Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,823 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. (43710 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Annalise(f): 11:20am On Feb 13, 2017
Lagusta:

you are the liar here.....

I am a doctor, and from all my years of schooling and practice, i find VERY FEW doctors that are very religious... most of them are either moderates, liberals, agnostic or atheists.... the majority being liberals like me...

Health professionals are either raging, crazy religious or don't give a sh|t. There's no in between.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 13, 2017
akintom:

Stop misleading the simple and the gullible.

Medically speaking, no disease that's capable of progressing to death within days, will not have signalled A DISTURBING SIGN.

What used to happen to you religious folks, is to IGNORE , REJECT and REBUKE such signs. Claiming you're strong when you're dying.

I speak from my experiences with religious folks.

Again, am very familiar with Christian religion, my first over 27 years of life ideologies were sphere in that religion. Until i dump the childish gist of the Christian doctrine, i have always found the idiocy in embracing the illusions of the Bible doctrines, as the most repulsive thing.

There's nothing virtuous in death that's secondary to idiocy.

You actually have more problems than I thought because you sound more like the gullible here. I should not reply you because of your insensitivity but then lest you glory in your folly. Ever had of sudden death?

Don't know what you mean by religious folks? That sound like hasty generalization.

When my wife died the pathologists report concluded "natural death, unpredictable and unpreventable" There was no sign and the Prof told us it's just unfortunate where this developed. It kills suddenly.

Anyone can be religious but few are Christians. It is clear you don't know Christ but you know the religion i.e doing things because you are told but having no conviction of why you are doing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by innoken(m): 11:21am On Feb 13, 2017
What's the essence of this post op?
To stop those that believe from believing?
Or spite Christianity?
Is it me or is the topic centered on christians with little reference to Islam or other traditional types?
No one can change a belief!
You opened this thread to convince yourself....
Religion is of the mind!!!
Miracles happen everyday even though we don't see it.
Even those that died......was a miracle!!!!!
Who knows what abomination might have been prevented from their deaths?
Just saying.........

I'm just a civil engineer

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 13, 2017
Some drs tho...smh
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Thawarplay(m): 11:28am On Feb 13, 2017
But yall Doctor who you epp? As long as you still unable to find cure for SCD. Even if I want to admit that prayers can't epp. What about science?

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 11:29am On Feb 13, 2017
ApostleT:

You actually have more problems than I thought because you sound more like the gullible here. I should not reply you because of your insensitivity but then lest you glory in your folly. Ever had of sudden death?

Don't know what you mean by religious folks? That sound like hasty generalization.

When my wife died the pathologists report concluded "natural death, unpredictable and unpreventable" There was no sign and the Prof told us it's just unfortunate where this developed. It kills suddenly.

Anyone can be religious but few are Christians. It is clear you don't know Christ but you know the religion i.e doing things because you are told but having no conviction of why you are doing it.
Please just curious, what was the diagnosis?

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Greenlandncom(m): 11:30am On Feb 13, 2017
Seun:

Consider the millions of people all over the world who have prayed for ISIS to be wiped out. Is it really possible that not one of them has faith?
Know that God will not do for us what we can do by ourselves. Again, prayer is not a command to God but the seeking of His will in every case. The main aim of prayer is to make us submit more to what is God's will.
The essence of Christianity is love. First from God to man and vice versa. If we come to God because of what we want from him only, then we have missed it. Man can only see every stage of his life but can never fathom the allover cosmic value and purpose of his life in the economy of existence.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Reallymilky(f): 11:31am On Feb 13, 2017
Thank you OP for this thread clarifying stupidity and common sense! I'm not an atheist but I'm logical about my faith. It amazes and infuriates me when people are hypocritical about matters of religion!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by coolestofall(m): 11:33am On Feb 13, 2017
stifej:
you dont belief in prayer ryt? how can u explain to me how a woman without womb is able to give birth to twins?
Probably because she was with womb. Give an example with smthing glaring no one can disprove, like an amputee or smthing like jesus n dat dude who's ear was cut off. But make it dis century.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by ahkenaten(m): 11:35am On Feb 13, 2017
coolestofall:

