Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

...... - Islam for Muslims (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ...... (213266 Views)

Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / It's Delusional & Sign Of Apostasy To Believe Angels Are Caught On Video Camera / Differences Between Angels And Jinn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...... by movado19: 6:03am On Jan 18, 2020
Empiree:
Well, it is simple. Even if devil disguises and brings "good healing", determining factor is sharia. We learned from hadith that shaytan gave a man ayat Qursi against himself(satan).

Devil is a liar but he brought something good and truthful. Malaika can teach a muslim this medicine as well

Side note, you live in Dubai?

Naam, 99 lies and 1 truth, if any at all, lol!
Yes, Malaika can certainly teach this and that's why one needs to be in a ready state mentally, spiritually and heart needs to come clean too.
As long as their "food" is constant, they will surely pay visit.

No, not Dubai. In the US.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 6:12am On Jan 18, 2020
movado19:

Naam, 99 lies and 1 truth, if any at all, lol!
Yes, Malaika can certainly teach this and that's why one needs to be in a ready state mentally, spiritually and heart needs to come clean too.
As long as their "food" is constant, they will surely pay visit.

No, not Dubai. In the US.
Yup, exactly. It is hard work to ge to this stage of malaika thing. It must be purely sharia-compliant (dhirk). What part in US?
Re: ...... by movado19: 6:21am On Jan 18, 2020
Empiree:
Yup, exactly. It is hard work to ge to this stage of malaika thing. It must be purely sharia-compliant (dhirk). What part in US?

Yes, hard work indeed but with sincerity, Allah's grace and help, InshaAllah achievable. Truly, there can't be crookedness in something like this if not, one would just be keying into something else completely.
Texas.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 6:29am On Jan 18, 2020
movado19:

Yes, hard work indeed but with sincerity, Allah's grace and help, InshaAllah achievable. Truly, there can't be crookedness in something like this if not, one would just be keying into something else completely.
Texas.
YOU GUYS FLOOD tx LIKE KILODE, LOL cheesy

I just discovered some of my high school friends there
Re: ...... by Empiree: 6:33am On Jan 18, 2020
ALAYE ORO NIPA JAWAHIRUL-MAHANI

https://www.facebook.com/latestislamiclectures/videos/2546931095432478/?__xts__[0]=68.ARDhekXBVk40mpYP-Aq5sb1xRX6hxsDgQkN-1ABt7JdrBBQAbwx5jLfHtRZy14iPbioiuiDlozFZMugq1lmQZEKBJmJuaNx4StDeh9WLZoGz2fWRi5Q0ERUxuPGSa9lUtdeSTwIeESOk7dnucsA8ghTf2twIh34dmMubPAFs6OE84LFc1cOIYdZx84yq54kftKrR9lqR26WEIK6Pwq9bJRGi9_8IZIi75lVLL2EU4rJurf9r5YKCcT8zweE7eIwVOuiB5nFE75nq8rDagdFrXWNd9AYckLOQawTejSF00k-MG-Edesx1qoF8VxvhvRE5agSZfg7NxHJV3oXBo8KCmomulWQAXc_l&__tn__=H-R
Re: ...... by movado19: 6:40am On Jan 18, 2020
Empiree:
YOU GUYS FLOOD tx LIKE KILODE, LOL cheesy

I just discovered some of my high school friends there

Lol!!!! grin
Yes,high chances that you'll bump into someone you haven't seen in a while is there.
Re: ...... by Usiyaro(m): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2020
aumeehn:
Assalamu Alaikum Brothers, i lost my grandfather and and teacher Modibbo Iya who passed away on 14th after a brief illness at the age of 97. Please put him in your prayers. I remember the last prayer he gave before his demise, recite waqee'a 41 fatiha 41 after Magrib prayers for 41 days! Allah will grant you all your wishes no matter how. I was waiting for him to find one of his books where he kept the sirri of fatiha and Basmalah but as Allah will have it he left us! May Allah grant him Jannatul Firdaus.

