Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince (849 Views)

Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / The Divine Pattern Of Wealth Transfer In The Last Days - Joseph Prince Sermon / Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:20am On Feb 09, 2017
Ephesians 6:16
above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

I believe that when you pray in the Spirit, that is, in tongues, a shield goes up all around you—a watery shield. But why do I call it a “watery” shield? Let me share with you what the Lord showed me.

Once, I was meditating on Ephesians 6:16—“above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one”. At first, I thought of a Roman soldier’s wooden shield. But three words kept repeating themselves in my mind: “quench” and “fiery darts”. Then, the Lord said, “Son, if it is a wooden shield, the fiery darts will burn it up.” He showed me a watery shield instead, one which was able to quench the fiery darts.

You may ask, “Where did the water come from?”

Remember that Jesus said, “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” (John 7:38) The next verse says, “But this He spoke concerning the Spirit...” (John 7:39)

Jesus was speaking about the Holy Spirit, which He likened to rivers of living water flowing out of us. So when we pray in the Spirit, rivers of living water will flow, quenching the devil’s fiery darts thrown at us!

This happened one day when I was having supper with a church member. Now, I don’t often pray in tongues when I say grace over my food. But that night, I felt prompted by the Spirit to do so. So I prayed in tongues as I laid my hands on my packet of nasi lemak (coconut-flavored rice).

Soon, we were tucking into our food and talking when suddenly, I bit on something hard. I spat it out quickly and realized that it was a nail! Then, I realized that this was the reason the Lord wanted me to pray in tongues. Though the devil was trying to “nail” me, he failed!

My friend, put up the watery shield that God has given you. Pray in the Spirit and quench the enemy’s fiery darts!

Thought For The Day

Pray in the Spirit and quench the enemy’s fiery darts!

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/quench-the-enemys-fiery-darts/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:25am On Feb 10, 2017
morning
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
jiggaz:
morning
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
afternoon
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:14am On Feb 18, 2017
morning...
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2018
Good
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
Evening
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
King Jesus
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Evening
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:34am On Dec 30, 2018
Great
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
Evening
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
Evening now
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:23am On Feb 08, 2019
Yeah
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2019
Good
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2019
Cool
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:00am On Feb 12, 2019
Good
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2019
Ok
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:15am On Feb 13, 2019
Now
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:50am On Feb 14, 2019
Yrs
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:12pm On May 07, 2020
Goood
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
jiggaz:
Goood
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:15am On Oct 09, 2020
Morning
Re: Quench The Enemy's Fiery Darts - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
Yes

(1) (Reply)

Questions No Christian Can Answer / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/03/17 / My Experience In Maharajji's Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.