Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,943 members, 7,803,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) (5105 Views)

China's War Against Religion.. / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion / Should Atheists Speak Out Against Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Seun(m): 6:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
Dan Barker exposes the "gospel" of Christianity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lyxL2nx5cw

Sam Harris dismantles Christianity's foundation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6e17TflrHY

Christopher Hitchens knocks out Abrahamic religions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQox1hQrABQ

On a lighter note ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8hefESt7c

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Chrisrare: 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
Wot are dey saying in d video?
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by ritababe(f): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
one day I believe Seun will convert to Christian.

1 Like

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Flexherbal(m): 6:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
Let us all, just work hard to make the world a better place.

3 Likes

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by yorhmienerd(m): 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2017
LOL Seun, one day, just one day cool
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by ichommy(m): 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
ritababe:

Finger Cross.

1 Like

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by felixomor: 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
Seun, all these men have all been debated before.
Nothing new. Just old stuff.

I dont know how u arrived at "knockout"
I am yet to see one person you have converted to atheism with all these your videos........

2 Likes

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
ritababe:

One day, Yar'adua will transform Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Madeu(m): 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2017
ritababe:

One day I believe ritababe will convert to Buddhism.

2 Likes

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by randomperson: 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
felixomor:
Seun, all these men have all been debated before.
Nothing new. Just old stuff.

I dont know how u arrived at "knockout"
I am yet to see one person you have converted to atheism with all these your videos........
You're yet to see?? Maybe because you're not looking well enough...

4 Likes

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by felixomor: 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
randomperson:

You're yet to see?? Maybe because you're not looking well enough...

Heheh,
Is it u?
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by hopefulLandlord: 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2017
I just started watching Christopher Hitchens' debates and that guy is someone you can't help but admire

I admire Mr. Hitchens because when challenged in debate, he could give forth very cogent reasons and concisely, for making a claim or for having a particular stand.

He doesn't twist or mince his words or ramble in on and on, hoping to lose the attention of the audience, or to go around the issues at hand. He addressed questions to him directly, concisely, and unwaveringly so. He never rant on and on, hoping to dodge the question but appear to have answered, appear to have responded adequately, for the sake of mere appearance.

Beyond that, he had an admirable ability to draw facts and counter arguments straight up, and he didn't avoid or dodge questions, or change subjects, he spoke frankly and directly, and did not hesitate to question popular yet questionable notions or fallacious arguments.
And he was charming and witty, yet also graceful and cool under pressure

its a pity cancer had to snatch him away from us

RIP bro; enjoy the eternal bliss of beer volcano and stripper factory FSM gave you; you deserve it and more

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by QuietHammer(m): 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
Christopher crazy Hitchens. I once saw a debate of him vs four christians. ...they were no match for him.

1 Like

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 09, 2017
Delusions.
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I just started watching Christopher Hitchens' debates and that guy is someone you can't help but admire

I admire Mr. Hitchens because when challenged in debate, he could give forth very cogent reasons and concisely, for making a claim or for having a particular stand.

He doesn't twist or mince his words or ramble in on and on, hoping to lose the attention of the audience, or to go around the issues at hand. He addressed questions to him directly, concisely, and unwaveringly so. He never rant on and on, hoping to dodge the question but appear to have answered, appear to have responded adequately, for the sake of mere appearance.

Beyond that, he had an admirable ability to draw facts and counter arguments straight up, and he didn't avoid or dodge questions, or change subjects, he spoke frankly and directly, and did not hesitate to question popular yet questionable notions or fallacious arguments.
And he was charming and witty, yet also graceful and cool under pressure

its a pity cancer had to snatch him away from us

RIP bro; enjoy the eternal bliss of beer volcano and stripper factory FSM gave you; you deserve it and more
Ramen brother. The Pasta giveth and the pasta taketh away cry sad

1 Like

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by hopefulLandlord: 3:05am On Feb 09, 2017
QuietHammer:
Christopher crazy Hitchens. I once saw a debate of him vs four christians. ...they were no match for him.

