to tell us that.

Nobody is saying that everyone in Nigeria is doomed to a life of poverty and suffering. There are people who are financially successful in 9ja but the fact remains that the opportunities for financial success are few and reducing rapidly by the day. This is, unfortunately, the case for many who are willing to put in the work required. What abounds instead are dubious means to financial wealth and its attendant problems which we deal with every day.

Twist and turn as we may, Nigeria loses out on the chances of financial/economic success front to Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
maternal:

Pidgeot-babe, the man asked about opinions about if his "friend" should take the risk to migrate to Canada. As a dual citizen of both countries who has also lived in both countries, I gave my opinion. Really who else is better qualified to give such advice ? You started to catch feelings and brought you trouble my way. What's even funny is that you think the points you're making proves your case while in reality its proving why anyone who has the chance to leave should get out ASAP.

1. Paying very little tax is nothing something to brag about. When a society pays for something collectively as a whole, with the rich and big corporations paying more in taxes, it makes life cheaper and helps the middle. The very little taxes explains why the roads are horrible, infrastructure is a joke, gov't healthcare is almost dead last in the world, etc. I'll gladly pay more in taxes.

2. I'd rather prosper in a colder temp country than live in poverty in the hot sun.

3. Businesses get tax exempts here as well.

4. Starting ANY legit business you chose with no questions asked is not something to brag about. That's exactly why Nigeria is a ZOO. In a civilized country not only must you have to be qualified, they'll be inspectors to make sure safety, sanitation, etc is in order.

5. A very few actually owns houses there. The majority live in poverty, without constant running water, neppa,etc. The reason why most don't use/have mortgages is not because money is flying everywhere, and everybody is buying their houses with cash. It's because the majority of Nigerians live below the poverty line, high youth unemployment rate, and there is NO middle class in the country. In short banks would lose money and go under if they gave out mortgages like in the west. That being said, I know some in Nigeria who do have mortgages in Nigeria.

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/nigerias-poverty-level-index-hits-72-2016-fitch-reports/

6. Land is easily bought with flexible payment plans ? Doesn't that sound like a mortgage.

7. Again Nigeria is a ZOO where most houses lack proper amenities. In 2017 we're still talking about boreholes ?

Please don't go on, you're embarrassing yourself.

Dual Canadian/Nigerian citizen who's perception of reality is not distorted by foolish patriotism. Deal with it baby girl.

By saying Nigeria is a zoo you are indirectly calling us who live here Animals, right? You claim to live in a society with high standards, basic amenities, the best education, good health care facilities and so on and yet you still come across as uncivilized and unsophisticated. So what is the point of all the luxury when your state of mind is still like that of the average Street boy in Nigeria.

Nigeria is not a zoo, it is a country and we owe it a duty to make things work

I have never liked Buhari because he doesn't practice what he preaches but the fact is that we all should feel a sense of responsibility towards our country. That said, the OP is at liberty to make his choice as for me o won't even give it a passing thought if I was in his shoes

Seun, why haven't you relocated? cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
I was actually enjoying the debate between Maternal and Pidgin until pidgin resorted to insults. Honestly pidgin2's points do not hold water in this case and truly should be enough reason for people to run as fast as their legs can carry them out of Nigeria.

@OP
Take it from a dual citizen as well who visits Nigeria a minimum of twice a year. I have only just returned from a 2 month trip to Nigeria. 400k a month is nothing. After I bought bag of rice, beans, yam, "provisions" a.k.a milo, milk, tea, cornflakes e.t.c, even Buying diesel every week cost me an arm and a leg, basket of tomatoes et.c. 400k was almost gone if not all gone. I know how much I took with me to Nigeria and I know how much I had to transfer to my naija acct from because I breezed through my budget within 2 weeks

Believe me when I say that the money I spent in Naija in 2 weeks, I haven't spent it here in over a month here.

Health is life-YOU GET THAT FREE IN CANADA.

People are still digging bore hole in Nigeria. No constant electricity. Generators on 24/7 polluting the air that people breathe in...causing long and short term adverse health effects.

I am not a die hard patriot. I visit home a lot but I am not going to deny the fact that Canada would favour you better than Nigeria would

Pardon my Engilishi...typed on my damn phone

15 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

By saying Nigeria is a zoo you are indirectly calling us who live here Animals, right? You claim to live in a society with high standards, basic amenities, the best education, good health care facilities and so on and yet you still come across as uncivilized and unsophisticated. So what is the point of all the luxury when your state of mind is still like that of the average Street boy in Nigeria.

If this was a well moderated forum you will not get away with such insult. Nigeria is not a zoo, it is a country and we owe it a duty to make things work

I have never liked Buhari because he doesn't practice what he preaches but the fact is that we all should feel a sense of responsibility towards our country. That said, the OP is at liberty to make his choice as for me o won't even give it a passing thought if I was in his shoes

grin grin
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2017
justwise:

grin grin

cheesy justwise lol

Edited..
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hehe

I just read that the naira dropped to N503 in exchange to the greenback on the parallel market. (http://punchng.com/naira-tumbles-503-parallel-market/)

That means that our N400K don turn $795.

grin

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
maternal:

I beg where will you see/find the president? Someone that is enjoying correct medical care in the land of obodo oyibo.

Who knows...maybe Theresa May and Trump and Turnbull and Putin and Merkel e.t.c all plan to visit Naija for medical check up.

