Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today (9922 Views)

Unoaku Anyadike's Son 6th Birthday Is Today (Photo) / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde's Outfit To AMAA 2015 In South Africa (photo) / Genevieve Nnaji or Omotola Jalade: Who Is More Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 5:51am On Dec 07, 2009
FL Gators:

you're right am not getting your drift.
Ever watched BLOOD SISTERS?

Yes. And I liked it. Initially Genny eclipsed her in the earlier stages with her nosy reporting antics. But Omo eclipsed her  as a ghost. Frankly, this one of the movies I truly appreciate. Tony Umez was okay though and played a perfect foil to Genny's machinations.

I also liked  her role in this other movie where  as Zack Orji's wife she mistreats her younger sister (played by Rita Dominic) whom she coaxed into being her co-wife ostensibly to bring forth a son.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 07, 2009
iF WE HAVE MORE CREATIVE MOVIES LIKE THAT, Nollywod would be better.

Enough with the shitty movies.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:55am On Dec 07, 2009
lol, as a ghost.  tongue
FL Gators:

iF WE HAVE MORE CREATIVE MOVIES LIKE THAT, Nollywod would be better.

Enough with the shitty movies.
and shitty movie covers.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by AloyEmeka6: 7:10am On Dec 07, 2009
Omotola's problem is illiteracy. Her mouth is so wide that I am not exactly sure if she understands some of the things she says very well. Its either she bought a $1000 gown or her husband bought her a N10M SUV. Now its that she put Nollywood where it is today.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 07, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Omotola's problem is illiteracy. Her mouth is so wide that I am not exactly sure if she understands some of the things she says very well. Its either she bought a $1000 gown or her husband bought her a N10M SUV. Now its that  she put Nollywood where it is today.
Talk about irony
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 07, 2009
This is on first page? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by dolu2007(m): 11:24am On Dec 07, 2009
her 2007 power look pix?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by 8words(m): 11:46am On Dec 07, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i just realized something.
VAN, AND NADIA ARE KILLING NOLLYWOOD!!
they both suck asss as actors and they are in a lot of nollywood movies.
LET THEM GO BACK TO GHANA WITH THEIR RUBBISH ACTING!!
NONSENSE  angry
all for the sake of looks. HM!

yes i support u. i don't watch nollywood movie again due to this two Ghanaians. i can't waist my time again in nonsense. it is before i use to buy movie every weekend. but now they have lost me as nollywood fan.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by smakcad(m): 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
lets not take this personnaly. let just judge her by her films.not her person. she is very good person.we really have not met her b4 i guess.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by smakcad(m): 12:58pm On Dec 07, 2009
or beter still, any one with a differing opinion
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by bisiaet: 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
nonsense!!!
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by PupetMasta(m): 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2009
As for me I have a lot of issues wiv Nollywood, thats y I only watch 5 movies per year but dem still try sha. Omotola should pls reduce the no of crappy movies she shoots in a year. I have not seen Beyonce vs Rihanna and Yanky girls but those titles have already fallen my hand. Genny is not bad at all, I think she and Omotola try for beauty, so I will watch their movies if I dont c anything else to watch on TV.

As for the original post, I think she is one of those (not limited to Jenny, Liz, Steph, Jacob etc)that put nollywood where it is today, they made it attractive for these new sets of actors and actresses (although many are there becos they are jobless). As for me, I dont watch a nollywood movie if I dont c either Omotola or Genny. As for the producers and directors, I dont know any of them because a good %age of them them dont have an idea of wat they are doing. If I should watch Nollywood movies because of producers and directors, I would have have only watched about 10 of them. Dont get me wrong I am interested in the producers and directors, in Hollywood, I look at directors and producers first b4 actors but Nollywood film crew no de try at all.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
smakcad:

lets not take this personnaly. let just judge her by her films.not her person. she is very good person.we really have not met her b4 i guess.

Thank you for bringing sanity into the thread once again. Omo has contributed to making Nollywood be where it is today and she is simply great as a lady, woman, person, actor, leader, role model. She is queenly and her portrait is inalienably Nollywood's best.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by illusion2: 6:58am On Dec 08, 2009
This title says it all grin grin grin grin
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by vislabraye(m): 11:02am On Dec 08, 2009
I have read her comments very well,

"
, (Laughing)stella,i think i have more than paid my dues.i got into the industry that was full of flaws,there were no rules to work by,nollywood practically had nothing when i began my career,i think i am one of those few people who struggled and toiled hard in my capacity as an actress to put nollywood where it is today.i have paid my dues,i have worked through my own in the industry.

She's one of the pioneering actresses, But for her to say she's one of the few acts to put nollywood where it is, i have to wonder. what fantastic thing did she do? Was she a script writer, a director, a producer, a marketer or financier ? These are the people who have done much work to put Nollywood where it is
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by KennyG6(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2009
story story, this is the kind of drivel u hear from people who are verging on becoming a "Has Been"!. That the woman helped put Nollywood on the map is a feat but she shouldnt sit on that laurel and watch all the newbies pass her by. By her own reckoning she ought to be a producer/director by now not still running after N500,00 per film or how much dem dey pay her sef,
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
The buzz in Hollywood after the shooting of IJE is that everyone (producers and directors) is asking in whispers, "who is that actor? referring to OMO. Give it a little more time you will hear great things with this lady in Hollywood.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by SeanT21(f): 12:20am On Dec 09, 2009
Oh Okay.. cheesy
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by spikedcylinder: 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2009
I just cleaned out 13 pages of crap. Please, henceforth, STICK TO THE TOPIC.
If you want to bicker, take it off NL! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by semid4lyfe(m): 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2009
Duh! Bunch of jobless diasporan's that have nothing to do except bicker & fight on Nairaland over a man.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2009
what's going on here?

In any case, if 13 pages shocked were "cleaned up", shouldnt rhymz's last post be deleted as well.

the fellow is such an irritant- running around like a housefly all over the forum.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by semid4lyfe(m): 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2009
Na wetin Walakolobo dey talk be this. Many diasporans are overfed and jobless. If not, persons wey dey work & write exams no go get time to dey fight online.

Bunch of sorry losers!
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by stede(m): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2009
CHINEKELE OOOOOO, WHO IS OMOTOLA JALADE
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by spikedcylinder: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2009
tpia.:

what's going on here?

In any case, if 13 pages shocked were "cleaned up", shouldnt rhymz's last post be deleted as well.

That post was marked by the BOT and couldn't be deleted by me. It wasn't even visible to regular users before.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Sauron1: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2009
Una too jobless for this section.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by nali: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2009
yes it is true
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by SisiKill1: 11:55am On Dec 12, 2009
Aloy, have you worked with the national enquirer before?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2009
Lol. This thread is full of Omotola-obsessed fans and Omotola-hating personalities. It therefore explains why objectivity has been thrown out the window, and in its place, obsessive child-like tantrums from her fanatics and jealous spiteful insinuations from those who dislike her.

@ topic - misleading to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2009
Naliakar is back.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2009
Naliakar is back from Ingo. How was the village "obhushuma"?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2009
Good Girl:

Naliakar is back from Ingo. How was the village "obhushuma"?

They served me Ingokho without the Imondo. I do not know where they threw it or someone ate it first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Kunle Remi Kissing Adesua Etomi [PICS] / Mr And Mrs Baddo.. Check Out Olamide And His Boo / Nollywood Actor Arrested For Raping A Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.