Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced (70508 Views)

Just Got Posted To Kano State. I'm Sad Mehn / Gombe Corper Dies In Accident On His Way To Taraba (Photos) / What Corpers Serving In Fuk, Gombe Are Passing Through (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 01, 2019
sammyscholar:
How A Sister Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe, For NYSC And What She Faced

This happened way back in 2005 but I think it still worths sharing, anyway.

So sister finished from Unilorin and was posted to Gombe for her mandatory National Youth Service. Camping was momentous and equally awesome. Soon, she finished camping, and luckily for her, she was posted to NNPC, Gombe, for her PPA. In no time, she was at NNPC, Gombe, together with other corp members posted to the PPA (a place she never imagined even in her widest imagination).

She was posted there anyway and all was just beautiful.

But getting to the PPA, she experienced the greatest nepotism and favouritism of her life.

Seriously, Nigeria don become somthing else e don tey. They asked them to submit their documents along with letter from the WHO IS WHOs. The rest submitted their documents together with letters from dignitaries. She could not produce any letter and it was then that it dawned on her that everything was ARRANGEE.

They had made mistake to send her along with the SPECIAL ONES because they already had the exact number of corp members they needed. They told her she was a daughter of nobody and that there was no place for her at NNPC.

She was so embittered and had no choice than to leave. Has she made into the city of Gombe heading to no where in particular, lo and behold, she walked into the state NYSC cordinator's wife.

They had met during camping and as an extrovert that she is, she had related with the coordinator's family. The woman wondered why she wandered around and asked her what had happened. She narrated her ordeal and then, the tuzzle began.

She informed the Coordinator, her husband, ASAP, and he promptly threatened to withdraw all corp members at NNPC, Gombe, if they failed to absorb her. They retorted that they already got the maximum number of corp members they needed. The Coodinator stood on his words so they agreed to conduct exam for the corp members to screen out one person.

The exam was conduct and she excellently passed. Having no other justifiable means to get her out, they absorbed her but scorned her for months before they finally resigned to fate.

I believe this is just a single out of many cases of this type. Seriously, systems in Nigeria have become so rotten from time immemorial. Please let this get to the from page; it might be what someone somewhere is going through right now.

It is the favour of God.
God,Please favour me in all aspects of my life,Amen.
When God says yes man's no doesn't count.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC Current Allowance For States In Nigeria (2014) / Muhammad Musa And Hauwa Bagudu: 2 Corpers Wed In Kano (Photos) / Fish Seller Buys A Car As She Completes Her NYSC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.