Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? (12832 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? / In What Year Was Jesus Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men . . . That no flesh should glory in His presence. -- 1 Cor. 1:25, 29

In a world where the rich get richer and the poor get stomped on, we are informed that God has gone to the other end of the line with the message of everlasting life.  How has He done that you may ask.  He has done that by simply choosing that which is weak, base and despised.  You can see this by the kind of questions and conclusions these skeptics made on this thread.  Do they believe that Jesus' nativity historical account actually happened?  Of course they don't believe.  To say that they believed the greatest story ever told would mean that they would have to surrender their intellectual dignity.  Who in their right minds will ever do that?  The answer is simply that God has chosen foolish, base, weak and despised things of the world to confound those who think they are wise.

The problem is that you do not even agree with the bible you are trying to explain. . . .What is this nonsense about the god of the bible using the weak? According to the bible solomon was the wisest man on earth, Samson was the strongest man alive, Job was the richest man alive, so what really are you saying? Where is your evidence to show that the nativity story is a historical account? The two version of the stoty in the book of matthew and luke say it is nothing but a myth. . . .When was Jesus really born? Matthew's account places the birth during the reign of Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC, but Luke dates it to the census of Quirinius ten years after Herod's death. So who are people supposed to believe?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2009
@
Jesus was born in the minds of all brain washed christians! cry
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2009
mazaje:

The problem is that you do not even agree with the bible you are trying to explain. . . .What is this nonsense about the god of the bible using the weak? According to the bible solomon was the wisest man on earth, Samson was the strongest man alive, Job was the richest man alive, so what really are you saying? Where is your evidence to show that the nativity story is a historical account? The two version of the stoty in the book of matthew and luke say it is nothing but a myth. . . .When was Jesus really born? Matthew's account places the birth during the reign of Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC, but Luke dates it to the census of Quirinius ten years after Herod's death. So who are people supposed to believe?

Since you don't believe in the existence of God why are you interested in knowing how old Jesus was when the wise men paid Him a visit? If you know it will you then believe Him as your personal Lord and Saviour? I've got some cock and bull stories for you to amuse yourself with.

Look at the pain this old woman took the nurse through who asked for her age.

Nurse: "How old are you, Mrs Kogbona?"

Patient: "None of your business!"

Nurse: "But the doctor must know your age for his records."

Patient: "Well, first, multiply twenty by two, then add ten.  Got that?"

Nurse: "Yes.  Fifty."

Patient: "All right, now subtract fifty, and tell me, what do you get?"

Nurse: "Zero."

Patient: "Right.  And that's exactly the chance of me telling you my age."  tongue
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
Yisraylite:

@
Jesus was born in the minds of all brain washed christians! cry

It was an evangelist that said "The hinge of history is to be found on the door of a Bethlehem stable."
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Since you don't believe in the existence of God why are you interested in knowing how old Jesus was when the wise men paid Him a visit?

I am interested because I find it amusing that so many people do not even know that the nativity stories found in the book of matthew and luke cancel each other out completely. . .
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2009
It was an evangelist that said "The hinge of history is to be found on the door of a Bethlehem stable."

And this false reality in which this fake evangelist was steeped in when he made this baseless comment is supposed to mean something to the rest of us who have brains and can research History?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2009
mazaje:

I am interested because I find it amusing that so many people do not even know that the nativity stories found in the book of matthew and luke cancel each other out completely. . .

Why should I be interested in teaching you the greatest story ever told? I have learnt that I should never attempt to teach a pig to sing because apart from wasting my time it will annoy the pig.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Why should I be interested in teaching you the greatest story ever told? I have learnt that I should never attempt to teach a pig to sing because apart from wasting my time it will annoy the pig.

If you want to teach a pig how to sing take it to a music school not a mechanic work shop. . . .
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2009
mazaje:

If you want to teach a pig how to sing take it to a music school not a mechanic work shop. . . .

Even if you take a pig to the best music school you will still end up wasting your time and annoying the pig. It is not in the pig's best interest to sing.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2009
Hmmm, mazaje seems persistent to know here. Your persistence might yet reap an answer.(If you believe)
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Even if you take a pig to the best music school you will still end up wasting your time and annoying the pig. It is not in the pig's best interest to sing.

Try taking the pig to a music school and see if it will not learn how to sing. . .you took a pig to a mechanic work shop to learn music and yet you are complaining? I laugh in greek. . .
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
mazaje:

Try taking the pig to a music school and see if it will not learn how to sing. . .you took a pig to a mechanic work shop to learn music and yet you are complaining? I laugh in greek. . .

