Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is it proper to Use National Names for Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is it proper to Use National Names for Business? (1547 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / Nigeria Leads The World In Enthusiasm For Business / More Attractive Names for Products Made in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is it proper to Use National Names for Business? by brushparke(m): 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2005
What do you think of using names said to represent national integrity for commercial purposes?
A name like www.asorockhost.com or www.asorock.com or www.obasanjo.com.
I know Former president Nelson Mandela had gone to court to stop his prison Number beign used for business.South africans believe
that was offensive.Do you think such names should be toyed with?
Re: Is it proper to Use National Names for Business? by Afam(m): 1:42pm On Dec 14, 2005
I guess it is safer to avoid them if possible or to be on the safe side have the business name duly registered with the CAC so that you can defend the name anything there is a problem.

I once got a letter sent to my lawyer concerning using Lagosestores as a business website name, they claimed the name was enjoying Lagos state patronage so I did what was ideal in such circumstance, avoid the name completely and move everything to a duly registered business name with the CAC - Just Web Services.

What's in a name anyway? Nothing if you ask me, as long as it is easy and simple to remember by those that are of interest to you.
Re: Is it proper to Use National Names for Business? by winwinx: 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2011
There is a law governing the use of names for business, Cosult registrar of Companies for compliance. All these ??">www?? are not regulated names. You can www any BS and it goes. That is not authenticity of business name.

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Business Plan? / Buying A Recharge Phone Card For Someone In Nigeria From The Us / Zara, H&m: In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.