Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista (2087 Views)

Dariye & Nyame’s Convictions, The Handwork Of Yaradua & GEJ Not PMB- Reno Omokri / Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months / Buhari's Health: His Time Is Almost Up Like Yaradua, World Will Be Shocked - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by odiks: 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
By the Former Barcanista but now TonyeBarcanista....

https://www.nairaland.com/1985177/external-reserve-debt-under-obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by odiks: 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
More

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by basty: 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
The sons and daughter of perdition will not see or read this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by muykem: 6:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
GEJ is a disaster to this country. I regret my support for him in 2011.

11 Likes

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by Aufbauh(m): 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
We all know that GEJ is a generational misfortune and a colossal failure.
If not for a prudent and disciplined leader like Buhari at the helm of affairs,it will have taken any other person at least a decade to undo the wrong of Mr. Fortunato aka Ineffectual buffoon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by Super1Star: 6:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
GEJ's tenure is a part of our history that should be erased.

5 Likes

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by omenkaLives(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
Lol.

Make una free Barca. It is called POLITICS!. grin
Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
Wailers will never remember history, all they do is criticise Buhari as if the problems with Nigeria started today.

7 Likes

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by chriskosherbal(m): 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
Okay clearly seen..

1 Like

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2017
Always making excuses for this failure before us
Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by kahal29: 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
Kai... Man may forget but the Internet never does

6 Likes

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
I'm sure I included this stat in the write-up!

I also quoted it in another writeup.

But are we better off under Buhari?

This government is in power not opposition, it will always be judged by what it has done and what it didn't do.

Use Your Brain @OP

The government was however unpopular due to the depletion of the reserve from $47 billion it inherited to $30 billion it left it, the depletion of the Excess Crude Account from $9 billion it inherited in 2010 to $2.1 billion despite oil boom period- no thanks to the demands of state governors to “share the money”, which most of them couldn’t justify
This was exact quote from today's article....

1 Like

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by mars123(m): 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

This government is in power not opposition, it will always be judged by what it has done and what it didn't do.

Use Your Brain @OP

are you using your brain

8 Likes

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by PassingShot(m): 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Use Your Brain @OP

Would you just shut up?

How could we have been better without any resources to improve our impoverished situation?

Your useless party looted what they inherited, looted what they earned, and left empty treasury. How could PMB have done a miracle under 2 years with a quarter of what we used to earn?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by PassingShot(m): 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
If a 3rd of Nigerians reasons like TonyeBarcanista, PDP would have a chance of returning in 2019. The good news is Nigerians will remind the useless party at the right time that it is no longer wanted in our political life.

APC/PMB have proved to be better managers of our resources than the looting pdp.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by ERockson: 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
The best government so far remains that of OBJ

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by TGM2015: 7:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Use Your Brain @OP

mars123:
are you using your brain
Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by BlackMbakara1(m): 7:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Use Your Brain @OP

Bros i hear say them don forfeit 34B to FG as proceed of "kwuruption" from the previous goverment. Imagine what that money can do in our Naija delta.

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by OlujobaSamuel: 9:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
PassingShot:

Would you just shut up?

How could we have been better without any resources to improve our impoverished situation?

Your useless party looted what they inherited, looted what they earned, and left empty treasury. How could PMB have done a miracle under 2 years with a quarter of what we used to earn?
lol, you no complete am, they even looted the future earnings join through advance borrowings against future generation earnings

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by ekanDamie: 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
obj and yaradua knew what they were doing. ESP obj even with limited source of income
obj exposed our economy to investors.
everything boomed during Objs time.yaradua too would made grounds.

Gej however is the mistake of the century. pmb, better still osinbajo should be given a 2ndchance

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by engineerboat(m): 5:37am On Feb 17, 2017
kahal29:
Kai... Man may forget but the Internet never does

NIGERIANS WILL NEVER FORGET..

"A serious government will fix power problem in 6 months."
- Babatunde Raji Fashola ( November 12, 2014)

"Stone us (APC) if we do not perform after 2 years."
- Tony Momoh ( April 3, 2016, The Guardian)

"The only way to have stable electricity is to vote out PDP."
- Fashola (July 12, 2014, The Nation)

"We seriously frown at President Goodluck Jonathan, over the "unceremonious removal" of the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mr Andrew Yakubu."
- APC (August 4, 2014, Channels Television)

"Jonathan leading a vision less government. "
- Yemi Oshumbade (December 22, 2014, Thisday & tweet @ProfOsinbajo)

"Jonathan should resign if he has no solution to the violence being unleashed on some parts of the country."
- El Rufai ( August 2012)

"The only solution to the present political uncertainty in the country is for the National Assembly to set machineries in motion for the impeachment of ailing President Umoru Musa Yar 'Adua. "
- Buhari (March 10, 2010, Sun Newspapers)

" Why is the nation’s currency, the Naira, now trading for N180 per Dollar, while the South African Rand is trading at R11 to one United States Dollar?"
- Fashola (December 26, 2014, The Nation)

"Give Nigerians a daily update on the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua to stem the growing rumours surrounding his state of health. "
- Lai December 21, 2009 (The Nation)

"Amaechi is not only clean but a tool to free Nigeria from the corruption imposed on us by those who hate our nation."
- APC (October 24, 2026, Vanguard)

"The recent proscription of Boko Haram and Ansaru, desirable violates the Constitution."
- Lai Mohammed (June 10, 2013, The Nation)

" I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again."
- Aisha Buhari (October 14,2016, BBC)

"People are now appointed to top posts because of the influence a "few people" wield."
"Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position,"
- Aisha Buhari (October 14, 2016, BBC)

