Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

I Dont Have A Bvn. Can I Open A Bank Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Dont Have A Bvn. Can I Open A Bank Account? (9935 Views)

Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? / I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Have A Bvn. Can I Open A Bank Account? by fullz: 8:51am On Feb 15, 2017
A friend asked me this and not knowing what to answer, I am asking knowledgeable nairalanders to help out esp of you're in the banking sector.
Please contribute and move to appropriate section If necessary.

"I wasn't up to 18yrs when banks were doing the bvn and didn't do the bvn last year.
I was solely dependent on mum's atm as she opened an account for me with her name and handed me the card. It's what I have been using but as at last week,
I turned 18 and I need to do my own things on the side without her getting alerts and asking me questions.
How do I go about it?"

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have A Bvn. Can I Open A Bank Account? by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 15, 2017
Go to the bank. Tell them you ant to open an account and you don't have BVN. They will do everything for you.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have A Bvn. Can I Open A Bank Account? by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:30am On Feb 15, 2017
Yes you can still open any account of your choice, at the same time you will be enrolled for BVN. All you just need is a valid means of identification, which include Voters Card, International Passport, Driving License or National ID. If you don't have all this listed items, there are some other account you can still open without those items listed, but such account will have some limitation, i.e limited daily deposit and maximum accumulated sum you can deposit in such an account, on like the conventional savings account which does not have some limitation
Re: I Dont Have A Bvn. Can I Open A Bank Account? by fullz: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
ThankYouGod:
Go to the bank. Tell them you ant to open an account and you don't have BVN. They will do everything for you.
appreciate.
Re: I Dont Have A Bvn. Can I Open A Bank Account? by fullz: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
DEBJOCH1:
Yes you can still open any account of your choice, at the same time you will be enrolled for BVN. All you just need is a valid means of identification, which include Voters Card, International Passport, Driving License or National ID. If you don't have all this listed items, there are some other account you can still open without those items listed, but such account will have some limitation, i.e limited daily deposit and maximum accumulated sum you can deposit in such an account, on like the conventional savings account which does not have some limitation
appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Ease Of Doing Business: World Bank Ranks Nigeria 170th / I Need Information About Transportaion Business / Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.