Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,364 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:12 PM

The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) (42082 Views)

GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State / A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / 179KG Yam Harvested In Akokwa, Imo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Zabilon007(m): 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
Pavore9:

"Over opportunity"! grin

As onions can be preserved up to 10 months while still retaining its flavour.

How so?
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by slurryeye: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

due to the extreme heat ravaging the northern part of Nigeria, the lands there are fast turning to desert. lands are becoming dry, moisture content in the soil becoming inadequate to harbour plant and their yields.

There is what is called irrigation to take care of the extreme heat, dry soil and moisture content. And for encroachment of the desert, I expect the federal government to have embarked on several Afforestation programs by now
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Haslil878(m): 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

due to the extreme heat ravaging the northern part of Nigeria, the lands there are fast turning to desert. lands are becoming dry, moisture content in the soil becoming inadequate to harbour plant and their yields. not forgetting the sand storm that blows over crops.
the north is in danger of becoming a desert bro, while the south has to deal with flooding.
are you blind? Does this particular place look like desert in your EYE?

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 13, 2017
friedcorn:
Hausa better than yoruba and igbo. Religion is their problem
please drop your phone and go to sleep

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by iambijo(m): 8:13pm On Feb 13, 2017
marshalcarter:
WISH to live in the north
when ever you are ready holla me
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Pavore9: 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2017
Zabilon007:

How so?

Info litters the internet.
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by iambijo(m): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
joinnow:

Prepare to be slaughter like fowl.....
Whenever there is religion riot
too much negativity in you, like you've ever been to north, sokoto,kebbi,zamfara since year 2000 there's nothing lyk wat u are saying

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
last35:
mumu
NA REAL MUMU, CONFIRMED ONE FOR THAT MATTER.
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2017
Pavore9:

As onions can be preserved up to 10 months while still retaining its flavour.
Tell me something!
This requires some feasibility study o!
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Limitless72(m): 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
MOSTEC:
Eye go dey pepper dem for dat side wela oo

Khai...their women go sabi cry ooooooo
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by dacovajnr: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
Alalubosa comes to mind again grin cheesy
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by mikolo80: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
slurryeye:
Federal government is not optimizing northern lands for agriculture

They have massive land area that can feed the whole nation, and even have excess to export for revenue
why don't you? Stop waiting for govt. Theso babas no send us
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Pavore9: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

Tell me something!
This requires some feasibility study o!

Do some Google search.
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by stasius: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
I love Kebbi state!

They Sabi agriculture Meeehn! That is where i saw the biggest watermelon farm. Kebbi people can farm Shaaa.
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by daxon001(m): 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
Abeg pipulu .. Wat is the health benefit of onion sef? I know one is watering the eyes
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by lonelydora: 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
That's true. Yauri is the biggest market for onions. I did my NYSC in Kebbi. I visited the market
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
Pavore9:

Do some Google search.
Google search ke?
Bro, I was on the phone with someone (that's speaks hausa) who will get to Kebbi this weekend! No money for lazy man o
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Opakan2: 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
It has to be North.. Those guys are blessed agriculture wise

If only their leaders could be half sincere, but no.. greedy people everywhere
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by realnas(m): 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
cool Hausa people are really hard working people but for their Anger,killing/Terrorism. But some people will Sidon FOR OGBETE, ARIARA market they produce fake gasoline, fake malt,coke.God is watching una
so much for the "jews" of africa

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by ebubenmuo(f): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
marshalcarter:
WISH to live in the north
guy north sweet ooo wela with #500 u will make a pot of soup dat will last u at least 2days i was born n brought up in the north everything cheap i mean cheap well well
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by VeniJu: 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
last35:
mumu
The Mumuism get degree..
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Btruth: 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
joinnow:

Haba! What kind of comment is this? Meanwhile, Kebbi & Sokoto state are not known for violence. They are the really Hausas, and tolerate visitors.
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Pavore9: 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

Google search ke?
Bro, I was on the phone with someone (that's speaks hausa) who will get to Kebbi this weekend! No money for lazy man o

I meant how to effectively store it for such duration.
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by delivryboy: 8:35pm On Feb 13, 2017
joinnow:

Don't you ever get tired of cheap propaganda? I'm not Hausa but I grew up in the northern Nigeria, it is arguably the most secured region, I live in the south south now and you can never compare the level of insecurity in the south south and the north. Not to talk about the level of productivity in the north compared with the south. The north is safe and productive.

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by pawesome(m): 8:35pm On Feb 13, 2017
joinnow:

c ya lyf? so us wey d north n dem neva slaughter us nkoh... Go get a lyf

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by azimibraun: 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2017
MOSTEC:
Eye go dey pepper dem for dat side wela oo
How Economy wan take grow with dis kind of ur reasoning bros? I think say you wan talk say eye wey see go invest in onion biz o!

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Btruth: 8:38pm On Feb 13, 2017
See serious minded and able men working like a machine in the pictures. Yet, some area boys and Omo-onile will be creating nuisance around.

Thump up for the government of Kebbi state for encouraging agriculture in large magnitude. I won't be surprise soon, if Kebbi state turn to the "Food Basket" of the nation.

I hope my state governor will borrow some sense in this. Governor Amosun, naa you I dey talk to oooo.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
friedcorn:
Hausa better than yoruba and igbo. Religion is their problem

So what is the solution
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by azimibraun: 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
daxon001:
Abeg pipulu .. Wat is the health benefit of onion sef? I know one is watering the eyes
E dey give. Blood and d oda room juice .. hehehehehehehe.... just kidding. but for street anything wey people no sabi d health benefit dem go simply just say e dey give blood or e dey wash everything inside belle..
Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Btruth: 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
Pavore9:

I meant how to effectively store it for such duration.
it only needs to be dried well in the sun before storage. And the first layer I believed shouldn't be peeled out at all.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by azimibraun: 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2017
carmag:

So what is the solution
Give dem religion and a new neighbour called Biafra.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) by Btruth: 8:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
carmag:

So what is the solution
to re-educate and re-orientate them. But that will be for their Muslim scholars to do. As from "Ile-Kewu"

And they should be allowed to study the Quran well by themselves like the Bible. So, it won't be the "hear & do" always from their alfas or imams.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods / Tomato Glut Hits Katsina Markets As Price Drop To N300 From N5, 000 Per Basket / Plastic Tanks For Catfish Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.