Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,382 members, 7,800,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch (22675 Views)

Soldiers Sack Police Station In Port Harcou, Arrest DPO Over Murder Of Colleague / Beggars Pray In Kaduna; Kill Pregnant Sheep, Ask God To Punish Their Oppressors / Buhari's Return: Major Cabinet Shake-Up Likely This Week - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by HungerBAD: 5:40am On Feb 15, 2017
John Charles, Makurdi

Soldiers have sacked six villages in the Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State, killing six persons, including a pregnant woman.

This followed the killing of a soldier at the weekend by some youths in the area.

But the Brigade Commander of the 707 Special Force, Brig. Clement Apere, denied that soldiers attacked the people.

“The operation we conducted in the area was carried out in a professional way,” he said.

However, sources from Agatu, who spoke to our correspondent on the telephone on Tuesday, explained that six villages — Olegadakolo, Ikpele, Otugologwu, Iwali, Okpanchenyi and Egba — were sacked by the soldiers.

At Egba community, sources said a pregnant woman was hit by a stray bullet, adding that the six villages had been deserted.

“This is genocide on our people, as I’m talking to you now, six villages have been sacked, children and women have moved out of the affected villages, while many people have been arrested by the invading soldiers,” a resident of one of the villages, who pleaded anonymity said.

The council’s sole administrator, Mr. Mike Inalegwu, who spoke to our correspondent on the telephone, also denied the killing of people in Agatu communities but admitted the invasion of military personnel.

“There is no iota of truth in that, no one was killed, the military were only on the mission to recover their arms and ammunition,” he said.

Speaking at a press conference, the commander, 707 Special Forces Brigade, Brig. Gen. Clement Apere, said only one person was arrested.

http://punchng.com/soldiers-sack-agatu-villages-kill-pregnant-woman-five-others/

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:44am On Feb 15, 2017
Fvck Ortum the slowpoke angry

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by izzou(m): 5:44am On Feb 15, 2017
I don't even know who to believe

But I am sure the Nigerian army are capable of carrying this out.

Mtcheeeeew

undecided

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by babyfaceafrica: 5:49am On Feb 15, 2017
Sad story
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Jerryojozy(m): 5:51am On Feb 15, 2017
This is regrettably lugubrious. Professionally hun? to be professional to Nigeria army is to kill and maim unarmed civilians. Investigation should have done the magic not to sack six villages. Haba why?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by LudaChriz(m): 5:53am On Feb 15, 2017
No good news had ever come out of this dreaded government

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by TPAND(f): 5:57am On Feb 15, 2017
There's nothing gallant about Nigerian soldiers. They are worst set of army in the world.

All the do is call us bloody civilians and intimidate non-military persons even if they are wrong. You wear a camo in other countries the soldiers will hail and praise you for showing them support by donning the camo. You do such in Nigeria, you will be beaten like you stole the eagle from our coat of arms.

Imagine how long it's taking them to quell the Boko Haram insurgence. Useless and heartless beings called anim**ls

112 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:57am On Feb 15, 2017
cry

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by greatwhite(m): 6:03am On Feb 15, 2017
There is no such thing as Stray bullet. There are a number of things you must do before your round leave your rifle. Plus you have to wait for the most superior to command you before you engage.

RIP to the dead

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by anibi9674: 6:05am On Feb 15, 2017
funny country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by nonaira: 6:06am On Feb 15, 2017
I always said it. Nigerian police, army, navy, etc are all COWARDS. If it's unarmed civilians, Oya see macho but the second it's militants, BH or even arm robbers, they carry tail running and fabricating story all over the media or showing us outdated weapons online to try and scare them.

I'll say it again...Nigeria is a complete, terrible joke

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by psucc(m): 6:06am On Feb 15, 2017
Just reminding one of the Odi massacre during OBJ's civilian rule.
Sack 6 villages without a single death, I clap for our Army's 'professionalism'

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by bentlywills(m): 6:13am On Feb 15, 2017
Nigeria soldiers n dia way of bullying civilians is heartbreaking cos no one cares to question dia actions

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by smogup: 6:17am On Feb 15, 2017
Nigeria Army be like: they are Fulani herdsmen in army uniform.