Are you sure you really want to hear a pig sing?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2009
Yisraylite:

And this false reality in which this fake evangelist was steeped in when he made this baseless comment is supposed to mean something to the rest of us who have brains and can research History?

So you have the brains to research history?  Can you investigate why animal sacrifice for atonement in Israel stopped since 70 A.D?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Are you sure you really want to hear a pig sing?

If birds can sing why can't pigs? Take a pig to a music school teach it how to sing, who knowns it just might learn, but don't expect a pig to learn anything about music by taking it to a mechanic work shop. . . .
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
mazaje:

If birds can sing why can't pigs? Take a pig to a music school teach it how to sing, who knowns it just might learn, but don't expect a pig to learn anything about music by taking it to a mechanic work shop. . . .

Pigs are not birds.  Birds are born to sing.  Don't tell me that you believed those fables that say pigs can fly. undecided
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Pigs are not birds.  Birds are born to sing.  Don't tell me that you believed those fables that say pigs can fly. undecided

Where in the nativity story was it written that the Magi visited jesus when he was 2 years old?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2009
mazaje:

Where in the nativity story was it written that the Magi visited jesus when he was 2 years old?

Don't distract me from learning how to teach a pig to sing.  And when you succeed in teaching the pig to sing make sure it goes to those long hard rehearsals and if due to African time it turns up 20 minutes late for the Christmas carols tell it to enter pretending to be a sound technician checking cables and then suddenly slip into the back row of the choir. wink
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

So you have the brains to research history? Can you investigate why animal sacrifice for atonement in Israel stopped since 70 A.D?

Don't need to research to answer this! Jerusalem was burned and sacked by the invading Roman army in 70AD, it's priests and levites were either killed or fled. Hence the stopage of the sacrificial system as prophesied by Danyl over 600 years earlier. This had absolutely nothing to do with a fake Jesus dying for everyone in the world. HUMAN SACFRICE IS FORBIDDEN BY THE CREATOR!!!!! grin
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
Yisraylite:

@OLAADEGBU
Don't need to research to answer this! Jerusalem was burned and sacked by the invading Roman army in 70AD, it's priests and levites were either killed or fled. Hence the stopage of the sacrificial system as prophesied by Danyl over 600 years earlier. This had absolutely nothing to do with a fake Jesus dying for everyone in the world. HUMAN SACFRICE IS FORBIDDEN BY THE CREATOR!!!!! grin

Apart from Jesus predicting the destruction of the temple, does that alone stop the priesthood from reconstituting and regrouping since 70 A.D.? What is stopping them now? You still need to sniff the ground to find out, no?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2009
@ : OLAADEGBU

Apart from Jesus predicting the destruction of the temple, does that alone stop the priesthood from reconstituting and regrouping since 70 A.D.?  What is stopping them now? You still need to sniff the ground to find out, no?

B4 your Jesus argueably predicted this The Prophet Daniyl had already predicted this 600 years earlier,  and it is claimed that your Jesus studied the LAW & the Prophets so  maybe he was just quoting, copying or plagiarizing the Prophet Daniyl, shocked

why do you keep asking these easy questions cheesy

[b]YAHAWAH says this about HIS TABENACLE & HIS CITY, HOLY MT ZION:

Zec 1:16 'Therefore thus says YAHAWAH: "I am returning to Yahrushalayim with mercy; My house shall be built in it," says YAHAWAH of hosts, "And a surveyor's line shall be stretched out over Yahrushalayim."

Isa 44:26 That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Yahrushalayim, You shall be be inhabited; and to the cities of Yahadah, you shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:   

Isa 45:13 I have raised him(Dawad - ) up in righteousness, And I will direct all his ways; He shall build My city And let My exiles go free, Not for price nor reward," Says YAHAWAH of hosts.

Psa 69:35 For YAHAWAH will save Zion And build the cities of Yahadah, That they may dwell there and possess it. 

Psa 102:16 For YAHAWAH shall build up Zion; He shall appear in His glory.

