Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? (70878 Views)

M.I Vs Vector Beef: Who Is Winning And Losing? / Bisola Aiyeola's Throwback Photos At 2008 Project Fame And More / Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by micxwell(m): 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
Erngie:
pride goes before downfall. If its pride, he should get ready for the other side
Hear Odun's side of the story first na.
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by archiscapesatel: 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
NIGERIAN MEDIA WITH THEIR LIES.
These jobless writer has obviously been paid to write rubbish to tarnish Odun's image.
The more you people try, the more the guy keep going higher.

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by emmasege: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2017
Since when did he start speaking good English that he now features in English-speaking movies? I have heard from his colleagues that he's an humble man. He might have disappointed those folks knowing fully well that that could expose his poor proficiency the more.

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Tidamsel: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
prettyboi1989:
y d cock n bull story? so a man doesnt av the right to cancel on a show, event or movie set? wtf
I wonda o, help me ask DM my broda.
As if body is fire wood dey think itz eazy.
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by willibounce1(m): 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2017
dangotesmummy:
I'm not sure it's pride knowing his background but you know the thing with Nigerians,we're very judgmental.any small action and inaction will be mistaken as pride.he's a human being first before being a celebrity. He might have personal or domestic issues he's going through that made him not to show up.but because people don't know they'll start judging him unfairly

Don't mind some stupid people. The moment they have issues with a person, they run to th Internet to right rubbish stories dent the person's image. When he didn't show up for these movies or premiers, did they ask him why? Did they bother to find out? As usual, we all run to instagram, Facebook and the re to right against the person. If you have issues with someone, try to sort it out one on one like an adult. Confront the person and stop running up and down social media.

Writing negative stories about anybody won't change anything.

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by 1metre: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
dangotesmummy:
I'm not sure it's pride knowing his background but you know the thing with Nigerians,we're very judgmental.any small action and inaction will be mistaken as pride.he's a human being first before being a celebrity. He might have personal or domestic issues he's going through that made him not to show up.but because people don't know they'll start judging him unfairly
then he need to explain to people not keeping mute

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
Whoever is sponsoring this hasn't said anything.
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Seunolad1(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2017
My thought exactly
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by repogirl(f): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
Too bad if this is true. I dont watch Yoruba movies much but I would surely watch anyone with this guy in it. He takes whatever role he acts to the next level. It would be really bad if he lets unprofessionalism ruin his career.

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by onatisi(m): 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
kanicorp9:
Ever wondered what happens in a celebrities head when fame comes calling and their fame skyrockets?

One thing remains a fact....... losing one’s credibility along in lineof being famous is a big fail.

Nollywood has got many great actors but one who has continuously stood out over the course of his career is Yoruba actor, Odunlade Adekola.

Odunlade Adekola started his career back in 1996 but became active in 2006. The actor ruled the Yoruba sector to a core but he has since made his way into the English crowd where he seems loved and respected just as much.

While it cannot be contested that Odun is a great and phenomenal actor, the news and reports trailing him in recent times has left people wondering as to what exactly might be happening to the young man who supposedly has everyone in his corner.

Two years ago, he got his first English debut in the movie ‘Taxi Driver’ one would have thought that Odun would be proud of this step, the actor was reported to have been un-bothered about the state of the movie to the extent that he failed to promote it despite the fact that he was paid higher than his usual fee.

Truth is, Odun’s role could have been interpreted better by anyone...

His actions towards the movie could have been said to be a mistake that could not be avoided, Odun pulled yet another stunt with Funmi Holder’s movie ‘The Grudge’. He was said to have failed to turn up at the location while the movie was being shot and his hotel room left vacant because he failed to show up.

To add to it, Odun failed to show up at the premiere after stating that he was going to be there and once again failed to promote the movie on any of his social platform.

His recent action is his lack of commitment to a contract he had signed with the former MD of M-Net Africa, Biola Alabi on her recent movie. It was reported that Odun had failed to show up once again. These re-occurring acts from him has shown that Odun is beginning to thread a path of those who have taken their fame for granted.

Odun is starting to lose his credibility amongst his colleagues especially at a point where his career seems to be doing so well. It is important to ask if Odun has lost the touch of professionalism?
Is his fame starting to get the worst of him? Is this a deliberate action on his path? Broadway Africa decided to reach out to the Nollywood actor but all efforts to get to him through phone calls and text messages has been futile as he has refused to acknowledge any of them.

https://newslanda..com.ng/2017/02/actor-odunlade-adekola-drunk-on-fame.html?m=1
stop taking panadol for another man headache . face your life grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
Free him

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2017
willibounce1:

Don't mind some stupid people. The moment they have issues with a person, they run to th Internet to right rubbish stories dent the person's image. When he didn't show up for these movies or premiers, did they ask him why? Did they bother to find out? As usual, we all run to instagram, Facebook and the re to right against the person. If you have issues with someone, try to sort it out one on one like an adult. Confront the person and stop running up and down social media.

I thought I was the only one thinking like this. Happy someone else saw it for the smear campaign that it is.
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
The problem with him is greed and lack of good management. He wants the money but knows he cant attend or honour the contract. He picks the money and attends the most paid jobs. LESSON; dont give contracts based on family or friendship, let business be business. You mess up, i press for damages
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by NevetsIbot(m): 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
I keep dreaming of the day I'll meet this great actor. I even mimmick him when I speak! I know he's not proud.

