Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:20 PM

A Story That Shows That Love Is a Bad Guy Err...Or Girl. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Story That Shows That Love Is a Bad Guy Err...Or Girl. (601 Views)

Lady Revealed Her Chats With A Man That Love Her, See Grammar. / The Funny Story That Broke The Internet: You Will Surely Laugh (pictures) / When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Story That Shows That Love Is a Bad Guy Err...Or Girl. by dastudent(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
In a galaxy not so far away, I stood in the command centre of the ‘Sinero’ (don’t ask i have no idea why we named it that either) and took in the sights I was privy to through the strong Plexiglas that stood between us and outer space.

The space station was the pride and joy of our defence corps; it has regularly been defined as the sturdiest structure in the world. We were probably the most elite force in the world but we didn’t even have a name; we just kinda called ourselves the defence corps. That was it, but we were feared and revered all over the world.

I stood in the control room manning operations as analysts and techies jabbed at their little systems checking that everything was in order. I expected an easy day, most days were easy days, we weren’t attacked much and the times we were, we were more than capable of neutralizing the threat.

Our job was simple: to defend our thriving community simply called ‘Human’. We were the first and last point of defence. The full weight of our job was felt every day, because if anything got past us, Human was doomed. So we took great pride in our duty, we were confident in our abilities and steely in our resolve.

I sipped from my cup of coffee and savoured the bitter taste as it went down my throat. The space station had the best coffee anywhere in the galaxy; no one could claim to have it this good.

Oh, manners! I never did introduce myself

My name is Commander Common Sense. I’m probably the first female to have achieved that rank and I carried it with great pride. I had over ten years of experience with the defence corps. Unlike most women that made it to higher ranks due to service in other sectors of the corps, I had done mine as a soldier. I had been on the battle field and faced monsters that would make the hairs on one’s head tingle. I was part of the crew that had once battled Greed and his minions as they tried to infiltrate our community. I had the battle scars to back my claim and therefore I was deserving of all the respect I got.

The room was a quiet buzz of activity; i knew some of it was simply because I was around as I was reputed as a bit of a ball-buster. I didn’t mind the title so much, as long as you did your job, odds were we would get along fine. I liked to think of myself as firm but fair, we were a unit that had a monumental task in defending Human and I understood what that meant more than most people.

“Commander.”

I broke away from my reverie to face the person speaking; it was Snow, a young newbie. I liked his earnest face and honest eyes, I think I unnerved him a little as his voice always shook slightly whenever he spoke to me and he always seemed to stare at the scar beside my lip. I didn’t mind, it reminded everyone that i was a warrior and extremely competent at my job.

“Yes?”

“Generals Reason and Logic relayed that they will be back on board soon, ETA fifteen minutes.”

“That’s alright,” I said, “Thanks Snow.”

His eyes widened a bit but went down immediately. I suspected he was surprised that i remembered his name. As a newbie, I guess he expected not to be reckoned with, but i had watched him and he was diligent and ready to work. He’ll go far.

Generals Logic and Reason were legends in our community. They were the warrior brothers that every warrior aspired to be. They had triumphed in countless battles, were brilliant tacticians and fierce fighters. They were the youngest duo to have made the rank of general and it showed in their personalities. They were restless and always battle hungry. They still embarked on missions together. I was older than they were but i recognized their prowess and i accepted them as superiors but they were humble men, they still deferred to me in a lot of matters and for that they had my further respect. Even this transmission was unnecessary but they did it anyway. We all got along well

They had gone out to investigate wreckage we had seen and ascertain if there were any clues as to what had attacked the ship. From the last transmission, they said that they had gathered nothing but that whatever had hit that ship was quite nasty indeed. I wasn’t too worried; there was nothing we couldn’t handle.

“Commander?”

I turned again, this time I was being addressed by Seth Trundle

“Yes?”

“Err, we have an unidentified object closing in on the ship…It’s about three thousand metres out”

Three thousand metres!

That shouldn’t be possible, our radar usually picked up unidentified objects at a range of five thousand meters.

“Let me see that.”

As he had mentioned, there was an object closing in on the ship, and fast. Was it a missile? But from who? The speed of the object was way too fast for anything I’d seen before.

“Can someone get me a visual of that thing?”

“On it commander” said Snow. This had grabbed the attention of the other techies and they began to gather to see what our ‘unidentified object’ was. We all stared at the screen as it came to life showing what looked like a red blur careening in our direction

“What the hell is that thing?” asked Hank

“Some sort of meteor perhaps?” said Trundle.

“Give the order to fire on it,” I said.

“You sure Commander?” asked Trundle. In reply i fixed him with a nasty gaze. He gulped and relayed my commands. Seconds later i saw a missile head towards the object

Closer.

Closer.

“Impact, Commander.”

I smiled, “Well that should be that,” and then I turned away.

“Err Commander…” There was nervousness in Trundle’s voice that i didn’t quite like. I turned back to stare at the screen to see the object still racing towards the ship, it was less than a thousand meters out now.

“What the…Fire! Fire! Fire!”

A hail of missiles flew at the object hitting it but to no avail, it was still coming

“Zoom in on the damned thing!”

“Yes sir,” said Snow and he zoomed in.

I gasped

“What is it Commander?” asked Snow, he sounded more unnerved than usual, i didn’t blame him, i never gasped.

I wanted to answer him, i really did, but what was i going to say? I myself couldn’t believe what i was looking at.

“What is that thing Commander?” asked Trundle this time

“I…err…”

I was at a loss. I had to calm down, so i took a deep breath, focused on them and answered.

“That people, is Love”

You can read the remaining and many more awesome stories here.

http://www.themustycorner.com/dusty-scrolls/love-story/

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice Pls / 10 Interesting Things That Are Seen As Sexy In Various Countries / How Do Foreign Girls Cope With Ghanaian Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.