Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? (2193 Views)

"After Being Side Chic For 6 Years, 33 Abortions, He Proposed & I Said.." - Lady / How Your Mother Looks At You When You Are 32 Years And Not Married (picture) / Why Are You Still Single ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by NickmarvelTouch(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2017
I am 33years of age and I am still single. Not like I don't want to settle down and get married, you know how the country is, I just don't want to put a woman in the house that would be struggling with me. I seem to be more focused on my small business I am still hoping will become big in the future.
I get alot of talking here and there like what are you waiting for and stuffs like that. So I just wanted to know if in bad for a guy to still be single at 33years because some people make it feel like a crime.
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by harryportter: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2017
i concur

1 Like

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by jmoore(m): 11:44am On Feb 17, 2017
Do your thing and be deaf to unreasonable folks.

6 Likes

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by sinaj(f): 11:45am On Feb 17, 2017
U dnt want to bring any child to this world to suffer. So take ur time nd let people talk.

4 Likes

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by rose54321: 11:46am On Feb 17, 2017
For a guy it's alright, no biggie, normal.

I think it's from 35 that parents start to...

1 Like

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by femolacqua(m): 11:48am On Feb 17, 2017
Keep up the hustle, send nobody.

3 Likes

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Masculity(m): 11:56am On Feb 17, 2017
Guy, better to be single and lonely than to be married but lonely. At this time if you mistakenly marry without enough cash at your disposal is like you are inviting problems into your world. Take your time bro, while you have the opportunity to do so. May God bless your business.

3 Likes

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by greatnaija01: 11:58am On Feb 17, 2017
BROS I HAIL YOU,

You are among the few but wise nigerians left in this country...
MARRIAGE IS NOT JAMB OR WAEC... it is simply a personal choice due to ones capability... People who try to make you feel bad are actually the blind bats themselves.. THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT LISTEN TO THEM

1) Finances that are enough for you as a single, will make you look like a pauper when you are married... so build your income before marriage and marry a lady who has enough income too... ELSE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE MAKING YOU FEEL BAD WILL BE THE SAME ONES TO SPREAD NEWS THAT YOU N YOUR WIFE ARE POOR. and they will not help cos they too are secretly trying to "manage" the recession

2) no matter what you do people will still talk. so NEVER do anything for people. prepare to marry, get a lady but only marry when your joint income can put you both above the struggling class.... THE DAYS OF STRUGGLING TOGETHER ARE OVER... two strugglers cant marry and expect to be above... never... they will only MAGNIFY the struggle.

3) HAVE A SIMPLE BUDGET FOR YOUR WEDDING... BUT A GREAT BUDGET FOR MARRIAGE. You can have a small wedding... but prepare never to LACK or be in desperate need in marriage... many married people i know borrow money or are into debts... my question is... MUST YOU MARRY? It is not a symbol of success or an achievement that will get u a job.. infact most jobs prefer single people to married people because married peeps have divided focus.

4) do not try explaining to anyone about your status cos THEY WILL NEVER CARE.... PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN... just do your business and get into a relationship with a lady who is working or financially stable and MIND YOUR BUSINESS. When your marriage succeeds they will refer to you or ask you how you did it.

5) if you are not mobile pls get mobile... with the KIDNAP RATES, ACCIDENTS and VICES... it will be secure for you to get a simple car so that your future wife will not have to bring out her breast in a public transport to feed your baby... MANY FOOLISH MARRIED PEOPLE borrow cars or jeeps for JUST THE WEDDING DAY only to continue TREKKING n BOARDING PUBLIC TRANSPORT in MARRIAGE. It is foolishness to look your best for just ONE DAY and then to suffer for the rest of your days... i weep for them.

6) MARRIAGE IS NOT ADOPTION: So if you are in a relationship and the lady is always asking for cash... dump her. marry someone who understands that you are still building. MARRIAGE IS A PARTNERSHIP of TWO BESTIES.

7) MEN CAN MARRY AT ANY AGE... This is fact... we see men of 40 marry 23 year old ladies.. all because of they GOT THE MONEY. so pls do not wait till 40 but understand that MONEY ANSWERS ALL THINGS... But do not expect to have everything before you marry.. just have a good accommodation, monthly feeding for 3... simple MOBILITY AND SAVINGS. Then you are good to go.

bless you

NickmarvelTouch:
I am 33years of age and I am still single. Not like I don't want to settle down and get married, you know how the country is, I just don't want to put a woman in the house that would be struggling with me. I seem to be more focused on my small business I am still hoping will become big in the future.
I get alot of talking here and there like what are you waiting for and stuffs like that. So I just wanted to know if in bad for a guy to still be single at 33years because some people make it feel like a crime.