Nigeria's HOD(head of state) is busy enjoying the health care system of a developed country. The guy isn't a patriot Why should I be? cool

Even Bobrisky isn't a patriot. He has bleached so tey even his pubic hair join inside the bleach..and una want me to be a patriot?. The only reason why I haven't bleached my skin is because no amount of TURA is enough to scrape of this BLACK. Plus gone are the days of good ol Tura...the ones we see around (That's if Omotola's husband is not busy collecting them and stashing them away at his place), are china made grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 11, 2017
WellEndowed:

I beg where will you see/find the president? Someone that is enjoying correct medical care in the land of obodo oyibo.

Who knows...maybe Theresa May and Trump and Turnbull and Putin and Merkel e.t.c all plan to visit Naija for medical check up.

Nigeria's HOD(head of state) is busy enjoying the health care system of a developed country. The guy isn't a patriot Why should I be? cool

Even Bobrisky isn't a patriot. He has bleached so tey even his pubic hair join inside the bleach..and una want me to be a patriot?. The only reason why I haven't bleached my skin is because no amount of TURA is enough to scrape of this BLACK. Plus gone are the days of good ol Tura...the ones we see around (That's if Omotola's husband is not busy collecting them and stashing them away at his place), are china made grin
Epic.

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 7:48am On Feb 11, 2017
WellEndowed:

I know their games. While he may be getting some medical care, he's also scoping real estate out in the UK. He's setting up his future retirement abroad. Let a leader in a developed country go abroad for medical care, while their citizens are forced to use the same medical care they do not trust. People would burn down the Parliament. How can anyone defend such a country, I don't get it. When people make such threads I read it in disbelief. Then again most haven't lived abroad so you can't blame them. Because of 400k person is debating whether to leave or stay in a Zoo ? Unbelievable.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 7:55am On Feb 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Nigeria is not a zoo, it is a country and we owe it a duty to make things work

I'm calling anyone who foolishly defends the country and policies, like it's progressive an animal. Buhari doesn't practice what he preaches. Name me one naija politician who did since 1960 ? You have to admit you have a problem before you can fix it.

10 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by temitope06(m): 8:46am On Feb 11, 2017
There's really no need for the argument, its personal preference. If someone chooses to stay in all these economic hardship, no electricity, no good infrastructure, the worst healthcare, child kidnappings, no security for lives and property, no jobs, frustrating environment even to start ur own biz even with no tax, high cost of everything, insane people, ordinary senator earning more than POTUS, and 500 other crazy situations, pls let them be. As for me and my family, we shall serve the Lord... from oyinbo land if I get the opportunity.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:51am On Feb 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

cheesy justwise lol

Edited..

You make me laugh when i read your defence of Nigerian situation, calling a spade a spade its not actually a bad thing you know

8 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2017
i wish valid point will be raised by persons with experience like with the MBA u can do so so in canada then possibility of getting job is so so filed ,mr A did same pls not bashing each other ....canada and najia are not on same level but we dont want move from frying pan to fire since there are also poor and homeless person in canada and they are white like wise Nigeria
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2017
maternal:

I'm calling anyone who foolishly defends the country and policies, like it's progressive an animal. Buhari doesn't practice what he preaches. Name me one naija politician who did since 1960 ? You have to admit you have a problem before you can fix it.

No one is foolishly defending anything, I will never hate my country and I am sure there are a few people like me here too. Are you hanging around here to get a kick out of Nigerians hating on our country or what?

Here are the names of a few presidents that did well: Obasanjo, Yaradua and Goodluck Ebere Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 6:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

No one is foolishly defending anything, I will never hate my country and I am sure there are a few people like me here too. Are you hanging around here to get a kick out of Nigerians hating on our country or what?

Here are the names of a few presidents that did well: Obasanjo, Yaradua and Goodluck Ebere Jonathan.

I weep for you.

I actually thought you really believed in Nigeria but I guess you are just trolling same way you did on Frank Netter's thread.

My advice for Maternal is to keep ad hominems aside and counsel the OP so he can make an informed decision.

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Collyno82(m): 7:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

The glass is either half full or half empty, it all depends on your mindset. It is a free world no one is forcing you to see things my way
Are u entitled to ur opinion? Of course yes. But when u are analyzing issues at least for Gods sake be rational. So that u don't mislead the public.
Mind u it can be quarter full not necessarily half full or half empty. This assertion is also wrong. Take note in ur future discourse

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Collyno82(m): 7:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

This is just a simple discourse. Stop mixing up issues. It is not an emotional question like Nigeria n Canada which do u love most. Someone is seeking for an advice, why not advise him n stop this ur holier than thou patriotism

8 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
Collyno82:

This is just a simple discourse. Stop mixing up issues. It is not an emotional question like Nigeria n Canada which do u love most. Someone is seeking for an advice, why not advise him n stop this ur holier than thou patriotism

Is it wrong to be patriotic? This country is blessed with so many resources, good soil, solid minerals, good weather, abundant man power, etc. If the government fails us does that mean we should give up on a country with so much potential?

The OP asked for our opinions and I said with the salary he earns he can invest in real estate, acquire property, renovate and sell. He can start building from scratch and sell his properties later or even make steady income by becoming a landlord. If you live in Nigeria you will know that real estate business is something that you cannot lose your money if you plan well. If he decides to stay overseas and do this business people here will take advantage of him.

Must i tell him to relocate before my advice will be taken as intelligent? Haba, we can't all have the same view.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures / Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.