Isa 58:12 Those from among you Shall build the old waste places; You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In

Amo 9:11 "On that day I will raise up The tabernacle of Dawad, which has fallen down, And repair its damages; I will raise up its ruins, And rebuild it as in the days of old;

YAHAWAH says in the LAW & Prophets that He shall rebuild Zion so His people may dwell there When HE appears!!!!  the time for reconstituting ain't reached yet Bro! smiley
[/b]
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2009
@Yisraylite,

Who do think inspired Moses and the prophets and who do you think they were talking about?  Here is what Jesus said before and after his resurrection, I pray that the Lord will open your understanding as He did the disciples.

[44] And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. [45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, [46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: [47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. [48] And ye are witnesses of these things. -- Luke 24:44-48

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.  [40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. -- John 5:39-40
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2009
@OLAADEGBU
@Yisraylite,

Who do think inspired Moses and the prophets and who do you think they were talking about? Here is what Jesus said before and after his resurrection, I pray that the Lord will open your understanding as He did the disciples.

[44] And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. [45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, [46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: [47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. [48] And ye are witnesses of these things. -- Luke 24:44-48

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. [40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. -- John 5:39-40

nice attempt, but poor arguement!

Please post any scripture from the so called Old testament where the name Jesus Christ is mentioned since he claims to be the one being talked about, I want you to show me a verse where the name Jesus christ is refered to in the Law or the Prophets

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the Prophets! If they do not speak according to this word, [it is] because [there] [is] no light in them.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by toneyb: 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2009
Will Olaadegbu answer a simple question?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Image123(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2009
^Will you also begin to start becoming problem 'solvers', instead of problem/question initiators?
Mazaje, where are you? Persistence is key. Or don't you believe?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2009
toneyb:

Will Olaadegbu answer a simple question?

And what was the question again? wink
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2009
Yisraylite:

@OLAADEGBU
nice attempt, but poor arguement!

Please post any scripture from the so called Old testament where the name Jesus Christ is mentioned since he claims to be the one being talked about, I want you to show me a verse where the name Jesus christ is refered to in the Law or the Prophets

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the Prophets! If they do not speak according to this word, [it is] because [there] [is] no light in them.

Do you think that if Satan knew that secret he would have crucified the Lord of Glory?  Before he realised what was happening Jesus was born in a stable in a manger.  Why do you think Satan engineered Herod to massacre children that were two years old and under?  This same paranoia made him to influence Pharaoh to massacre the baby boys in Egypt.  And by the way who do you think is called the Lion of the tribe of Judah?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

Do you think that if Satan knew that secret he would have crucified the Lord of Glory?  Before he realised what was happening Jesus was born in a stable in a manger.  Why do you think Satan engineered Herod to massacre children that were two years old and under?  This same paranoa made him to influence Pharaoh to massacre the baby boys in Egypt.  And by the way who do you think is called the Lion of the tribe of Judah

However noble, your explanation would still not suffice, Again please post a direct reference from the The Original Testament( the So called Old testament) to support your beliefs, especially since you Christians claim the Old testament is the foundation of you doctrinal teaching

Again, Please post any scripture from the so called Old testament where the name Jesus Christ is mentioned  or revealed since he claims to be the one being talked about, I want you to show me a verse where the name Jesus christ is refered to in the Law or the Prophets ?

We are all eagerly awaiting this most outstanding revelational scripture, if you can produce this I shall gladly becoome a Christian  smiley
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2009
Made Manifest by the Scriptures

"But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith." (Romans 16:26)

This revelation was written by Paul the apostle as a conclusion to his great doctrinal epistle to the Romans. That which "now is made manifest . . . to all nations" had been "kept secret since the world began," and was essentially the simple truth revealed in "my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ" (Romans 16:25) offering to people from every nation (not just Israel!) the wonderful gift of salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ.

And note that this was being made manifest, not just by the preachers and Scriptures of the New Testament, but "by the scriptures of the prophets"--[/i]that is, by the Old Testament Scriptures. There are some today who think the Old Testament is no longer of significance to Christians. But they are wrong! Remember that Jesus, after His resurrection, speaking to two of His disciples, rebuked them by saying: [i]"O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: . . . And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself" (Luke 24:25, 27).