Probably because she was with womb. Give an example with smthing glaring no one can disprove, like an amputee or smthing like jesus n dat dude who's ear was cut off. But make it dis century.

loooool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by benhero(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2017
To die is better than to live in this miserable world of men. God answers prayers said according to his will.1 John 5:14.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Lagusta(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2017
drnoel:

No vex, I never attended those ur mushroom churches. Faith is supposed to be inherent not a physical thing. That means logically anything that affects ur physic or way of thinking can affect ur faith too. Rest my case.

i'm actually a muslim, but a very liberal one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tohpahz(f): 11:37am On Feb 13, 2017
Pat was a good Xtian
Pat prayed regularly
Pat got HIV from the husband
Pat already had a colostomy done and a bag in place
Fast forward..
Pat now has anal cancer
Metastasis was too fast, her vaginna was gone in no time
Pat kept praying
Health team kept managing
Pat started morphine
Pat started refusing med treatment cos her pastor said so.
Now pat is dead.

God didn't hear her prayers,or he chose not to answer, or she had to die for a reason or the pastor was fake

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Jammiiee(m): 11:40am On Feb 13, 2017
Ur face laughing n crying I just imagine d would be sth like wt Like this I guess undecided...
lepasharon:
I'm laughing and crying at the same time
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by larrybee2017(f): 11:41am On Feb 13, 2017
And this made front page? SMH
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by akintom(m): 11:42am On Feb 13, 2017
ApostleT:

It's in the character of most Christians to display crass ignorance and yet glorify in such idiocy.

Sudden death is secondary mostly to heart conditions, which could also be secondary to badly managed hypertension.

Your wife had most likely gone through this path.

ApostleT:

You simply don't understand this report on your wife. This conclusion was based on the time from which you brought her in.

The condition could have been predictable and preventable, if she had presented at an earlier stage of whatever it was.

Stop denying, rebuking and rejecting signs of illness, in the name of Bible illusion. It spells needless pain and lost.

ApostleT:

Semantics. Christianity is a religion. It's called Christian religion.

10 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by hopefulLandlord: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2017
benhero:
To die is better than to live in this miserable world of men.John 5:14.

I wonder why Christians give testimonies of Yahweh saving their lives; it seems Yahweh is doing lots of evil to them by sparing their lives since "To die is better than to live"

can you see why religion breeds suicide bombers?

12 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by hopefulLandlord: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2017
larrybee2017:
And this made front page? SMH
isn't it worthy? after all about 20 Christian topics hit FP yesterday morning

8 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tiwiex(m): 11:46am On Feb 13, 2017
winner01:
It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery.
God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.

Those questions no matter how touching constantly reminds us that nowhere in God's word was man or christians promised a life free of pain. Nowhere in God's word was man promised the answers to all his questions.

God is and forever will be. We were created with limits and it's why we will forever wonder.

We were created with limits. That's also why you go to the hospital when your are sick.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Jammiiee(m): 11:47am On Feb 13, 2017
There are principles guiding prayers that would be answered. Leme make this clear, many xtians don't commune with God, and live a christlike life, following the precepts of God and keeping to his commandments.... they ostracize God but practise religion in the name of Christianity. And when they run into problems, they will be seeking God. Yes, in such cases except God wants to be merciful there is nothing anyone can do. But live a righteous life my brother, and call on God in times of trouble, he will surely answer you. You can't play hankypanky with God and expect him to always be there for u. angry
Lennycool:
Very informative catfishbilly and sad.
Prayer is clearly self delusion.
You pray for something and whether it works or not you're supposed to praise God. Not to mention that in most of these cases you're supposed to still work hard for what you prayed for.
The meme below should get people thinking about the effectiveness of prayers
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by drnoel: 11:48am On Feb 13, 2017
Lagusta:

i'm actually a muslim, but a very liberal one

The same still applies cos it's faith that is on the witness box

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by oglalasioux(m): 11:49am On Feb 13, 2017
winner01:
It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery.
God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.