"I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room."
- Buhari (October 14, 2016, BBC/ Punch)

"Buhari is giving cabals billions through forex subsidy."
- Emir Sanusi (August 26, 2016, Daily Trust)

"I can sit in my garden, make billions through forex without sweat."
– Emir of Kano (August 25, 2016)

"Buhari is a LIAR."
- Senator Shehu Sani (January 24, 2017, Daily Independent /YouTube )

"The funds spended were properly spended."
- Solomon Dalung, Sports Minister (December 19, 2016, Punch/ YouTube)

"Athletes don't need training to win medals."
- Solomon Dalung, Sports Minister(September 12, 2016, Vanguard)

AND I SAY IF YOU RELY ON NIGERIAN POLITICIANS YOU'LL KILL EVEN YOUR OWN MOTHER

They told us PMB is on vacation and had transmitted power to his deputy to act in his stead during his vacation.

All of a sudden, same PMB intercepts a call meant for the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria while still on vacation, with the presidential powers still vesting on the Acting President.

This is unprecedented in the history of this country that we have two individuals having presidential power at the same time.
Femi Adesina, Garba Shehu, Lai Mohammed, and the entire APC should hide their heads in shame.

Indeed Nigerians will never forget

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by engineerboat(m): 5:38am On Feb 17, 2017
PassingShot:
If a 3rd of Nigerians reasons like TonyeBarcanista, PDP would have a chance of returning in 2019. The good news is Nigerians will remind the useless party at the right time that it is no longer wanted in our political life.

APC/PMB have proved to be better managers of our resources than the looting pdp.

"We seriously frown at President Goodluck Jonathan, over the "unceremonious removal" of the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mr Andrew Yakubu."

"Jonathan should resign if he has no solution to the violence being unleashed on some parts of the country."

"The only solution to the present political uncertainty in the country is for the National Assembly to set machineries in motion for the impeachment of ailing President Umoru Musa Yar 'Adua. "

" Why is the nation’s currency, the Naira, now trading for N180 per Dollar, while the South African Rand is trading at R11 to one United States Dollar?"

"Give Nigerians a daily update on the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua to stem the growing rumours surrounding his state of health. "

"Amaechi is not only clean but a tool to free Nigeria from the corruption imposed on us by those who hate our nation."

"The recent proscription of Boko Haram and Ansaru, desirable violates the Constitution."

" I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again."

"People are now appointed to top posts because of the influence a "few people" wield."
"Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position,"

"I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room."

"Buhari is a LIAR."

They told us PMB is on vacation and had transmitted power to his deputy to act in his stead during his vacation.

All of a sudden, same PMB intercepts a call meant for the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria while still on vacation, with the presidential powers still vesting on the Acting President.

This is unprecedented in the history of this country that we have two individuals having presidential power at the same time.
Femi Adesina, Garba Shehu, Lai Mohammed, and the entire APC should hide their heads in shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by engineerboat(m): 5:43am On Feb 17, 2017
PassingShot:

Would you just shut up?

With

1. Grasscutter 250million SGF lawal
2. 250 million PYO heavenly gateway
3. Undisclosed and ghost insertion of 2 billion project by unknown individuals according to Fashola into his budget
4. Tax-payers money to pay for daily parking lots fir buhari jets in uk
5. Billions of cutleries for Aso Rock
6. For the 2nd Aso Rock is paying its lanlord rentage and the govt is yet to tell us who own Aso Rock

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by Firefire(m): 5:49am On Feb 17, 2017
Excellent compilation... tongue

I have enough newspaper's screenshot to back up most of your post. (Let keep that for now)

engineerboat:

"Buhari is a LIAR."

Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by RZArecta(m): 6:37am On Feb 17, 2017
Its a proven fact that the fear of TonyeBarcanista is the beginning of wisdom to APC as a party and its zombie supporters, imagine the Buhari media center had to work hard overnight doing a lousy research just to rebute what he wrote yesterday. Funny enough, research and intelligence is something they lack in quantum and refue to seek for help.
I advice APC zombies to follow the path of acting president Osinbajo by becoming reconciliatory with all Nigerians despite party differences so we can move this nation foward instead of acting like rabid bingos (though 250,000 naira salary can do a lot of damage to some peoples head sha) cool
Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by lincolnj88: 7:54am On Feb 17, 2017
grin you forgot to tell us yardua left GDP of $169b on November 2009 before his medical leave...Gej was at affair since then uptill 2015 may where he left GDP of $568.1b....

grin as a political economic analyst..you forgot that more spending in the right channel would have multiplier effect in the economy...

grin buhari has reduced our GDP to $488.6b and I believed you have experienced the effects of such.......
Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by akoko11: 8:10am On Feb 17, 2017
Oya let d argument start
Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by agbangam: 8:18am On Feb 17, 2017
Naija ooo
Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by vedaxcool(m): 8:21am On Feb 17, 2017
Barcanista is simply, out of tribalism, trying to refurbish his stealing brothers reign of locusts.
Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by AceRoyal: 8:45am On Feb 17, 2017
I wonder what this Country's external debt profile will look like after Buhari exits government! #ThinkingOutLoud
Re: Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista by timecapsule: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2017
I believe that when president from SE come in power all these matter will be solved. Or better still lets share our lose, TO YOUR TENT OH ISREAL. Instead of we playing a blame game al the time.

(1) (Reply)

How The Federal Character Principle Is Sinking Nigeria / JUST IN!! Buhari Hands Over Power To Osinbajo / For Detail News On Alhaji Dr Atku Abubakar Presidential Ambition:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.