Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? (11776 Views)

Suspected Third Party Insurance Scam / Car Accident Insurance, What You Should Know / 5 Benefits Of Third Party Motor Insurance You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by koksybrown: 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
They say ignorance is a disease and i hate disease with passion. I ran into a Brandnew 2017 Ford Focus carefully parked on the road side. cry Now i and the owner are at Coscharis to fix it. The bill is something.
What does my Third Party Insurance Cover? Someone should pls help me and others out here.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by joinnow: 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
I dont think it cover anything oooo
Just paper so police can not arrest u for driving without one.

Think about it what will 5k cover na
Panel beater, broken light or what

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
koksybrown:
They say ignorance is a disease and i hate disease with passion. I ran into a Brandnew 2017 Ford Focus carefully parked on the road side. cry Now i and the owner are at Coscharis to fix it. The bill is something.
What does my Third Party Insurance Cover? Someone should pls help me and others out here.

You have a 500k limit.

I hope you can access it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by makavele: 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

You have a 500k limit.

I hope you can access it.

if it is even original, in the 1st place . . .
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by timifakay(m): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2017
I'm not sure what it covers but I presume it won't cover the labour charge of Coscharis on a 2017 car body work(if it's that one of ₦5,000).
By the way, what car do you drive?

3 Likes

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by yakbauer: 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
This is a very valid question that the OP posted, I've always wanted to know what this our 5k third party insurance covers, coz it bothers me that we pay 5k every year to renew it and we don't even know how and when to access it.
Pls any knowledgeable person in the house should help us break it down in lay man's terms

4 Likes

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
koksybrown:

https://www.confused.com/motor-insurance/get-covered/third-party-fire-and-theft-insurance

general meaning of a third party

it cover the person you hit when you are at wrong meaning it doesnt cover you when you are a wrong simply meaning lets say you hit someone and you being at fault the insurance will cover the cost of repair of that damage car and yours you foot the bill from your own pocket

the general rules of insurance is every car on road must be insured so that in an accident scenario cost of repairs etc repairs bill etc will be always passed on person who is wrong and if you are insured that wont be a problem your insurance company will foot the bill based the insurance you took

12 Likes

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by koksybrown: 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
timifakay:
I'm not sure what it covers but I presume it won't cover the labour charge of Coscharis on a 2017 car body work(if it's that one of ₦5,000).
By the way, what car do you drive?
Mine is a Honda Accord 2007
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by driand(m): 6:59am On Feb 15, 2017
Nothing, just a kind of 'let my people go'

9 Likes

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by dhardline(m): 7:03am On Feb 15, 2017
Covers damages to the third party(car/property) to the tune of 1million naira.

But if your own car is damaged you'll have to cover the cost your self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by AntiWailer: 7:04am On Feb 15, 2017
3rd party ke.
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by soberdrunk(m): 7:05am On Feb 15, 2017
How can you run into "brand new 2017 Ford focus"? How!! You nor see camry pencil light or honda baby boy to run into? angry Well it has happened, it has happened, as for 'insurance', if its those fake "Agricultural co-operative" union insurance that you have, my brother dont bother! Eg-----

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by mabelly: 7:06am On Feb 15, 2017
A
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by stlken: 7:07am On Feb 15, 2017
it covers the damages to other vehicles on the road and not your own vehicle however there will be no compensation if the affected vehicle does not have a valid insurance.

for instance, if you damage someone vehicle and the vehicle you damage has a valid insurance.
the insurance company will repair the vehicle and you will be free from debt.

1 Like

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by dhardline(m): 7:07am On Feb 15, 2017
koksybrown:

If your third part is valid take pictures of the damage, get a police report and go with your insurance certificate to the insurance company. If they refuse to respond to your claim then report to NAICOM asap.

9 Likes

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by Toniwirelex: 7:08am On Feb 15, 2017
my signature
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by dokunbam(m): 7:10am On Feb 15, 2017
yakbauer:
This is a very valid question that the OP posted, I've always wanted to know what this our 5k third party insurance covers, coz it bothers me that we pay 5k every year to renew it and we don't even know how and when to access it.
Pls any knowledgeable person in the house should help us break it down in lay man's terms

Someone should break it down
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by olusd(m): 7:10am On Feb 15, 2017
koksybrown:

If the 3rd party you did is valid, you have a cover to tune of #500,000.
I hope u took the picture of the accident? Go to the insurance company and process your claim.
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by Mouthgag: 7:12am On Feb 15, 2017
In Nigeria, it covers nothing because tgey will delay and frustrate you if you try to want to claim anything.
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by HAH: 7:14am On Feb 15, 2017
One of the biggest fraud in the Nigeria insurance sector is the third party insurance, they collect billions for free and do nothing in reurn, this most probably made people not to pursue it but op can open our eyes to see if they pay, in my about 20 years of driving I have not heard of anyone paid by third party insurance, it only use for me is for police, FRSC and ViO, comprehensive insurance I have seen many benefit from but not third party

1 Like

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by olaezebala: 7:14am On Feb 15, 2017
book
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by austinooo(m): 7:16am On Feb 15, 2017
Third Party Insurance cover is not 500,000.00 as posted above. The extent of cover is One Million Naira (N1,000,000.00) property damage while Bodily injury and death is unlimited.

1 Like

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by shollywhite17: 7:21am On Feb 15, 2017
it covers third party to a cover of 500k. i av got claims on it from aiico for several clients. call me on 08055924750 if you need more detail.
cheers.

1 Like

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by fkj950ax(m): 7:37am On Feb 15, 2017
joinnow:
I dont think it cover anything oooo
Just paper so police can not arrest u for driving without one.

Think about it what will 5k cover na
Panel beater, broken light or what

You obviously don't know mow insurance works.
How much should premium be if you think 5k is meagre?

It gives you up to N500k limit of repairs.

Nigerians prefer to fight at car crashes instead of accessing the insurance

2 Likes

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by fkj950ax(m): 7:39am On Feb 15, 2017
HAH:
One of the biggest fraud in the Nigeria insurance sector is the third party insurance, they collect billions for free and do nothing in reurn, this most probably made people not to pursue it but op can open our eyes to see if they pay, in my about 20 years of driving I have not heard of anyone paid by third party insurance, it only use for me is for police, FRSC and ViO, comprehensive insurance I have seen many benefit from but not third party

In Donald Trumps voice "FAKE NEWS"
This is all false. You ought to remove this post
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by shollywhite17: 7:41am On Feb 15, 2017
you dont have to carry a fake insurance. if apprehended you ll be fine 20k by vio or other law enforcement.
just log on to www.askniid.org and input your plate number ,it will show if your car carries an authentic insurance. ask iid is the database for all vehicle insurance in nigeria so its easy for law enforcement guys to nab you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by Justiyke4u: 7:45am On Feb 15, 2017
Please contact your insurance company and whereby they refuse to indemnify you please contact your lawyer.
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by robosky02(m): 7:47am On Feb 15, 2017
third party insurance:

In Nigeria, it is compulsory to have motor insurance before using or keeping a motor vehicle on public roads. However, since most Nigerians buy insurance just to get cleared from law enforcement agents on the roads, they choose to go for third party motor insurance which is a lot cheaper than comprehensive policy.

Consequently, because of the preconceived notions that third party policy is just to beat law enforcement agents, many don’t realize that a third party policy is actually legal and indemnifies the insured from third party losses. Unfortunately, a lot of accidented vehicles which ordinarily would have been repaired by the insurance company are borne by the car owners.

How third party works For a third party motor policy, the first party is you; the second party is the insurance company while the third party is everyone else. So third party motor insurance means that if you damage (crash into) someone else’s vehicle, the insurance pays the owner of that vehicle (the third party), or more importantly if you injure someone else with your vehicle, the insurance pays. Third party liability coverage is part of your basic motor policy and covers you for claims made against you by other drivers after a crash.

for more contact me

1 Like

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by rasazee(m): 7:49am On Feb 15, 2017
if ur 3rd party car insurance is genuine from a reputable insurance company,just contact them. it covers up to like 500k-1m in some cases involving the 3rd party. nothing will be done to ur own car o. u will neeed to provide pics,witness(es) and police report b4 u can get d claim. u can repair d damage car first then go for ur claim later cos it might take a while
Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by Pamelayoung: 7:50am On Feb 15, 2017
This is very informative, i didn't knw a 3rd party insurance could cover up to 500k. Would appreciate more of this kind of thread on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? by SeyiOmoOba: 7:53am On Feb 15, 2017
koksybrown:

IF YOU GOT A GENUINE THIRD PARTY INSURANCE CERTIFICATE FROM A REPUTABLE INSURANCE COMPANY, IT COVERS BOTH YOUR VEHICLE AND THE 'OTHER VEHICLE'
AT LEAST I KNOW OF LEADWAY ASSURANCE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Driving Requirements For Tourists And Visitors In Nigeria / Best Way To Drive Cars With Automatic Transmission Engines / How Much Do U Spend On Your Car Monthly Or Annually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.