Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? (7738 Views)

Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible? / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by FavoredGuy: 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2017
The book of the Bible that I cherish most is Ecclesiastes. For me it is the summary of the entire message of the Bible (though my opinion) because if we see life as vanity and live it as simple as it is presented in the book, there is no need to preach to us to be good again. I love each verse of this wisdom-filled book as each verse conveys a life changing message which is very comprehensible and aplplicable to true life situation. The author presents life in fullness of its futilty. '....vanity upon vanity... all is vanity'. Meaninglessness of life is presented in a heart-melting manner that anyone (christian or non christian) reading it must, at some point, pause to ponder.

As far as we know that there's time for everything under the sun, we must apply wisdom in all we do: enjoying ourselves and the outcome of our struggle, but bearing in mind that at the end, we will answer for everything we do.

Feel free to add your own.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by greatnaija01: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2017
the bible is my favorite book no book in the bible is by itself complete without the others.

FavoredGuy:
The book of the Bible that I cherish most is Ecclesiastes. For me it is the summary of the entire message of the Bible (though my opinion) because if we see life as vanity and live it as simple as it is presented in the book, there is no need to preach to us to be good again. I love each verse of this wisdom-filled book as each verse conveys a life changing message which is very comprehensible and aplplicable to true life situation. The author presents life in fullness of its futilty. '....vanity upon vanity... all is vanity'. Meaningless of life is presented in a heart-melting manner that anyone (christian or non christian) reading it must, at some point, pause to ponder.

As far as we know that there's time for everything under the sun, we must apply wisdom in all we do: enjoying ourselves and the outcome of our struggle, but bearing in mind that at the end, we will answer for everything we do.

Feel free to add your own.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by omosefeeguaibor(f): 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
For me it is Ruth, it depicts a character I want to emulate by all means

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
I love Psalms.

15 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Uyi168: 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2017
Songs of solomon..very romantic

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by benzics(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
Leviticus, Joshua and deutronomy, very violent grin

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by kilo4sure: 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
Yap you got it, Ecclesiastes it is. Next is proverbs.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by ichuka(m): 10:30pm On Feb 11, 2017
The Book of John
Portals the very nature of Jesus Christ.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Seun(m): 12:05am On Feb 12, 2017
@favoredguy: the author of Ecclesiastes didn't believe in the afterlife. Dan Barker, a popular atheist, says that it's his favorite Biblical book.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by lepasharon(f): 12:17am On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:
@favoredguy: the author of Ecclesiastes didn't believe in the afterlife. Dan Barker, a popular atheist, says that it's his favorite Biblical book.

who wrote ecclesiasties? shocked
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Seun(m): 12:26am On Feb 12, 2017
lepasharon:
who wrote ecclesiasties? shocked
King Solomon, presumably. Jews don't believe that people go to heaven or hell when they die. It's a Christian concept, like God having a son.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Collyno82(m): 5:03am On Feb 12, 2017
All the books of the bible does the same thing at different times. It depicts the essence n the existence of Yaweh. All the verses are my favourites.

Hear this For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3vs16

Just take a look at this 2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bible.kingjamesbiblelite

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Soljaboi44(m): 6:44am On Feb 12, 2017
Front page things

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by tojahh(m): 7:08am On Feb 12, 2017
I spoke with a friend who's self-employed, she told me she will be closing her business office throughout the coming week for a church programme organized by the church district. I really berated her for it.

Now, I want to talk to Our "Pastors" and Church CEO's, how can you program a church activity for Working Hours on Working days? The same time that people ought to be out "hussling" and working to earn something, you ask them to come to church for a program?? Are you going to pay them or pay their bills at the end of the month? It baffles me when I hear churches having programs between 9a.m and 5p.m on a working day. Encourage your members to have something doing, to engage themselves in something productive, not asking them to be in church 24/7. Listen : Prayers without Work will lead you not just to poverty but make you die of hunger.. Almighty God Worked for 6days and only had 1day of rest.. The Same Pastor is at his work place(church) everyday, he earns his income from the church. You, just abandon yours, don't work, go and sleeping in the church, at the end of the day, wait for God to miraculously bless you.. Your waiting may be endless..

