Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (80607 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Misterdhee1(m): 11:50am On Feb 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Did he tell you the location of where he works?

If you see a one bedroom flat for N400K but you decide to go for the one of N1 whose business is it? FYI check out the prices of flats for rent around the area mentioned, stop giving false information

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/lekki/showtype?bedrooms=1

For Ikeja, these are the prices to expect:
https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/ikeja/showtype?bedrooms=1

In most other parts of Nigeria rent is cheaper(except in Abuja)

As for the recession part go and read the attached link about Buhari's administration in 1984 then come back and discuss, I posted that link to show you that what happened then and now is not a coincidence
Sis, you get wahala big time. You made few salient points at the beginning, but in the last two pages you just been blabbing and arguing blindly. Most of these people are more experienced than you on this issue. You v made your points, why not allow others who have witnessed the two sides of the coins to make theirs?

And about the issue of recession, it's either you deliberately choose to be ignorant or you are just trying to outsmart facts. Recession don't just appear within a year, madam.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
Here are some of the types of houses available to our project manager, assuming he lives in Lagos, as recommended by madam Pidjin2. (Yay middle class!) All these houses are nowhere near VI or Lekki which is probably where his office is located. We'll not talk about the monster Lagos traffic he has to deal with every day just to get to work.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 12:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Did he tell you the location of where he works?

If you see a one bedroom flat for N400K but you decide to go for the one of N1 whose business is it? FYI check out the prices of flats for rent around the area mentioned, stop giving false information

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/lekki/showtype?bedrooms=1

For Ikeja, these are the prices to expect:
https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/ikeja/showtype?bedrooms=1

In most other parts of Nigeria rent is cheaper(except in Abuja)

As for the recession part go and read the attached link about Buhari's administration in 1984 then come back and discuss, I posted that link to show you that what happened then and now is not a coincidence

I am tired of the pointless back and forths. Stick to the topic. He said he works for an oil servicing firm. 85% of the oil servicing firms that are worth their salt have their offices on the Island (especially VI and to a less degree Lekki). The remaining few if any would be in Apapa and Ikeja. So he didn't need to tell me. I can do the maths.

LOL @ false information. How asinine can you be? I live in and work in one of the 3 areas I mentioned to you. Take my information like it is coming from God.

In most other parts of Nigeria rent is cheaper? Ok, so should he stay in Ikorodu and work in VI? Whatever he saves through house rents, he would pay for through PMS demands on his car. Sensible people call it "trying to make penny wise and pound foolish" and guess who ends up being foolish?

I read your links..I am sure you didn't read it. You want to take the spin PDP tried to create by claiming a fictitious recession of 1984 even when I pointed out to you that your first link said that recession began in 1981 (During Shagari's time). Buhari was only HOS between 1983 to 1985 and the greatest plunge in Nigeria's FX rate drop /Job losses/ GDP contraction came after IBB did his SAP. In fact we devalued the currency to make-up for the fact that revenue had shrunk following...wait for it...a plunge in crude oil price.

If you think history is repeating itself it is because any time crude oil prices drop significantly, Nigeria goes into a recession. And that is why we are advising someone who works in that sector in Nigeria not to get too comfy (especially as he works in the servicing arm that are always hardest hit). Trust me, he would know.

Please, leave failed leaders and defend your stance with facts. I don't want to discuss the Nigerian economy in terms of her past or present leaders. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
ApexTitan:
Here are some of the types of houses available to our project manager, assuming he lives in Lagos, as recommended by madam Pidjin2. (Yay middle class!) All these houses are nowhere near VI or Lekki which is probably where his office is located. We'll not talk about the monster Lagos traffic he has to deal with every day just to get to work.

God bless you.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Sis, you get wahala big time. You made few salient points at the beginning, but in the last two pages you just been blabbing and arguing blindly. Most of these people are more experienced than you on this issue. You v made your points, why not allow others who have witnessed the two sides of the coins to make theirs?

And about the issue of recession, it's either you deliberately choose to be ignorant or you are just trying to outsmart facts. Recession don't just appear within a year, madam.

That's what I am asking her to do. Give us facts. How can anyone tell me rents in VI/Lekki go for 450k. I feel insulted.

