Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Would You Advice Me To Buy A Mazda Mpv As My First Car. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Would You Advice Me To Buy A Mazda Mpv As My First Car. (4726 Views)

I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K / Porsche 911 GT3 RS Is The First Car To Use Corning's Gorilla Glass Windows / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Advice Me To Buy A Mazda Mpv As My First Car. by jpride(m): 7:47am On Mar 12, 2020
eRex:

I have never bought a toks o... I buy Nigeria used the models between 2003 and 2005...
Price varies due to the soundness of engine and body..

Most of my purchases had one or two fixes.. but I don't buy if it has any engine or gear issues...
Major issue I fix is the beam... 35k dem and roughly 5k for workmanship, brake oil etc

If you check my profile you see them all as I also sold dem all..

I use dem for approximately a year and sell off.

I buy Nigeria. Used .. do fixes and use and sell off. I have always made a slight profit in all sales so I don't use dem for long save for the last one I used for two years to avoid Lagos drivers gbas gbos...
Engine has never given me issue neither gear... I rarely use ac. Cos the back windows wind down and that was my essence of getting a MPV over the 2000/2002 sienna

Interestingly one of my buyers is a younger brother to my current landlord wife.... He bought the very first MPV I sold in 2005 and he is still using it till date.

I also make use of dedicated MPV mechanics here in Ikorodu...
MPV is a common transport vehicle from Ikorodu to ijebu ode.. Ikorodu to Epe so dey have the dedicated MPV mechanics here.

For toks ...it could range between 1.5/1.8...

If you have to go for commercial... I will not recommend the 04/05 model.. it is more of curvy and fancy-full In shape... It's is not as sturdy as the lower models

Personally I prefer auto transmission. Is it advisable, considering it's going for transportation?
Again, I heard the 2000 model engine ain't as powerful as the 2002 to 05 models. Is it true?
Re: Would You Advice Me To Buy A Mazda Mpv As My First Car. by eRex(m): 8:20am On Mar 12, 2020
jpride:

Personally I prefer auto transmission. Is it advisable, considering it's going for transportation?
Again, I heard the 2000 model engine ain't as powerful as the 2002 to 05 models. Is it true?

Auto transmission for me was ok... Just dat you may not find such with 4plug engine.

2002/3 to 2006/6 model engine we made in conjunction with ford... They are with timing chain and 5speed auto transmission unlike the 1999 2001 model that came with timing belt and 4 speed transmission.

Driving the higher model 2003-2006 ... U get that ease as the 5th gear gives the engine such ease.

Chai ... I miss my MPV oo embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice Me To Buy A Mazda Mpv As My First Car. by julieA(m): 4:43pm On Mar 12, 2020
[Please am about to get either of this 2 vehicles (Opel Zafira or Mazda MPV) for commercial transport.
Kindly advice me on the best for the business among the 2 (Opel Zafira and Mazda MP[/b]V) and which year make is best as well?
Thanks.[b]
Re: Would You Advice Me To Buy A Mazda Mpv As My First Car. by eRex(m): 7:37am On Mar 13, 2020
julieA:
[Please am about to get either of this 2 vehicles (Opel Zafira or Mazda MPV) for commercial transport.
Kindly advice me on the best for the business among the 2 (Opel Zafira and Mazda MP[/b]V) and which year make is best as well?
Thanks.[b]

Thinks Opel is also a good car... Only smaller in size.
The 3 row seat will not conveniently take 3 persons like the MPV.

I do wonder why it's no common with transporters

But u can make more findings though
Re: Would You Advice Me To Buy A Mazda Mpv As My First Car. by jpride(m): 9:47am On Mar 13, 2020
eRex:

Auto transmission for me was ok... Just dat you may not find such with 4plug engine.

2002/3 to 2006/6 model engine we made in conjunction with ford... They are with timing chain and 5speed auto transmission unlike the 1999 2001 model that came with timing belt and 4 speed transmission.

Driving the higher model 2003-2006 ... U get that ease as the 5th gear gives the engine such ease.

Chai ... I miss my MPV oo embarassed
Thank you Rex....
Seem like I'll opt for the 2002 and above. Thanks again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Me To Buy A Mazda Mpv As My First Car. by Kayharry(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2021
Mazda MPV is a very good car compare to sienna and every other minivan. Fuel economy and hardly have electrical issue. if you are buying it as your first car you are on track.
https://www.kayharry.com/mazda-mpv-2004-price-features-and-spec/
Re: Would You Advice Me To Buy A Mazda Mpv As My First Car. by Adeyog: 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
jpride:

Thank you Rex....
Seem like I'll opt for the 2002 and above. Thanks again

Did you eventually get the MPV for commercial use? Please, I need to know as a prospective owner of MPV for interstate purpose. The sienna I used was always having issues reason I want to opt for MPV. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toks: Corolla 2004 Sport / TOKS 2007 Toyota Corolla Sport / Toks 2010 Model Volvo XC90 White SOLD! SOLD!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.