Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today (9921 Views)

Unoaku Anyadike's Son 6th Birthday Is Today (Photo) / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde's Outfit To AMAA 2015 In South Africa (photo) / Genevieve Nnaji or Omotola Jalade: Who Is More Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by AloyEmeka6: 6:22am On Dec 05, 2009
[size=14pt]
Actress OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE interview:''I am a fulfilled woman''
[/size]

Omotola a.k.a Omosexy is one person who is a go-getter.shes a fulfilled actress,musician, mother of four lovely children and wife to a man she fondly calls'honeyboy'.

You can also add comedian to her titles as all she does is laugh and laugh and make some expensive jokes when one talking to her.

Some questions were posed to her and despite her hectic schedule,the diva took out time and told STELLA DIMOKO-KORKUS how she feels about negative publicity, heck,she even added a few thank yous to her fans.

She also recently started 'omotola jalade-ekeinde fan club' worldwide and wants al lher fans to know she loves them all.

Omotola how have you been

, Great! my career has been interesting this year.

Whats have you been up to lately?

, I am in new york right now on my way to dallas,preparing for my musical tour with timaya for sacaids and tuffgig.i was in miami last week for the premiere of my movie'mind games'.before then i was in L.A for the premiere of movie 'ije' .it was an exclusive private screening by warner brothers.i have been very busy but i will defnintely make it home in time for christmas.

Y

ou were recently in free town to create awareness on mortal maternity can you explain and tell us how your campaign went?

, It was brilliant,it came at a time when the people were truly tired of their situation.Amnesty International contacted me from London to headline the campaign on Maternal mortality which is a first for them as they usually deal with more political issues and i am the first African Artiste Amnesty is working with in a campaign of this magnitude.

I feel honoured and priviledged to work for and with people.I will be in London in 2wks for a crucial meeting with Amnesty on the next phase of the campaign.

There is something quietly different about you,did you rebrand?or is it that you are more mature now?

, A little of both i guess.i will say that along the line one picks up better habits and drops some of the not so good ones.

So if you see me as rebranded you could be right,if you see me as more mature you could be also right.one cannot remain the same forever.

You are such a busy mum,how do you find time to spend time with your children?

, We keep sundays as family day and we have mandatory holidays during their long vacation every year, we put off our phones and spend all that 2-3 wks with them ,by the time they get back,trust me they are so choked up with us they dont mind us steping away for a minute.

Do your children watch your movies and give you feedback later?

, They don't watch most of them since i do alot of romantic movies,they get to see the G rated ones and they treat me like any other actor ,and depending on how they feel at the end of the movie i get the first hit or kiss.

Omotola some people do not think that you dress up the way a married woman should especiallywhen you wear those mini skirts and really tight sexy tops,whats your opinion about this?

, (Laughing)hmm,na wah oh!what do they want me to wear?to dress up as a nun?come on,i dress up how i like to look,i wear what i feel comfortable in and my hubby likes the way i dress,so hes the important one,if he doesnt have a problem with that then i am okay with that.i dont dress up to provoke anyone.

I wear what i feel comfortable in.

Does this have anytihng to do with the fact that you married quite early and started making babies quite early and did not have the opportunity to dress up the way you should when you were younger?are you trying to relive your youth by dressing younger?

, no,its not neccesarily that,i got married quite young and right from secondary school,i had always dressed the way a girl my age should dress up.i dont think i should be dressing any older just because i am a wife and mother,i am still a young person and as long as my dressing is not disrespectful and i am well covered then i dont think i have committed any crime here.

Omotola when you say you are still a young person,what age are we looking at here?

, I am 31years old and i dont hide that,i am a fulfilled woman so i dont need to hide my age.

Do you think you have paid your dues as an actress?

, (Laughing)stella,i think i have more than paid my dues.i got into the industry that was full of flaws,there were no rules to work by,nollywood practically had nothing when i began my career,i think i am one of those few people who struggled and toiled hard in my capacity as an actress to put nollywood where it is today.i have paid my dues,i have worked through my own in the industry.

You are one of the Alist actress,are you at a point in your career where you think you have reached the top of your profession or do you see yourself going further?what are your plans?

, I dont think i have reached anywhere at all,for me i am still at the starting point and things can only get better.i am trying to get to a point where generations after generations will have something to learn from me. as for my plans i think it would be better to take one day at a time and let things unfold for themselves.

What do you think about the influx of actors/actresses into nollywood?

, We have done a good job of attracting them.they are Welcome ,they will make it as well indeed but they should never think of disrespecting anyone in the line of duty and they should concentrate on interpreting their roles well.success doesnt always take place overnight but with hardowork it does happen.