Allahummagfirhum warhamhum. Allahummarham mayyitana sagirana wa kabirana. Amin, sorry for your loss Allah Rene.
Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
Empiree:
First all, since we talking about islamic issue here, Jalabi (yoruba ascent) is in islam in itself in essence. I am only gonna emphasize on the essence as I did previous years. It is proven from Quran and Sunnah that it exist in islam, Jalib. So from islamic point of view, Jalabi means iwosan, period. Iwosan is simply divided into two; physical and spiritual. The Quran is not only a guidance for mankind but Allah has also made it a spiritual cure and healing for all types of ailments. This includes treatment of all worldly problems, physical and psychological ailments, and spiritual (evil eye, sihr, and so on.) Allah has clearly told us that the words of the Quran are a “shifa” (healing) for all and, therefore, when used with real belief in one’s heart, this form of treatment can bring miraculous cure to all forms of ailments. Allah says in the Quran:

And We send down of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe… (Quran, Surah Al-Israa, 17:82)

As for other forms of treatment, Islam does not discourage the use of treatments available to us through medical and other sciences. On the contrary, the use of such treatments is encouraged by the teachings of the noble prophet (s.a.w.) who sought the treatment of illnesses and diseases for himself and urged his followers to do the same. Thus, seeking medical treatment for the cure of diseases is part of the prophet’s tradition.

The Noble Nabi said:

“For every disease there is a medicine, and if that medicine is applied to the disease, he will recover by Allah’s Leave.” And he (s.a.w.) said: “Allah has not sent down any disease but He has also sent down the cure; the one who knows it, knows it and the one who does not know it, does not know it.”

Based on the above, it is clear that Islamic teachings fully support the use of all forms of treatment because the underlying principle is that Allah has created cures for all diseases. The key is to ensure that the right type of treatment is applied for the right type of ailment. The only condition in Islam is that all forms of treatment are allowed as long as they are not haram (against Islamic teachings).

So based on this we can infer that any forms of medicines used by Alfa in yorubaland are okay PROVIDED they are not haram. Allah created us in yorubaland knowing too well what goes on in our community that other communities don't have like West and Arabs . This is why Alfas in yorubaland sometimes use the same elements used by traditional worshippers. For instance, elewe omo where they sell both haram and halal. Babalawo, Alfa, Pastors go to them to buy their needs. Going there is not the problem at all. Problem is what you buy and what it is used for. We all go to supermarkets regardless of what we beliefs, isnt?. So in yorubaland there are some ailments they never heard of in western and arab world. We have these ailments and we have cures for them without having to seek medical experts abroad.

With regards to this phrase that I highlighted above, "Ela rowa, Ela rowa , Orunmila rowa", if i tell you that i never heard of it before I would be lying to you but I never heard of it in real life except movies grin and till this moment i have no idea what it means, wallahi. All i can say is that it is incantation. We have incantation in islam. It is called ruqya in arabic and ofo in yoruba. But we yoruba people are ashamed of our language sometimes due to attribute(s) given to them. If you mentioned "ofo" to your fellow yoruba people they simply assume you are alawo etc but that's very wrong. Ofo is simply "word" we utter. So islam does not forbade ofo in as much it is not shirk or haram. I will appreciate if you can tell me the meaning of "Ela rowa, Ela rowa , Orunmila rowa" in order for me to determine whether it is halal or haram. As for Orunmila, there is nothing divine about him. He was simply a human being. They coined the word. Orunmila means Orun (ohun) lo mo eni ti o ma la. You can translate that to english. Problem however is that, yoruba traditionalists have taken credit for seemingly innocent words or phrases and turned them into some sort of deities which is why average muslims would love to distance themselves from some of these yoruba nonsense including myself.

See all these things, gberre sinsin( making incisions), preparing aseje (making concoctions) and sometimes ipese sise (making sacrifices) they aren't shirk for as long as you dont make them shirk. They are used for ruqya or iwosan in yorubaland. Alfa, alawo or pastor can use it. But if it has to do with kadara, then I have problem with that bcus anything that has to do with kadara, we already have many dua we can do. Dua can cure bad kadara but dua alone can not and will not cure ailment bcus we aren't prophets and we are given green light to use medicines for cure of ailments. So if you see a muslim who is sick and refuses to see doctor or get medical attention and only relies on dua, such is ignorant.

So gbere sinsin back in the days had to do with curing ailments (not really something serious). Many of us have it on our faces. Usually it was due to giri (tremor, shock) etc. They quickly get hold of the baby and applied gbere they already prepared and baby was alright. This is a known fact. Again, it boils down to as long as the contents arent haram. Aseje, yes, there are cases like this where this prescription applied. It also has to do with ailment and aseje is recommended. That's, animal (eran igbe), eyele, adiye etc I cited Antar Laniyan as example earlier. But ipese, by the sound of the word itself, it is clear what it means and this is haram. We dont need to mince words. If you prepare ipese, to whom you want to make the sacrifice?. Awon aye, abi?. Nonsense.

