Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film (16192 Views)

Between Tonto Dike And Ini Edo - Who Shows More Bossom On Nollywood. / How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? / Ini Edo the Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by AloyEmeka6: 5:51am On Dec 08, 2009
Ini Edo, The Latest Producer In Town!
Monday, December 07, 2009 - Bola Aduwo

Ini Edo

This has certainly been a year of innovation and growth for Nollywood. Oprah, the most influential woman on television mentioned Genevieve Nnaji on her show as one of the 20 most popular people in the world, Stephanie Okereke directed and produced a film ‘Through the Glass’, racking in millions at the box office. Emem Isong’s ‘Guilty Pleasures’ continues to thrill and pull crowds of people to the cinemas to mention a few.

It seems Nollywood is not quite done with surprises… reports just reaching nigeriafilms.com tell us that sexy screen siren, Ini Edo has joined the ranks as the latest producer in town! She has just co-produced and starred in a film, ‘Memories of my Heart’ which is set to hit our screens soon. nigeriafilms.com caught up with the pretty actress and she confirmed the story. ‘Yes, I have just co-produced a film with my good friend and big sister, Emem Isong.

It stars Ramsey, Desmond Elliot, Uche Jombo, Mona Lisa Chinda, Nse Ikpe-Etim and myself.
It’s a romantic comedy and I’m sure people will like it’. Hmm…very star-studded I see,  so who are the love interests in the movie? Hear her; ‘I think I’ll be giving away the story if I answered that, so I wouldn’t like to say that for now, but what I will say is that it’s a love story and I had a lot of fun shooting it and working with my colleagues both as an actress and as an executive producer’.

So, when should we expect to see this frothy confection of a movie that is already giving me toothache! (it sounds so sweet!) ‘Before the end of the 1st quarter of next year’ she quipped. Ha! Will it be possible for viewers to wait that long? She smiles and decides to soothe my restive soul with some lovely location shots… Enjoy all! This has certainly been a year of innovation and growth for Nollywood.
Oprah, the most influential woman on television mentioned Genevieve Nnaji on her show as one of the 20 most popular people in the world, Stephanie Okereke directed and produced a film ‘Through the Glass’, racking in millions at the box office.

Emem Isong’s ‘Guilty Pleasures’ continues to thrill and pull crowds of people to the cinemas to mention a few.

It seems Nollywood is not quite done with surprises… reports just reaching nigeriafilm tell us that sexy screen siren, Ini Edo has joined the ranks as the latest producer in town!

She has just co-produced and starred in a film, ‘Memories of my Heart’ which is set to hit our screens soon. nigeriafilms caught up with the pretty actress and she confirmed the story. ‘Yes, I have just co-produced a film with my good friend and big sister, Emem Isong.

It stars Ramsey, Desmond Elliot, Uche Jombo, Mona Lisa Chinda, Nse Ikpe-Etim and myself. It’s a romantic comedy and I’m sure people will like it’.

Hmm…very star-studded I see,  so who are the love interests in the movie? Hear her;

‘I think I’ll be giving away the story if I answered that, so I wouldn’t like to say that for now, but what I will say is that it’s a love story and I had a lot of fun shooting it and working with my colleagues both as an actress and as an executive producer’.

So, when should we expect to see this frothy confection of a movie that is already giving me toothache! (it sounds so sweet!)

‘Before the end of the 1st quarter of next year’ she quipped.

Ha! Will it be possible for viewers to wait that long?

She smiles and decides to soothe my restive soul with some lovely location shots…

Enjoy all!

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11412&z=31
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by C2H5OH(f): 5:56am On Dec 08, 2009
Film production in Nigeria is for the most part shoddy. I wouldn't expect her to be any different from or any more succesful than her predecessors who made similar moves.
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by TheSeeker(m): 5:58am On Dec 08, 2009
And then what?
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by semid4lyfe(m): 6:05am On Dec 08, 2009
Nse Ikpe-Etim should cool down o. I really like her & she's my favourite Nollywood actress at the moment but she seems to be appearing on every film these days.

BTW, what does it take to produce a movie? Shebi na money?
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by C2H5OH(f): 6:13am On Dec 08, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Nse Ikpe-Etim should cool down o. I really like her & she's my favourite Nollywood actress at the moment but she seems to be appearing on every film these days.
LOL
Why now, isn't that how it works?
She's the newest hot commodity in town. With the way the film industry works over there, when an artist is hot, he or she would probably get multiple gigs at a time, and for the sake of further exposure and the money to be raked ink the artist would be too greedy to turn down any incoming offers.

There are instances when I have counted one particular actor appearing on close to 20 movies (maybe I exaggerated a bit) within one condensed timeframe.
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by chiogo(f): 7:02am On Dec 08, 2009
loool good for her grin
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by mamazita1(f): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2009
Haba! Nse in every movie? Apart from 'Reloaded' (which was released last year) and 'Guilty Pleasures' which other film have you seen Nse feature in? Abeg, we want to see more of her so let her act! (Apart from that the girls's got to eat, she's an actress isnt she?)
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by mamazita1(f): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2009
About Ini, Im glad to see actresses taking their destiny in their own hands and producing their own movies and I think it will be better. First of all it was Desmond co-producing with 'Reloaded' and 'Guilty Pleasures'. Then there was Stephanie with 'Thru the glass', Uche Jombo with 'Nollywood Hustler', now Ini Edo! You go girl! Cant wait to watch it!
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2009
Wow, she looks hotin that blue dress. She kinda slim down. If the movie is sensible, then congrats to her.