You're wrong bro, they were 5 (five) Christians because the moderator completely joined the Christians too, it was hilarious

1 Like

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by skeendyke: 4:06am On Feb 09, 2017
Knockout to religion? Sure. If you meant knockout to the true body of Christ, the living Church, I laugh in Swahili. Even the hordes of hell know they are but powerless against the sons and daughters of God. cool

5 Likes

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Martinez19(m): 4:11am On Feb 09, 2017
QuietHammer:
grin Christopher Hitchens is one intelligent dude. May he rest in peace. He, Richard Dawkins, George Carlin, Sam Harris and Bill Maher have dealt with religious folks. You need to see their faces when they are stunned by illogical and rational nonsense. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by birdman(m): 5:45am On Feb 09, 2017
Seun:
Dan Barker exposes the "gospel" of Christianity:

Sam Harris dismantles Christianity's foundation:

Christopher Hitchens knocks out Abrahamic religions:

oh boy..i sure hope these are not the knock out punches you are basing your faith on. Only the first video by Barker even comes close to anything serious. If you were going to build a legal case, the last 3 would not pass muster. Lots of conjecture, lots of bloviating and a lot of ignorance. Even the guy trying to pass a scientific argument is doing a bad job - the understanding of the universe has changed in many ways since he did that video it looks like. I can point you to peer reviewed papers from astronomers to brain scientists that are literally re-writing scientific knowledge in favor of the bible.

The problem Dan Barker raises can be generalized to the popular issue of a good God allowing evil. Unfortunately, this is a badly framed question, an artefact of a western mindset trying to understand a middle-eastern book. They do not fully understand what God did when he charged Adam, the first man to have dominion over all the earth in Genesis 1. These type of things they could find out if they ever asked Rabbis about tough issues seen in the Tanakh (Jewish written law) Btw dont call it old testament in front of them -it is still their covenant tongue

1 Like

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by QuietHammer(m): 7:44am On Feb 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

You're wrong bro, they were 5 (five) Christians because the moderator completely joined the Christians too, it was hilarious
Hahaha
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by QuietHammer(m): 7:46am On Feb 09, 2017
Martinez19:
grin Christopher Hitchens is one intelligent dude. May he rest in peace. He, Richard Dawkins, George Carlin, Sam Harris and Bill Maher have dealt with religious folks. You need to see their faces when they are stunned by illogical and rational nonsense. grin grin cheesy
Especially Dawkins. You need to see him debate Depak Chopra. grin I wonder how he keeps his cool.

1 Like

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Seun(m): 10:53am On Feb 09, 2017
Flexherbal:
Let us all, just work hard to make the world a better place.
That won't happen if people truly believe they are "in the world but not of the world"; that the world will be destroyed when their lord returns.

birdman:
Only the first video by Barker even comes close to anything serious.
I'm glad that you saw some merit in Dan Barker's argument. In this video, he tells the story of his deconversion from Christianity.

I can point you to peer reviewed papers from astronomers to brain scientists that are literally re-writing scientific knowledge in favor of the bible.
Please go ahead and do that, but you should know that Sam Harris is a "brain scientist" himself.

The problem Dan Barker raises can be generalized to the popular issue of a good God allowing evil.
The problem of evil is a strong point that has never been refuted, but Dan Barker actually tackled a completely different issue in the first video, which is that God deserves no credit for saving us from himself. It's like a person who wants to be praised for not murdering someone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Viktor1983(m): 11:41am On Feb 09, 2017
grin
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by AfroSamurai: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
I'm still curious to know why all you hate is usually vented at christianity.

Cc: seun
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Seun(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2017
AfroSamurai:
I'm still curious to know why all you hate is usually vented at christianity.
Hate? What hate? What is this person saying?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by AfroSamurai: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2017
Seun:
Hate? What hate? What is this person saying?
I'm saying all your negative thread directed at christianity is one-sided.

Christianity is just as damned and demented as Islam. So you attack christianity all the time and ignore Islam, aren't they Siamese twin?
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
SirWere:

Ramen brother. The Pasta giveth and the pasta taketh away cry sad
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Atheism Ever Gotten U Into Trouble? / Man Shot Dead At Creflo Dollar's World Changer's Church / “I Am Sleeping With My Boss!” – KICC Bishop Bismark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.