Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? (810 Views)

Bashing Of The Atheists So Thrilling / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Why Do Christians Fear Atheists So Much ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
Seriously. 99% of atheists. undecided

There is so much pain in your words.

Why can't you stand hearing the word "God"?

Why do some get aggressive towards preachers? I was watching on TV once an atheist came to a STREET preacher and started shouting him down. I mean, what is hard in walking away peacefully?

What's going on inside some of you people.

Lastly, why are most of you angry at God?

Btw - I've met one nice atheist. I don't know what he's doing on the dark side. He was my teacher and mixed abit of atheism in his lectures about our national symbols, etc.

Oluwasheon, don't hide this thread. It's written out of care and concern Honest questions that would be asked anybody.

To any angry atheists - feel free to take it out on me here grin tongue
Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by thesicilian: 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
They lack that true inner peace that only Christ can give.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by divinehand2003(m): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
Because they lack Jesus Christ who is the Prince of Peace

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by Mouthgag: 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
Muafrika2:
Seriously. 99% of atheists. undecided

There is so much pain in your words.

Why can't you stand hearing the word "God"?

Why do some get aggressive towards preachers? I was watching on TV once an atheist came to a STREET preacher and started shouting him down. I mean, what is hard in walking away peacefully?

What's going on inside some of you people.

Lastly, why are most of you angry at God?

Btw - I've met one nice atheist. I don't know what he's doing on the dark side. He was my teacher and mixed abit of atheism in his lectures about our national symbols, etc.

Oluwasheon, don't hide this thread. It's written out of care and concern Honest questions that would be asked anybody.

To any angry atheists - feel free to take it out on me here grin tongue
Don't worry, you won't be noticed.
Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
Mouthgag:

Don't worry, you won't be noticed.
By who? An angry atheist? undecided
Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by hopefulLandlord: 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2017
Contrary to popular belief, atheists are, apparently, not any more angry than the average Joe. According to the abstract of a recent 2014 review of 7 studies on the subject that was published in the Journal of Psychology:

The prevalence and accuracy of angry-atheist perceptions were examined in 7 studies with 1,677 participants from multiple institutions and locations in the United States. Studies 1–3 revealed that people believe atheists are angrier than believers, people in general, and other minority groups, both explicitly and implicitly. Studies 4–7 then examined the accuracy of these beliefs. Belief in God, state anger, and trait anger were assessed in multiple ways and contexts. None of these studies supported the idea that atheists are particularly angry individuals. Rather, these results support the idea that people believe atheists are angry individuals, but they do not appear to be angrier than other individuals in reality.

n other words, the perception that atheists are angry seems to have nothing to do with atheists, and everything to do with believers. We are not atheists because we are naturally angry people, and our grievances against Christianity are more likely to be actual grievances.

Source: Patheos

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by johnydon22(m): 2:27pm On Feb 12, 2017
why not start mentioning such atheists here, you mentioned a staggering 99% so it shouldnt be hard to validate this claim ... why not start mentioning the names of such atheists here..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
"99% of atheists" "most of you" rhetoric without actual fact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by hahn(m): 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
Yes. Atheists are angry people

We are angry, first of all, at ourselves for believing all that nonsense about god

We are angry that we are in a country were people place wishful thinking and faith over reason and action

We are angry that Nigerians believe in a god that was not created by or for them but instead was used as a weapon of mind control and also mental as well as physical enslavement

We are angry that our fellow citizens will rather "pray for the nation" than actually do something to change their ways. For instance, all streets close to major churches will be filled with litter after service from "born again" christians who do not know how to use waste bins

We are angry that despite all the prayer Nigeria has only gone from bad to worse as a nation and are ranked among the poorest nations in the world

We are angry that some of our family members buy this bullshit and allow themselves to be exploited of their hard earned money under the guise of tithes and offering

We are angry at people who knock on our doors, preach with speakers when we are trying to sleep or threaten us with hell fire in a bid to promote a story that is totally fabricated, ridiculous and shameful

We are angry at Christians who praise god when a fire burns a building down killing people and only a bible is saved

We are angry at all the nonsense exhibited by Christians like eating grass, drinking dettol and allowing themselves to be trampled upon

etc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by Devices(m): 3:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
The reason is because they are losing more members day by day, simple as that.
Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by avaa(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
Devices:
The reason is because they are losing more members day by day, simple as that.

That felt good didn't it? Keep living in delusion.
Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by akintom(m): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
It's an abnormality, psychologically, for a mentally normal human being, not to feel nauseated, repulsive and angry at the painful consequences of thoughts and actions, that are based on assumptions and ignorance.

It will be a pleasant experience for a deluded guy to observe the following:

* refuse blood transfusion and die. Because a story book says don't eat blood.

* refuse CS and get the baby and mother killed. Because the story book says Hebrew women delivered before midwife got to them.

* reject doctors diagnosis and die. Because the story book says that God's report is Supreme.

Idiocy is an act of rejecting reason on the basis of blind faith.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by JackBizzle: 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
self-refuting thread.

I like how this thread destroyed itself. None of the atheists on this thread were aggressive.....and neither did they care!

Sweet!

Edit- Akintom, you dey fall hand seriously.
Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by finofaya: 8:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
And yet atheists are the ones worried about revealing their atheism to their theist families, friends and acquaintances, with good reason. OP, pull your parents legs by telling them you're atheist and observe how they react to your disclosure without anger and aggression. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by orunto27: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
Good question.
Atheists are always wrongly angry and aggressive because they don't know or want to know Jesus Christ The Righteous, and The Author of Peace and Love.
Re: Why Are Many Atheists So Angry And Aggressive? by MizMyColi(f): 11:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
JackBizzle's turning a new leaf.
Here's wishing you sufficient Harvest this season.

Greetings!
grin

(1) (Reply)

Orisas Possession ~ Divine Possession / Shocking!! An Owl Turns Into A Woman In Akonwojo Lagos State: See Photos / Do You See Anything Wrong With This Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.