Nigeria is adjudged to have the highest numbers of churches in the world..yet evil prevail in the land. Christianity isn't in church attendance, its in your personal walk with your God. Work out your own salvation!!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Fairgodwin(m): 7:52am On Feb 12, 2017
Wait, I love the Book of Proverbs, especially chapter 22 verse 29. "Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings and not mean men."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by emmabest2000(m): 7:52am On Feb 12, 2017
Romans 1:17

The just shall live by faith ...

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by 18SNVL: 7:53am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:53am On Feb 12, 2017
The Book of Proverbs, teaches lots of wisdom.

I also love the Pauline epistles

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Ermacc: 7:54am On Feb 12, 2017
proverbs. learnt a great deal from it

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by LEOSIRSIR(m): 7:54am On Feb 12, 2017
revelations
sad sad

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by 18SNVL: 7:54am On Feb 12, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 12, 2017
Permit me to use two.

First is where Jesus turned water to wine.

Why i love is simply because.... No one can judge me cus im drinking wine.

2. 'My people are perishing because they lack wisdom'

Why i love this part is because.... Many christans are so stupid that they lack the basic wisdom of the bible. They infact turn the bible upside just to justify that stupdity.
Imagine a certain church condemning her members to take drugs(medicinal though)
Some even went further to tell their members not to watch TVs. Isn't this plain ODEcincracy.

Anyways...

Drabeey was HERE
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 12, 2017
Psalm, it works for me in every situation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by Nairalane: 7:55am On Feb 12, 2017
Tho the Bible is One, but if I choose a book that can sum all, I will choose John, because it talks about The birth, death, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus- a pointer to Everlasting Life, which we receive in Jesus, far from the Money, most pastors preach today.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:55am On Feb 12, 2017
omosefeeguaibor:
For me it is Ruth, it depicts a character I want to emulate by all means
You want to emulate? What's holding you from emulating it?

PS: Ruth is a foremother of Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by sarrki(m): 7:55am On Feb 12, 2017
Jerimiah 32:27

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by datopaper(m): 7:55am On Feb 12, 2017
Genesis 22vs 7-8.

These 2 verses are great to me. I was born to love the verses because my father always use it often. So I asked many questions about it which I get answer. I later inspired about it.

It is spiritual.

God will provide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by ritababe(f): 7:56am On Feb 12, 2017
okay
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by dingbang(m): 7:56am On Feb 12, 2017
The Book of Luke.... Jesus says it all there....

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by 18SNVL: 7:57am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by cjudy(m): 7:57am On Feb 12, 2017
tojahh:
I spoke with a friend who's self-employed, she told me she will be closing her business office throughout the coming week for a church programme organized by the church district. I really berated her for it.

Now, I want to talk to Our "Pastors" and Church CEO's, how can you program a church activity for Working Hours on Working days? The same time that people ought to be out "hussling" and working to earn something, you ask them to come to church for a program?? Are you going to pay them or pay their bills at the end of the month? It baffles me when I hear churches having programs between 9a.m and 5p.m on a working day. Encourage your members to have something doing, to engage themselves in something productive, not asking them to be in church 24/7. Listen : Prayers without Work will lead you not just to poverty but make you die of hunger.. Almighty God Worked for 6days and only had 1day of rest.. The Same Pastor is at his work place(church) everyday, he earns his income from the church. You, just abandon yours, don't work, go and sleeping in the church, at the end of the day, wait for God to miraculously bless you.. Your waiting may be endless..

Nigeria is adjudged to have the highest numbers of churches in the world..yet evil prevail in the land. Christianity isn't in church attendance, its in your personal walk with your God. Work out your own salvation!!!

Oga what is your Business? your religion Evey Friday leave businesses, schools and co activities to gather in a place for their prayer then why interfering on another man headache? Is your shop urs? aproko they carry person load like this man below

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? by dingbang(m): 7:57am On Feb 12, 2017
sarrki:
Jerimiah 32:27
favorite book and not chapter and verse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Sign Of “the Last Days,” Or “end Times”? / Atheists Debate Religionists * / Atheism & Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.