Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code (28461 Views)

MTN Introduces 17-digit MTN Recharge PIN / Unboxing The Infinix Zero 4 Plus Infinix’s First 6-digit-priced Smartphone-mt / 15 Funny But True Experiences We've All Had On Whatsapp (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by oshe11: 7:55am On Feb 11, 2017
really
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by bolaji73(m): 7:55am On Feb 11, 2017
nmreports:
Does it mean that to open whatsapp you must enter this pass code @ naijatechguy
someone should answer this please.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 11, 2017
Hmm
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by gqboyy(m): 7:56am On Feb 11, 2017
OgidiOlu3:

That's why it's called an Instant Messenger. As long as you're online, you'll receive IMs. You can always disable background data though so that the only app that'll use data will be the one you currently use.
My phone doesn't have "disable background data feature". Whatsapp is still rudimentary no privacy at all. Any cabal has access to ur whatsapp
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by sneakzy(m): 7:57am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:
I only want to b seen online when I log into whatsapp. I hate it when am busy browsing and not in d mood for chat and then messages will start coming in. They shd correct this too
gbwhatsap is the solution to ur prob bro
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by gqboyy(m): 8:00am On Feb 11, 2017
sneakzy:
gbwhatsap is the solution to ur prob bro
Thnks bro. I'v downloaded it but havnt tried it yet
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:03am On Feb 11, 2017
nmreports:
Does it mean that to open whatsapp you must enter this pass code @ naijatechguy
nope.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Aburi001: 8:07am On Feb 11, 2017
iluvpomo:
Ok, I am waiting for BBM to do their own grin
You still dey use BlackBerry phone?
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 11, 2017
Most of the peeps here do not understand this news. It actually means that no one can register your phone number on whatsapp even if they have your sim card. Before now, once they have your sim card, anyone could register your phone number on whatsapp and start chatting as if they are the owner of the number, but now, the 6-digit passcode will put an end to that as it will be requested everytime a particular number is being registered on whatsapp. The e-mail address request is for the passcode recovery, in case you forget.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by shakabulla(m): 8:31am On Feb 11, 2017
Too late abeg... She saw the chats already. 😡angry

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by youngwarlocks: 8:56am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:
I only want to b seen online when I log into whatsapp. I hate it when am busy browsing and not in d mood for chat and then messages will start coming in. They shd correct this too

You can simply go to settings and restrict background data on Watsapp app alone...
I have done it and it worked.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by gqboyy(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2017
youngwarlocks:

You can simply go to settings and restrict background data on Watsapp app alone...
I have done it and it worked.
ok thanks
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by blessyndbest(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2017
na when WhatsApp con turn to 2go now....?

meanwhile there are many ways one can secure unwanted access to any of one's apps..
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by cybriz82(m): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:

they did but incase u miss it...go to ur fone app there you will whatsapp staring at u like face me i face u.just simple click uninstall...gbam dat all n whenever u are the in mood to chat.go log in to google play n redownload it again...repeat d step back n fourth,right n left.just feel free to ask question anytym u are cnfuse.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Nostradamu(m): 9:23am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:

"only want to be seen when i log into...", Go to settings-account-privacy. There, you'll see different options like hiding your 'last seen', 'status' or 'read receipts'. That'd hopefully will help you.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by gqboyy(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2017
Nostradamu:

"only want to be seen when i log into...", Go to settings-account-privacy. There, you'll see different options like hiding your 'last seen', 'status' or 'read receipts'. That'd hopefully will help you.
Tnks
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 11, 2017
this is only for cheating freaks
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by JERRY1925(m): 9:29am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:

I guess that's why there's the mute feature.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by gqboyy(m): 9:33am On Feb 11, 2017
JERRY1925:

I guess that's why there's the mute feature.
That's an option too. Thanks
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by supereagle(m): 9:59am On Feb 11, 2017
I need it .
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by sureteeboy(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:
Disable Whatsapp's background data and you're good to go. Whatsapp won't do that for you.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by mccoy47(m): 10:51am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:
Go to app settings on ur phone, den go to whatsapp and click on "force stop".
Ur whatsapp won't recieve messages
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by ayomiDRLmoney: 11:04am On Feb 11, 2017
Buy ur ​TBC at ​affordable​ price now...Call/whatsapp 07062474363 or 09068750167 ​ ASAP​​ If u are serious u can av a taste ​free​.. ​NO BE EVERYONE DEY SCAM OKAY​... ​ ​Face to face​ transaction​ if u are buying plenty.... Serious minded only ​​just 1k per coin​​
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by khassy(m): 11:33am On Feb 11, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
WhatsApp is finally rolling out the two-step verification feature to every users of its Android, iOS, and Windows Phone apps. The security feature was previously available to only beta users for some time now, but it has now been made official.

This feature allows you to create a six-digit pass-code that'll be required whenever your phone number is being verified on the app.

The two-step verification feature can be activated by going to Settings > Account > Two-step verification > Enable.

You'll also be able to add your e-mail address, although it's optional but can be useful in case you ever forget your pass-code.

WhatsApp won't be able to verify the accuracy of the email address you enter, so you need to enter it carefully to make sure that you're not locked out of your account if you forget your pass-code.

Mtcheww

Was thinking I can finally lock my WhatsApp from this girl

Who 2FA epp undecided
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by espionage48(m): 11:35am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:
if you are using an android phone,go to settings,click on data usage.it will bring out the list of all your apps, select whatsapp, you will see something like application settings, click on off background data.. When U do that messages won't enter again in ur whatsapp unless U open the whatsapp app.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by aooo(m): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2017
iluvpomo:
Ok, I am waiting for BBM to do their own grin

Bbm get. Most features of whatsapp are stolen from bbm and then whatsapp add some little modifications to it.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by iluvpomo(m): 2:10pm On Feb 11, 2017
aooo:

Bbm get. Most features of whatsapp are stolen from bbm and then whatsapp add some little modifications to it.
ha ha ... in your dreams maybe ... BBM is light years behind in terms of ubiquity and availability across platforms.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by iluvpomo(m): 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
ayomiDRLmoney:
Buy ur ​TBC at ​affordable​ price now...Call/whatsapp 0803 419 419419 ​ ASAP​​ If u are serious u can av a taste ​free​.. ​NO BE EVERYONE DEY SCAM OKAY​... ​ ​Face to face​ transaction​ if u are buying plenty.... Serious minded only ​​just 1k per coin​​
yahoo yahoo don enter this thread
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by iluvpomo(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
Aburi001:
You still dey use BlackBerry phone?
my broda, help me with android, I de suffer with BBM!
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by gqboyy(m): 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2017
sureteeboy:
Disable Whatsapp's background data and you're good to go. Whatsapp won't do that for you.
thnks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change / 9mobile Launches N14,000 Rhino 2 Android Phone / The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.