Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? (1935 Views)

Disappointments/Difficulties Every Atheist Can Relate With / A Question For Christians, Atheist Can Join. / 5 Ways Apostle Suleman Can Prove His Innocence In Stephanie Otobo’s Sex Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 5:45pm On Feb 16, 2017
We see alot of New online Atheist demand for proof of God's existence, but can they even prove their mums existence is not a figment of their imagination? let's put it to the test smiley , note if u can't it means u only believe your mum exists and not Know she does
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by lepasharon(f): 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
Lawd.....*facepalm

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by jonbellion(m): 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
Blogthug:
We see alot of New online Atheist demand for proof of God's existence, but can they even prove their mums existence is not a figment of their imagination? let's put it to the test smiley , note if u can't it means u only believe your mum exists and not Know she does
aren't you a diest
This is quite funny
You do realise the deistic god is impossible to prove so I don't see the point
And what are you even saying

2 Likes

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Ranchhoddas: 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Blogthug:
What does the phrase 'reasonable doubt' mean to you?
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by felixomor: 6:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
Interesting!
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 6:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
jonbellion:
aren't you a diest
This is quite funny
You do realise the deistic god is impossible to prove so I don't see the point
And what are you even saying

when u say impossible to prove what do u mean, are u working with a bearded man imagine here? there is actually no difference between deistic God, Yahweh, Allah and Brahman, only that they are described differently, just like how scientists would describe Nature differently but would never ask themselves which nature?

1 Like

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 6:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What does the phrase 'reasonable doubt' mean to you?

a red herring? answer my question
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Ranchhoddas: 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2017
Blogthug:

a red herring? answer my question
Ah. This one na Olodo. No need to dissipate mental energy.

2 Likes

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Adhominem fallacy? how atheist of you

1 Like

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by onetrack(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
Even though my senses are flawed and limited, they remain the best source of evidence I have that something exists. Logic is the second best source of evidence.

I have seen, heard, and touched my mother, and logic tells me she must exist because I have only seen humans originate in mothers' wombs.

None of these apply to any deity.

5 Likes

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by 4kings: 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
nice one onetrack

His question stems from solipsism(i wonder why he is addressing it to atheists only)
So as a solipsist, the experience of child birth could be taken as projections from the subconscious.

The solipsism philosophy by Descartes is irrelevant to me, if i can't get to the "supposed full consciousness".

1 Like

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by onetrack(m): 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
4kings:
nice one onetrack

His question stems from solipsism(i wonder why he is addressing it to atheists only)
So as a solipsist, the experience of child birth could be taken as projections from the subconscious.

The solipsism philosophy by Descartes is irrelevant to me, if i can't get to the "supposed full consciousness".

Exactly. It is useless debating with anyone who appeals to solipsism because I could then use it to doubt the existence of the very person who is appealing to this, along with whatever he or she claims actually does exist (like some god).

2 Likes

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by kevoh(m): 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Smart decision. Take Orijin on my behalf!

1 Like

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by felixomor: 8:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
So far.

Nobody has been able to refute the OP one bit.
Only insults here and there.

Baby atheists, everywhere....... undecided
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 12:03am On Feb 19, 2017
onetrack:
Even though my senses are flawed and limited, they remain the best source of evidence I have that something exists. Logic is the second best source of evidence.

I have seen, heard, and touched my mother, and logic tells me she must exist because I have only seen humans originate in mothers' wombs.

