Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,158 members, 7,807,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! (1145 Views)

What You Must Know About The Sun And The Moon On Ritual Prayers / How To Live In The Presence Of God Almighty Like The Scriptures Commanded / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by randomperson: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
Study Bible
The Sun Stands Still
12Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, "O sun, stand still at Gibeon, And O moon in the valley of Aijalon."
13So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies. Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.
14There was no day like that before it or after it, when the LORD listened to the voice of a man; for the LORD fought for Israel.

So basically, the writer of this bible story inspired by the holy spirit believed the sun was moving round the earth... Never mind the fact that God actually stopped the sun and the moon just so that the Israelites could exterminate the rightful owners of the land of Canaan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by BiafranBushBoy: 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2017
randomperson:
Study Bible
The Sun Stands Still
12Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, "O sun, stand still at Gibeon, And O moon in the valley of Aijalon."
13So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies. Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.
14There was no day like that before it or after it, when the LORD listened to the voice of a man; for the LORD fought for Israel.

So basically, the writer of this bible story inspired by the holy spirit believed the sun was moving round the earth... Never mind the fact that God actually stopped the sun and the moon just so that the Israelites could exterminate the rightful owners of the land of Canaan.

You u Should focus more on your grammar.. Instead of looking to challenge God .

Most Atheists I know are very sound!!

But welcome to Nigeria where every Tom, Dick and Harry out of hunger, becomes an atheist!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by randomperson: 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

But welcome to Nigeria where every Tom, Dick and Harry out of hunger, becomes an atheist!!
Please point to the grammatical blunder... Because I think you're seeing things that are not there

1 Like

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by BiafranBushBoy: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
randomperson:

Please point to the grammatical blunder... Because I think you're seeing things that are not there

Grammar doesn't only mean grammatical blunders... sad

It could also mean grammatical composition!

Go back to school and leave the almighty God alone!

He didn't cause your wahala in life! angry

3 Likes

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by randomperson: 9:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I can see your problem...
Your inferiority complex has induced a desperate need for a sky daddy and any attempt to debunk the existence of that sky daddy is a threat to your sanity...
That's why instead of addressing the Op, you're searching for inexistent grammatical flaws... Too bad undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by BiafranBushBoy: 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2017
randomperson:

I can see your problem...
Your inferiority complex has induced a desperate need for a sky daddy and any attempt to debunk the existence of that sky daddy is a threat to your sanity...
That's why instead of addressing the Op, you're searching for inexistent grammatical flaws... Too bad undecided

Because Atheists I know are very intelligent.

But all you wanabes... Damn so whack!!

*Spits on the thread*
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by malvisguy212: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
the bible make it very clear and sound, joshua pray and God answer his prayer, it was a miracle, a supernatural event, God created this world out from nothing, this is not an issue for Him.moreover, we still use the phrase like "sun set" and "sun rose" There is no English (or Hebrew) phras indicating that the earth rotates until the horizon covers the Sun.
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by petra1(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
randomperson:

It's a documented account of an experience . If the devil spoke and its documented will you blame the writer for what the devil said . The Bible itself it's not "the word of God" it contains the word of God , the word of the devil , the word of angels and the word of men " it's a document . There' are stories there that were documented like a diary and there are stories that were purely inspired

The writer wrote according to the general understanding and knowledge of their day . That's why we go to school . The Holy Spirit won't teach maths without study
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by felixomor: 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

LoL
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by randomperson: 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Because Atheists I know are very intelligent.

But all you wanabes... Damn so whack!!

*Spits on the thread*
So your intellectual contribution to the discourse is your spitting? Thanks anyways

2 Likes

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by akintom(m): 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
randomperson:

Just like every other legendary stories of myths, there are always absurdities that perforates them.

* sun stand still
* moon stand still

When the sun is up, no one sees the moon.
According to this myth, the sun stood still, so also the moon.

How did this primitive folks, see the moon (while the sun was still standing still) standing still?

Bible folks and their ridiculous gists.
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by BiafranBushBoy: 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2017
randomperson:

So your intellectual contribution to the discourse is your spitting? Thanks anyways

How can I argue God's existence with someone who can't compose a sentence that is readable!

That is gross insult to God and also to my intellect!

Moreover... Arguing about God with you is like arguing if I have a dick after you just saw me Urinating.

I advise you go back and take your drugs! it is almost 11pm!

