Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Buhari Said To Me "I Want A Vp That Can Rule Nigeria If I Die"---tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Said To Me "I Want A Vp That Can Rule Nigeria If I Die"---tunde Bakare (489 Views)

The Only Way Atiku Would Make Headway Is To Choose A VP From SW/SS / Buhari Not Oldest President In Africa, He Can Rule Beyond 2019 – Adnan Na-Habu / Bakare: Buhari Told Me He Wants A VP Who Can Hold The Nation Together If He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Said To Me "I Want A Vp That Can Rule Nigeria If I Die"---tunde Bakare by Kingsirko(f): 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
culled from http://www.airinformations.com/2017/02/buhari-said-to-me-i-want-vp-that-can.html

Tunde Bakare, serving overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, has revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari chose him as running mate in 2011, because he wanted a vice-president who can hold the nation together if he dies in power.

Both men contested the election under the platform of the then Congress for Progressives Change (CPC), but lost to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Addressing his congregants in Ogba, Lagos, last month, Bakare said Buhari rejected former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s choice of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, former minister of finance.

He said all what transpired during that period had been documented in the book: ‘Strategic Intervention in Governance’, which he authored.

“After I was called and I went to Abuja, and I sat with Mr President or General Buhari then, I said why me? ‘I’m not a politician’, ‘I do not belong to any political party’, ‘I am not carrying card of any party, why me’?” he asked.
“He gave me all the reasons, they are written in the book; Strategic Intervention in Governance. He gave three reasons, but the one that made everyone around me that day to dove their hats was when he said: I am not as young as you think, and even Yar’Adua that is younger is dead.
“In case I die, I know you can hold the nation together. That was when Jim (he didn’t give his surname) removed his cap and said egbon, you must agree.”

Bakare said on another day, he sat with Buhari and said,

“Sir, I need to understand something before I......

Continue reading @ http://www.airinformations.com/2017/02/buhari-said-to-me-i-want-vp-that-can.html

Re: Buhari Said To Me "I Want A Vp That Can Rule Nigeria If I Die"---tunde Bakare by Airforce1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
You won't die now
Kindly finish what you've started Mr President.

(1) (Reply)

2019: A Facebook User Posted This Riddle / Just In PDP Crisis: Makarfi Group Heads To Supreme Court, Says Appeal Court Rul / Buhari Undergoes P*nis Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.