None of these apply to any deity.

your seeing an touching your mother has not been proven to not be a figment of your imagination either lol
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 12:04am On Feb 19, 2017
4kings:
nice one onetrack

this isn't solipsism sorry
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 12:05am On Feb 19, 2017
onetrack:

Exactly. It is useless debating with anyone who appeals to solipsism because I could then use it to doubt the existence of the very person who is appealing to this, along with whatever he or she claims actually does exist (like some god).

again this isn't solipsism, can u or can u not prove your mums existence isn't a figment of your imagination
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 12:08am On Feb 19, 2017
felixomor:
So far.

it's only to demand for evidence for God that they know, they can't even prove their mums existence after she suffered and carried them for 9 months, they can't claim to know their mums exists but only believe she does since it doesn't require evidence , bunch of baby atheists smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by sonofluc1fer: 12:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Blogthug:
... can they even prove their mums existence is not a figment of their imagination?....
Can you prove 'anything' is not a figment of your imagination?
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by 4kings: 5:52am On Feb 19, 2017
Blogthug:

this isn't solipsism sorry
Ranchhoddas had the proper word for you.
Bye! smiley
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by onetrack(m): 9:17am On Feb 19, 2017
Blogthug:

again this isn't solipsism, can u or can u not prove your mums existence isn't a figment of your imagination

No, it's not truly solipsism but your argument is going to end up there.
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
onetrack:

No, it's not truly solipsism but your argument is going to end up there.

only way u can prove your mums existence isn't a figment of your imagination is if u can log into her consciousness , until then, u can only believe your mum exists and can't claim to know she does smiley
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Blogthug(m): 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
4kings:

Ranchhoddas had the proper word for you.
Bye! smiley

he is baby atheist just like u, sure both of you became atheist via fallacious memes
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Ranchhoddas: 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
Blogthug:

he is baby atheist just like u, sure both of you became atheist via fallacious memes
Shatap!
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by 4kings: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
Blogthug:

Sorry, i'm not an Atheist.

only way u can prove your mums existence isn't a figment of your imagination is if u can log into her consciousness , until then, u can only believe your mum exists and can't claim to know she does
The only way to also disprove solipsism is to log in to another's consciousness, like onetrack told you(since you don't know about solipsism), your argument eventually leads to that point.
Why this unnecessary waste of time?
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by Ranchhoddas: 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Blogthug:

only way u can prove your mums existence isn't a figment of your imagination is if u can log into her consciousness , until then, u can only believe your mum exists and can't claim to know she does smiley
So how is this different from solipsism? Are you sure you know what solipsism is?
Never mind don't respond!
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by akintom(m): 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
Blogthug:
A defeatist strawman act is peculiar to the most unintelligent religious lily-livered.

You sure don't have any iota of intelligent response, to the simple question of presenting just a proof, of your personal god idea.

The honest few among the religious folks here, have retreated to the terrain that indulges their charades.
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by frank317: 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
Blogthug:

Someone actually shared this garbage.

U just think of anything and ask for prove.

Can u prove that u are not a mad man talking?

If my mum is a figment of my imagination, how does that help the case of ur God's existence?

U actually sound like u have eventually given up on the quest to prove ur Gods existence. Well, if u think u can relegate ur mum just to prove an imaginary God that has done absolutely nothing to humanity exists, then go ahead.

As for me, my mum is so real and ur God is so nonexisting.
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by frank317: 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
felixomor:
Interesting!

I am not surprised that this garbage is interesting to u, isn't it obvious that it falls in line with ur level of intelligence?

3 Likes

Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by frank317: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Blogthug:

when u say impossible to prove what do u mean, are u working with a bearded man imagine here? there is actually no difference between deistic God, Yahweh, Allah and Brahman, only that they are described differently, just like how scientists would describe Nature differently but would never ask themselves which nature?

I described something differently and u say there is not difference? Do u even think at all?

Which scientists describe nature differently? Must u always drag science to ur delusion?
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by felixomor: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
frank317:

I am not surprised that this garbage is interesting to u, isn't it obvious that it falls in line with ur level of intelligence?

Hehehe,
grin
You dont usually have anything to say that is meaningful.....

#Sad lipsrsealed
Re: Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? by frank317: 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
felixomor:
So far.

U would have at least dared to respond to onetrack's post.
As usual... U see only what u want to see

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Now An Open Deist / What Is **Hyper Grace** Teaching? / African Traditional Religion Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.