Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice (7783 Views)

I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. / Man Shares His First Car Experience In 2002 / See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by nameo: 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
captainking:
you go with a car scanner.. Or go with someone that has one.. Cos.. The car may have hidden problems but you may not know.. So.. The scanner would reveal underlying problems..

Thanks.

But how do I acquire the service of a scanner or anyone that has one.

I wanna get a car this week or next
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by captainking(m): 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
nameo:

Thanks.

But how do I acquire the service of a scanner or anyone that has one.

I wanna get a car this week or next
u can meet a reliable kazeem or someone that knows Well abt cars.. And has a scanner.. They could go with you.. What part of lag are u?
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by nameo: 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2017
captainking:
u can meet a reliable kazeem or someone that knows Well abt cars.. And has a scanner.. They could go with you.. What part of lag are u?

Don't stay at in Lagos, just will be coming around hen I want to get the car
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by captainking(m): 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
nameo:

Don't stay at in Lagos, just will be coming around hen I want to get the car
OK... U cud meet a lot of people here to help out... Just keep us posted. I have blue tooth scanner..if u have ur.. It wud help a lot
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by nameo: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
captainking:
OK... U cud meet a lot of people here to help out... Just keep us posted. I have blue tooth scanner..if u have ur.. It wud help a lot

So can I get in touch with you when am coming to get the car??
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by captainking(m): 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
nameo:

all right sir.. Anytime... Holla.. 08140077394 °°°°
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by captainking(m): 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
nameo:

all right sir.. Anytime... Holla.. 08140077394.....
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by nameo: 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
captainking:
all right sir.. Anytime... Holla.. 08140077394.....

Aii..... Thanks much
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by captainking(m): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2017
nameo:

Aii..... Thanks much
cool.. U welcome Bro.. U can WhatsApp me with that number
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by Nobody: 2:15am On Feb 20, 2017
Accord. Ups
Descent fuel economy in I4 models(21 mpg or 13.5ltrs/100km in city driving),reliable and spacious.
Downs.
Engine mounts tend to max out,but that's when roads are very bad. Brakes are a bit soft,and i don't like soft brake pedals,but of course that's subjective. Can't fit full size tires in the trunk,radio problem(not functional currently),and roof cloth will come off eventually.
Over all its a nice car with very affordable spare parts

Matrix
Never driven one ,but I'm pretty sure its a corolla in the form of a hatch. Reliability is very good,fuel economy is very good,space? not bad,and our mechanics know it quite well too.
personally i find it a bit ugly
You cant go wrong with any of these two,so good luck man.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by abuc: 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2017
I'm glad my thread is already helping someone to avoid mistakes.

@nameo; ensure you take the advice here and scan whatever car
you intend to buy. It will help in ensuring you avoid a critical mistake.

@captainking; thanks for providing help.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by abuc: 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2017
Danny0531:
Accord. Ups
Descent fuel economy in I4 models(21 mpg or 13.5ltrs/100km in city driving),reliable and spacious.
Downs.
Engine mounts tend to max out,but that's when roads are very bad. Brakes are a bit soft,and i don't like soft brake pedals,but of course that's subjective. Can't fit full size tires in the trunk,radio problem(not functional currently),and roof cloth will come off eventually.
Over all its a nice car with very affordable spare parts

Matrix
Never driven one ,but I'm pretty sure its a corolla in the form of a hatch. Reliability is very good,fuel economy is very good,space? not bad,and our mechanics know it quite well too.
personally i find it a bit ugly
You cant go wrong with any of these two,so good luck man.

I appreciate your contribution.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by captainking(m): 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
abuc:
I'm glad my thread is already helping someone to avoid mistakes.

@nameo; ensure you take the advice here and scan whatever car
you intend to buy. It will help in ensuring you avoid a critical mistake.

@captainking; thanks for providing help.
Thanks my buddie... Anytime

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by Obinnio: 1:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
Please I am a novice to car, I was about creating similar thread but no need since I saw this one, please what is the current price range of Honda EOD Turkumbo, I need to be sure it is withing my budget and also I love Toyota and among the three cars listed, does camery 2002 model small light stand a chance in maintenance, comfortability and fuel consumption. what are your views about Avalon as well and which model is good value for money, in my list are
Honda EOD
Camery 2002 model ( small light )
Toyota Avalon ( help suggest the model with good value for money )
Among this three which is better for first timer without car wahalas.

OP sorry I am deviating from the main point of your thread.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
have you bought your car.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by Clinton32(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
Go for Toyota Matrix
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by Clinton32(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
Go[color=#000099][/color]Go for 2002 Toyota Camry Tiny light
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by Soteriahascome: 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
House
I need camry tiny light. Tokunbo.
My budget is 800-900k.
Or any clean Nigerian used.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by Soteriahascome: 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
Soteriahascome:
House

I need camry tiny light. Tokunbo.

My budget is 800-900k.

Or any clean Nigerian used.

I got one on jiji. I will be coming to Lagos for inspection but I'm a bit uneasy. Don't know if I'm getting it right.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by sultaan(m): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2017
Soteriahascome:

I got one on jiji. I will be coming to Lagos for inspection but I'm a bit uneasy. Don't know if I'm getting it right.

Fresh meat coming to town y'all grin

Why check dealer stands?
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by Soteriahascome: 6:48am On Feb 26, 2017
sultaan:

Fresh meat coming to town y'all grin
Why check dealer stands?
Please what are you saying?
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by sultaan(m): 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
Soteriahascome:

Please what are you saying?

You saw a car online and you are announcing your coming to Lagos with money to buy without seeing it physically what do you think can happen
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by valarinz: 3:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
sultaan:

You saw a car online and you are announcing your coming to Lagos with money to buy without seeing it physically what do you think can happen

Nothing is going to happen oga, you people should stop all these over hyping and all these unnecessary panic creating about lagos, what's the bloody big deal, hundreds of people come to lagos on a daily basis and buy things ranging from cars to bags of rice and go back to their states, what's the biggie
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice by valarinz: 3:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
Soteriahascome:

Oga, what you're doing is the absolute right thing, keep your money to yourself, go and physically inspect the ride, if it's not good enough for you, you move on, if it's fine you pay, no one is going to force you to do anything you didn't wanna do, you'll only fall prey if you sit back at your place and order the car to be delivered to you, but so long as you're going to see what you're buying before payment, no biggie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! / Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] / Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.