Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

A Simple Question To All Atheist... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Question To All Atheist... (1746 Views)

I Dare All Atheist / Malaysian Minister Declares To Hunt Down All Atheist In The Country / All Atheist Must Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Question To All Atheist... by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 12, 2017
I will like to ask, out of curiosity perhaps, if as an atheist that does not believe in God, do you as well believe NOT in the existence of such things as demons, witchcraft, sorcery, witches, spirit beings and all whatnot that border on the celestial, and which are generally referred to as the Kingdom of Darkness, the opposers of the Kingdom of Light?

In simple terms, if you don't believe in God, the ruler of the kingdom of light, do you believe in Devil, the ruler of the kingdom of darkness, as well as his cohorts and their powers?

I ask this question because I implicitly, almost instinctively, believe that there cannot be one without the other.
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by Kyllahmc(m): 12:40am On Feb 12, 2017
Ladrang:
I will like to ask, out of curiosity perhaps, if as an atheist that does not believe in God, do you as well believe NOT in the existence of such things as demons, witchcraft, sorcery, witches, spirit beings and all whatnot that border on the celestial, and which are generally referred to as the Kingdom of Darkness, the opposers of the Kingdom of Light?

In simple terms, if you don't believe in God, the ruler of the kingdom of light, do you believe in Devil, the ruler of the kingdom of darkness, as well as his cohorts and their powers?

I ask this question because I implicitly, almost instinctively, believe that there cannot be one without the other.
They only exist in Nollywood.... If they have no reason to make their existence obvious.. Then I have no reason to believe they real.
I stand to be corrected, according to the Bible... when the Thomas guy doubted the resurrection of Jesus, he (Jesus) appeared to him physically in order to convince him.. He even allowed him(Thomas) to touch him! If he could do all that to convince just one dwarf back then... Whats stopping him from doing that again to convince billions of atheists all over the world?
Answer : Because there is no God anywere!
THINK!!! it's not illegal yet..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by HCpaul(m): 1:09am On Feb 12, 2017
Kyllahmc:
They only exist in Nollywood.... If they have no reason to make their existence obvious.. Then I have no reason to believe they real.
I stand to be corrected, according to the Bible... when the Thomas guy doubted the resurrection of Jesus, he (Jesus) appeared to him physically in order to convince him.. He even allowed him(Thomas) to touch him! If he could do all that to convince just one dwarf back then... Whats stopping him from doing that again to convince billions of atheists all over the world?

Well spoken my man.

I don't even have to touch him before knowing that he his real. I only need him to appear so that I can capture his image and picmix it with myPhone.

If he his tested and confirmed to be real, I will start worshipping him as that is not a big deal for me in spite of his weird standard.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by Kyllahmc(m): 1:20am On Feb 12, 2017
HCpaul:

Well spoken my man.

I don't even have to touch him before knowing that he his real. I only need him to appear so that I can capture his image and picmix it with myPhone.

If he his tested and confirmed to be real, I will start worshipping him as that is not a big deal for me in spite of his weird standard.
@ picmix grin
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by TeGaTeGa1(m): 1:40am On Feb 12, 2017
A
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by axeman2(m): 1:52am On Feb 12, 2017
ONLY A FOOL SAY'S THERE IS NO GOD
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by oteneaaron(m): 5:17am On Feb 12, 2017
Say you have doubts about God and christianity, and you'll be tagged a demon.

Question what the church says, and you'll be tagged an apostate and an enemy of the church.

Without fear, ignorance, gullibility, confused priority, and misplaced faith,.........
Religion will instantly become extinct.

But we are a long way from that beautiful time, when everyone is free from the shackles of religion........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by donnffd(m): 10:42am On Feb 12, 2017
The only thing more childish than having an imaginary friend in the sky is having an imaginary enemy in the ground...

4 Likes

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 12, 2017
My step-grand mother was actually a verified witch, though she renounced before she died.

Whoever does not believe that there's more than just this physical state of existence has not grown up yet.
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by onetrack(m): 11:03am On Feb 12, 2017
I don't know of any atheist who believes that Satan, evil spirits, ghosts, and witches exist.

However if someone could just produce some evidence that could be tested and proven under scientific conditions, and then replicated by other scientists, I think many of us could be convinced. I'm still waiting.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 12, 2017
donnffd:
The only thing more childish than having an imaginary friend in the sky is having an imaginary enemy in the ground...