Since you became an actress until date,what has been the biggest lie the press ever wrote about you that you have not had an opportunity to correct?

, Well, i have been lucky with the press and so far nothing excrutiating, however there was one reporter from p.m news who wrote that i asked for money from organisers to meet and sit with the producers of the last king of scotland.

The movie you featured in 'ije' was recently screened by warner brothers and there are whispers that you are on the brink of a mouth watering movie deal with some hollywood A-list producers.do you want to tell us about this?

, Yes,i am talking to some big names right now and we have something on the line,i dont just want to go into the details right now but it will unfold as time goes on.

Whats your make up routine?is there some peice of cosmetic and jewelry you cant do without?

, I can live absolutely without makeup.When i am not shooting,i dont wear makeup to the office, however, i like l'oreal volume shocking mascara and my bobbi brown lipgloss in petal. as for jewelry,i am not a gold person,i just love very loud earrings.

Omotola the print media and internet reports have always fingered you as being a snob,but recently i noticed you have warmed up to your fans,espeically on facebook,i see you responding to every comment made by your fans and taking the extra time to let them know you love and appreciate their support.was this a misconception about you or did the reports make you change for the better?

, Thank you very much for this question,this is the best question you have asked me so far.yes its been very hard for me,i beleive the people who made up this story do not really know me for who i am.i have been tagged very cold,unfriendly and all what not but its not true.when the opportunity presents itself some people walk up to me and say ''oh my God i didnt know you are this friendly''and i say to them that i have always been like this.i really look forward to the day when this wrong conception will be totally corrected and people who matter will see me for the person i truly am.

I thank all the fans who come to my facebook wall to write,i thank them for all their comments,i really appreciate it.someone told me that on a site called naijarules my album was voted best album out of nollywood and i just want to use this medium to say thank you to them.any little acknowledgement i get from people who think i am doing something good,i like to say my thank yous.

Sometimes there are negative writeups about your husband mathew,how does it make you feel when they put him out there?

, I feel that is not cool,i feel bad.i feel people should try to respect other peoples privacy.my husband is not a celebrity so i wonder why he is news.there have been insinuations that we have broken up because he doesnt come with me to parties.that shows that he really doesnt want to be out there.the truth of the matter is that sometimes he does come out with me but he doesnt walk in with me,hes a very private person and wants it to stay that way.

People are whispering that your marriage is shaky,is this true?

, Let them whisper all they want,i dont need to keep explaining that its not true.every relationship experiences its ups and downs and thats what makes it unique and blossom.if anyone is wishing for that to happen by whispering it they will have a long time waiting so they better take a seat and sit down.people who spread this kind of lies,i wonder what they stand to gain really.

When they write negative things about you,does it affect your marriage?does your hubby react negatively or are you both at a stage where you just laugh about any thing negative written about you?

, No we do not laugh about it,its not funny at all,oh it doesnt affect my marriage at all,we have been married for 14yrs known each other for 15years,we know each other very well,if you are an outsider and you are writing something,you should know that you are writing about people who already know themselves.it is just very uncomfortable reading such reports when you know that you are a role model to a lot of people.

Also when these writeups are done,we get responses from a lot of people so its not funny at all.i really worry about these reports,its very painful when you work very hard to comport yourself in a good manner and someone just comes from nowhere and uses hearsay to tear this down.

We talk a lot about everything so i guess communication helps us survive the negativity of any writeup.

Do you have any message for you fans?

, Thank you to everyone who has beleived in me over the years,its been hardwork but when someone beleives in your dreams it gives you wings to fly.thank you,i will never let you down.

Words on marbel?

, Live and let live.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11246&z=31
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2009
Now that is correct. Without Omo, we would be discussing very little about Nollywood.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by SeanT21(f): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2009
Where is the "I Put nollowood where it is today" in her response?? She said "I think i am one of those few people who struggled and toiled". The title is misleading. Well, anything to sell more papers.

She looks fantastic in that business woman suit.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by AloyEmeka6: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2009
SeanT21:

Where is the "I Put nollowood where it is today" in her response?? She said "I think i am one of those few people who struggled and toiled". The title is misleading. Well, anything to sell more papers.

She looks fantastic in that business woman suit.
i think i have more than paid my dues.i got into the industry that was full of flaws,there were no rules to work by,nollywood practically had nothing when i began my career,i think i am one of those few people who struggled and toiled hard [b]in my capacity as an actress to put nollywood where it is toda[/b]y.i have paid my dues,i have worked through my own in the industry.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by SeanT21(f): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2009
"i am one of those few people who struggled and toiled hard in my capacity as an actress to put nollywood where it is today." ahh, why r u cutting the sentence short.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by AloyEmeka6: 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2009
Sean 21 is one of those who first registered on nairaland.

