Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced (70509 Views)

Just Got Posted To Kano State. I'm Sad Mehn / Gombe Corper Dies In Accident On His Way To Taraba (Photos) / What Corpers Serving In Fuk, Gombe Are Passing Through (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by sammyscholar(m): 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
How A Sister Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe, For NYSC And What She Faced

This happened way back in 2005 but I think it still worths sharing, anyway.

So sister finished from Unilorin and was posted to Gombe for her mandatory National Youth Service. Camping was momentous and equally awesome. Soon, she finished camping, and luckily for her, she was posted to NNPC, Gombe, for her PPA. In no time, she was at NNPC, Gombe, together with other corp members posted to the PPA (a place she never imagined even in her widest imagination).

She was posted there anyway and all was just beautiful.

But getting to the PPA, she experienced the greatest nepotism and favouritism of her life.

Seriously, Nigeria don become somthing else e don tey. They asked them to submit their documents along with letter from the WHO IS WHOs. The rest submitted their documents together with letters from dignitaries. She could not produce any letter and it was then that it dawned on her that everything was ARRANGEE.

They had made mistake to send her along with the SPECIAL ONES because they already had the exact number of corp members they needed. They told her she was a daughter of nobody and that there was no place for her at NNPC.

She was so embittered and had no choice than to leave. Has she made into the city of Gombe heading to no where in particular, lo and behold, she walked into the state NYSC cordinator's wife.

They had met during camping and as an extrovert that she is, she had related with the coordinator's family. The woman wondered why she wandered around and asked her what had happened. She narrated her ordeal and then, the tuzzle began.

She informed the Coordinator, her husband, ASAP, and he promptly threatened to withdraw all corp members at NNPC, Gombe, if they failed to absorb her. They retorted that they already got the maximum number of corp members they needed. The Coodinator stood on his words so they agreed to conduct exam for the corp members to screen out one person.

The exam was conduct and she excellently passed. Having no other justifiable means to get her out, they absorbed her but scorned her for months before they finally resigned to fate.

I believe this is just a single out of many cases of this type. Seriously, systems in Nigeria have become so rotten from time immemorial. Please let this get to the from page; it might be what someone somewhere is going through right now.

176 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by auntysimbiat(f): 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
hmmmm.... ok oo

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by JOLSOFT(m): 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
sammyscholar:

So sister finished from Unilorin and was posted to Gombe for her mandatory National Youth Service. Camping was momentous and equally awesome. Soon, she finished camping, and luckily for her, she was posted to NNPC, Gombe, for her PPA. In no time, she was at NNPC, Gombe, together with other corp members posted to the PPA (a place she never imagined even in her widest imagination). She was posted there anyway and all was just beautiful. But getting to the PPA, she experienced the greatest nepotism and favouritism of her life. Seriously, Nigeria don become somthing else e don tey. They asked them to submit their documents along with letter from the WHO IS WHOs. The rest submitted their documents together with letters from dignitaries. She could not produce any letter and it was then that it dawned on her that everything was ARRANGEE. They had made mistake to send her along with the SPECIAL ONES because they already had the exact number of corp members they needed. They told her she was a daughter of nobody and that there was no place for her at NNPC. She was so embittered and had no choice than to leave. Has she made into the city of Gombe heading to no where in particular, lo and behold, she walked into the state NYSC cordinator's wife. They had met during camping and as an extrovert that she is, she had related with the coordinator's family. The woman wondered why she wandered around and asked her what had happened. She narrated her ordeal and then, the tuzzle began. She informed the Coordinator, her husband, ASAP, and he promptly threatened to withdraw all corp members at NNPC, Gombe, if they failed to absorb her. They retorted that they already got the maximum number of corp members they needed. The Coodinator stood on his words so they agreed to conduct exam for the corp members to screen out one person. The exam was conduct and she excellently passed. Having no other justifiable means to get her out, they absorbed her but scorned her for months before they finally resigned to fate.

I believe this is just a single out of many cases of this type. Seriously, systems in Nigeria have become so rotten from time immemorial. Please let this get to the from page; it might be what someone somewhere is going through right now.

cc:
seun
lalasticlala
That's why we are still where we are...We don't look for what the next person will offer us but we look around for signatures of who is who at the end we absorb dumb to some important places

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by watered(m): 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2017
This one na small na. In Tiwa Savage's voice "If I start to talk, the things wey my eyes don see my brothers e no go end"

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by sammyscholar(m): 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
watered:
This one na small na. In Tiwa Savage's voice "If I start to talk, the things wey my eyes don see my brothers e no go end"
bro talk am na.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by sammyscholar(m): 6:05am On Feb 16, 2017
JOLSOFT:

That's why we are still where we are...We don't look for what the next person will offer us but we look around for signatures of who is who at the end we absorb dumb to some important places
spot on!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by sammyscholar(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
sammyscholar:

So sister finished from Unilorin and was posted to Gombe for her mandatory National Youth Service. Camping was momentous and equally awesome. Soon, she finished camping, and luckily for her, she was posted to NNPC, Gombe, for her PPA. In no time, she was at NNPC, Gombe, together with other corp members posted to the PPA (a place she never imagined even in her widest imagination).

