Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) (47137 Views)

Man Rapes 70-Year-Old Woman In Ogun, Blames Alcohol / Hotel Workers Kill London Returnee-owner, Manager In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by dre11(m): 8:19am On Feb 14, 2017
By Taiwo Jimoh

A 70-year-old woman, identified simply as Mrs. Egunjobi, a London returnee, has allegedly been raped to death by a 33-year-old Dare Garuba.

The incident occurred in Egunjobi’s shop at Mowe in Ofada-Mokolokin Local Council Development Area of Ogun State.

Witnesses told our correspondent yesterday that the woman had taken two bottles of Alomo gin and became intoxicated.

When she started misbehaving, the suspect reportedly offered to lead her home so that she would not be injured.

However, when Garuba led Egunjobi into her shop, he decided to take advantage of her. The incident, which occurred about 11p.m. on Sunday, forced some of the traders in the area to shut down their shops yesterday when the news of her death filtered into town.

It was learnt that the suspect was the only one who approached Egunjobi and called the attention of some of the residents to the woman.

The Coordinator of Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) in the area, Mr. Bamidele Ayeyemi, said they were outside about 11p.m. when a Hausa man, who went to defecate in a nearby bush close to the woman’s shop, discovered that her shop opened. According to Ayeyemi, the man raised the alarm, thinking that armed robbers had broken into the shop.

He said: “Some of my boys and I, immediately we heard the man shouting thief, thief, we called for reinforcement and went round the market.

“Unfortunately, when we moved closed to the woman’s shop, the suspect opened the door and bolted. “When the suspect was trying to escape from the scene, one of us was able to identify him as Dare. That was how we started searching for him in the community.”

The body inside the shop Gov. Umahi Another resident, who identified himself simply as Balogun, said after the remains of the woman had been taken care of; they went to report the incident to the head of the community and policemen at Mowe Division.

He said: “What surprised us was that it was the same suspect who promised to take care of the woman so as not to sustain injuries that later took advantage of her.

“We searched the community for about four hours before we finally apprehended him in the ceiling of an uncompleted building where he was hiding.

We then handed him over to the police for appropriate action.” It was learnt that Garuba was still making love to the woman without knowing that she had died.

The Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Mowe Police Division, was said to be at the scene of the incident with the woman’s husband. But the widower refused to comment on his wife’s death.

Garuba’s mother, Mrs. Jumoke Musa, said she was fed up with the attitude of her son. She said: “I have done everything to prevent him from becoming a hoodlum. I left him with his father’s family after his father’s death because I have remarried and I did not want to endure his way of life.

“Even while staying with me in my present place, I have bailed him countless times for different offences he has committed in the community.”

When our correspondent visited the area yesterday, the victim’s body was in her shop, covered with a piece of cloth.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/crime/metro/man-rapes-70-year-old-london-returnee-death/

1 Share

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by pyyxxaro: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2017
Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2017
angry

This is what u get when u prefer to rape an elderly than u get some ashawo from ur street and banged her like there's no tomorrow...

4 Likes

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by ipobarecriminals: 8:42am On Feb 14, 2017
I don't believe Alomo intoxicated the woman to the state of stupor(u drunkard/fan can help)The randy goat Garuba probably poison the drink to perpetuate his evil act.Here is my judgement. *cough with stern face* cut the bastard 3 leg,

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by kabrud: 8:44am On Feb 14, 2017
That's the handwork of the "educated" Nigerians from those places.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Young03(m): 8:46am On Feb 14, 2017
NCAN
benin republic branch

Dare Garuba
pls confirm the orijin

48 Likes

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by hucienda: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Dammnnn yooo! What's all this?? 33 on 70?! angry angry angry

Dare Garuba. Ogun state, West coast.

hucienda - NCAN Field Correspondent - London

Live Reporting to the International HQ, Nigeria.

Over 'n out.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by killsmith(f): 9:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Dare of westeros grin

The cone headed afonja....

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Chei. why a young guy would choose to rape a 70yr old kitten when there are so many oloshos out there is just beyond my comprehension...

As my Christian Brothers Would Say,.... "END TIMES".

3 Likes

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by MidolsStudent(m): 9:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Dare Garuba
Another one of my "most educated" Yoruba Muslim brother as usual. grin

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by conductor1: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Afon...

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by shevchenko(m): 9:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Afonja as usual

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Missmossy(f): 9:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Jeez this is disheartening embarassed
Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Lasskeey: 9:12am On Feb 14, 2017
undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by mrpeero: 9:12am On Feb 14, 2017
conji na bastard

1 Like

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by ipobarecriminals: 9:13am On Feb 14, 2017
undecided angry Any jews yweet that come here to check name shud be throwey into lake of fire
Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by HisMajesty188: 9:13am On Feb 14, 2017
See my account balance is working for all sim

1 Like

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by fpeter(f): 9:13am On Feb 14, 2017
what a way to exit the world.....sad! cry
Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by TerrorSquad147: 9:13am On Feb 14, 2017
Ndi tiger-scratched face, I no mention anybody oo

It's their work ooo gringrin grin
#SoftWork cool cool

20 Likes

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Okundaye4(m): 9:14am On Feb 14, 2017
OGUN STATE

Na wa o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 14, 2017
Hmmm...oga oo...shey d old mama kon sexy reach like DAT....pervert

1 Like

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Nick4life: 9:14am On Feb 14, 2017
That name Dare sounds familiar. Haaaa Dare! Dare were I done hear that name before Dare undecided haaa I done remember o Dare nah from the republic of BrownRoof Afonja. Gbese re! angry grin grin
Ncan VP Enugu chapter reporting for. Duty

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by loadedvibes: 9:15am On Feb 14, 2017
Konji na bastard son of a million fathers
Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Berbierklaus(f): 9:15am On Feb 14, 2017
“I have done everything to prevent him from becoming a hoodlum. I left him with his father’s family after his father’s death because I have remarried and I did not want to endure his way of life.
What type of mother is his

1 Like

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by Bantino(m): 9:15am On Feb 14, 2017
Na wah ooo
Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by EdoNation(f): 9:16am On Feb 14, 2017
KNOW WHERE THEY CAME FROM...... NA THIER WAY....... DEM DEM AS USUAL!!

17 Likes

Re: Man Rapes 70-year-old London Returnee To Death (photo) by kinikad: 9:17am On Feb 14, 2017
undecided undecided undecided undecided
TrapQueen77:
angry

This is what u get when u prefer to rape an elderly than u get some ashawo from ur street and banged her like there's no tomorrow...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Sells Daughters For N300,000 In Ogun (photo) / Suspected Yahoo Boy, 606 Autos, EFCC Arrested At Club57 Cries Out From Prison / Herdsman Beheads Girlfriend In Ekiti (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.