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
Eruditor:

I am tired of the pointless back and forths. Stick to the topic. He said he works for an oil servicing firm. 85% of the oil servicing firms that are worth their salt have their offices on the Island (especially VI and to a less degree Lekki). The remaining few if any would be in Apapa and Ikeja. So he didn't need to tell me. I can do the maths.

LOL @ false information. How asinine can you be? I live in and work in one of the 3 areas I mentioned to you. Take my information like it is coming from God.

In most other parts of Nigeria rent is cheaper? Ok, so should he stay in Ikorodu and work in VI? Whatever he saves through house rents, he would pay for through PMS demands on his car. Sensible people call it "trying to make penny wise and pound foolish" and guess who ends up being foolish?

I read your links..I am sure you didn't read it. You want to take the spin PDP tried to create by claiming a fictitious recession of 1984 even when I pointed out to you that your first link said that recession began in 1981 (During Shagari's time). Buhari was only HOS between 1983 to 1985 and the greatest plunge in Nigeria's FX rate drop /Job losses/ GDP contraction came after IBB did his SAP. In fact we devalued the currency to make-up for the fact that revenue had shrunk following...wait for it...a plunge in crude oil price.

If you think history is repeating itself it is because any time crude oil prices drop significantly, Nigeria goes into a recession. And that is why we are advising someone who works in that sector in Nigeria not to get too comfy (especially as he works in the servicing arm that are always hardest hit). Trust me, he would know.

Please, leave failed leaders and defend your stance with facts. I don't want to discuss the Nigerian economy in terms of her past or present leaders. Thank you.

Nice write you bro, but you get time too o grin. I stopped reading her posts the moment she included Jonathan's name among the list of president that has done well.

8 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
Misterdhee1:

What's this one saying, do you know who you are talking to? Don't quote me again if you have no useful thing to say
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by samtol4(m): 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
Even if someone earn 1million naira and you have good opportunity and immigrant scheme to relcoate to Canada please don't wait . The future of your children born in Canada is brighter than Nigeria . Your children will appreciate you when they are grown up . To acquire properties in Nigeria is very difficult and extremely hard if you are not earning High and you are not a politician compare to abroad where ordinary cleaner and messenger can own a house through different means . Someone mentioned paying data and bills in abroad ,are bills free in Nigeria ? The bottom line is this if you have skills to compete in abroad do your research very well about the country before you travel and dont go abroad to hustle and become ilegal and if you are comfortable in Nigeria stay in Nigeria to develop her but make sure you travel for holidays in other countries this will help your thinking and ways of doing things

8 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
ApexTitan:

It seems you lack comprehension. Go back and read the two links I posted and location I stated before posting trash here. Read all my posts thoroughly before mentioning my moniker
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by SuccessGee(m): 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
I wonder why you guys are replying this pidgin2 sef. She`s always trolling travel section and forming this patriotic nonsense. And she never barks down even when facts are laid before her and its obvious she`s ignorant. She s so full of crap. smh.. shocked

7 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
pls can we be civil just raise your points 8 persons are using this to plan there life ....so absolute care need to be taken a girl we raised 300 k to go to oman on a work visa she was a cleaner in our office with ond so we rally round cos she was very nice her new pay was around 800 dollar as a domestic help with accommodation and feeding but just two months she is there and complaining of slave like work ,verbal abuse infact she is regreting she for set up small biz with the money ...nb oman is very rich oil nation shocked

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2017
it can also be priced down to 550 that just 45k permonth ,1.5 m peryear can do for food and bills for family of 3 so with 4.8 m peranum 2.8 till remain if you add school fees etc the guy must still have around 1.5 m saving

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by acorntree(m): 9:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

It seems you lack comprehension. Go back and read the two links I posted and location I stated before posting trash here. Read all my posts thoroughly before mentioning my moniker

your arguments doesn't hold ground at all. It is either you're a complete troll or girlfriend to some of these failed politicians. Nigeria is in complete mess up now and you're here defending what is undefendable. Govt. workers are being owed salaries, market women are bitterly complaing about the state of the economy. Universities ASU , polytechnics ASUP are all threatening to go on strike.Peoples are finding it difficult to live as normal human being and you're here spewing thrash in the name of trying to be good citizen. its better you keep mute than all these show of shame you are displaying here. you don't have the intellectual prowess to argue intelligently. pls stop trying to be smart bec. you're not. Many of us still in this shithole are just enduring bec. we don't have the financially capacities to migrate. we have children , wife and to start life afresh in foreign country is not so easy. Career change is another issue entirely.
what's 400k in a crippling economy, where basic necessities of life are just too expensive. we paid heavily for everything