If it involves ailment and sacrifice is recommended, it is very simple. I have posted many duas on this platform over the years. The only sacrifice that is permissible here is to organize dua like yasin and the sick person sits or lies down in the middle. We have done this before in the 90s. We organized dua yasin, jabariyyah, khutba etc for Allah to restore the woman's health but this was after physical medicines were applied by us. We organized the prayer to ka se nle and Allah accepted it and restored her health and made sadaqa. This is sacrifice i know. I dont know any sacrifice they take to orita meta. That's shirk. And of course there might be cases of extreme circumstances like i have narrated about Mr. A in this thread, remember?. But that was tira. So some alfa mixed yoruba thing with islam. Again, there is nothing wrong with mixing local medicines and "sunnah" medicine. It is all sunnah as long as nothing haram in it. But if you apply arab culture and arab mentality, you may reject yoruba medicine and want to uphold "sunnah" medicine which i found to be ignorant bcus every country on earth deals with their own certain situation. We are not homogeneous people.

That said, all sorts of ogun (vooodoo) that have to do with kadara like ose awure, ose itaja, afaro, aworo, agbelepota, eyonu aye, eyonu agba etc all these are haram and lead to shirk. We have istigfar to replace these things. Eyonu agba ko, eyonu omode ni. All of them are haram but it doesnt mean labelling alfa who does this a kafir. Not at all. With time he will dump them. I was told by my sheikh that the reason some alfa do this in yorubaland is bcus of the way Islam came to them. They might practice islam from their babalawo father, grandfather, uncle etc who reverted to islam and dropped all major activities considered shirk but held on to minor things he considered "oro aye". So narrating orunmila story and all that is nothing as long as he doesnt take orunmila as deity. But all these things i have said have nothing to do with Jalabi. Jalabi is iwosan (both physical and spiritual) and isegun. This is separate. Isegun is halal on the condition i have mentioned. No alfa in history of yoruba condemned isegun. Ebo is what they condemned. So it depends on alfas. They have different fields. Some are strictly about making dua for clients and sacrifice animal to Allah. Some alfas are onisegun but they dont have energy to make long dua. Thats not their area. And some alfa combined both which is the best. My sheikh combined both.

Example, a UK based Nigerian woman in her 60s back in the 90s had stoke. She was brought from UK to nigeria to our house on wheelchair. We went to the market to buy ewe ati egbo and epo igi of different types. These things were used for her and within months she walked back to UK if you know what i mean. Question is, where did my sheikh learn this from?. None. Allah naturally teaches some people by His Divine Wisdom. You just simply know it without going to school. It could be through dream, meditation etc

Remember, I once mentioned that I am versed in Yoruba traditional religion...
Trust me when I say Orunmila in Yoruba religion is no ordinary person...He is a deity believed to be a witness on the day destinies are being distributed...
He is also believed to be able to reformat people's destinies for good.
The concept of Olodumare/ God is of a being higher than the irunmoles, but is just there without being involved in any activities in a man's life...
The irunmoles are the ones who are involved.
I digress.
Back to your highlighted point, Ela rowa 2* means ela descend 2*. Ela is the son of oyigi who the Yorubas believe is the saviour of the world..
It is imperative to state that incorporating Odu Ifa or calling on something similar is tantamount to shirk in Islam.
Having said this, I am not disputing the roles of herbs in healing ( these are natural).

3 Likes

Re: ...... by Empiree: 6:03am On Jan 19, 2020
Alhajiemeritus:

Remember, I once mentioned that I am versed in Yoruba traditional religion...
Trust me when I say Orunmila in Yoruba religion is no ordinary person...He is a deity believed to be a witness on the day destinies are being distributed...
He is also believed to be able to reformat people's destinies for good.
The concept of Olodumare/ God is of a being higher than the irunmoles, but is just there without being involved in any activities in a man's life...
The irunmoles are the ones who are involved.
I digress.
Back to your highlighted point, Ela rowa 2* means ela descend 2*. Ela is the son of oyigi who the Yorubas believe is the saviour of the world..
It is imperative to state that incorporating Odu Ifa or calling on something similar is tantamount to shirk in Islam.
Having said this, I am not disputing the roles of herbs in healing ( these are natural).
Na'am. Thanks. I am not versed in yoruba traditional trash. If Orunmila is what you stated here, then, all that crap am not interested. They are borderline shirk. Isegun is divided into 2 in yorubaland. Isegun iwosan like ewe, egbo etc used in halal way. They are also used in haram or shirk way. But the essence is, ewe and egbo are islamically acceptable for iwosan. But when it comes to kadara, a'dua are many to remedy that. We don't need orunmila, oduduwa, ela iwori, ela rowa and all that. These are idan. So some of the alfa mix isegun iwosan and isegun shirk together. Either they got confused or mischievious, i have no idea. May Allah rectify them. We can only give them dawah. They may or may not know about islam very well but they are unable to discern properly.