Guy abeg no use laugh kill me jare, I don't have strength this morning. No mind them religious folks with their imaginary community.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by laurenziz6(m): 11:14am On Feb 12, 2017
Kyllahmc:

Psalm 14:1 the fool has said in his heart there is no God
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by jonbellion(m): 11:36am On Feb 12, 2017
laurenziz6:

Psalm 14:1 the fool has said in his heart there is no God
don't you think it's dumb quoting bible verses to people who don't believe in the bible undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by laurenziz6(m): 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
jonbellion:
don't you think it's dumb quoting bible verses to people who don't believe in the bible undecided

There will come a time In ur future when you will remember all this and you will be sorry I promise you.
Repent before its too late.
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by akintom(m): 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ladrang:

the same way, there can't be god without ignorance, irrational fears, illusion, and delusion.

If you can out grow these emotions, god idea will evaporate from your life.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by oglalasioux(m): 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
Witches, wizards, witchcraft itself. Dreams, prophecies, demons and gods. Then the devil itself. OP wants to know if atheists believe in the existence of gods and devils.

We believe in the miracles of the electromagnetism that works the brain of living things. We believe the same phenomenon works our radios, televisions and phones. We believe it's the same ether that works witches and wizards, demons and angels, gods and devils.

If you see this post, OP, believe in those things you listed. It's the same way this message will get to you that your village witch operates. It all boils down to electromagnetism. Mankind just invented gods and devils to mask their evil use of the forces of the universe.
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by jonbellion(m): 12:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
laurenziz6:

There will come a time In ur future when you will remember all this and you will be sorry I promise you.
Repent before its too late.
lol

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by oglalasioux(m): 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
onetrack:
I don't know of any atheist who believes that Satan, evil spirits, ghosts, and witches exist.

However if someone could just produce some evidence that could be tested and proven under scientific conditions, and then replicated by other scientists, I think many of us could be convinced. I'm still waiting.

Evidence number one;

Let's start from the simple to the complex.

How does wireless microphones work?

When we answer that we can relate it to prayers and our brains.

Another question;

How does the images we see on TV, especially during live broadcast, come out even with sound?

The answer might make us understand dreams, visions and prophecies.

Third question;

Can photons exist in more than one place at the same time? Can separate photons from same particle still be interacting with each other no matter the distance?

If yes then that might explain why native doctors demand a piece of clothing, picture or anything of someone they want to harm.

Physics is witchcraft. Witchcraft is physics.
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by hahn(m): 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ladrang:

No, I don't but there are some atheists who believe in such

See ehn, the devil is to god as Lex Luthor is to superman. Every story trying to portray a hero needs a villain. Without the devil there would be no need for god.

Also, you have to remember that your god is responsible for all the evil on earth since it created devil knowing devil would cause chaos. In fact god has committed more atrocities, as depicted in the bible, than the devil ever has and will.

Besides, everything is god's will, right? So all the pain and suffering in the world are also god's will

I already answered this. Every hero needs a villain

It is common with a lot of fairytales and myths

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by onetrack(m): 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
oglalasioux:

Evidence number one;

Let's start from the simple to the complex.

How does wireless microphones work?

When we answer that we can relate it to prayers and our brains.

Another question;

How does the images we see on TV, especially during live broadcast, come out even with sound?

The answer might make us understand dreams, visions and prophecies.

Third question;

Can photons exist in more than one place at the same time? Can separate photons from same particle still be interacting with each other no matter the distance?

If yes then that might explain why native doctors demand a piece of clothing, picture or anything of someone they want to harm.

Physics is witchcraft. Witchcraft is physics.

One can be explained, detected, and analyzed using scientific principles. The other (witchcraft) cannot. This is a critical difference, and makes such a comparison invalid.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
Kyllahmc:

In a nutshell, you don't believe in God because there is no proof of him. You equally do not believe in the devil and demon and witches even, because the manifestation of their powers has not been experienced by you. But don't you think this is rather too simplistic? Don't you think there's more to this physical world? Don't you think there are powers greater than the power of men?

I think what you seek to believe in the existence of God or the devil is not proof; if it were, you would have long believed. Our world is littered with numerous pieces of evidence of the existence of a supreme being.

Just as you've cited and commented on Thomas's unbelief, Fyodor Dosteyvsky said something too. He said, "Besides, proofs are no help to believing, especially material proofs. Thomas believed, not because he saw Christ risen, but because he wanted to believe, before he saw. " Somehow, I can't but agree with what he said.

If God where to show himself to you, you still won't believe. There is something about believe, it is like a preset heart configuration.
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
oteneaaron:
Say you have doubts about God and christianity, and you'll be tagged a demon.

Question what the church says, and you'll be tagged an apostate and an enemy of the church.

Without fear, ignorance, gullibility, confused priority, and misplaced faith,.........
Religion will instantly become extinct.

