Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos (78975 Views)

Check Out The New Bus Governor Ambode Will Use To Replace Danfo Buses In Lagos S / Photos: Lagos Govt Unveils New Buses That Will Replace (danfo) / LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Mysterious33(m): 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
Authoreety:
Hope they will also import d mechanics nd spareparts?

Besides how many danfo owners can afford ds?

Govt always indirectly creating problem for d masses!

Heard of hire-purchase? . They don't have to buy it outrightly
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by kabawa(m): 12:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
Nairadays:
Chinco product, chinco financed and funded probably. Not bad anyway. cheesy

If a holistic approach can be used for it to be leased to those drivers, then it's the best way to go. This move will reduce the amount of soot and pollution on lagos roads by as much as 43%.

This one na somtochi na look am well grin
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 12:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
As usual, maintenance culture would kill this idea.........
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by princetom1(m): 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2017
soberdrunk:
The major problem will be "maintenance" angry

God bless ur thinking.

I am willing to work for brt for free, just to head that maintenance department for a few weeks, I mean absolutely free, no benefit whatsoever will be collected.
As far as am concerned, maintenance culture is still zero. I see brt buses on the road, and i wonder what is d meaning of maintenance.
Only the new ones looks OK,
The old one look all bashed, torn, missing lights and so on, damn, wat happened to all the noises made about cool buses and maintenance.
I have come to identified one major problem in Nigeria : Those people at the top, don't know shit wat happens in d street
You wonder sometimes why someone with all the qualification in dis world still end up not doing well most time? Yea, its bcoz he reads too much, he need to read a different book, which is different from wat he or she reads, its d street book. Damn, am not talking abt some fuvk up survey by a man in suit and tie,
I will do better Dan u , Mr/ Mrs ajebo , bcoz i feel d street
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Gsentme(m): 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2017
Then what happens to the owners of the yellow damfos? What am expecting to hear is #bring ur yellow damfo and take the new bus# Nigeria which way...?

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by seguno2: 12:21pm On Feb 09, 2017
soberdrunk:
The major problem will be "maintenance" angry

All of us are terrible on that score.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by princetom1(m): 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
Lexusgs430:
As usual, maintenance culture would kill this idea.........

Confirmed, have u noticed the fist set of brt buses lately ?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by ifecobaba(m): 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
That's a welcomed development but the problem will be maintenance
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Authoreety: 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
Mysterious33:

Heard of hire-purchase? . They don't have to buy it outrightly

My friend,forget dat tin..........

Govt shld collect d danfo nd giv dem d bus.......

After all a governor has more than 6cars in his convoy wch obviously wasn't bought by d govnr or any other govt personell.......

Let us also feel d govt money vibe na

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by perfecti(f): 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2017
why don't the state governor contract the manufacturing of these buses to innoson, in order to create employment for the unemployed youths in the country. after all , they will be importing a lot of these buses into the country.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by seguno2: 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2017
princetom1:
God bless ur thinking.

I am willing to work for brt for free, just to head that maintenance department for a few weeks, I mean absolutely free, no benefit whatsoever will be collected.
As far as am concerned, maintenance culture is still zero. I see brt buses on the road, and i wonder what is d meaning of maintenance.
Only the new ones looks OK,
The old one look all bashed, torn, missing lights and so on, damn, wat happened to all the noises made about cool buses and maintenance.
I have come to identified one major problem in Nigeria : Those people at the top, don't know shit wat happens in d street

You wonder sometimes why someone with all the qualification in dis world still end up not doing well most time? Yea, its bcoz he reads too much, he need to read a different book, which is different from wat he or she reads, its d street book. Damn, am not talking abt some fuvk up survey by a man in suit and tie,
I will do better Dan u , Mr/ Mrs ajebo , bcoz i feel d street

I hope that you paint your house regularly and fix other things in the house promptly.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by adecz: 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
Another scheme to waste scarce foreign exchange by going abroad to buy thousands of such buses. I will support if the buses are to at least be assembled in Nigeria, we must not continue boosting economies of other countries to the detriment of our own... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by walcuts(m): 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
It a welcome development 4rm d state govt....Actually stumbled on dis on FB sometime last year!
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by theway83: 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
Lagos is now a mega city,Ite siwaju Eko lawa nfe.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by snapshot: 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2017
Lagos state don start again,na so una take sell okada helment,then almost eradicate okada after una don collect money.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Frydae: 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2017
PRAISE GOD.......NO MORE YELLOW MADNESS......
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Stevengerd(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
If it's not danfo it can never be danfo grin grin

I pray it works shaa thou I suspect it is someone's idea just to import the buses..
Is It Not Our Lagos, This One No Fit Work. Jes The Watch Ooo, Make The Bus Enta Lagos If Agbero No Go Scatter Am.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by princetom1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2017
Ok, kwantinue..
Me, am gonna be here to see how this half bake idea unfolds.

From a long time ago, area boys could had been eradicated (fadhola time), i pity danfo drivers, no sensible person does,
U have to be crazy and mad like all those area bpys in order to cope. Everyday, dey will remove ur fenders bcoz of 50 naira load money, they will tear ur clothe, seize ur seat or tyres, anything dey can lay hands on and if dat isnt working, ur life is on d line.

Are we about to have a major security crises in lagos? ( those people in government are dumb and will bring conditions dat ordinary agbero and drivers can't meet)

What will happen to all the road side mechanics?
Chei, some people about to go hungry.