6 Likes

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by GoldenJAT(m): 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
wanna hear d truth?money go come when e go come...just say u aint ready and leave d issue of finances out!marriage as an institution instituted by God comes with so many Hidden blessings.so what now happens...that u get married when u r rich...and some certain misfortunes rears its ugly head and tk u bk 2 square 1!my man....what u shud be prayin 4 is that GOD shud give u d woman he has prepared and packaged 4u.U may eventually be managin dt bizness in d nxt 10yrs 2 come...not ur portion...but its a possibility.so go on ur knees and let God show u ur missing Rib.

1 Like

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by babyfaceafrica: 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
Oga forget age and do your thing...why must you care what people say...hustle and be successful...no late comer in marriage...if you date or marry without one jobo in your pocket,no one yahoo boy go dey nack your babe...be focused... God will bless your hustle
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2017
Oga, look for one understanding, young girl and marry!

Must u wait till you become a 'dangote' before you marry?

Go and marry, my friend!

1 Like

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
greatnaija01:
BROS I HAIL YOU,

MARRIAGE IS NOT JAMB OR WAEC... it is simply a personal choice due to ones capability... People who try to make you feel bad are actually the blind bats themselves.. THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT LISTEN TO THEM

1) Finances that are enough for you as a single, will make you look like a pauper when you are married... so build your income before marriage and marry a lady who has enough income too... ELSE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE MAKING YOU FEEL BAD WILL BE THE SAME ONES TO SPREAD NEWS THAT YOU N YOUR WIFE ARE POOR. and they will not help cos they too are secretly trying to "manage" the recession

2) no matter what you do people will still talk. so NEVER do anything for people. prepare to marry, get a lady but only marry when your joint income can put you both above the struggling class.... THE DAYS OF STRUGGLING TOGETHER ARE OVER... two strugglers cant marry and expect to be above... never... they will only MAGNIFY the struggle.

3) HAVE A SIMPLE BUDGET FOR YOUR WEDDING... BUT A GREAT BUDGET FOR MARRIAGE. You can have a small wedding... but prepare never to LACK or be in desperate need in marriage... many married people i know borrow money or are into debts... my question is... MUST YOU MARRY? It is not a symbol of success or an achievement that will get u a job.. infact most jobs prefer single people to married people because married peeps have divided focus.

4) do not try explaining to anyone about your status cos THEY WILL NEVER CARE.... PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN... just do your business and get into a relationship with a lady who is working or financially stable and MIND YOUR BUSINESS. When your marriage succeeds they will refer to you or ask you how you did it.

5) if you are not mobile pls get mobile... with the KIDNAP RATES, ACCIDENTS and VICES... it will be secure for you to get a simple car so that your future wife will not have to bring out her breast in a public transport to feed your baby... MANY FOOLISH MARRIED PEOPLE borrow cars or jeeps for JUST THE WEDDING DAY only to continue TREKKING n BOARDING PUBLIC TRANSPORT in MARRIAGE. It is foolishness to look your best for just ONE DAY and then to suffer for the rest of your days... i weep for them.

6) MARRIAGE IS NOT ADOPTION: So if you are in a relationship and the lady is always asking for cash... dump her. marry someone who understands that you are still building. MARRIAGE IS A PARTNERSHIP of TWO BESTIES.

7) MEN CAN MARRY AT ANY AGE... This is fact... we see men of 40 marry 23 year old ladies.. all because of they GOT THE MONEY. so pls do not wait till 40 but understand that MONEY ANSWERS ALL THINGS... But do not expect to have everything before you marry.. just have a good accommodation, monthly feeding for 3... simple MOBILITY AND SAVINGS. Then you are good to go.

bless you

if only i could give a thousand likes to this post

2 Likes

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
Its totally good bro.. Nothing is as good as that.
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
I thot I am the only one with such mentality,thumbs up @op.e no easy for we
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Martinez19(m): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2017
No shaking bro. My dad married when he was 36. We had a happy home. Too bad he died in a car accident. embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by NickmarvelTouch(m): 11:35am On Feb 18, 2017
Martinez19:
No shaking bro. My dad married when he was 36. We had a happy home. Too bad he died in a car accident. embarassed cry

Thanks man. So sorry about your dad.
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by chimavalentine(m): 11:39am On Feb 18, 2017
is a pity,but don't loose hope,have faith in God
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Martinez19(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2017
NickmarvelTouch:

Thanks man. So sorry about your dad.
Don't rush anything. Life is all about doing that good thing you like and being fulfilled at the end of the day. You notice that most things people view as being of great value are nothing at all. Do your thing bro.
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Apina(m): 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
Getting married doesn't mean u r gonna HV kids. Short and simple, You ain't ready to commit. so stop using finance as an excuse and u don't need us to tell u what u want, its ur life.

