Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. (48067 Views)

Ondo Gets 10 Bulldozers To Boost Cassava Production -Gov Akeredolu Shares PHOTOS / Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava / Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Hondo27(m): 6:24pm On May 25, 2017
How big is a bundle of cassava sticks? How many sticks to bundle? Enclosed is some sticks is that a bundle? Forgive what may seem silly question . But am African American and sponsoring a Cassava farm and we planted in Ghana and I hope the planting density is good.

Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by funso4life(m): 11:04pm On May 25, 2017
pls i need urgent reply ,i want to know any other crop that i can plant with maize and cassava because i want to use 1hectare of land to plant maize and cassava on it am also looking for any other plant i can plant with it ,which will enable me to use chemical for weeding without affecting any of the crops,kindly specify the name of the chemical i can use.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Ken4agent(m): 11:09pm On May 27, 2017
TokyoBulls:
What do you propose to have this real life experience? You can work as an intern with a farmer (and get paid a token) or take practical trainings with farmers and pay them a fee. As much as possible, make sure you work on the farm and see how it really works. Most of the farmers I see on Nairaland do not own farms and experience has shown there's a major difference between what we think farming is and what it actually is.

Very much agree to your assertion that most farmers on NL do not have a farm.....google farmers things......all the same you could just read through their post as no knowledge is lost
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by shyenar999(m): 11:47pm On May 27, 2017
Pls OP can 50k b used to grow a mixed plant of cassava n maize on a acre of land in variable regardless of location....from d cost of acquiring *leasing* d land till d time of harvest?.....if no what wld b d estimated cost
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by TokyoBulls(m): 12:22am On May 28, 2017
A bundle of cassava stems typically contains 50 (practically between 40 to 50) stems. Each stem is approximately 1m long. The picture shows bundles of cassava stems
Hondo27:
How big is a bundle of cassava sticks? How many sticks to bundle? Enclosed is some sticks is that a bundle? Forgive what may seem silly question . But am African American and sponsoring a Cassava farm and we planted in Ghana and I hope the planting density is good.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by TokyoBulls(m): 12:26am On May 28, 2017
50K is rather small (almost impossible) for one hectare unless the farmer will be actively involved and do most of the work himself. I believe an acre will need between 100K to 150K so one hectare will need close to 300K
shyenar999:
Pls OP can 50k b used to grow a mixed plant of cassava n maize on a acre of land in variable regardless of location....from d cost of acquiring *leasing* d land till d time of harvest?.....if no what wld b d estimated cost

1 Like

Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by staysure: 7:53am On May 29, 2017
nice post
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by know: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
TokyoBulls:
A bundle of cassava stems typically contains 50 (practically between 40 to 50) stems. Each stem is approximately 1m long. The picture shows bundles of cassava stems

Bro,pls can you advise on the kind of hybrid one can use that can mature in 9 months time. Thanks
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 29, 2017
know:

Bro,pls can you advise on the kind of hybrid one can use that can mature in 9 months time. Thanks
stop sending those useless pm. I don't know you
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by OluchiDelly: 11:08am On Jun 29, 2017
Kathmandu:
stop sending those useless pm. I don't know you

grin Haba Kath in the public? Why not do this privately. He may want to get some info from u.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 29, 2017
OluchiDelly:

grin Haba Kath in the public? Why not do this privately. He may want to get some info from u.

This is the third time he is doing such. I have small circle of friends from Nairaland that i relate withh offline. I don't know him
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Adebayor4ril: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Agrotrust:
more profit can be made from cassava if you can process your cassava yourself into finished product such as gari, flower, starch, chips if u have the capital to acquire cassava processing equipment

Pls if I want to process into garri myself and or flour.
What equipments are required and price to set up the mini processing?
Pls mail it to me or whatsapp 08069387799.
I may not b aware of ur reply bcoz the post has bn awhile now.
Thanks
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Zhadhorktor: 8:27am On Jul 30, 2017
One of the biggest cassava processing plants/factory in Africa is in Kogi state. Needing about 500 tons daily of cassava tubers. Hit me up on : 09073065879 for details and discussion.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by snow1114: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pls sir @ TokyoBulls i want to start a farm of 75 acres of cassava and maize i really need ur help
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by snow1114: 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
U can contact me on watsapp 08149073010 @ TokyoBulls
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by snow1114: 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
U can contact me on watsapp 08149073010 @ TokyoBulls
jephito:

A round of applause for you sir! I wish I can concisely write as you have done. But let me attempt.

I made 110% ROI from the cassava farm I cultivated last year and sold this year (March/April) and last year I made 48% ROI. I planted the same stem though the farm are in different location.
So what changed? A lot of factors are responsible.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 17, 2017
RealityShot:

I can't wait to combine cassava and plantain farming!

No bush burning.. .
Constant mulching... grin
Please don't do it. None of the two will do well. You have three scenario in the combo
1 . plant cassava then plantain
2 . plant plantain then cassava
3 . plant both same time

In the 1st and 2nd scenario one would shade each other, while in the 3rd scenario the stunting and competition will result to regrets.