But we are a long way from that beautiful time, when everyone is free from the shackles of religion........

You are, I must say, wide off the mark. Your rhetoric has missed the point. It is not religion we are talking about, rather the existence of supreme, celestial beings and powers - that is, your beliefs. You can believe outside religion.
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
hahn:

No, I don't but there are some atheists who believe in such

See ehn, the devil is to god as Lex Luthor is to superman. Every story trying to portray a hero needs a villain. Without the devil there would be no need for god.

Also, you have to remember that your god is responsible for all the evil on earth since it created devil knowing devil would cause chaos. In fact god has committed more atrocities, as depicted in the bible, than the devil ever has and will.

Besides, everything is god's will, right? So all the pain and suffering in the world are also god's will

I already answered this. Every hero needs a villain

It is common with a lot of fairytales and myths

Nice analogy, I must say. But it is no more than what it is: a mere analogy. What life says is we must believe. What you now believe in is left to you.

About the cause of evil in the world, that's a topic for another time.
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by avaa(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
HCpaul:

Well spoken my man.

Not so fast man. If he claims to be the bible god, I have a list of things he'd have to do before I believe him. If he scaled my test, the next thing is to find a way of arresting that monster. Dude drowned the whole world for mess's sake. He needs to answer for all those monstrosities he did in the bible.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by hahn(m): 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ladrang:

Nice analogy, I must say. But it is no more than what it is: a mere analogy.

Just like the story of god and jesus are mere fabricated stories

What life says is we must believe. What you now believe in is left to you.

Life told you or your parents and pastor did undecided

About the cause of evil in the world, that's a topic for another time.

tongue

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by hahn(m): 2:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
axeman2:
ONLY A FOOL SAY'S THERE IS NO GOD

This was said by the fool who believed in something without evidence smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by iSpirit1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 15, 2017
Well, I'm just wondering how comes there are atheists. How do you account for phenomenons which are beyond the scope of science?

1. Science is yet to find a cure to HIV/Aids; but, many have been healed of HIV/Aids without taking any medications.

2. The 1st Law of Thermodynamics states that, "In a closed system, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. But can only be transformed from one for to another". The same goes for matter. The Universe is a closed system. Now, How did matter and energy come into being in the Universe? If there was ever a time when there was NOTHING, then there can always be NOTHING except an external force comes into play.

3. According to the LAW OF CAUSE AND EFFECT, "for every material effect, there's an equivalent material cause before it." My Question is, what caused the Universe? Oh! Maybe the Big Bang did. Then, since the Big Bang is a material effect too. Then I ask, What caused the Big Bang?

Think!!!
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by frank317: 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ladrang:

how does believing in kingdom of darkness change the fact that it takes me and you to make the world a better place. How does it change the fact that we have to work hard to make a living and take care of our loved ones.

people have been believing in different kind of shits but thats ur head messing u up. believe or no believe, there is no much difference between u and me
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by frank317: 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2017
iSpirit1:
Well, I'm just wondering how comes there are atheists. How do you account for phenomenons which are beyond the scope of science?

1. Science is yet to find a cure to HIV/Aids; but, many have been healed of HIV/Aids without taking any medications.

2. The 1st Law of Thermodynamics states that, "In a closed system, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. But can only be transformed from one for to another". The same goes for matter. The Universe is a closed system. Now, How did matter and energy come into being in the Universe? If there was ever a time when there was NOTHING, then there can always be NOTHING except an external force comes into play.

3. According to the LAW OF CAUSE AND EFFECT, "for every material effect, there's an equivalent material cause before it." My Question is, what caused the Universe? Oh! Maybe the Big Bang did. Then, since the Big Bang is a material effect too. Then I ask, What caused the Big Bang?

Think!!!

you have so many questions but no answer... what exactly makes u think your are smarter by making up an answer without evidence. Is there anything in admitting ignorance of questions u have no answers to?
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by iSpirit1(m): 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
frank317:

how does believing in kingdom of darkness change the fact that it takes me and you to make the world a better place. How does it change the fact that we have to work hard to make a living and take care of our loved ones.

people have been believing in different kind of shits but thats ur head messing u up. believe or no believe, there is no much difference between u and me
Pardon! I do not get your point(s). Those questions are for the atheists. Lets start from there. Perhaps, answering those questions will lead us somewhere.
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by HardMirror(m): 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
iSpirit1:

Think!!!
So what is the cause?
Re: A Simple Question To All Atheist... by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ladrang:

View images below

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing: See Why The Best Religion In The World Rejected The Award / Shag The Sheikh: Post Your Favourite 'against-islam Atheist' Memes / Please Who Knows The Interpretation Of This Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.