Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

2baba And His Ajebota Generation By Dele Momodu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2baba And His Ajebota Generation By Dele Momodu (608 Views)

2baba And Annie Idibia With Dele Momodu At Kotoka Airport Accra, Ghana / 2baba And Annie Idibia Loved Up In New Photos / 2Baba And Annie Idibia Kiss, Fans React (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2baba And His Ajebota Generation By Dele Momodu by Lanre90(m): 9:29am On Feb 11, 2017
Fellow Nigerians, let me confess straightaway that I have a special space for 2BABA formally known as TUFACE IDIBIA. It is impossible to meet this perfect gentleman and not fall for him. I’ve come to know him reasonably well since his days with the Plantashion Boyz when I invited and took some of the hottest artists to the Obafemi Awolowo University for the biggest show ever, the Ovation Concert. It was a night to remember for many students who were fortunate to attend the event that evening.

So 2BABA was going to do what some of us had attempted in the past, activity that had landed me in detention at CID Alagbon detention centre Ikoyi, and later forced me to exile in London for three solid years under the dreaded regime of General Sani Abacha, I soliloquised.

That is why I have started out in my headline by describing this generation of youths as an ajebota one, youths who grew up on bread and butter and not village-trained ones who fed on dusty rough meals like us. We should not have expected them to have the kind of tenacity we enjoyed in our time from secondary school, through to University and teaching, when we confronted tear gas and bullets on the streets. This particular generation is blessed with computers, smartphones and social media. They can hide behind some tiny screens to throw darts and arrows at their perceived enemies. We were being stupidly optimistic to have expected so much more from them. However, I was not too surprised or utterly disappointed. I was happy 2BABA had stirred the hornets’ nests and for whatever it is worth, my belief is that it is going to wake up the Buhari government from its deep slumber and seeming reticence or complacency, whatever word you can find in the lexicon. The time has come to, at least, tickle this government and hope that something good can still come out of them.

That symbolic act for me was......

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/02/11/2baba-and-his-ajebota-generation/
Re: 2baba And His Ajebota Generation By Dele Momodu by Lanre90(m): 10:11am On Feb 11, 2017
OK
Re: 2baba And His Ajebota Generation By Dele Momodu by Lanre90(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2017
wink

(1) (Reply)

You Don’t Know How To Pamper A Lady — Tboss / Photos: Kiki Omeili Headlines 'the Industry Jury' / Throwbackphoto Who Is The Popular Nigerian Artiste In This Picture? [guess Who]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.