Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:00 PM

Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG (12892 Views)

Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Okorocha Rejects Appointment Given To His Daughter, Uju Rochas Anwuka By FG / When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by KingSHUAIBU(m): 7:13am On Feb 14, 2017
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has launched a mobile application that will aid anonymous whistle blowing for corrupt practices happening both within government agencies and parastatal as well as the private sectors.

The chairman of the commission, Ekpo Nta launched the App in Abuja on February 13, 2017.

The App called ‘Wahala Dey’ is available on android mobiles, blackberry mobiles and windows mobiles and can be downloaded at no cost to users.

Nta while addressing newsmen shortly before the launch stated that criminal activities can only thrive when an opportunity to act is provided. He added that the commission will take proactive measures to block leakages in public and private sectors through which corrupt practices can be perpetuated.

“Corruption is a global and cross boarder problem that has far-reaching consequences on nations and societies. Nigeria is not an exception. As we grapple with the challenges of reducing corruption in the polity, we must recognize that this criminal activity thrives on opportunity to commit the act, he said.”

Nta added that the App (Wahala Dey) is in-line with the commission’s drive towards harnessing technological solutions to fighting corruption in Nigeria.

In his words, “We champion the provision of technological solutions to corruption, one of which is the recently launched e-portal pssp.gov.ng for greater transparency and accountability in Nigeria’s ports sector.”

He urged the public to join hands with the commission, adding that only in partnership can corrupt-free Nigeria be achieved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYazgkUrf8

Source:https://oak.tv/govt-launches-app-whistle-blowing-app-nigeria/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Deapexboy(m): 7:16am On Feb 14, 2017
Ok... them try

4 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 14, 2017
Let the whistle blowing begin

15 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by MrMoRitz: 7:19am On Feb 14, 2017
Nice move by the FG

11 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 14, 2017
Whistle will now be very expensive grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by thaoriginator: 7:22am On Feb 14, 2017
Since dem want everybody to turn refree me I go like be Colina. Best whistle blower ever..

#KillCorruption

4 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:28am On Feb 14, 2017
Oladimejyy:
A pastor's toddler will play with his dad's phone and post 'skfgs uihciojhfkx' online. The members will still reply 'Amen I receive'. What are you receiving?

My guy your post and your gifs do not make any sort of sense! Just kindly go and beg your smally and stop wasting your mb like this! grin

12 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Mcowubaba: 7:29am On Feb 14, 2017
Can the Application be used to report a cheating girlfriend or unfaithful husband...
I'm seriously looking for such app

5 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by omenkaLives(m): 7:31am On Feb 14, 2017
Now we are taking the war to the thieves!

God bless Nigeria!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Realdeals(m): 7:36am On Feb 14, 2017
Whistle blowing now a business.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by StOla: 7:47am On Feb 14, 2017
This is good.

Not just whistling about crimes that are valued at millions of dollars, but also small scale corruption in the civil service, both at federal and state levels.

13 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by espn(m): 7:56am On Feb 14, 2017
Oladimejyy:
A pastor's toddler will play with his dad's phone and post 'skfgs uihciojhfkx' online. The members will still reply 'Amen I receive'. What are you receiving?
lol na do people foolish reach...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 14, 2017
Unlike someone who was talking about nyam and goat, "we are GOING to fight corruption with technology."

Well, here's a government ACTUALLY fighting corruption with technology.

The difference is clear.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 14, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Can the Application be used to report a cheating girlfriend or unfaithful husband...
I'm seriously looking for such app
wetin concern you if girlfriend or husband dey cheat, oga develop the app urself or mind ur business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by genearts(m): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Wow.... This is so cool

1 Like

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by SalamRushdie: 8:49am On Feb 14, 2017
When anyone ask me what my occupation is? I will tell them I am a chartered whistle blower with the Nigerian Govt

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Nbote(m): 9:00am On Feb 14, 2017
Snitching jus became official and got real... But whether we like it or not, application error would occur wen d whistle is blown for some ppl.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 14, 2017
Lalasticlala come fast.....blowing the whistle is now a scheme

Wahala dey ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jonathan and others are no longer safe with our monies.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Jengem: 9:04am On Feb 14, 2017
Someone needs to blow the whistle on the contract sum for building the app

APC that develops websites with 80 million

When u give them app to build, wahala dey

6 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by KingSHUAIBU(m): 9:18am On Feb 14, 2017
Jengem:
Someone needs to blow the whistle on the contract sum for building the app

APC that develops websites with 80 million

When u give them app to build, wahala dey

Lol...

Na so you distrust APC reach?

Anyways, I won't vouch 4 'em
Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by joseph1832ng: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2017
At no cost? What about the data used to download the app?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by XaviDayo(m): 11:33am On Feb 14, 2017
APC and stealing be like bread and tea.
Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Vizzim: 11:33am On Feb 14, 2017
Good one..
Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by tolexy007(m): 11:33am On Feb 14, 2017
Nice One,
Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by seguno2: 11:34am On Feb 14, 2017
Alhaji Lai Mohammed is desperate to spend all the big budget of his ministry before Buhari go kpeme and Osinbajo takes over.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by joseph1832ng: 11:34am On Feb 14, 2017
On second thought, I guess this was what GEJ meant when he said "using technology to fight corruption". grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by bigerboy200: 11:36am On Feb 14, 2017
joseph1832ng:
On second thought, I guess this was what GEJ meant when he said "using technology to fight corruption". grin
Yes, it was GEJ that started it. This bufoon tenure wants to take d credit of GEJ's effort. We cannot take it...
Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Heading to efcc office to know the terms of the whistle blowing stuff.

That politician with Geepee tank of money in my village don enter wàhálà

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by kolnel: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Nice concept
I hereby blow whistle on all our politicians currently holding political posts
They are all thieves

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG by MaziOmenuko: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Stealing is now corruption.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

$1.5bn Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail: FEC Gets Cost Overrun Request From Amaechi / Investors Laud Abiodun On Reconstruction Of Agbara-Lusada-Atan Road / Odua, Diaspora Groups Endorse Jonathan’s Re-election Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.