Those questions no matter how touching constantly reminds us that nowhere in God's word was man or christians promised a life free of pain. Nowhere in God's word was man promised the answers to all his questions.

God is and forever will be. We were created with limits and it's why we will forever wonder.

You are shifting the goal post in the middle of the game.

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Omoluabi16(m): 11:49am On Feb 13, 2017
tohpahz:
Pat was a good Xtian
Pat prayed regularly
Pat got HIV from the husband
Pat already had a colostomy done and a bag in place
Fast forward..
Pat now has anal cancer
Metastasis was too fast, her vaginna was gone in no time
Pat kept praying
Health team kept managing
Pat started morphine
Pat started refusing med treatment cos her pastor said so.
Now pat is dead.

God didn't hear her prayers,or he chose not to answer, or she had to die for a reason or the pastor was fake
Religion does not rule out the use of medical aid. A woman in labour would not sit and pray while she bleeds away. visiting hospitals is not forbidden. Pat was just silly here. The pastor may not necessarily have been fake, but just wrong application of faith. You must've heard the story of the pastor at Ibadan zoo.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by drsugar: 11:50am On Feb 13, 2017
As you are reading this right now, do you know that medically speaking, you can just slump and die suddenly right now even though you have been healthy all through your life up till now from some rare and funny causes. That's how fragile we are as humans.
We see ourselves more important in the scheme of creation than we are.

No single individual is very important to warrant all these miracles.
Your miracle will only come by either luck/chance or Hardwork. Our fate in this earth is no different from that of the ants.
Who cares if a ant dies or is amputated. Same goes for an individual.
Many things human beings cannot understand just like an ant cannot understand programming language.(even though ants might think they are also important in their own world)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by MYGODISGREAT(m): 11:51am On Feb 13, 2017
Prayer is the key to every situation. The prayer of the righteous is powerfully effective. I have seen numerous healing miracles God performed through prayers. I have seen cases of fibrod, mental disorder and many more which God healed permantly through prayers. One thing you must understand is that God answers prayers in 3 ways. When he give you YES for an answer you get what you prayed for. When he gives you NO for an answer, he has a better plan for you in future. When he gives you wait for an answer it means you have to be patient with him. God does not give yes to all prayers, he allows somethings to hapen for a purpose best known to him, because what he values most in a man is the state of his SOUL and not your physical body. OP, Please change your mindset and accept Jesus, believe the efficacy of prayers. Prayer has done wonders in the past and it's still performing great miracles today. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. EVEN THE MEDICAL Knowledge you have was given to you by God. So never doubt the power of God and the efficacy of prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by drnoel: 11:51am On Feb 13, 2017
innoken:
What's the essence of this post op?
To stop those that believe from believing?
Or spite Christianity?
Is it me or is the topic centered on christians with little reference to Islam or other traditional types?
No one can change a belief!
You opened this thread to convince yourself....
Religion is of the mind!!!
Miracles happen everyday even though we don't see it.
Even those that died......was a miracle!!!!!
Who knows what abomination might have been prevented from their deaths?
Just saying.........

I'm just a civil engineer

U are being myopic. If this post shakes ur faith then u never had one in the first place

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by akintom(m): 11:52am On Feb 13, 2017
Thawarplay:
But yall Doctor who you epp? As long as you still unable to find cure for SCD. Even if I want to admit that prayers can't epp. What about science?

Medication is doing a great job in the life of the SCD folks.

Health education is preventing folks from becoming victims of SCD.

Bone marrow transplant is the latest intervention, with curative effects.

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by AreaFada2: 11:52am On Feb 13, 2017
Setaje:
This same God healed someone I no of cancer wiv out even taking drugs or chemotherapy. This same God healed someone that had issue of blood for 5 years. Yes the person bled for five years. Wore pad everyday. I just laugh at you people. For as many unanswered prayers you no, there are many answered prayers to counter it. Whether you believe or not, I am a living testimony.