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
acorntree:

your arguments doesn't hold ground at all. It is either you're a complete troll or girlfriend to some of these failed politicians. Nigeria is in complete mess up now and you're here defending what is undefendable. Govt. workers are being owed salaries, market women are bitterly complaing about the state of the economy. Universities ASU , polytechnics ASUP are all threatening to go on strike.Peoples are finding it difficult to live as normal human being and you're here spewing thrash in the name of trying to be good citizen. its better you keep mute than all these show of shame you are displaying here. you don't have the intellectual prowess to argue intelligently. pls stop trying to be smart bec. you're not. Many of us still in this shithole are just enduring bec. we don't have the financially capacities to migrate. we have children , wife and to start life afresh in foreign country is not so easy. Career change is another issue entirely.
what's 400k in a crippling economy, where basic necessities of life are just too expensive. we paid heavily for everything

If you take a moment to go through your post gently you will see the real reason for your poverty, indeed there is no hope for someone with such a mindset to prosper.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
samtol4:
Even if someone earn 1million naira and you have good opportunity and immigrant scheme to relcoate to Canada please don't wait . The future of your children born in Canada is brighter than Nigeria . Your children will appreciate you when they are grown up . To acquire properties in Nigeria is very difficult and extremely hard if you are not earning High and you are not a politician compare to abroad where ordinary cleaner and messenger can own a house through different means . Someone mentioned paying data and bills in abroad ,are bills free in Nigeria ? The bottom line is this if you have skills to compete in abroad do your research very well about the country before you travel and dont go abroad to hustle and become ilegal and if you are comfortable in Nigeria stay in Nigeria to develop her but make sure you travel for holidays in other countries this will help your thinking and ways of doing things

"To acquire property in Nigeria is difficult and extremely hard? " for people like you sha not for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 1:04am On Feb 15, 2017
Pidgin2:

Seeing as you keep getting owned on this thread you now resort to vitriolic remarks now? I merely opened and posted pictures from the links you provided so that means you take credit for the trash. What is amusing is that you continually provide the material that is used to unseat you in this debate.

Readers are just waiting to see at what point you'll realise that you are in too deep in the hole you've been digging for yourself here.

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by skitkid2(m): 2:27am On Feb 15, 2017
@pidgin2
This is what your argument can be likened to

Its as if you're saying that since Nokia c2 can make call and Iphone7 can, then IPhone 7 is not a better phone.

What are you even comparing between Nigeria and Canada?

My district is full of rich people, but the only time I see electricity is around 12am when people has gone to bed.

Its a little acceptable to compare Canada to lekki or V.I

But comparing country for country is not making sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by arena07: 6:58am On Feb 15, 2017
skitkid2:
@pidgin2
This is what your argument can be likened to

Its as if you're saying that since Nokia c2 can make call and Iphone7 can, then IPhone 7 is not a better phone.

What are you even comparing between Nigeria and Canada?

My district is full of rich people, but the only time I see electricity is around 12am when people has gone to bed.

Its a little acceptable to compare Canada to lekki or V.I

But comparing country for country is not making sense.

lol u are funny what is so special about lekki?are saying they have uninterrupted power supply for 24hours? Canada is 1million times better than those places you mentioned... I wonder why guys are still replying her

8 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by davinchecodes(m): 1:31pm On Feb 15, 2017
Alikote:
we expect a detail suggestions no road side statement like carry go this a life long thing that can mar or make someone
I would advice ur friend to relocate.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by samtol4(m): 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
Pidgin2:

"To acquire property in Nigeria is difficult and extremely hard? " for people like you sha not for everyone.
For people like you not me
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by klexycole(m): 12:50am On Feb 16, 2017
This is terribly serious! shocked shocked

Was pretty enjoying the argument (also learning new things) until 'she' resulted into bashing and uncivilized remarks. angry

No respect for her countrymen whatsoever. Not good enough...