1 Like

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by NickmarvelTouch(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2017
Apina:
Getting married doesn't mean u r gonna HV kids. Short and simple, You ain't ready to commit. so stop using finance as an excuse and u don't need us to tell u what u want, its ur life.

I believe the most appropriate thing you would have done was to just ignore the post if you really had nothing to say since you stated I don't need to tell you what I want. At least those above you who were nice enough to make very reasonable comments are also human like you.
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Apina(m): 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
NickmarvelTouch:

I believe the most appropriate thing you would have done was to just ignore the post if you really had nothing to say since you stated I don't need to tell you what I want. At least those above you who were nice enough to make very reasonable comments are also human like you.
This goes to show why u are still where u r @ 33. Whatever doesn't suit u in ur comfort zone, u label inappropriate and unreasonable. Stop being a sissy and quit making excuses for why u choose to make any decision about ur life. If u wanna hear that its okay or not to be married or single @ 33, I ain't gonna do DAT. As I earlier said, its your life and u don't need us to tell u what to or not to do.
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by cooldood(m): 9:35am On Feb 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
BROS I HAIL YOU,

bless you

gbam!this post has said it all.
Most Nigerians think marriage is a joke,and becos our fathers got married in their twenties,we also think we must get married like them,big lie.Times have really changed and there are no more free meal tickets during our days in uni,or plenty jobs waiting for graduates like back in our fathers' days, now things are hard. If you are still struggling to cater for yourself alone,how will you now cope with a wife plus when kids start dropping. Am I saying you must have the whole world before you get married,certainly not,but you yourself know the minimum basic standard of life you want for yourself and family,strive to get to that level first or at least close to it, cos if you think ladies are made to understand and hustle with you,oga on your own o.dont blame her wen she starts receiving pings n keeping late nights o,maybe cos u cudnt buy her something nice on vals day and one office admirer or neighbour does.

the truth is a healthy finances helps you keep a lot of trouble out of your way when married, if not you go receive the shocker of life when push comes to shop.

Most Nigerians rush to marry while struggling and then the poverty cycle continues in the country.Even whites that have better economic conditions delay marriage, Obama, Bill Gates, etc,married in their thirties,but here,immediately boys finish school like this and start earning peanut,they jump into marriage. All the same, there are no guarantees in life, however,satisfy your heart first and be happy with yourself and status before you add a lady and kids to join your train. All the best.

1 Like

Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 19, 2017
cooldood:

gbam!this post has said it all.
Most Nigerians think marriage is a joke,and becos our fathers got married in their twenties,we also think we must get married like them,big lie.Times have really changed and there are no more free meal tickets during our days in uni,or plenty jobs waiting for graduates like back in our fathers' days, now things are hard. If you are still struggling to cater for yourself alone,how will you now cope with a wife plus when kids start dropping. Am I saying you must have the whole world before you get married,certainly not,but you yourself know the minimum basic standard of life you want for yourself and family,strive to get to that level first or at least close to it, cos if you think ladies are made to understand and hustle with you,oga on your own o.dont blame her wen she starts receiving pings n keeping late nights o,maybe cos u cudnt buy her something nice on vals day and one office admirer or neighbour does.

the truth is a healthy finances helps you keep a lot of trouble out of your way when married, if not you go receive the shocker of life when push comes to shop.

Most[b] Nigerians rush to marry while struggling and then the poverty cycle continues[/b] in the country.Even whites that have better economic conditions delay marriage, Obama, Bill Gates, etc,married in their thirties,but here,immediately boys finish school like this and start earning peanut,they jump into marriage. All the same, there are no guarantees in life, however,satisfy your heart first and be happy with yourself and status before you add a lady and kids to join your train. All the best.
smiley
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 19, 2017
Apina:
see talk...dnt u knw d moment u get married even ur wife becomes ur responsibility even if she is working
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by solbinho: 10:34am On Feb 19, 2017
God bless your hustle bruh
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Apina(m): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
see talk...dnt u knw d moment u get married even ur wife becomes ur responsibility even if she is working
Under what guidelines if I may ask? As for me, provided u can feed,cloth and shelter urself and ur wife and ready to commit which is the most important, marriage shouldn't be up for debate. Comfort is relative not definite. That's my opinion and it remains my opinion.
Re: 33 Years And Still Single. Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2017
You don't need to wait long dear okay.at least be in a serious relationship...

(1) (Reply)

For Those Who Love Bbw She Slayed It (photo) / Facebook User Kosi Cries Out, Say No To Doggy Style,69 And Other Illicit Sex. / Couple Will Kill Eachother Today If No Final Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.