Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor (987 Views)

The Recruitment Process Of The Big Four Accounting Firms In Nigeria / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? / Help Between Traveling Abroad OR Running A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello,

I am currently in my final year and have about seven months left to graduation, I hold the ATSWA qualification and currently preparing to write the skill diet of ICAN May this year. My parents are advising I do my masters first after graduation before starting to work, but the problem is, I did an internship at KPMG a year back and got a lot of exposure to the corporate world and auditing. Now I am excited about taking a shot at working there as soon as I graduate.
My fear is what if I don't get in, and a masters is 18months, roughly two years, meaning I'd already be 26 when I get back.
Although I am a prospective first class student, I am not that excited about sitting in a classroom and learning in a lecture settings. I am more drawn to practical experience.
Please my question is, should I go for the MSc, or take a shot at landing a big four job, which i am not certain of getting?
Thanks.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by MOSTEC(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2017
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by bobogee007(m): 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
Go for yr MSc.
You shouldn't leave what you are sure of for uncertainty
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by tukdi: 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2017
Please rush for your masters degree Asap!

Don't even think twice! cool

*Bsc

*Msc

*ICAN

*NYSC

Guy I dey envy u asway! grin
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
tukdi:
Please rush for your masters degree Asap!

Don't even think twice! cool

*Bsc

*Msc

*ICAN

*NYSC

Guy I dey envy u asway! grin

That means I can't go for the big four anymore
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
CrazyMan, 1forall... cc
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by arnoldbaba: 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
it is so sure for you that if you can come out with First Class as you claimed scholarship is waiting for you with Chinese govt contact me
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by tukdi: 7:48am On Feb 14, 2017
optimusmind:

That means I can't go for the big four anymore
Yeah! cool
You'll go after getting Msc, ICAN & NYSC!

Msc is very important in Nija now o!
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by peacenaija(m): 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
arnoldbaba:
it is so sure for you that if you can come out with First Class as you claimed scholarship is waiting for you with Chinese govt contact me

Good day sir, i also graduated with first class in accounting and a serving corp member, I'd be glad if you can help me as regards the Chinese scholarship.. thanks. this is my email. hyzichbayo@gmail.com
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by sholay2011(m): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
Why is your dream limited to the 'Big Four'? And who said you can't get a job in one of the Big Four abroad after your MSc?
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
sholay2011:
Why is your dream limited to the 'Big Four'? And who said you can't get a job in one of the Big Four abroad after your MSc?
I'd be 26 by the time I'm comings back, and there's the age limit issue.
I want to practice auditing, what better place to start than the big four?
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by sholay2011(m): 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
optimusmind:

I'd be 26 by the time I'm comings back, and there's the age limit issue.
I want to practice auditing, what better place to start than the big four?
Well, since auditing is your focus, then the Big Four it is. But the Big Four dey outside Nigeria too nah (in a case where you travel abroad go studying). Just think carefully before making your final decision. And pray about it.
Re: Pls Advice A Nairalander, MSc Accountancy Abroad Or A Shot @The Big Four Auditor by potbelly(m): 11:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
You can apply for jobs while awaiting your masters program... If you get a good job... Please take it... Jobs are scarce bro and certifications are no match to experience... Experience is very valuable... If you are lucky, you could even get a study leave to go for your msc...

(1) (Reply)

GIS Training In Portharcourt Using ARCGIS / . / Highlights Of The Pension Reform Act (PRA) 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.