God bless everyone who contributed 'positively' on this great thread. cool

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Wiseoldman: 4:02am On Feb 16, 2017
No sense of pride at all with the way we are arguing so passionately about a foreign country. Its true these countries are more developed, but Nigeria will get there. There is soo much untapped resources here. It is really a question of ones vision anyway. If you want to live a comfortable average civilized life you have a greater chance doing that in Canada. If you on the other hand want to take a chance to be great with the one life you have. Then you have greater chance at this in NAIJA.

For those of you using children as excuses. A Canadian Professor at the U of Manitoba I believe said the main reason why we would all fail to have a great career/life is that we have all cleverly found a way to use poor children as the reason for being mediocre.
Some of you would say in 50 years time "Kid I would have built the largest rice mill in Nigeria which was still developing then, but I had to give you a comfortable life"...

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 4:57am On Feb 16, 2017
Wiseoldman:
No sense of pride at all with the way we are arguing so passionately about a foreign country. Its true these countries are more developed, but Nigeria will get there. There is soo much untapped resources here. It is really a question of ones vision anyway. If you want to live a comfortable average civilized life you have a greater chance doing that in Canada. If you on the other hand want to take a chance to be great with the one life you have. Then you have greater chance at this in NAIJA.

For those of you using children as excuses. A Canadian Professor at the U of Manitoba I believe said the main reason why we would all fail to have a great career/life is that we have all cleverly found a way to use poor children as the reason for being mediocre.
Some of you would say in 50 years time "Kid I would have built the largest rice mill in Nigeria which was still developing then, but I had to give you a comfortable life"...

I thought pidgin-babe was bad. My guy you take the cake. When is your comedy series coming out ?

13 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11am On Feb 16, 2017
maternal:

I thought pidgin-babe was bad. My guy you take the cake. When is your comedy series coming out ?
Lol, I hail thee bro!
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by lagosrd: 7:52am On Feb 16, 2017
maternal:

I insist in as much it's good to be patriotic kindly try to live a better civilized life in this very single o r you came before you return to baba God. Where complaints of bad leadership will not be an excuse. Let people go out there and get the resources to live above poverty line in Nigeria.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:07am On Feb 16, 2017
Wiseoldman:

Even God himself should be angry with you right now

9 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 16, 2017
maternal:

Mr. Canadian citizen, you will never be known down here, no Canadian citizen is well known down here, whereas countless Nigerian citizens become great personalities or at least have a chance to be. Even in your country your chances of becoming somebody worthy of recognition is very slim, go and enjoy your good life while we here get the chance of becoming more than just your average Joe cheesy

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 16, 2017
justwise:

Even God himself should be angry with you right now

Lol God cannot be angry with him for saying the truth, maybe you can give us examples of outstanding Canadian/Nigerian citizens who have relocated and compare that to the number of well known Nigerian citizens who recide here and who would have otherwise settled for an average Joe faith if they had relocated.

Let's take the creative industry as a case study: the likes of Tuface Idibia, King Sunny Ade,(late)Fela Anikulakpo Kuti, Tiwa Savage, Joke Sylvia, Kaffy and others all leveraged on their Nigerianess lol which Canadian/Nigerian abroad is in their league in the creative industry? Average Joes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by keni: 10:03am On Feb 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol God cannot be angry with him for saying the truth, maybe you can give us examples of outstanding Canadian/Nigerian citizens who have relocated and compare that to the number of well known Nigerian citizens who recide here and who would have otherwise settled for an average Joe faith if they had relocated.

Let's take the creative industry as a case study: the likes of Tuface Idibia, King Sunny Ade,(late)Fela Anikulakpo Kuti, Tiwa Savage, Joke Sylvia, Kaffy and others all leveraged on their Nigerianess lol which Canadian/Nigerian abroad is in their league in the creative industry? Average Joes cheesy

well known for what?

okay the 2nd bold sums up every other profession for the 200million people in this country? what an arguement

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 10:38am On Feb 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

You don't move from light to darkness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Which European Country Can I Travel To With 3m? / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.