Odunlade, I drew him sev

4 Likes

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Abugab(m): 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
Fame not tamed brings shame.
Someone who knows him should drum the above line into his head.
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by praisekeyzz(m): 8:35pm On Feb 17, 2017
Simfem99:
Good day to u all.... I want to state here with all sense of humility and sincerity that there must be miss up somewhere because I have privilege of working closely with Odunlade for more than six years and I can say here categorically that Odun is not part of an actor that will collect money for a production and end up to disappoint the producer.
He really understand the norms and ethic of his chosen profession (Filmmaking), but on this note I want to beg all memebers of this forum to take this matter easy because we are only reacting on one side story... We should understand that journalism is all about balancing.
Sir/ma, I want to make it clear here that I'm only saying all what I know about this great actor.
He is one actor that respect the feeling of everyone around him, he don't miss pleasure with his job and many professional coallgues can testify to this.
His humility, dedication and submissiveness is second to none.
And I knows that this young, talented and highly focus actor is a friend of media practioners and he can never take any journalist for granted, if u have privilege of holding his mobile phone for just 20 minutes u will understand him even more better.
Imagine 200 missed calls withing 30minutes.... It is our prayers and supports that keep him going and he always appreciate this whenever he have opportunity to address public.
He is a listening type and whatever u have as a suggestion or words of advise should be direct to him @odunladeomoadekola on Instagram...
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
God bless Nairaland
God bless u and i
One love
miss up undecided
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Walelavender(m): 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
This is obviously a sponsored post which reeks of jealousy and envy. So laughable that SDK blog published this write up without thorough investigation with majority hitting back at Stella. Funny enough many Nairalanders are toeing this path by crucifying this fine actor.
Poor journalism .Iranu cool
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by dangotesmummy: 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
1metre:
do you think everyone has that time. Sometimes you don't owe the world any explanation for your decision because only you knows where the shoe is pinching

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by onatisi(m): 8:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
FrancisDiote:
The problem with him is greed and lack of good management. He wants the money but knows he cant attend or honour the contract. He picks the money and attends the most paid jobs. LESSON; dont give contracts based on family or friendship, let business be business. You mess up, i press for damages
and you didnt bother to ask your brains why those this article says he collected money from hasnt sued him ?
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by onatisi(m): 8:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
1metre:
he owes noone any explanation. if you want to move forward in life you must learn to stop paying attention to every single thing ppl write or say about you

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by dangotesmummy: 8:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
willibounce1:

exactly. Nigerians have taken cyber bullying and cyber monitoring to a whole new level like they don't have a life outside social media
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by onatisi(m): 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
dangotesmummy:
do you think everyone has that time. Sometimes you don't owe the world any explanation for your decision because only you knows where the shoe is pinching
God bless you. this is what is killing Nigerians , they always want to please everyone . ppl dont need to understand you or what you are doing as long as you understand yourself and what you are doing .
you owe no one any explanation for your actions because you are solely and totally responsible for any action you take

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by dangotesmummy: 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
grin cheesy grin
HarkymTheOracle:

Leave dem,let dem start jumpin into conclusion d way olympic swimmers dive into d pool
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by bayocute(m): 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
onatisi:

and you didnt bother to ask your brains why those this article says he collected money from hasnt sued him ?

Help me ask them oo
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
onatisi:

fool, can you lock your father up if he fails to honour a deal with you. Didnt you use your weak brain to read between the lines that he had cordial relationship with the people mention?
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by bayocute(m): 8:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
He could have been sued if all these shit happened..

Fake stories/rumours circulating everywhere...

Abi who could let someone go away with the money he doesn't work for, who does that?

Unverified stories is what Nigerian's are enticed to most.

E just tire me..
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by TerrorSquad147: 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nogodye:
The snake that want to bite him at the peak of his grace started climbing with him from the grass but he failed to notice it...
Word!!!

1 Like

Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by clemmonce(m): 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
Erngie:
pride goes before downfall. If its pride, he should get ready for the other side
typical Nigerian style of jumping into conclusion. Did you hear his side of the story ? How true is the story ? before you judge hear from both sides
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2017
LordofNairaland:
Maybe he developed cold feet and feared that he would gbagaun and be laughed at.

exactly my thought! u know he is not too fluent in speaking English
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by ashewoboy(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2017
repogirl:
Too bad if this is true. I dont watch Yoruba movies much but I would surely watch anyone with this guy in it. He takes whatever role he acts to the next level. It would be really bad if he lets unprofessionalism ruin his career.

hi. can you reply my mail?
Re: Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility? by blackboy(m): 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
I saw him live at the Lagos International Trade Fair last year, at the Globacomm stand he was a crowd puller. I was impressed how he was humble funny and entertaining.

We have heard one side of the story let's hear the other.

Contracts should be all inclusive and not after signing the contract you want him to do extras

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Davido's Private Jet As It Lands In Nigeria / Kizz Daniel Before He Became A Star (Throwback Photos) / Beverly Osu Kissing And Romancing A Woman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.