Sean 21 is a pioneer member of nairaland.

Are the 2 sentences above not the same?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by mamagee3(f): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2009
Omotola needs to drop that ulter ego of hers
she didn't put Nollywood anywhere
Genevieve did,
so every other poser in Nollywood needs to put their hands where their money is
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2009
Misleading title, there's a difference between what she said and what the title says.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by AloyEmeka6: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2009
ibkaye:

Misleading title, there's a difference between what she said and what the title says.

I can't see it.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2009
mama-gee:

Omotola needs to drop that ulter ego of hers
she didn't put Nollywood anywhere
Genevieve did,
so every other poser in Nollywood needs to put their hands where their money is

Really?? the lady is simply stating the facts. Disabuse your mind of the thinking that Omo is egotistical. She is not. Just a plain simple achiever
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by mamagee3(f): 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2009
naliakar:

Really?? the lady is simply stating the facts. Disabuse your mind of the thinking that Omo is egotistical. She is not. Just a plain simple achiever

Don't misuse words here. angry
Since when did Omotola putting Nollywood where it is become a fact? undecided
Okay I see it she put Nollywood in the state of making
awful movies with crappy storylines and garbage-ish music themes
. angry
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2009
I didn't even read the interview. Omotola is known to be pompous and a talkative. Na she get am pass.

Anyways the title is misleading.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 10:51pm On Dec 05, 2009
michelin89:

I didn't even read the interview.

That says it all
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by SeanT21(f): 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2009
The title did not even say that. Aloy-Emeka, stop lying. and to think i voted 4 u on the politics section. tongue
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2009
naliakar:

That says it all

It doesn't say anything or didn't you read this part?

michelin89:

I didn't even read the interview. Omotola is known to be pompous and a talkative. Na she get am pass.

Anyways the title is misleading.

Nor follow me play that kind play. I have better things to do with my time than discuss with an omotola obsessed.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by mamagee3(f): 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2009
SeanT21:

The title did not even say that. Aloy-Emeka, stop lying. and to think i voted 4 u on the politics section. tongue

Voted for him for what? shocked undecided
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2009
mama-gee:

Don't misuse words here. angry
Since when did Omotola putting Nollywood where it is become a fact? undecided
Okay I see it she put Nollywood in the state of making
awful movies with crappy storylines and garbage-ish music themes
. angry

In other words, without the  the professional  embellishments that Omo's participation  in movies laced  those movie scripts with, they would not have seen the light of day and Nollywoood  would be tottering on the precipice of extinction.

Can't you see, she even gave Nollywood a face. And what a pleasantly radiant and charming  face that has been.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
What contirbution has she given with Beyonce vs Rihanna? Yankee Ladies? And other stupid scripts she has accepted off late?

Fact is actors and actresses are the last people to have contributed to the improvement of the industry. We should be thanking the directors and script writers instead.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2009
michelin89:

It doesn't say anything or didn't you read this part?

Nor follow me play that kind play. I have better things to do with my time than discuss with an omotola obsessed.

That is the mystical allure about any subject about Omo. It attracts even the unwilling. It captivates even those who should be busy elsewhere. It is okay. I am comfortable sharing my views with those willing to one at a time and I agree it should not be a debilitating obsession so best wishes.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2009
no one gave nollywood a face!
Emem Isong did.
forget the actors and actresses first.
without the good storylines of Emem Isong and her production team, nollywood would be nowhere.
and then it trickles down to the actors next or maybe even last.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by oyinda3(f): 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2009
her actions already speak for her. she didn't need to say that. it just makes her look bad. undecided
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 05, 2009
SeanT21:

[size=48pt]Where is the "I Put nollowood where it is today" in her response?? She said "I think i am one of those few people who struggled and toiled". The title is misleading. Well, anything to sell more papers.

She looks fantastic in that business woman suit.[/size]

Thank you.

Aloy. Emeka loves what he does. Mislead people into thinking the worst about these actresses . Yes, I said it, plain obvious undecided
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 12:01am On Dec 06, 2009
FL Gators:

Thank you.

