Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Jakuta (god Of Thunder) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jakuta (god Of Thunder) (25045 Views)

The Children Of Thunder / [story]o.g.b.a.n.j.e (the Child Of Thunder) Chapter 1 / Ade Son Of Thunder( A Tale About Love, Destiny And Betrayal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by EmperorLee(m): 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
heemah:
Weaker vessels na woman nah... grin grin
Eyah RIP Emperor.

Heemah iyawo oree mii grin. Oree mi nko ?
Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by heemah(f): 9:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
EmperorLee:

Heemah iyawo oree mii grin. Oree mi nko ?
He is in da oza room
Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by Olu317(m): 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
This is a good write up about Oyo empire but not how oranmiyan died..
Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by donkross1(m): 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
Chapter 11

Amidst tears, amidst wailings, amidst gnashing of teeth, the late Emperor’s body was finally laid in the ground below. Everything was done according to how the Emperor had instructed and the priest made sure every instruction was followed to the word. People came from neighboring kingdoms to pay their last respect to the generous man who had led a very fulfilling and enviable life. He came, he saw and he conquered almost all of his enemies. He was indeed a threat to most of the powerful kingdoms around, they dare not raise a sword at Hoyoh Empire during his reign, but after his death, it was only paramount for them to try their lucks and see if it would shine brightly. At the end, The new Emperor, Ajaka, who had been crowned after the late Emperor’s demise, addressed everyone gathered at the burial. He thanked them for the love and support they had shown, most especially in memory of his father, Horanmiyan. He futher went on to declare the following market day a mourning one. In which he ordered that no one should be found buying and selling. After all of this, he dismissed them all and proceeded into the throne room, alongside his council of chiefs.

They were locked up in the throne room for lots of hours, discussing and deliberating on the restructuring of the empire. He, the Emperor and the chiefs didn't seem to be on the same page in most of the matters of the state. A lot of arguments and all went down that day, most of his decisions were mumbled against by majority of the chiefs. He was advised to strengthen the security of the empire, to increase the number of soldiers, because they knew surely that an attack on the empire by enemies was eminent. He bluntly refused, claimed he was rest assured that they had enough soldiers to see off any one who wants to attack. It had been hours since when the late Emperor's body had been buried and they were all still there, arguing different things out. After a while, one of the chiefs had suggested that they adjourn the meeting to another day and the emperor, Ajaka agreed to that and dismissed them.

Immediately they all left, he was still seating there on the throne, brooding over how most of the chiefs were objecting his decisions, when his wife, Rolah walked into the throne room and took the seat next to the throne. He narrated how the meeting had gone down to her and like him, she also was really worried about how the council of chiefs weren't on the same page with him. “That's never a good sign.” She had said. They continued their discussion until the guard at the entrance announced that Jakuta was waiting to see the Emperor.

“Send him in.” He ordered.

“Greetings, My Emperor.” Jakuta hailed as soon as he entered the throne room.

“Greetings, brother.” Ajaka replied.

“I would love to have a word with you, if don't mind.”

“Go on, I am listening.”

“I am leaving the capital,” Jakuta said in a viscous manner, with his head held high above his shoulder and his well-gripped body standing as firm as always. “I would love to go to my mother's village, Bhariba. I feel the need to be with my mother's people.”

“I hope there's no problem, or why the sudden decision?”

“Nothing at all, My Emperor. I just feel it's an obligation.”

“I sincerely hope so,” Ajaka said smoothly, looking straight at his brother. “Well, in the good news department, you would be able to monitor and control the state of affairs in that village, and also make sure they stay loyal to the Empire.”

“With all honor.” Jakuta replied

“You have my blessing, when would you be leaving ?”

“Right away.”

“That's really really sudden, but like I said, you have my blessing.” Ajaka waved his staff at him.

Jakuta bowed his head a bit to show his respect and was about to leave the throne room when he suddenly stopped. “I have a favour to ask from your majesty, the Empress.” Jakuta turned to face the throne.

“Ohh, me ?” Rolah asked in an amazed manner. Although Jakuta was her brother inlaw and that they both lived in the palace for a while now, they had only spoken few words to each other.