What about those baba isale that have plenty buses? Wats gonna be their gain? (Trust me, this ones make more trouble silently)
Ah, now to d masses, if its not gonna be same price, or cheaper, convenient and available, pls save us d headache.
Now to my head: This thing looks fragile, can it go through all those ajegunle, isolo, iyana ipaja, ijora, okoko, alaba, etc, if we are overhauling the buses in Lagos, then, let the engineers come out and design buses for Lagos state, we already knows wat d features should be.
Before i forget, same type of bus doesn't suit all location, in some area, u need a transport means to carry just 3/4/5 people at once bcoz of few people living in those area, it might even be an estate. U need all sort of buses, be it 42 seating, 14 seating, 10, 8/7 or even 4/5

cc: airomon, GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, lexusgs430, EgunMogaji, MacMilla, pafestula,

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by princetom1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
seguno2:

I hope that you paint your house regularly and fix other things in the house promptly.

Yearly painting, not always home but does all d electrical fixing myself whenever am home. I just love it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by saabee: 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
I really don't believe it.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by keyanZuzer: 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
Tbillz:
Naija Governors and sense,they are not related at all. Rufia brought urban mass transit to Abuja, few months later hundreds of those buses are dead in the office today. How am i sure U are not buying those buses just to syphon money and inflate prices because am sure they cannever be as strong those on the street!
2ndly what job have u created for those touteds that only feed family from that touty job!

OMG they all look sensible during election? cry
Idiot Kogi Gov am coming for U too o
BRT has been since the time of Tinubu and it is still here
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by dadexcel: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Smoke2015:
The Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, on Monday said there were plans to remove yellow buses, popularly known as danfo, from Lagos roads.

He explained that danfo would give way to a more efficient, well-structured and world-class mass transport system that would facilitate ease of movement within the city.

Now MDB has gotten a glimpse of what the new buses will look like, See one below:

I get the whole facelift thing but I'm not sure this bus has the kind of Stamina Danfo buses have. What do you think?

http://mojidelano.com/2017/02/see-the-bus-that-governor-ambode-will-replace-danfo-with-in-lagos/

via Urbanlife
........ Much as I have no qualms with the idea. I have reservations with its execution and sustainance, and most importantly, I have issues with the face that we are still not patronizing our local car manufacturers. This vehicle brand from what I can see is foreign, that means its going to still lend to importation and all the forex issues that goes with it. This government keep Telling us to think and buy nigerian, but all their action speaks exactly the opposite. The government budgets billions for health care every year yet politicians and their cronies spend billions in foreign exchange on medical tourism. Just imagine the benefit and employment creation the sourcing of these vehicle s locally will give Lagos state and nigeria at large...... It is indeed well with nigeria. .
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Tbillz(m): 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
keyanZuzer:

BRT has been since the time of Tinubu and it is still here
Ambode is not tinubu!
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Timothyoj(m): 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
Authoreety:
Hope they will also import d mechanics nd spareparts?

Besides how many danfo owners can afford ds?

Govt always indirectly creating problem for d masses!

You are very right brother....!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by keyanZuzer: 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
Tbillz:
Ambode is not tinubu!
Abode brought in new BRT; the blue ones and they are maintained even better than the red Mass Transit buses
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Tbillz(m): 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2017
keyanZuzer:
Abode brought in new BRT; the blue ones and they are maintained even better than the red Mass Transit buses
How about job creation for the people he will render jobless
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by LoveJesus87(m): 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2017
D ugliness is striking
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 12:59pm On Feb 09, 2017
princetom1:
Ok, kwantinue..
Me, am gonna be here to see how this half bake idea unfolds.

From a long time ago, area boys could had been eradicated (fadhola time), i pity danfo drivers, no sensible person does,
U have to be crazy and mad like all those area bpys in order to cope. Everyday, dey will remove ur fenders bcoz of 50 naira load money, they will tear ur clothe, seize ur seat or tyres, anything dey can lay hands on and if dat isnt working, ur life is on d line.

Are we about to have a major security crises in lagos? ( those people in government are dumb and will bring conditions dat ordinary agbero and drivers can't meet)

What will happen to all the road side mechanics?
Chei, some people about to go hungry.

What about those baba isale that have plenty buses? Wats gonna be their gain? (Trust me, this ones make more trouble silently)
Ah, now to d masses, if its not gonna be same price, or cheaper, convenient and available, pls save us d headache.
Now to my head: This thing looks fragile, can it go through all those ajegunle, isolo, iyana ipaja, ijora, okoko, alaba, etc, if we are overhauling the buses in Lagos, then, let the engineers come out and design buses for Lagos state, we already knows wat d features should be.
Before i forget, same type of bus doesn't suit all location, in some area, u need a transport means to carry just 3/4/5 people at once bcoz of few people living in those area, it might even be an estate. U need all sort of buses, be it 42 seating, 14 seating, 10, 8/7 or even 4/5

cc: airomon, GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, lexusgs430, EgunMogaji, MacMilla, pafestula,

I have always advocated for the eradication of danfo's, but a lot of thinking and logistics would have to be considered and implemented. ........ .. ..
Danfo's are simply a menace to society. I hope the drivers and conductors can be absorbed into the new regime (or else unemployment go plenty)... . .. .
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Larrykaysail(m): 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
Chikelue2000:
it is purely a" Nigeria" problem
Nigerians and I don't care attitude since 1960, this is may not last,
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Jagabanmonerry(m): 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
swtman:
Suffer go double oooo
Serious oo bro.... unless those bus drivers is engage.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos by Larrykaysail(m): 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
Once chance era will be over soon,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igor Moroz Destroys His Mercedes-AMG G63 SUV By Dropping It From Helicopter / The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla / Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.