Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump (17820 Views)

Donald Trump To Start Mass Deportation Next Week / President Donald Trump Signs New Travel Ban, Exempts Iraq / US Federal Judge Blocks Donald Trump's Travel Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by dre11(m): 8:31am On Feb 17, 2017
President Donald Trump says his administration will be rolling out a new set of immigration order on travels and refugees next week to replace the controversial one blocked by the courts.

Trump, who made the announcement during a televised press conference on Thursday, pledged to keep Americans safe in line with his campaign promise.

“Our administration is working day and night to keep Americans safe including you reporters,” he said.

“A new set of executive actions next week will comprehensively protect our country. We’re going to put in place a new set of travel ban.

“The (blocked) roll out was perfect because if we had announced that (ban), a lot of bad people would not have come into our country.

“The new executive order will be based on the decision of the courts.

“But now there is serious vetting,” he said, adding that he was willing to deal with dreamers” who were brought into the US illegally as children, “with heart” as a father who has kids and grand children.

Trump said he had ordered a crackdown on sanctuary cities that violated the federal laws by providing safe haven for illegal immigrants.

“I’m following through on what I pledged,” he said, pointing out that the travel ban was only holding true to his campaign promises rather than deceive his supporters by reneging.

Trump also claimed that his administration inherited a mess in the US and overseas when he took over.

“I inherited a mess in United States and overseas,” Trump said.

“This administration is running like a fine-tune machine in spite that I can’t get my cabinet approved. Our cabinet will be one of the greatest in American history.

“We will renegotiate fair trade deal, we’ve been treated unfairly. Other countries have been taking advantage of us for decades. We cannot continue to let that happen.

“There has never been a presidency that has done so much in a very short period of time.”

The president emphasised that he would “repeal and replace Obamacare by March”, insisting that the healthcare plan was a disaster.

He maintained that the Russia scandal was a ruse that was meant to cover up for the loss of Democrats and Hillary Clinton, but emphasised that it was better for the US to get along well with Russia.

Trump, however, described the leak as illegal, and vowed that the leakers of classified information, whom he claimed to be the Obama’s hangovers, would be caught and made to face the law.

“It will be great to get along with Russia. I want to do the right thing for the American people and for the world,” he said.

“We are a very powerful country and so they (Russia) are. They are nuclear powerful but it will be in our country’s interest.

“I don’t think Putin is testing me. But whether we are going to get along, I don’t know because I’m not going to tell you. I don’t have to tell you what my response to Russia is.

“Russia is a ruse. I’ve never done anything for Russia. I don’t have any connection with Russia.

“Putin called me on the election victory and also on the inauguration and it was a fantastic conversation, especially the second one just like almost all leaders all over the world called me.’’

Trump assured Americans that Melania, his wife “is going to be a fantastic First Lady; she’s going to be a fabulous representative of the women’’.

https://www.thecable.ng/ill-roll-new-travel-ban-next-week-says-trump

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by madridguy(m): 8:36am On Feb 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by Chanchit: 8:43am On Feb 17, 2017
And this shii just getting hotter.
Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by kingphilip(m): 8:45am On Feb 17, 2017
Only if our leaders do one-tenth of their campaign promises, we would have been better off..

23 Likes

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by amamahdaniel(m): 8:46am On Feb 17, 2017
HONESTLY SPEAKIN.
MY LOVE FOR THIS MAN IS SECOND TO NONE. THIS IS THE TYPE OF PRESIDENT THAT WE NEED IN NIGERIA. UNLIKE OUR CORRUPT AND BIG BELLY POLITICIAN.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by Islie: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2017
“I’m following through on what I pledged,” he said, pointing out that the travel ban was only holding true to his campaign promises rather than deceive his supporters by reneging.

How i wish i could say that of my travelling president

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by BiafranBushBoy: 9:02am On Feb 17, 2017
Trump will end up as a good prototype of Buhari in Nigeria...

Keep shouting Travel Ban like Buhari kept shouting corruption...

And watch American Dollar become so useless in international market!!

Wetin concern me sef?

21 Likes

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by kings09(m): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2017
America first but here na Nigera last.

This is a man keeping his promise even the likes of CNN tot he just said those things for campaign sake. Now they take his words highly serious than any other president.

Unlike the sickly looking figure head we have here as president who can't even meet his responsibilities in the other room talkless of fulfilling campaign promises.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by dukie25: 10:08am On Feb 17, 2017
Make sure you ban people from Northern Nigeria, the rest of us are ok.

Let them go to Islamic Republic of Iran instead.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by RiversWatchDog(m): 10:08am On Feb 17, 2017
Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by jesus500(m): 10:08am On Feb 17, 2017
Mr trump solidarity matters a lot. You will face a lot of resistance Without overwhelming public support. He thinks he is better than the last 44 U.S presidents combined and the founding fathers. Banning people will not solve anything. It will create More resentment. Can one man make a country great without the support of the People? Is america not great already? What greatness is he talking about? Will he be guided by the constitution or not? And the hate rhetoric continues. What an unrefined and uncultured president in this modern age of globalization. God bless nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by somehowpenis(m): 10:08am On Feb 17, 2017
Trump, just love this man the more

1 Like

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by tens4real(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2017
Make America great again
Bad Belle is allowed

1 Like

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by Expl0rers: 10:09am On Feb 17, 2017
Baba for the Arabs
Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2017
Hope all ds your karama won't give birth to world war 3?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by gr8eminent(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2017
Wetin concern me
Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 17, 2017
Trump has done nothing wrong, he is just keeping to his promises made during election campaign which he won.
America 1st, but in Nigeria, Last

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by kings09(m): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2017
That one na president? Buhari is a mistake. Make him just de d London as we no need am @ all. Osinbajo can continue.
Islie:

How i wish i could say that of my travelling president

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by hopilo: 10:11am On Feb 17, 2017
Keep to your promise. Your type is rare in politics

1 Like

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by Laple0541(m): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2017
Thunder strike Trump....foolish man, if u like am or not, I de come Yankee this year.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by SuperBlack: 10:11am On Feb 17, 2017
Please allow Buhari of Nigeria to return home before Rolling any Ban thank You.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by basty: 10:11am On Feb 17, 2017
basty see your life o
Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by Naughtytboy: 10:11am On Feb 17, 2017
We believe u Jor,, unlike someone
Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by mccoy47(m): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2017
Trump stubborn sha cheesy
Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by UncleJudax(m): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Trump will end up as a good prototype of Buhari in Nigeria...

Keep shouting Travel Ban like Buhari kept shouting corruption...

Wetin concern me sef?
Anybody is free to dump the dollar. Who else is using your own currency the Naira...even Nigerians what to dump it. grin

Like you said...it doesn't concern you.

8 Likes

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by Omudia11: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2017
Ok
Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2017
Blacks get ready

1 Like

Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by seunfly: 10:13am On Feb 17, 2017
Ok
Re: I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

This can never happen though. Trump will get Assassinated by the establishment before the dollar even looses 1.5% of it's value.

just look at kennedy, Those top-dogs don't play with their currency.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? / Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist / BA Plane U-turns From Tel Aviv After Flights Are Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.