1 Like

Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by lilreese: 11:32am On Oct 22, 2017
Interesting
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by RealityShot: 11:02am On Oct 28, 2017
happybrother:

Please don't do it. None of the two will do well. You have three scenario in the combo
1 . plant cassava then plantain
2 . plant plantain then cassava
3 . plant both same time

In the 1st and 2nd scenario one would shade each other, while in the 3rd scenario the stunting and competition will result to regrets.
thank you
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by naijaoil: 9:39am On Jan 03, 2018
Agrotrust:

Profit calculation based on one hectare calculation (1ha)
A virgin land produces about 25 to 28 tonns/ ha @ 15,000 to 17,000

Let’s say about 26 tonnes x 17,000 = 442,000 expected sale

expected sales - expenditure = profit

Thanks OP for this analysis. But what about breakdown of labour cost for harvesting
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by bigdot1759(m): 11:30am On Jan 03, 2018
are u telling me if u intercrop maize& casava, ur yield. will low.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by muklet93: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2018
Pls what did chemical X and Chemical Y stand for.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by moscobabs(m): 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
Agrotrust:
Dear all,

the cost of cultivation of cassava varies from location please find out about the actual price in your location. this is just a guideline as the farming season draws close
[center]LAND PREPARATION FOR CASSAVA[/center]

Ploughing: this is the primary tillage to loosen or turn the soil.
PLOUGHING (single operation)/ acre = N4500
2.5 acres = 1hectre : N 4500 *2.5= N11, 250/hectare

HARROWING: is an implement for breaking up and smoothing out the surface of the soil. This operation is very important as far as cassava cultivation is involved. The more the soil is loosened, the better the chances of having large cassava roots.
HARROWING (single operation)/ acre = N4500
2.5 acres = 1hectre : N 4500 *2.5= N11, 250/hectare

PLANTING MATERIALS
1 hectare requires 60 bundles of cassava stems
1 bundle of cassava stem cost N 350
Therefore, 1 ha/60 bundles will be N 350* 60= N21, 000/ha

FIELD OPERATIONS
Planting: cost of this operation /ha = N10000
Spraying of herbicides: 1 ha requires 4litres of chemical X @ 1500 each (N6000/ha)
4litres of chemical Y @ 2500 each (N10000/ha)
N16000 Per Ha
Weeding
First weeding occurs 6-8 weeks after planting and the price is area dependent
1 ha cost N20, 000

Second weeding
Occurs at Months after planting. Depending on the nature of the farm; if weeding is still necessary, it will be done but if a canopy producing variety is cultivated, chemical spray will be preferable.
In-case of chemical weeding, 1 ha = N6000
Labor = N5000/ha
Third weeding
If it would be necessary, it surely will be chemical weeding.
In-case of chemical weeding, 1 ha = #6000
Labor =# 5000/ha

Op can someone plant cassava and maize together?

Will it make my cassava output low?

will be waiting for yur reply Thanks
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Ejiod(m): 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2018
moscobabs:

Op can someone plant cassava and maize together?

Will it make my cassava output low?

will be waiting for yur reply Thanks
I'm waiting for this reply too. I'm about planting both on 2Ha but waiting for NIMET signal. My colleague said its better but not convinced

1 Like

Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
RealityShot:

If I have 1hectare to farm..
I will surely build a processing plant on it..
Its pride and lack of access to land that's keeping youths
from making huge capital from Farming.

AGRICULTURE IS VERY PROFITABLE MY FRIEND grin
its just pride
almost everyone has access to their village ancestral land
see empty land on highway
no be pesin get d land
dem no fit beg d pesin to borrow dem
abeg may den enter bush hammer
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by peace2012: 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
Please what is the current price of cassava?
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by RealityShot: 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
its just pride almost everyone has access to their village ancestral land see empty land on highway no be pesin get d land dem no fit beg d pesin to borrow dem abeg may den enter bush hammer
lol...beg... lol
when you plant finish ; the "real" owner go show.. All your efforts go hang

1 Like

Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Idemujoseph: 8:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
I have 10,000 bundle of cassava stems for sale. Location is Edo state. 300 Naira per bundle. You are to come for pick up. 09056821655
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:50am On Mar 16, 2018
RealityShot:
lol...beg...
lol

na why i say beg first
anyway those wen no wan enter farm bfor go kuma find excuse
mowu see where siddon look go carry us
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
village land nko
why e no show for 60yrs
abegi jus say you no wan die yet wan go heaven
RealityShot:
lol...beg...
lol

Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by skipo01: 7:20am On Mar 17, 2018
please I need TME419 cassava stem to plant 2 hectares in Ilorin. kindly contact me if you can supply
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by RealityShot: 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
village land nko why e no show for 60yrs abegi jus say you no wan die yet wan go heaven
oga... if you get land for your villa.. sell give me..forget my hilly villa.
where be that? i fit get 1 hecta or more?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks / Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! / Sack Farming From Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.