Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Valentine Day When Your Boyfriend Is Broke - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valentine Day When Your Boyfriend Is Broke (819 Views)

When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / "If My Boyfriend Is Broke, I Will Cheat On Him" - Nigerian Lady Explains Why / Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valentine Day When Your Boyfriend Is Broke by MeLissa74: 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2017
The day was just like every other day. The previous day, My boyfriend asked me of how I was going to spend it since we were in a distant relationship. I Jokingly said the day was just going to boring since he wasn't here. Fast forward to yesterday; I went to work. Every where was bustling with various activities coupled with euphoria of valentine; the red and whites, calls, the gifts etc.

There were many guys asking me out for a valentine date but I declined. I waited for even just a call from boo through out the day but got none. As the day went by, the sadder I became.

As I closed from work, I started thinking of how I was going to get boo's line to be barred from calling me because I was extremely upset.
He called later that night and the next thing that came out of his mouth was "so today's lover's day and you couldn't even call me". Can you guys just imagine!. I was furious and gave not just " a piece" but the whole of my mind.

(To be continued)
Re: Valentine Day When Your Boyfriend Is Broke by dingbang(m): 4:05pm On Feb 15, 2017
Lol... Val's day isn't about just one person na... Ladies think its their sole right for d guy to buy or call or whatever they have programmed in their head about vals day...

My girlfriend knows am very much incapacitated to think of spending on val when there are other yet important bills to cover up... We should just learn to stop making a fuss about less important things tho.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Day When Your Boyfriend Is Broke by firstking01(m): 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
Smh, GirLs And With The syndrome, "He Must Call Me First"....
Re: Valentine Day When Your Boyfriend Is Broke by MeLissa74: 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2017
I ranted and ranted on the phone. He then said I was being selfish, that he was also affected by it, that why didn't I call since he didn't call. He said I was aware that he was *broke*.

This is a person that I chose over other guys. I could have dated other working class guys if I wanted to but No, I believed in him and in our future. I never demanded from him. The only thing I got from him was a birthday gift last Nov.

I earn little money and I use that to manage myself. Sometimes, I even borrow him some money all in the name of being a 'dutiful and caring' girrlfriend. Although I do that with sense. He just believes I have money and expects me to be the man in the relationship. But I am not a fool. I am not stupid and dumb and I don't put in 100% love in the relationship.

If I break up, which am actually going to do soon, I'll start hearing cries and pleas and he'll keep on emphasizing on the fact that I left him because he is broke. I even threatened him with break up yesterday and guess what; he has called me about 3 times today to check up on me.

Sincerely, I am tired and I will never date a broke guy again.

(1) (Reply)

PIC_ So Funny / 13 Things You Should Be Doing To Her Cl!tories [18+] / Reno Omokri Slam Ladies On Twitter (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.