She was posted there anyway and all was just beautiful.

But getting to the PPA, she experienced the greatest nepotism and favouritism of her life.

Seriously, Nigeria don become somthing else e don tey. They asked them to submit their documents along with letter from the WHO IS WHOs. The rest submitted their documents together with letters from dignitaries. She could not produce any letter and it was then that it dawned on her that everything was ARRANGEE.

They had made mistake to send her along with the SPECIAL ONES because they already had the exact number of corp members they needed. They told her she was a daughter of nobody and that there was no place for her at NNPC.

She was so embittered and had no choice than to leave. Has she made into the city of Gombe heading to no where in particular, lo and behold, she walked into the state NYSC cordinator's wife.

They had met during camping and as an extrovert that she is, she had related with the coordinator's family. The woman wondered why she wandered around and asked her what had happened. She narrated her ordeal and then, the tuzzle began.

She informed the Coordinator, her husband, ASAP, and he promptly threatened to withdraw all corp members at NNPC, Gombe, if they failed to absorb her. They retorted that they already got the maximum number of corp members they needed. The Coodinator stood on his words so they agreed to conduct exam for the corp members to screen out one person.

The exam was conduct and she excellently passed. Having no other justifiable means to get her out, they absorbed her but scorned her for months before they finally resigned to fate.

cc:
seun
lalasticlala
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by slurryeye: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
Good read
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Damilare5882(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
That's naija for you ...but meanwhile ...You finished from LAUTECH and you never experienced at least 6 months strike ...Abeg come here .come closer please I am not beating you ..I just one ask you one question...abeg which lautech you go ? grin grin

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by MrGreenMavro: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
grin
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by shumuel(m): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Lol grin so you sister served at Mallam Sidi

2 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by RealHaute: 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ain't this something.

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by dhardline(m): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nigeria na country? The Nepotism and tribalism is every f**king where in this country and it sucks. Even when I got admission to federal government college it the south west due to fact I was still Young then my mum later told me they didn't want to take me in cause I was not Yoruba. Went for NYSC in Benin and tried to get a ppa at NPDC but when anyone I met asked me where I was from and discovered I was not from edo the urge to listen to me just leaves them. Go to federal parastals, che the army, check the state institutions, even the private institutions are not left out. Eco bank;Yoruba, Diamond bank:igbo:zenith bank edo, unity bank :Hausa and same with all other banks and companies.

Abeg make them break this country built on lies and hate

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by izzou(m): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
angry

In nigeria, nothing goes for nothing

You gats know somebody to get something. All the female corpers that flirted with camp officials and coordinators went to the capital to serve.

11 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by kateskitty(f): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wow shocked
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Negotiate: 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Good
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by NNVanguard(m): 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thus scenario and many more has been our driving force in the New Nigeria Vanguard, as we boldly stand against such.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by spartan117(m): 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
With God all things are possible

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Chiccly(f): 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
My dear,it is well.

The circle has become "the rich to the rich"

May the grace of God that breaks all protocols locate us in Jesus name!

28 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Raintaker(m): 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Bad read, chairman edit your work before u click d submit button.

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by SetrakusRa(m): 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Don't tell me she's that tiny corper on that picture? shocked

2 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Okey80: 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
And you say this country go better. It ain't gonna happen

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Flexherbal(m): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
watered:
Many people don see things for this country
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by VirginFinder: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
eh ya
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by snika: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Haha. Who doesn't know that Nigeria is a zoo.

2 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by doubled123(m): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Front page!!!

End time NNPC grin grin grin
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by hucienda: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Everyday naija occurrence.

Next!!
angry

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by samijay8(m): 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
9ja be like Where's your letter from Alhaji so so so. Which arms of government send u here? Judi or Exec or Legi.

5 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by otijah2: 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wetin consign 2015 and 2017 eeh
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by ugochukwufrenzy: 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
JOLSOFT:

must u quote d whole post..nıgerıans sef.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC Current Allowance For States In Nigeria (2014) / Muhammad Musa And Hauwa Bagudu: 2 Corpers Wed In Kano (Photos) / Fish Seller Buys A Car As She Completes Her NYSC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.