If more actors and actresses can do this, produce quality movies, then Nollywood would upgrade.
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by THEAMAKA1: 12:00pm On Dec 08, 2009
YEAH!!
first it was Desmond Elliot with brilliant movies like "reloaded" and "guilty pleasures" now its Uche Jombo, and now its Ini.
you go girl!!
but some of them need to go into producing (if they want to stay in the nollywood business) and allow new fresh faces in talent to take over. some of them are getting stale, and a little dry.
ini is married and if she wants to start a family, i think acting will be too much of a hassle.
its easier behind the scenes making the movie rather than acting in 2 films a month.
i think we have seen enough of a lot of these actresses (although some are good and should continue acting)
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by steeze(m): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
Looks like this is the in-thing now is for every actor to produce his/her own movie. Then after that it's straight to the cinemas. A bandwagon effect. Hope it wont end up being a fad. And i hope the movie will be worth it's salt. Not all this unnecessary hype.

Another problem i have with them is this thing where they act within themselves only. Have u guys noticed that its like a clique. It's either desmond elliot, ramsey noah, uche jombo, nse ikpe etim, ini edo, rita dominic, stephanie okereke(sometimes), monalisa chinda(sometimes), majid michel(of late), emem isong(general overseer)and a few others i can't remember. Why are they recycling faces like crazy? Can't they use new faces as well. It's annoying sometime.

Am i the only one who feels this way?
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by THEAMAKA1: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2009
steeze:

Looks like this is the in-thing now is for every actor to produce his/her own movie. Then after that it's straight to the cinemas. A bandwagon effect. Hope it wont end up being a fad. And i hope the movie will be worth it's salt. Not all this unnecessary hype.

Another problem i have with them is this thing where they act within themselves only. Have u guys noticed that its like a clique. It's either desmond elliot, ramsey noah, uche jombo, nse ikpe etim, ini edo, rita dominic, stephanie okereke(sometimes), monalisa chinda(sometimes), majid michel(of late), emem isong(general overseer)and a few others i can't remember. Why are they recycling faces like crazy? Can't they use new faces as well. It's annoying sometime.

Am i the only one who feels this way?
yesss its very annoying!
but somewhere else FL Gators said it might be the contract they signed, and i think she is right.
sometimes you will see one actor or actress do a number of movies (maybe 4 or 5) for a certain production company. it might be that they signed a contract. IDK.
but it is pretty annoying. for a long time i got tired of seeing ramsey and genny in every movie.
lol
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by steeze(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2009
@amaka, You're right on the money. Right now i tired of seeing Desmond Elliot and Ini Edo in the same movie. I mean, WTF?
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by THEAMAKA1: 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2009
steeze:

@amaka, You're right on the money. Right now i tired of seeing Desmond Elliot and Ini Edo in the same movie. I mean, WTF?
LMAO!!
a while back i was watching this documentary, and sometimes it takes about 12 days to 16 days just to do one movie. most actors and actresses are off doing another movie right after that.
some can do 15 movies in one year!! na wa oooo
but thats the quick pace of nollywood for you.
i like desmond and ini edo but GOSH they need to switch it up.
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2009
do people really watch these movies?
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2009
sauer:

do people really watch these movies?

No.people don't watch these movies tongue how can u ask that kind of question?
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by Elgaxton(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2009
I bet Osuofia and Co, Mr IBU and Aki/Pawpaw will produce their own movies now lol

That's Naija for you, someone waits for someone else to do something and everybody joins the train in same!

Hope her movie is good sha
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
Hmm…very star-studded I see,  so who are the love interests in the movie? Hear her;

We can all answer that without seeing the movie  wink

Ramsey Nouah and Ini Edo
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by mrperfect(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
Thank God for her life.
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by DOAweb(m): 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2009
WHO?
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by Nezan(m): 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2009
With the quality of Nigerian movies, I dont think this should make headline news.
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
Kudos to her smiley

Generally speaking though, no other genre in Nollywood besides romance? No?
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by AloyEmeka6: 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
ibkaye:

Kudos to her smiley

Generally speaking though, no other genre in Nollywood besides romance? No?
Drama, science fiction[juju] always rated PG 5.
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2009
Roflmao, juju is science fiction. cheesy
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by chiogo(f): 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2009
^ LOOOL Na so we see am.
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by comofoma(f): 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2009
all the actress all of them and yeye a movie character don turn produce make she go Bleep herself
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by comofoma(f): 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2009
all the actresses all of them na yeye a movie character don turn producer make she go Bleep herself. a shoemaker make go soon produce movie
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by KennyG6(m): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2009
hmmm na wah ooo, the same ini edo wey dey struggle to articulate herself for film don turn producer, that means we should just accept that her films will be in pidgin or riddled with "ebons"
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by afrikaam(m): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2009
This should be good for nollywood. the more younger producers out there the fresher the concepts will be, Lets hope she does well. Nollywood needs to focus on Quality rather than quantity.

www.afrika.am | Watch Nollywood Now!
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by degubi(m): 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2009
Is this news worthy? The film probably has the same story line with the same misdirected ideas. Film production, writing and directing is not an all comers affair. But trust Nollywood to provide you with another blockbuster movie that will top the academy awards (forgive the sarcasm)
Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by dolu2007(m): 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2009
i'm happy 4her

[size=18pt]www9jakonnectDOTcom[/size]

Re: Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film by MrCrackles(m): 7:32pm On Dec 08, 2009
Who gives a fuc.k if Ini Edo produces breas.t milk. . . .
Rubbish as usual innit
Psssf!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Your Favourite Nigerian TV Host (pictures) / Help Guys Can't Download Movies From 02tvseries.com / Maraji: Comedian Imitates BBNaija Housemates (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.