Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,726 members, 7,805,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Why Do You Not Want Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do You Not Want Biafra? (846 Views)

“we Want Biafra!”, Rivers People Disgrace Wike In P/H (video) HAPPENING NOW / Why Do Igbos Want Biafra But Don't Want To Relocate / Northern Elders Cry To Buhari. Want Biafra Crushed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Flakosixfive(m): 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
I'm not Igbo, Yoruba nor Hausa. I'm not a Biafran either but each time I see a thread on nairaland supporting the creation or emergence of the Biafran state, I see a lot of naysayers and persons who are bitterly opposed to the Biafran movement. So let's hear from you good folks on nairaland genuine reasons why you are opposed to the Biafran movement. Please be articulate and make your post free of insults and tribal slurs. Again i reiterate that I'm neither Igbo, Yoruba nor Hausa(Wish I had a passport to show to this effect). I'm just a Nigerian who's curious as to why the generality of common folks in this country would be opposed to the creation of a splinter state. Thank you. Mods pls push this to front page so it can garner more views and comments. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
yawns...
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Ournaija: 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
Different reasons for different folks.

1. Many Northern folks believe that it will stop them access to the oil wealth.
2. While some other folks believe that taking Biafra out of the present Nigeria, you will be left with an Islamic state.
3. Many folks from middle belt and Northern Christian fear the domination of the North should Biafrans secede.
3. Others believe it will shrink the economy especially peeps from SW.

For me, One Nigeria would have been the best option for ALL as it will cater for all interest but unfortunately Nigeria was built on falsehood and our leaders has run the country aground.

I would have supported the creation of the Biafra state if the people pushing for it can offer a better alternative to challenge the present state of the Nigerian state.

As it is we are left with no option. Nigerian situation is so so disappointing. If it working agitation or whatever form will die naturally.

Believe me should Biafra be silenced today another group will emerge because Nigeria is just not working.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by kings09(m): 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
See oil disappear n u ll see evry1 going their seperate ways

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Flakosixfive(m): 12:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ournaija:

2. While some other folks believe that taking Biafra out of the present Nigeria, you will be left with an Islamic state.
3. Many folks from middle belt and Northern Christian fear the domination of the North should Biafrans secede.

For me, One Nigeria would have been the best option for ALL as it will cater for all interest but unfortunately Nigeria was built on falsehood and our leaders has run the country aground.

I would have supported the creation of the Biafra state if the people pushing for it can offer a better alternative to challenge the present state of the Nigerian state.

As it is we are left with no option. Nigerian situation is so so disappointing. If it working agitation or whatever form will die naturally.

Believe me should Biafra be silenced today another group will emerge because Nigeria is just not working.
Thank you Ournaija.
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Flakosixfive:
[s]I'm not Igbo, Yoruba nor Hausa. I'm not a Biafran either but each time I see a thread on nairaland supporting the creation or emergence of the Biafran state, I see a lot of naysayers and persons who are bitterly opposed to the Biafran movement. So let's hear from you good folks on nairaland genuine reasons why you are opposed to the Biafran movement. Please be articulate and make your post free of insults and tribal slurs. Again i reiterate that I'm neither Igbo, Yoruba nor Hausa(Wish I had a passport to show to this effect). I'm just a Nigerian who's curious as to why the generality of common folks in this country would be opposed to the creation of a splinter state. Thank you. Mods pls push this to front page so it can garner more views and comments. Thanks again[/s].

You are an afonja. Other tribes in Nigeria don't carry Biafra on their heads like you afonjas do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Ournaija: 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
Flakosixfive:

Thank you Ournaija.

You are welcome.

For me, Biafra is call for our leaders to up their game. My interest is to have a working state where y children and I can aspire to be whatever we choose to be. Nigeria is not offering that platform. I am so pissed with the state of our nation right now as a considering changing my moniker and supporting any call for restructuring or even......... undecided undecided
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Lordave: 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
I don like the name Biafra, a lot folks down south are drunk in it.
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Flakosixfive(m): 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ournaija:

You are welcome.

For me, Biafra is call for our leaders to up their game. My interest is to have a working state where y children and I can aspire to be whatever we choose to be. Nigeria is not offering that platform. I am so pissed with the state of our nation right now as a considering changing my moniker and supporting any call for restructuring or even......... undecided undecided
Thank you. Your opinion mirrors mine.
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Flakosixfive(m): 1:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lordave:
I don like the name Biafra, a lot folks down south are drunk in it.
So you hate Biafra just because you don't like the name. Awesome. Still a reason though.
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Flakosixfive(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
Olu20090:

You are an afonja. Other tribes in Nigeria don't carry Biafra on their heads like you afonjas do.

Ignored.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Plaintainboy: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ournaija:

The op was asking for individual opinions, not what you think people think.
I am from the east, Anambra precisely, I do not support a secession because the proponents have no plans. They dont have a scope (areas to fall under biafra) attempts to include the southsouth states have often been refuted by these states. Aside from that, seceding from Nigeria may set a bad precedence. Note that the desire to secede is not a problem in itself but believe you me it would be abused if biafra is granted. Ijaw will tell Ikwere to find there way, Istekiri and Ibibio, Ife and modakeke, southern and nothern Kaduna may not even be left out. A level of education and maturity is required before we can thread this parts as a nation, but we are very very far from this kind of maturity. Another reason I am sceptical about biafra is because I doubt (strongly) its ability to resolve the regions problems. Are we going to chase the Ayims,Ekwerenmadus, Nwodos, kalus, Osita, Stella and a host of other politically exposed persons who have diverted our resources to the North? the current structure in Nigeria is obviously not working and my recommendation would be true federalism.
This is a nice topic, I would also love to learn peoples individual motives for not supporting a new state creation/seceeding.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Lordave: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2017
Flakosixfive:

So you hate Biafra just because you don't like the name. Awesome. Still a reason though.
That, my brother, is the least of the reasons I don't want a separate country now.
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Flakosixfive(m): 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
Plaintainboy:

The op was asking for individual opinions, not what you think people think.
I am from the east, Anambra precisely, I do not support a secession because the proponents have no plans. They dont have a scope (areas to fall under biafra) attempts to include the southsouth states have often been refuted by these states. Another reason I am sceptical about biafra is because I doubt (strongly) its ability to resolve the regions problems. Are we going to chase the Ayims,Ekwerenmadus, Nwodos, kalus, Osita, Stella and a host of other politicially exposed persons who have diverted our resources to the North? the current structure I Nigeria is not working and my recommendation would be true federalism.
This is a nice topic, I would also love to learn peoples individual motives for not supporting a new state creation/seceeding.
Thank you very much. Well said.
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Flakosixfive(m): 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lordave:
That, my brother, is the least of the reasons I don't want a separate country now.
Okay. So what are your major reasons.
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by omenkaLives(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2017
I would have said i want it more than anything else but would get banned for supporting secession if i do.
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by Flakosixfive(m): 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
omenkaLives:
I would have said i want it more than anything else but would get banned for supporting secession if i do.
Omenka kewe ? You sure can give reasons why you want it to exist. I'm not sure that's "supporting secession"
Re: Why Do You Not Want Biafra? by annayawchee: 1:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
well.... Biafran movement might really succeed because it's the youth who are the centre of the movement and they are the lifeline of the igbo, even if biafra doesnt come now, it definitely will and hopefully in a peaceful way cos their are so many radicals among the youth.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Imo State Deputy Governor Pictured Eating By The Roadside / Xenophobic Attack: FG Blasts S-africa Minister / BREAKING!!! Finally UK Doctors Report That Buhari’s Health Condition Is Critical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.