#PEACE!
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by johnydon22(m): 11:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

your last words are untrue cus in Nigeria more than 95% are religious or practice one cult or the other therefore it's more like every Tom, Dick and Harry is religious..

anyway for his OP i think you should rather see it as a curious question, tender a sufficient answer if you can not attack his person and his grammar which in fact is a petty argument

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by johnydon22(m): 11:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
malvisguy212:
the bible make it very clear and sound, joshua pray and God answer his prayer, it was a miracle, a supernatural event,
the sun is natural and so is the earth - so forget the "it was a supernatural event stuff, it doesn't hold water cus since such an event has natural results - it doesn't turn out well at all.

God created this world out from nothing, this is not an issue for Him.
LOL and i thought atheists are the ones who think the world came out of nothing..

moreover, we still use the phrase like "sun set" and "sun rose" There is no English (or Hebrew) phras indicating that the earth rotates until the horizon covers the Sun.
if you argue that the earth stopped rotating, it creates an even more problem cus that will mean the earth needs to stop abruptly which literally brings the world to an end...

1 Like

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by johnydon22(m): 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
it's very mind boggling, many people lack the depth of mind it takes to conceive this universe that is why they can comfortably believe such petty tales from archaic herdsmen from the iron age.

imagine a universe of countless galaxies dancing to the tune of gravity, trillions of stars and planets in each of these galaxies with magnanimous distance between them all..

the earth and the sun is basically insignificant in this cosmic setting - the earth is no more than a subatomic particle in terms of universal scale..

then some people actually think that something powerful and big enough to create such ominously huge cosmos, comes to a local galactic cluster, to an average galaxy then inside this galaxy comes to a mediocre sun and a remote little blue world lost in the cosmic ocean..

then comes to this tiny world, goes to the middle east, falls in love with a tiny nomadic tribe more than others, helps them kill each other and every other person..

seriously you all think something big and powerful enough to create this universe can be that petty, childish, mundane and vane?

naaaah the character yahweh ridicules that notion of a universal creator cus with such Character - if there is indeed a God, making it this petty is an insult to it..

these gods are too small for this universe

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by fernandoe83(m): 11:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
umh! am tired of theists and their mode of reasoning

2 Likes

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by randomperson: 3:20am On Feb 09, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

How can I argue God's existence with someone who can't compose a sentence that is readable!

That is gross insult to God and also to my intellect!

Moreover... Arguing about God with you is like arguing if I have a dick after you just saw me Urinating.

I advise you go back and take your drugs! it is almost 11pm!

#PEACE!
Boy, move along...
And no, I won't argue whether u have a di.ck. Apparently, that's what u employ in your thinking processes. grin

3 Likes

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 09, 2017
randomperson:

Boy, move along...
And no, I won't argue whether u have a di.ck. Apparently, that's what u employ in your thinking processes. grin
His nom de guerre is biafranbushboy
What did you expect?

3 Likes

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by BBtouch: 7:56am On Feb 09, 2017
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by BiafranBushBoy: 8:42am On Feb 09, 2017
Lennycool:

His nom de guerre is biafranbushboy
What did you expect?

Yours is lennycool...

How does it make your present state better??

Lol.
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by BiafranBushBoy: 8:45am On Feb 09, 2017
randomperson:

Boy, move along...

I guess I made your Boring thread lively. Lol

Enjoy the rest of it without me...

#peace!
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by randomperson: 10:25am On Feb 09, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I guess I made your Boring thread lively. Lol

Enjoy the rest of it without me...

#peace!
Peace to u too... And I really hope u figure out how to think with your brain rather than your manhood...
Not just for your benefit but for also for the benefit of people with the misfortune of conversing with you wink

1 Like

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by OtemAtum: 2:32am On Jun 18, 2017
randomperson:

I wonder o. I read thru your post spotting no blunder. Perhaps he saw the blunders in the bible quotations above it.

1 Like

Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by FellepHq(m): 6:12am On Jun 18, 2017
I thought you were even gonna talk about how halting earth's rotation will bring about instant apocalypse. From physics point of view, that feat is impossible.
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by Omoluabi16(m): 6:22am On Jun 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

This guy! why are you so evil? Lmao.
Re: So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! by AntiNormal(m): 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Yours is lennycool...
How does it make your present state better??
Lol.

Oh boy... Shots fired!

(1) (Reply)

Woman Rips Off Bible Part Asking Wives To Be Submissive, Use It To Smoke Weed / Little Nigerian Girl Sees Vision Of Jesus Christ, Reveals His Shocking Message / Full Prayer Points Of MFM ‘power Must Change Hands’ March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.