“Yes, your majesty.”

“Ask away then.”

“I would be happy if you will grant my wish of going along with one of your maids on this trip of mine.”

“By all means, you can even go with two or three of them.” She replied cheerfully.

“One will suffice. Thank you, your majesty.” Jakuta replied softly, and then took another bow and left the throne room.

“What do you make of this, my love ?” Rolah asked Ajaka who appeared to be lost in thoughts.

“Of what?” He questioned back after jerking out of his self thoughts.

“Jakuta, leaving the palace at this time.”

“Ohh that, he could go anywhere he want, he is a grown man now and I can't force him to stay against his decision. I am only bothered about this council of chiefs right now.”

A little while after he had taken permission from the Emperor, he had went to his chambers to pack a few things he would be needing on the trip. He had also told Obah that she had the permission of the Empress to go on the trip with him. After packing his stuffs, he beckoned on his favourite guard, that would also be going on the trip with him to come and carry his stuffs. On their way outside, he and the guard, they met Obah right outside his chambers with her own load too, then together they proceeded out of the palace.

“Going somewhere without us ?” A voice said right behind the three of them and they all turned around to see Thimi and Bonka standing there.

“Come on, brothers. I thought we already talked about this.” Jakuta said. .

“Yes we did, and our decision still remains. We are going with you on this trip.” Thimi replied sternly

“But we all can't leave the capital like that, the Empire needs you guys here to protect it from any form of danger whatsoever.” Jakuta tried to speak some convincing words but Thimi and Bonka remained indifferent.

“But we need you more, and you need us even more, so we would be with you anywhere you are. Make the decision, are we all staying here in the capital or are we embarking on a trip to your mother’s place ?” Bonka cut in

“You guys don't give up, do you ?” Jakuta finally gave in.

“No way we are giving up on this. Come on brother, remember we promised each other we would be together forever” Thimi

“Together forever, brothers.” The trio chorused together and hugged each other.

“We have got a long way to go guys.” Obah said with her face full of smiles, the trio intertwined and immediately proceeded on their journey to the village of Bhariba.

Read Chapter 12 here :

http://www.youngicee.com/2017/03/jakuta-chapter-12.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by ernesty20(m): 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
Boring story... Do yourelf a favour and stop boring us, young man....
Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2017
ernesty20:
Boring story... Do yourelf a favour and stop boring us, young man....

Do the cyberspace a huger favour and GTFO.

#Bittersoul

1 Like

Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by cmoney22222: 12:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
please what is GTFO sir

Aderola15:

#Bittersoul
Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by Oyinprince(m): 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Aderola15:

#Bittersoul
You guys should please, always ignore those trolls, they don't deserve your replies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by Oyinprince(m): 8:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
Apologies guys, Kross has been totally offline since Monday but asked me to post on his behalf on Wednesday and Friday but I didn't do that due to data issues.
Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by Oyinprince(m): 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2017

****Few Years Later****

Drum sounds, music, dancing and merrying was what was going on all around, many people were dancing their hearts out with happiness all around. The condition of the village had sporadically improved since the arrival of Jakuta and his friends. Their farm produce now came out in large quantities during harvest and without fear of some local thieves coming to raid on them and do away with their produce. All these were the situation they faced in the village of Bhariba until Jakuta and his friend arrived and fought of many kinds of thieves like that. They felt safe once again, they felt protected and the indeed really appreciated it. Jakuta finally left the dance floor after once again proving that he was unbeatable at dancing, his dance skills were almost as good as his fighting skills, if not more. He took a seat with his friends while they had some wine to drink, together with some meat to eat also.

“Isn't this like your second birthday since we left the capital?” Thimi asked amidst their random conversations.

“It's the third, “ Jakuta replied softly, took a sip from the cup and a look of sadness appeared over his face. “It's my third birthday without my dad. I miss him so so much, I feel lost without him, without his guidance.”

“Ohh, brother.” Bonka dropped his cup of whine and placed his hand on Jakuta's right shoulder while Thimi held onto his left. They both consoled him.