Also let me bring your attention to something. Some of these people are not alfa at all. They are sakamanje. They do what they do bcus of what they want to eat. So they pretend as if they know or have "miracle" to deceive sheeples. But reality is, there is absolutely nothing in trash they put together. They are 419 or what is called المحتال or مزورة. This is why I was not exposed to yoruba traditional things except cultural dances. So this fellow you talked about, next time you see him, give him nasiha. He may be alfa onisegun and he needs to study differences btw isegun Islam and isegun shirk. I remembered watching sheikh Sasili Sambo(ra) on a topic similar to Jalabi and isegun. Sheikh said, after condemning shirk, that "mi o so pe isegun ko da ooo Isegun ebo ni ko da".

Thanks for clarifying

3 Likes

Re: ...... by aumeehn: 9:51am On Jan 19, 2020
Ameen Ameen to All your prayers.

Sheik Empiree and the rest of the brothers in the house whats your take on sitting on BUZU (Ram Skin) for prayers? Some people even arrange the complete bones of the ram (full skeleton) and store it under their beds, i personally know someone who have it under his bed. They sleep on the bed after marathon prayers in the middle of the night. Dont you think its haram? Honestly it look diabolic to me.

I sent you a pm, @Empiree i want to discuss some personal issues with you.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
aumeehn:
Ameen Ameen to All your prayers.

Sheik Emp.iree and the rest of the brothers in the house whats your take on sitting on BUZU (Ram Skin) for prayers? Some people even arrange the complete bones of the ram (full skeleton) and store it under their beds, i personally know someone who have it under his bed. They sleep on the bed after marathon prayers in the middle of the night. Dont you think its haram? Honestly it look diabolic to me.

I sent you a pm, @Emp.iree i want to discuss some personal issues with you.
I no be sheikh ooo please.

You are referring to áwó. This is fine especially ram slaughtered for ileya. It is just carpet. But bones shocked never heard of that. That sounds crazy. I can't comment on it bcuz I do not know.

Will check your mail
Re: ...... by Empiree: 2:43am On Jan 20, 2020
Sura Tawbah 128/129

The above two Aayaths are very important. Both are nothing but Mouludhu in praise of the Holy Prophet Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam.

The first Aayat speaks about the exaltation of the Holy Prophet Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam. The second Aayat Instructs (the Mumins) to ignore those who refuse to accept the supremacy of the Holy Prophet Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam.

Sayyiduna Anas Ibnu Malik Radhiyallaahu Anhu has reported from Rasoolullaahi Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam that if anyone recites the above two Aayats once in the morning, he will not die till that evening and if he recites them in the evening, death will not occur to him till the next morning and that no serious injury or difficulty will befall him.

Sayyiduna Anas Radhiyallaahu further said that if death or difficulty has already been destined on a person, he will not have the chance to recite the Aayat or he will forget to recite them.

There are 6666 Aayaths in the Holy Qur'an. Every Aayat is been controlled by a Malak(Angel). If any one recites an Aayat 313 times, the Malak(Angel) will take charge of the Aayat and he will go on reciting several million times till the intended matter is fulfilled. Therefore, one has to recite it 313 times and afterwords five times after every 'Fardh' Prayer. The result will be quick, Inshaa ALLAAH.

The following are some of the benefits received by the regular recital of these two Aayaths :-

1. To be relieved from indebtedness
2. To become rich after poverty
3. To be relieved of sorrow and become happy
4. To be released from imprisonment
5. To recover from illness
6. To get protection from cheats
7. To get all gates of success opened
8. To get all gates of defeat closed
9. To get benefis of all kinds
10. To get protection from sudden and ghastly death
11. To change the enemy into a friend
12. To change inability into strength
13. To get Vilayath(to become walee) before death
14. To join the fractured bones
15. To see Rasoolullaahi Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam in the dreams
16. To enter paradise
The above two Aayaths have to be recited with 'Aoodhu" only and without reciting Bismi. They may be recited once for the protection of one's rooh. It can also be recited for the protection of the rooh of any individual whose life is important for the person who recites it.