Any medical evidence of the previous diagnosis and what happened later/healing?

Psychologically, believing in a higher being is very comforting and offers hope. This positive/upbeat state of mind is actually good for overall health and immune system. And physiologically we know that the body itself is the biggest healer.

The body constantly fights disease causing processes daily. Like correcting errors in cell replication that otherwise could cause cancer. Displastic (pre-cancerous) cells are mopped up. Even cancerous (but encapsulated) tissue might still be arrested by the body.

A prof gave me an example: when he was a young medic, a man came into the clinic for his screening result. Diagnosis was cancer. But the patient wasn't even fazed by the announcement. The man left the clinic and never returned to commence treatment.

25 years later, the man/patient (now in his 70s) walked into the same clinic. Co-incidentally the young medic, now a prof and consultant was the doc on duty. The patient said he has not been to any hospital in 25 years. And the last time he came here 25 years ago, he was told he had cancer that could kill him. He said he lived everyday as if it would be his last, but 25 years on, he's still going fine. Then it struck the prof. He brought out the medical record from 25 years back. It was him for real!

This happened in the West. Suppose it was in Africa and he had seen his pastor for prayer 25 years back, it would be tagged a miracle.
Religion is a good thing. It preaches love & hope. But we Africans have turned it into "bread & butter" quick fix thing.

As for DM & HTN patients being told to discard medication by pastors, this is not a joke anymore o. It's getting out of hand. We have lost too many African people to stroke in the past few years. Even in diaspora. We cannot be creating premature widows, widowers & orphans because of some pastors' recklessness. In fact advising patients to stop treatment should be a serious criminal offence.

I remember this corpulent African lady who came in by ambulance. She had stopped her HTN medication. And was doing all this singing and dancing in the church one Sunday. With her hands in the air. suddenly she lost control of one hand, and suddenly was slumping to the ground when a medical personnel dancing next to her saw her droopy one side of face and her struggle and quickly grabbed her and sat her down.

She was left with life-changing physical impairment after rehab. No husband & no kids before that happened. Others I know didn't survive it. One was a senior pastor who died in the first week of this year 2017.

DM patients are having serious complications like retinopathy leading to visual impairment/blindness, neuropathy causing sores & amputations, nephropathy leading to kidney damage that would require dialysis/transplant, etc

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 11:58am On Feb 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I wonder why Christians give testimonies of Yahweh saving their lives; it seems Yahweh is doing lots of evil to them by sparing their lives since "To die is better than to live"

can you see why religion breeds suicide bombers?
I peed myself laughing, this is just hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Thawarplay(m): 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2017
akintom:

Medication is doing a great job in the life of the SCD folks.

Health education is preventing folks from becoming victims of SCD.

Bone marrow transplant is the latest intervention, with curative effects.

Who medication epp? And you talking about bone marrow transplant as if it's done every where and its as easy as ABC.

I'm saying now. Don't attack religious people as long as you sef don't have a way to solve their problems. At least God is still providing something.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by akintom(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2017
Thawarplay:

Who medication epp? And you talking about bone marrow transplant as if it's done every where and its as easy as ABC.

I'm saying now. Don't attack religious people as long as you sef don't have a way to solve their problems. At least God is still providing something.
I didn't provide this information because of you. It's meant for those who need it.

This is a public medium of enlightening people, so they wouldn't continue to suffer foolishly in the hands of ignorant religious folks.

6 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by 4thsense: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2017
Seun:

How did you know that your wife was dead? Did you check her pulse and heartbeat? (yes/no). Did you check her breathing? (yes/no).

Seun, but you believed all the atheistic views you push to the front page and doubt every fact put up to validate the words of your maker. You tell me at your age you do not know how to prove someone dead. I will not argue with you, you are not acting out of ignorance. I am fighting for the gullible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Churches & Mosques To Resume Services In Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Isues Guidelines / Nigerian Preacher Arrested For Public Disturbance In London(pics) / Love Oyedepo Welcomes Baby Girl (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.