The impunity being perpetuated by these APC government is sickening

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by dheespectre: 6:25am On Feb 15, 2017
b
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by dingbang(m): 6:28am On Feb 15, 2017
In Nigeria, nobody cares anymore, not even the President

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 15, 2017
What else cant we see in dis country. I never supported d South and east in their vote against Buhari but now i think they were right. We now have three major terrorist groups, the boko haram, fulani and nigeria army

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Flyingngel(m): 6:37am On Feb 15, 2017
Nigerian securities lack intelligence gathering. One or two person will commit crime but when they go there,it is either they kill half of the villagers or arrest as many as possible then somebody will tell me that Nigeria is progressing.

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 15, 2017
sad sad sad sad
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 15, 2017
our soldiers.are yet to sack herdsmen lipsrsealed undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by EazyMoh(m): 8:24am On Feb 15, 2017
This is disappointing, Punch is also towing the line Vanguard in unprofessional journalism.
The council chief denied the death of anybody, yet Punch put it in the headline without finding out the deceased name and intervening her family.
They didn't even try to quote any source for their story, the writer just stated it as if he was an eye witness especially in that first paragraph.
Honestly the people carrying misinformation are doing as much damage by creating unnecessary anger and hate in people's minds which may lead to carnage in the future. Uganda is a typical example.
I condemn the soldiers act though if they really did what they did.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 15, 2017
Jerryojozy:
This is regrettably lugubrious. Professionally hun? to be professional to Nigeria army is to kill and maim unarmed civilians. Investigation should have done the magic not to sack six villages. Haba why?

same professionalism metted on a cripple recently

seems our army has redefined professionalism

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Angelinastto(f): 8:25am On Feb 15, 2017
This is brutal

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by link2ok(m): 8:25am On Feb 15, 2017
Not an atom of intelligence in our military. They do everytin by force.

I used to have an uncle in the army who was supporting a football club, I said sumtyn about his club on my own wall and he was threatening me to delete the post. I had to delete the slowpoke and block him out rightly.

See we have the dumbest military personnel in the world and there stupid way of handling tins actually calls for a grt concern.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by repogirl(f): 8:26am On Feb 15, 2017
They have started again. Mad people.

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by AntiWailer: 8:26am On Feb 15, 2017
Sad.
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by DonCortino: 8:27am On Feb 15, 2017
Ha!

Its jihardist dressed as army! They are carrying out their jihad war on christians.

Which ammunitions are they recovering?? Fulani terrorist ravaged the agatu people army did nothing and arrested no one. Now I guess the agatu's are arming themselves against any fulani terrorist attack and army is killing them.

Christians be vigilant!! This islamisation jihad plan is real and happening already oooo!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by omenkaLives(m): 8:28am On Feb 15, 2017
This is unacceptable.

The Nigerian armed forces need to be careful how they go about "avenging" the death of their colleagues.

If youths in the area killed one of yours, what's the big deal in carrying out a thorouggh investigation to discover those behind the crime and punish them as necessary? They cant go about dishimg out such blanket punishments

It happened in Odi.

It happened in Zaki Biam.

It has happened again.

Enough of the nonsense.

Edit:

As usual, they just cant spare a momemt to read before commenting. They cant wait to cash out their wailing mavros.

What has the incident got to do with herdsmen?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by calyto: 8:30am On Feb 15, 2017
Ortom is the cause of this problem.

He ceded a part of Agatu land to herdsmen so that they can graze which the Agatu people didn't find funny.
They attacked a police Station first, then attacked an army checkpoint which led to the death of one soldier.
This is actually a reprisal attack by the army and Ortom fuelled it because he said the army should fish out the culprits

10 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Blackfire(m): 8:31am On Feb 15, 2017
omenka is that not your village, sarki the zombie is that not your government.
a Storm is coming.....

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Come Out And Vote, Even If You Are Not Voting Me - Atiku Abubakar / Dele Momodu Slams Man Who Called Buhari And Tinubu Criminals / Cracks In Nigerian Governors Forum Over Southern Govs’ 2023 Presidency Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.