Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,127 members, 7,780,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:19 AM

Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 (20316 Views)

Poll: Who takes the cake?

Nigeria: 60% (85 votes)
Benin: 24% (34 votes)
Draw: 15% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by FBS: 6:56pm On Dec 05, 2009
Nigeria vs Benin - African Nations Cup Today at 5PM!

Sorry but I cannot update you on our previous match because it is yet to be played  grin but we all assume that the SE will perform beautifully.

However in the second match of this group, Nigeria takes on Benin Republic.

This shouldn't be stress for our boys.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by FBS: 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2010
We are getting closer. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by urfriend(m): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2010
Super Eagles: The Search For Glory!!!

It’s the Year 2010 and the Super Eagles of NIGERIA will have their hands full when they go in search of Glory. First up will be the 2010 African Cup of Nations which kicks off in the Southern African nation of Angola from January 10-31.

Though, the Tunisia ‘94 Nations Cup champions were not seeded in their group, they are one of the favoured teams to lift the trophy in Angola. It can be recalled that the Berti Vogts-tutoured Super Eagles were bundled out in the quarter-finals by the Black Stars of Ghana who hosted the last edition of the tournament.

In this years tournament their task has been made even more difficult as they have been drawn in the same group as 2 time defending champions, The Pharaohs of Egypt. The Super Eagles will have to cross the hurdles of the dreaded Egyptians in the Group’s opening game.
EGYPT VS NIGERIA
Match Time: 4pm 
Match Date: 01-12-2010
Match Venue: Complexo da Sr. da Graça [Benguela]

READ MORE AT http://www.myhimagazine.com/?p=83
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by rasputinn(m): 10:54pm On Jan 04, 2010
Benin Republic haven't got a prayer
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by dominique(f): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2010
this should be an easy 3 piont to S/E but you never can tell undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by mamagee3(f): 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2010
Nigeria wins this one!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by GTay(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2010
^^^ Benin always proves a bit difficult for the S.E sad

But i dont see them stopping us this time around!
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 13, 2010
I hope Benin wins. cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by okeymadu(m): 8:03am On Jan 13, 2010
SE will win Benin. Our game against the Pharoahs wasn't that bad the reason why we lost the match was because our midfielders lose possesion easily and I if we can rectify that error we shall beat the Pharoahs silly the next time we meet.
Bet me!
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by okeymadu(m): 8:17am On Jan 13, 2010
SE will win Benin. Our game against the Pharoahs wasn't that bad the reason why we lost the match was because our midfielders lose possesion  easily and I if we can rectify that error we shall beat the Pharoahs silly the next time we meet.
Bet me!
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by FBS: 10:26am On Jan 13, 2010
OSAZE RESUMES TRAINING

There is some cheering news for Nigerian fans to temper the pain of Tuesday’s 3-1 thrashing by Egypt with the return of Osaze Odemwingie to training earlier that day.

The Lokomotiv Moscow forward has been down with an infection since playing against Thanda Royal Zulu in a tune-up game and missed both the 0-0 draw in a friendly against Zambia, and the beating handed down by Egypt.

But Media Officer Idah Peterside says the effervescent striker is back kicking a ball: “Osaze resumed training on Tuesday morning, and we expect him to be fit for our second match against Benin,” Peterside tells KickOffNigeria.com.

However, that prognosis appears to be overly optimistic, as the best case scenario is that the player may only be good enough for a substitute appearance.

The Russian league ended last November, and the player has not kicked a ball in competition since playing and scoring against Khimki on November 29.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13283
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by RSA(m): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
Razak Omotoyossi and Stephane Sessegnon grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by mukina2: 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
where RSA dey? grin

Booooooooooooth grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by RSA(m): 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2010
Muki,I am Ok my Ponono,still eating pap grin
I am busy cleaning my Vuuuuuuuuuuuvuuuuuselaaaa grin

I have have tickets for all the Game in Rustenburg.And knowing that my vuvusesla irritate most of you I will blow it even louder grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by mukina2: 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2010
would you still be blowing when you would be losing? grin

I dunno who i dislike more, the Vuvusela or the Bafana Bafana grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by mrofficial(m): 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2010
The S.E are bunch of turncoats while we are here being patriotic.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by aieromon(m): 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
A lone goal scored in the dying minutes of the match is nothing to celebrate undecided
I pity 'em in the Q/Finals
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by 4peace(m): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
nigeria 0 benin 2
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by garfufu: 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
angryITS A WIN FOR NIGERIA ONLY IF THEY PUT YAKUBU IN A CAGE AND BRING IN A PLAYER THAT KNOWS WHERE THE GOALPOST IS. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by lordizak(m): 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
na which kind dream una dey here dey dream, na draw or 9ja loose.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by koolchicco: 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
lordizak:

No mind dem jor! Patriotism at its peak.

@Topic

Super chickens go loose or at most, a draw
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by MUNEER2(m): 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
lordizak:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by mykali(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
another flopped cause?
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by bandely(m): 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
We should win this.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Wrex(m): 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2010
stillwater:

I hope Benin wins. cool
i hope so too, our players are the most useless people i ave ever seen ,
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by honeric01(m): 6:12pm On Jan 13, 2010
Golden eaglets 5 : Benin Republic 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by efeboy(m): 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
I voted that Egypt would win the previous match.

It wasn't because I was just pessimistic like other Nigerians. I didn't know how it happened, but I just opened the thread and voted for Egypt.

I considered some factors, and so I knew that Egypt would win the match.

However for this Benin match, the case is different. I have watched the super eagles play. I have seen the level of improvement within this short

period of time. And I think Psychology factor would also come in.

The Super Eagles are going to win CONVINCINGLY. This is what I'm talking about.

Nigeria 3 - Benin 1

Nigeria 4 - Benin 0

Ogbuke might not score a goal but he is going to play a pivotal role in the match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by MrCrackles(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
stillwater:

I hope Benin wins. cool
Amen. . .

Topic

The Nigerian Football Team is useless. . .I hope they lose and are sent packing straight after the defeat! wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by nich(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
why bother predicting? nna, just be patient & wait for the result of the game. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by Wrex(m): 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2010
honeric01:

Golden eaglets 5 : Benin Republic 1

you are dreaming man, and point of correction,it is super eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 by babs2010: 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
with the way our boys performed in the last match, i don't see us finding it easy to beat benin. remember the team is full of nigerian born players. i just hope it won't end up like the match against egypt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. / Ballon D'or Award 2023: Lionel Messi, Haaland Lead Nominees / Nairaland Rules, The Sports Section & European Football Club Threads: A Must-Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.