Aloy. Emeka loves what he does. Mislead people into thinking the worst about these actresses . Yes, I said it, plain obvious undecided

You are being unfair to Aloy Emeka.
Look
It is true she said "she is one of the, " who put Nollywood where it is today. She acknowledged her singular contribution within the collective group contribution to Nollywood's growth. What Aloy Emeka has done is take a perspective of Omo's singular contribution and is speaking from that standpoint. Reflecting the title thus, is accurate even with Omo's quote as referent. the blame should not be on the title but on Aloy's embeddedness with Omotola's recognition of own singular effort within others.

I love it when Omo's utterances become enigmatic even to schooled Nairalanders. Oh , this great actor!! na too much ooo.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 06, 2009
My friend, what standpoint?

The headline is misleading. And its obvious that the yeye tribalist here would come running their mouth like runoff gutter.

If the writer thought that the headline is not going to be controversial in any way, he/she would have used it to sell his/her story.

What makes you pick up a book from a shelf? The title or the story itself?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:09am On Dec 06, 2009
there is no use arguing with this omotola ass-wiper
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 12:49am On Dec 06, 2009
FL Gators:

My friend, what standpoint?

The headline is misleading. And its obvious that the yeye tribalist here would come running their mouth like runoff gutter.

If the writer thought that the headline is not going to be controversial in any way, he/she would have used it to sell his/her story.

What makes you pick up a book from a shelf? The title or the story itself?

I have explained in what way the title stands. In what do you find it misleading given my predicate. Look at it this way; the title begins with
Omotola Jalade followed by a punctuation mark, a colon. This anticipates an explanation. Aloy chooses to offer that explanation with a paraphrasing of Omo's utterance. The clause " I put Nollywood where it is today" is that paraphrase tempered wth sensitivity to the demands of precis. I think you could begrudge Aloy Emeka for embedding his perspective in the title with the singular contribution to Nollywood by Omotola rather than those of the collective. here again his discretionary disposition is that the thread should focus on on contributions to Nollywood as would singularly implicate OMO, not at the expense of the other actors but in spite of their equally noteworthy contribution-which she in her selfless nature acknowledges.

This argument should make sense if you consider that "actors" is the sum total of individual actors. All the poster has done is to foreground the individual actor without foreclosing the credit to the rest of them. No quibbling will take away from the accuracy of the title to the utterance Omotola made abe. And sure, she put nollywood where it is.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by semid4lyfe(m): 2:03am On Dec 06, 2009
A fly that feeds on Genny's sh!t calls another person an Omotola ass-wiper? Kai! Laugh wan kill me die. Shioor!
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:04am On Dec 06, 2009
semid4lyfe:

A fly that feeds on Genny's sh!t calls another person an Omotola ass-wiper? Kai! Laugh wan kill me die. Shioor!
oh shut up.
im a fan of genny but i dont believe she put nollywood where it is today either, even though she is one of the best they have, along with omo.
lets pay credit where its due and give it to the producers and writers of good scripts (like Emem Isong for example)
i may be a genny fan but im not an ass kisser like this guy here.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by semid4lyfe(m): 2:35am On Dec 06, 2009
You can't resist screaming can you? Bloody shrew! I don't blame you - your problem is hereditary. Moronic slowpoke!
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by semid4lyfe(m): 2:36am On Dec 06, 2009
? ? ?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:39am On Dec 06, 2009
who is screaming? i am simply replying to you.
do you see any " !!" eh??
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 06, 2009
naliakar:

I have explained in what way the title stands. In what do you find it misleading given my predicate. Look at it this way; the title begins with
Omotola Jalade followed by a punctuation mark, a colon. This anticipates an explanation. Aloy chooses to offer that explanation with a paraphrasing of Omo's utterance. The clause " I put Nollywood where it is today" is that paraphrase tempered wth sensitivity to the demands of precis. I think you could begrudge Aloy Emeka for embedding his perspective in the title with the singular contribution to Nollywood by Omotola rather than those of the collective. here again his discretionary disposition is that the thread should focus on on contributions to Nollywood as would singularly implicate OMO, not at the expense of the other actors but in spite of their equally noteworthy contribution-which she in her selfless nature acknowledges.

This argument should make sense if you consider that "actors" is the sum total of individual actors. All the poster has done is to foreground the individual actor without foreclosing the credit to the rest of them. No quibbling will take away from the accuracy of the title to the utterance Omotola made abe. And sure, she put nollywood where it is.

All that grammar was not necessary, lawwd,

Question is, did she say she "put" nollywood to were it is today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido Praises 2nd Baby Mama, Amanda On Instagram / Throwback Photos Of Kunle Remi Kissing Adesua Etomi [PICS] / Mr And Mrs Baddo.. Check Out Olamide And His Boo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.