“Didn't you say he told you that the gods will guide you when the appointed time is come ?” Thimi asked

“Yes, but when is the appointed time ? Or is this how I am going to keep wasting away in this little village?” Jakuta questioned back.

“Patience, brother, patience. And please let's not ruin a moment of happiness. It's your birthday for gods sake, let us wine, dine and later warm our birds with our pretty wives.” Bonka cuts in and they all laughed for a while.

“That reminds me, I want to take a new wife.” Jakuta announced to his friends.

“Another one ?” They chorused in astonishment.

“Come, you guys shouldn't make it sound like it's a criminal offence.” Jakuta shrugged of their surprise

“What happened to Obah and Oshun ?” Thimi asked again

“As you all know, I really do love Obah, she was my first love, and Oshun which was sent to me from the capital by the elders, we don't seem to get along well but I respect her. Don't you guys think I deserve something better? Someone that shares my kind of passion? Someone that craves for more and isn't satisfied with this little village like Obah and Oshun are.”

“Hnmm, who is this maiden that you speak of ?”

“Her name is Oyah.” Jakuta replied with his face filled with joy and love.

“Some one has truly fallen in love.” Thimi teased and they all laughed a bit.

“When are you making this announcement then ?” Bonka asked

“Right away, I ju thought to tell you my friends before I proceed.”

“Ohh, have you told your women before ?”

“No way!!! You bet they would have stopped me by all means. Best bet is to take them off guard.”

“Good luck with this.” Thimi and Bonka echoed as their friend finally stood up to address everyone gathered at the party. He requested that the music stop before he proceeded, he first of all spoke praises of his two wives, Obah and Oshun. He spoke of how they loved him and how they were diligent with their services to him, and finally he spoke about his new found love, and about how he desperately needs a woman like her by his side. As expected, it didn't go down well with Oshun and Obah, but they had to hide their grievances and faked a smile because everyone were staring at them to see if any of them will object. When no objection was forthcoming, Jakuta beckoned on his newly found love to come out and let everyone see her. In being beautiful, she was beautiful, her smile shone so bright even at night that they were. Her figure distinctively shaped, her body was indeed like that of a goddess, and her voice would melt the heart of even the meanest warriors. Little wonder Jakuta fell in love with her helplessly.

Despite all her beauty and innocent smiles, Thimi and Bonka didn't find her appealing, they could sense an evil aura around her, they could feel a cloud of darkness hovering around her, they kept staring at her blankly but occasionally when Jakuta looked towards their side, they fakes a smile and applauded, just like every other person present there applauded. Everyone except Oshun and Obah who were so engrossed in analysing the girl who would be their new rival. Obah had wondered how the love Jakuta had for her when they first met had disappeared over the years, although she still felt like she did the very first time she saw him, but it appeared Jakuta didn't even care about her anymore. Oshun wondered what Jakuta wanted with the new maiden, as she doesn't look like his taste, to her.

After the applause stopped, Jakuta continued with his announcement, he further announced that their marriage rites would be done in the coming days, but before he could finish the announcement, someone barged into the party, running like a mad man that had seen a ghost, the guards on watch tried to stop him but he couldn't be stopped, he ran straight towards Jakuta and fell at his feet, he stayed on the ground for a while to catch his breath as he appeared really exhausted.

“My Lord!!!” He kept on hammering in the midst of heavy breathing.

“Speak, young man.” Jakuta was beginning to lose his patience.

“There's trouble.” The man said, still panting.

“What trouble!!!” Jakuta's voice sounded stronger than it was before and even the man knew he was beginning to lose his cool.

“The capital was attacked, the palace was attacked and they even made away with the Emperor and the traditional crown.” He finally relayed and different sounds of surprise were echoed afterwards by everyone around. Jakuta turned and looked towards his friends who were also staring back at him.

“Gather our best men here, we ride to the capital at dawn.” Jakuta said to his friends and the party was dismissed afterwards.

Read Chapter 13 on http://www.youngicee.com/2017/03/jakuta-chapter-13.html
Re: Jakuta (god Of Thunder) by hoMegas(m): 1:24am On Apr 22, 2017
Pls you people should update. I know its not easy but we have been anticipating thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.