Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Nokia 3310 Set To Come Back After 17yrs - Mighty Mike's Blog - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 3310 Set To Come Back After 17yrs - Mighty Mike's Blog (435 Views)

I Need Recommendation For A Tecno Phone For My Son Of 17yrs, For 25/30000 / Meet New Nokia 3310 With 3G Network That Cost Around N30,000 / That Moment The Demand For The Nokia 3310 Is Higher Than The LG G6 & Xperia XZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia 3310 Set To Come Back After 17yrs - Mighty Mike's Blog by telltimes: 7:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
Nokia 3310 is coming back almost 17 years after it was first launched in 2000

The Nokia 3310 had a reputation for hardiness. You could throw it down a flight of stairs, spill a pint over it, or drop it into a pool of mud, and it would emerge unscathed.

It was like the Wolverine of phones, and for that reason, it remains a firm fan favorite.

And now it’s coming back, almost 17 years after it first launched in 2000. Nokia plans to re-launch the device at the upcoming MWC conference in Barcelona, according to data obtained by the reliable Evan ‘EvLeaks’ Blass of VentureBeat.

The handset will reportedly cost €59, and will be marketed as a way of getting long battery life in an almost-indestructible form factor.

Although Nokia hasn’t manufactured the phone in years, there’s still a fondness for the device, and it remains to be sold through third-party channels, like Amazon Marketplace and eBay.

MWC will see three other Nokia-branded phones released. It’s expected that the Nokia 3, 5, and 6 will run Android 7.0. According to VentureBeat, these will range from €150 to €250.

It’s worth pointing out that the phones sold under the Nokia marque aren’t actually from the company that originally released the 3310, the N95, and the N-Gage. Rather, the rights to the name were bought by little-known Finnish company HMD Global in a deal that completed last December.

Given that most smartphones have a propensity to run out of juice before the day is finished, I’m convinced there’s still a market for high-endurance feature phones. Phones that lack the bells and whistles of your garden-variety Android handset or iPhone, but only need to be charged once every few weeks.

And let’s face it, who wouldn’t want a piece of computing history in their pocket? Especially when it has Snake.

http://mightymike.name.ng/?p=64

Re: Nokia 3310 Set To Come Back After 17yrs - Mighty Mike's Blog by FellaL: 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
hmmm nice can't wait to see how it is
Re: Nokia 3310 Set To Come Back After 17yrs - Mighty Mike's Blog by pr0blem: 8:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
nice
Re: Nokia 3310 Set To Come Back After 17yrs - Mighty Mike's Blog by thesicilian: 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
Is it 17yrs already? O boy, man don dey age sha...
Re: Nokia 3310 Set To Come Back After 17yrs - Mighty Mike's Blog by squarelead(m): 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
Nice, I hope they don't destroy thier goodwill

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi 6 Announced With 6gb Ram And 128gb Internal Storage / Post removed / Mtn Pls Remove My Line From Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.