Copied

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ...... by Empiree: 2:54am On Jan 20, 2020
Hkana:
#3 - I was passing through a dreaded town, I saw a man riding an ox with some stolen goods & also with him was an angel. I asked why he was covering him? He said the man recited the vs that morning, so God sent him to guide him for that day. I accosted the man & said to him, you are a criminal..cont‘d

How did this one end? I'm particularly interested grin
this is funny
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 2:59am On Jan 21, 2020
Empiree:
this is funny
Data mining shocked shocked....you will very good in navigating the archive o....

Tell us more about this.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 4:54am On Jan 21, 2020
LadunaI:

Data mining shocked shocked....you will very good in navigating the archive o....

Tell us more about this.
This conversations prompted archive

Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:19am On Jan 21, 2020
Re: ...... by Tessyy1701: 8:07am On Jan 21, 2020
Empiree:
Sura[url][/url]
The above two Aayaths have to be recited with 'Aoodhu" only and without reciting Bismi.

Just Aoodhu billahi or Audhu billahi Minna shaytan rajeem Bismillah Rahman Raheem
Re: ...... by Excel70: 8:18am On Jan 21, 2020
Empiree:
this is funny
Lool... My cousin once told me of a verse he usually recite to evade the gatemen whenever he comes late in secondary school .
Generally, it is bad there is a verse in the Holy Quran where Allah warns those who use the Quran for evil will face several chastisement on the day of judgement
I can't remember the surah the verse is in.but it is in the first eleven surah of the Holy Quran

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
Tessyy1701:

Just Aoodhu billahi or Audhu billahi Minna shaytan rajeem Bismillah Rahman Raheem
"Audhu billahi Minna shaytan rajeem"
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
Empiree:
This conversations prompted archive

I can tell you 9 out of 10 Muslims know only verse of concern for this purpose - protecting one from death for that day one read it. It was so popular for gbékudè lol.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
LadunaI:

I can tell you 9 out of 10 Muslims know only verses of concern for this purpose - protecting one from death for that day one read it. It was so popular for gbékudè lol.

grin grin grin

The way you said it got me giggling.

1 Like

Re: ...... by movado19: 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
LadunaI:

I can tell you 9 out of 10 Muslims know only verses of concern for this purpose - protecting one from death for that day one read it. It was so popular for gbékudè lol.

...especially Nigerian Muslims...who wants to die?! cheesy

1 Like

Re: ...... by Tessyy1701: 4:24am On Jan 22, 2020
Empiree:
"Audhu billahi Minna shaytan rajeem"

Jazakumullahu Khaeran

1 Like

Re: ...... by Kaymercury(m): 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2020
Empiree:
grin grin grin

The way you said it got me giggling.
Please sir do you have idea about what qurisiyyu kabbir is used for?
Re: ...... by Empiree: 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
Kaymercury:
Please sir do you have idea about what qurisiyyu kabbir is used for?
Lets wait for more of our brothers, sir.
Re: ...... by aumeehn: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2020
Assalam Alaikum. This place is dry mehn!
Let me share something with u brothers.
70k istigfar 3times. Get 70 MASA or WAINA i think they all meant the same thing and give Sadaqa. Tested by me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2020
aumeehn:
70k istigfar 3times. Get 70 MASA or WAINA i think they all meant the same thing and give Sadaqa. Tested by me.
What's the purpose?
Yes
Massa is waina
Re: ...... by Dreydoe(m): 7:06am On Feb 13, 2020
aumeehn:
what's Masa?
Re: ...... by Excel70: 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2020
aumeehn:
3 Times does it mean 3 days consecutively
What is made or Maine is it been cake(akara)
Re: ...... by eagleeyez: 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
aumeehn:

70,000 at a sitting 3 times ?that is everyday for 3 days?_....please do explain bettef
Re: ...... by aumeehn: 8:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
Excel70:

3 Times does it mean 3 days consecutively
What is made or Maine is it been cake(akara)
It's better to do it consecutively if you have the time and strength or you can have breaks, But when i did mine it was on weekly basis. I dont know the name in English, it think it will be hard to get down south. You can use Akara no problem.
Re: ...... by aumeehn: 8:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
eagleeyez:

70,000 at a sitting 3 times ?that is everyday for 3 days?_....please do explain bettef
yes 70k in a sitting but not daily, you can even do it trice in your lifetime if you like.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (164) (Reply)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.