Furthermore, the Old Testament abounds with wonderful promises and precepts and examples that are supremely practical and profitable for the Christian life. As Paul said, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope" (Romans 15:4). In fact, every Old Testament Scripture is "given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16). HMM
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2009
@Mazaje, wirinet et al.,

Click on the link [url=http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=home&action=submitsearch&section=50&f_context_any=any&f_keyword_any=Matthew 2&f_constraint=both&f_search_type=bible&f_submit=Search/]Here[/url] for the full answer to your questions in details. smiley
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

"But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith." (Romans 16:26)

This revelation was written by Paul the apostle as a conclusion to his great doctrinal epistle to the Romans.  That which "now is made manifest . . . to all nations" had been "kept secret since the world began," and was essentially the simple truth revealed in "my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ" (Romans 16:25) offering to people from every nation (not just Israel!) the wonderful gift of salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ.

And note that this was being made manifest, not just by the preachers and Scriptures of the New Testament, but "by the scriptures of the prophets"--that is, by the Old Testament Scriptures.  There are some today who think the Old Testament is no longer of significance to Christians.  But they are wrong! Remember that Jesus, after His resurrection, speaking to two of His disciples, rebuked them by saying: "O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: . . . And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself" (Luke 24:25, 27).

Furthermore, the Old Testament abounds with wonderful promises and precepts and examples that are supremely practical and profitable for the Christian life. As Paul said, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope" (Romans 15:4).  In fact, every Old Testament Scripture is "given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16). HMM

Just as I thought, you are unable to provide the proof I requested so I'll now rest my case
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:40am On Dec 13, 2009
Yisraylite:

@OLAADEGBU

Just as I thought, you are unable to provide the proof I requested so I'll now rest my case

I also thought as much that you need your eyes of understanding to be opened to see what has been revealed that remains a mystery to you. Jesus was in the Old Testament concealed and in the New Testament revealed.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

I hope you take the time to read this post carefully before you come up with anymore erroneous arguements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also thought as much that you need your eyes of understanding to be opened to see what has been revealed that remains a mystery to you.  Jesus was in the Old Testament concealed and in the New Testament revealed.

A typical response from a brainwashed African who has chosen an imaginery ficticious dead blonde hair blue eyed white man as his savior and God  sad sad sad

[b]NO WHERE IN THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT DOES THE CREATOR EVER MENTION THE NAME JESUS CHRIST A NAME DERIVED FROM THE LATIN EA-ZEUS KRISTOS(Zeus the Healer)

NO WHERE IN THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT DOES THE CREATOR EVER MENTION JESUS CHRIST AS BEING HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OR FIRST BORN, THE CREATOR CALLS THE NATION YISRAYL HIS SON

Ex 4:22 Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says YAHAWAH: "Yisrayl is My son, My firstborn. 

Ex 4:23 So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn."

Hsa 11:1 "When Yisrayl was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called My son.

NO WHERE IN THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT DOES THE CREATOR CALL JESUS CHRIST THE SAVIOR OF MANKIND,THE CREATOR HIMSELF IS THE SAVOIR AND THERE IS NO OTHER

Isa 43:11   I, even I, am YAHAWAH, and besides Me there is no savior. (so much for Jesus Christ a.k.a  Ea-Zeus Kristos)

Hsa 13:4 "Yet I am YAHAWAH your Father ever since the land of Egypt, And you will acknowledge no power or authority but Me; For there is no savior besides Me.

( so much for Jesus Christ a.k.a Ea Zeus the healer, Iesous, Iesus, Yeshua, Yahshua, Yehoshuah etc)

NO WHERE IN THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT DOES IT SAY THAT JESUS CHRIST CREATED ANYTHING!

Isa 44:24 Thus says YAHAWAH, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: "I AM YAHAWAH, Who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself

Did you get that! So much for Christianity's Jesus Christ whom they claim to be a co-creator with their God. AYAH says HE Spread abroad the earth BY HIMSELF!!

Isa 45:18 For thus says YAHAWAH, Who created the heavens, Who is The Creator, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: "I am YAHAWAH, and there is no other. 

That's right, there is no other creator, co- creator, or otherwise for AYAH is ONE- Deu 6:4- "Hear, O Yisrayl: YAHAWAH is our FATHER, YAHAWAH is One! NOT THREE IN ONE!!!!

NO WHERE IN ORIGINAL TESTAMENT DOES THE CREATOR GIVE JESUS CHRIST THE THRONE OF YISRAYL TO RULE,HE SAYS DAVID SHALL BE KING FOREVER

1Ch 28:4   "However YAHAWAH The Father of Yisrayl chose me (Dawad) above all the house of my father to be king over Yisrayl forever, for HE has chosen Yahadah to be the Ruler. And of the house of Yahadah, the house of my father, and among the sons of my father, He was pleased with me to make me king over all Yisrayl

Hos 3:5   Afterward the children of Yisrayl shall return and seek YAHAWAH  their FATHER and Dawad their king. And will Reverence YAHAWAH and His Righteousness in the latter days.

