Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

"How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" (17451 Views)

Senior Lawyer Wears Torn Gown And Wig To Court As Nigerians React. Photos / Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER & Virgin COCONUT OIL For SKIN And HAIR Beauty / Why Do Lawyers Wear The Wig And Gown? Here Is Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by chidubem93(m): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
My people I am in deep financial crisis, salaries got slashed at my work place but my costs r d same. I heard that the wig making business especially d braids 1 is a money maker, I can make hair very well. Please advise on how much to start with & where to get the necessary items.
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by henryofficial: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
I started mine 9 months ago and I can assure you its a very lucrative business for sure! I was out of a job, broke and recovering from an accident when my aunt advised me to put my craft to use. She gave me the N60K that I used to start with and showed me where to get my supplies for cheap on MallforAfrica. With that money I bought enough things to make 10 wigs and made over 3x the profit, I am eternally grateful.
You mentioned that you braid well, is this the only type of wig you want to focus on? I think you can expand as ladies love different styles. I first started with braiding, but because the items are from the US, I found a variety of braiding hair (curly, wavy, human hair, crotchet, faux locs) and then I moved on to making other wigs, my dear see orishirishi hair styles, I got a variety of hair pieces on Mallforafrica, the type you can’t find anywhere in the market. I resell their weavons too, synthetic and human hair.
I also bought the lace wig caps, crotchet needles, bonding glue, mannequin head and a variety of closure patterns. You should check YouTube to learn different techniques.
You can also e-mail me for more details/tutorials if you are interested iyabojoyoa@gmail.com
See sample of my stuff.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by OFFICIALERICJR: 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
Wow from what stores please? And how is the shipping?
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by OFFICIALERICJR: 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
henryofficial:
I started mine 9 months ago and I can assure you its a very lucrative business for sure! I was out of a job, broke and recovering from an accident when my aunt advised me to put my craft to use. She gave me the N60K that I used to start with and showed me where to get my supplies for cheap on MallforAfrica. With that money I bought enough things to make 10 wigs and made over 3x the profit, I am eternally grateful.
You mentioned that you braid well, is this the only type of wig you want to focus on? I think you can expand as ladies love different styles. I first started with braiding, but because the items are from the US, I found a variety of braiding hair (curly, wavy, human hair, crotchet, faux locs) and then I moved on to making other wigs, my dear see orishirishi hair styles, I got a variety of hair pieces on Mallforafrica, the type you can’t find anywhere in the market. I resell their weavons too, synthetic and human hair.
I also bought the lace wig caps, crotchet needles, bonding glue, mannequin head and a variety of closure patterns. You should check YouTube to learn different techniques.
You can also e-mail me for more details/tutorials if you are interested iyabojoyoa@gmail.com
See sample of my stuff.
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by Dammiep: 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
OFFICIALERICJR:

The items are available on ebonyline.com, you can ship for as little as N3500 ($7) to Nigeria for anything you buy there. I am their agent, if you need help shopping o, you can give me your numbers.
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by ajonwa93: 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2017
I also run a wig shop in Kubwa and I can tell you the first and most important step in establishing the business is to secure a supply source for your wig materials. My business suffered greatly because I didn’t have this, I was importing hair supplies from China, and the cost, delivery delay plus customs wahala was just disrupting me. I will try MallforAfrica and if this N3500 shipping is true, this will be amazing! God bless you for being entrepreneurial and asking, this is what nairaland is for.

chidubem93:
My people I am in deep financial crisis, salaries got slashed at my work place but my costs r d same. I heard that the wig making business especially d braids 1 is a money maker, I can make hair very well. Please advise on how much to start with & where to get the necessary items.
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by barbie047: 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2017
Please d link, ayam interested.

Dammiep:

The items are available on ebonyline.com, you can ship for as little as N3500 ($7) to Nigeria for anything you buy there. I am their agent, if you need help shopping o, you can give me your numbers.

1 Like

Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by Dammiep: 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
barbie047:
Please d link, ayam interested.

www.ebonyline.com, you can send me your number so i can call you and put you through how to place the order.
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by chielozanambah: 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
I shop auto parts with MallforAfrica but didn’t know about this hair anyway am a guy so…u can trust them, cheaper than what you will find in the market and more variety. My advise is to set up an Instagram and facebook front to sell your wigs and reach more people. Good luck.

chidubem93:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by abuchi042: 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by abuchi042: 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by abuchi042: 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
I want to by bulk and resell the faux locs, will it still be N3500 to ship? 15 pieces of this please call me 07036511234

Dammiep:
www.ebonyline.com, you can send me your number so i can call you and put you through how to place the order.

Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by Emmymatz1989(m): 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
How do I place my order and ship down to Nigeria
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by Swithartore: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
This is my whatsapp number ma.. 07082713122.. I want to start a wigmaking business too.. I need where to get supplies in bulk.. N can u send me a list of things you advice me to get for a start..
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by joshuaudom(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2018
This business really rocks, I have a neighbor that is into it and make full time income from it.

1 Like

Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by Rhiya: 7:41am On Apr 08, 2019
Dammiep:
Please I’m interested here’s my number
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by Jayyin: 2:21am On May 01, 2019
@dammiep im interested in this ebonyline thing but i dunno how to ship to nigeria. please help. my number is 08129321753. please call me thanks.
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by visiblincognito: 6:32am On May 01, 2019
henryofficial:
See sample of my stuff.
text me up..quality goods.yiu don’t pay a dime till goods have safely arrived your possession and receipt is confirmed...+13218954823..text me up
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by gegedos(f): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
Please I am also interested in wig making business, here is my no 08028901855
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by Eunybaby(f): 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2020
henryofficial:
See sample of my stuff.

pls am interested in the business, how do I reach you. This is my number 08160587626. Can we talk
Re: "How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" by Dinah247: 8:45pm On May 13, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Kenya Airways Sacks 22 Of Its 26 Nigerian Workers / Hardship In Nigeria: 35k Salary Earners, How Are You Surviving? / Angry Workers In Ondo Drag Accountant-General To The Bank For Their Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.