Yer(Jer) 30:9   But they shall serve YAHAWAH their Father, and Dawad their king, WHOM I WILL RAISE UP FOR THEM (AT THE RESSURECTION)

NO WHERE IN THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT IS JESUS CALLED THE SHEPHERD, KING DAVID WAS ONCE A SHEPHERD AND SHALL AGAIN BE APPOINTED BY YAHAWAH TO BE SHEPHERD

Eze 34:23   "I will establish one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them--My servant Dawad. He shall feed them and be their shepherd.

NO WHERE IN THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT IS THE FICTICIOUS JESUS CHRIST PROPHECIED TO COME BACK TO EXECUTE JUDGEMENT!!!!

Mic 1:2   Hear, all you peoples! listen, O earth, and all that is in it! Let YAHAWAH be a witness against you, YAHAWAH from His Holy Tabernacle

Mic 1:3   For behold, YAHAWAH is coming out of His place; He will come down and tread on the high places of the earth.

Mic 1:4   The Mountains will melt under Him, and the valleys will split like wax before the fire, like waters poured down a steep place

Psa 50:3   Our Father will come, and shall not keep silent; a fire shall devour before Him, and it shall be very tempestuous all around Him.

Psa 50:4   He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that He may judge His people:

[/b]

I also thought as much that you need your eyes of understanding to be opened to see what has been revealed that remains a mystery to you.

Psa 111:10 The Reverence of YAHAWAH is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do [His commandments. His praise endures forever.

Exd 20:8 "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy

Deu 5:12 'Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as YAHAWAH your FATHER commanded you

Let me submit that it is indeed you who needs your eyes opened, as a Christian you observe Sunday worship the first day of the week instituted by the Catholic church against the commandments of the most High Creator.

45 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"The (Catholic) Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given to her by her Founder, Jesus Christ. The Protestant, claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, has no warrant for observing Sunday. In this matter the Seventh Day Adventist is the only consistent Protestant." "The Question Box," The Catholic Universe Bulletin, 69 (August 14, 1942), 4.

34 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"Nowhere in the Bible do we find that Christ or the Apostles ordered that the Sabbath be changed from Saturday to Sunday. We have the commandment of God given to Moses to keep holy the Sabbath Day, that is the 7th day of the week, Saturday. Today most Christians keep Sunday because it has been revealed to us by the [Catholic] Church outside the Bible." "To Tell You the Truth," The Catholic Virginian, 22 (October 3, 1947), 9.

35 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"The Divine institution of a day of rest from ordinary occupations and of religious worship, transferred by the authority of the [Catholic] Church from the Sabbath, the last day, to Sunday the first day of the week, ,  is one of the most patent signs that we are a Christian people." James Cardinal Gibbons, The Cross and the Flag, Our Church and Country (New York: The Catholic Historical League of America, 1899), pp. 24, 25.

36 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"Sunday is founded, not on Scripture, but on tradition, and is distinctly a Catholic institution. As there is no Scripture for the transfer of the day of rest from the last to the first day of the week, Protestants ought to keep their Sabbath on Saturday and thus leave Catholics in full possession of Sunday." Catholic Record, Sept. 17, 1893

37 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"They (the Protestants) deem it their duty to keep the Sunday Holy. Why? Because the Catholic Church tells them to do so. They have no other reason,  The observance of Sunday thus comes to be an ecclesiastical law entirely distinct from the divine law of Sabbath observance,  The author of the Sunday law,  is the Catholic Church." Ecclesiastical Review, Feb. 1914.

38 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"Q. Which is the Sabbath Day?

"A. Saturday is the Sabbath day.

"Q. Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

"A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday." Peter Guierman, The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1957 ed.), p.50. Copyright 1930 by B. Herder Book Co., St.Louis.

39 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday." Martin J. Scott, Things Catholics Are Asked About (New York: P. J. Kennedy & Sons) p. 136.

How can you have good understanding of what I speak of since you do not observe The Creator's Law as stated in Psalm 111:10 ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Man You Marry Can Make Or Break You – Mrs. Oritsejafor / Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? / Download Brokenness By Dr. D.K Olukoya - Book (pdf)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.