Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? (1263 Views)

Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) / What's The Best Bank For Savings Of Business Income? / Gtbank Wins Nigeria’s Best Bank & MD Named CEO Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by Udiboy(f): 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hello my people,
Biko who knows a good bank that I can open a dormicillary account with.
A bank that charges no percentage for withdrawal and that has no hidden fees. It's 40$ to send dollars to dormicillary account in Naija but some banks still charge 0.5 % on the said transfer.
Please, which bank gives no hassles when you wanna withdraw and charges less or no fees for that?
Where are the bankers in the house and dormicillary acct holders? Please help a sis!
Kisses to you all .

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by Udiboy(f): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2017
Some talk na
Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by sholatech(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
All Nigerian Banks charge to operate their USD Accounts.

Especially now that many accounts are used to trade in foreign exchange by Nigerians.

I Know GTB and Diamond Bank have attractive Dom Account operations, since i think you do more of sending from abroad than sending out of Nigeria.

Diamond bank charges 0.25% on withdrawals while GTB charges 0.50%.

Diamond Bank is fast with processing inflows, usually same day you transfer from US/Canada/Europe. GTB on average takes 2 working days

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by Udiboy(f): 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
sholatech:
All Nigerian Banks charge to operate their USD Accounts.

Especially now that many accounts are used to trade in foreign exchange by Nigerians.

I Know GTB and Diamond Bank have attractive Dom Account operations, since i think you do more of sending from abroad than sending out of Nigeria.

Diamond bank charges 0.25% on withdrawals while GTB charges 0.50%.

Diamond Bank is fast with processing inflows, usually same day you transfer from US/Canada/Europe. GTB on average takes 2 working days

Thank you very much Shola. Yes, I do more sending from abroad than local transactions.
I guess Diamond bank is the best to go with then by your comparison.
I hope there won't be problem withdrawing foreign currencies and any idea if there's limit to withdrawal?
Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by MPVGoddess: 8:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Fidelity is so fast that i think they once won an award.

I stand to be corrected though!

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by Udiboy(f): 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
MPVGoddess:
Fidelity is so fast that i think they once won an award.

I stand to be corrected though!

What about thier charges? Any ideas?
Thank you
Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by Udiboy(f): 8:55pm On Feb 17, 2017
Udiboy:
Hello my people,
Biko who knows a good bank that I can open a dormicillary account with.
A bank that charges no percentage for withdrawal and that has no hidden fees. It's 40$ to send dollars to dormicillary account in Naija but some banks still charge 0.5 % on the said transfer.
Please, which bank gives no hassles when you wanna withdraw and charges less or no fees for that?
Where are the bankers in the house and dormicillary acct holders? Please help a sis!
Kisses to you all .m

Pls, talk na
Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by Pavore9: 8:57pm On Feb 17, 2017
Udiboy:

Thank you very much Shola. Yes, I do more sending from abroad than local transactions.
I hope there won't be problem withdrawing foreign currencies and any idea if there's limit to withdrawal?

Is that $40 not too high, it costs me about $14.50 as charges to send from Kenya to Nigerian Dom accounts.

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by sholatech(m): 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
Udiboy:

The standard Cbn rule is that you can make withdrawals 'subject to availability'. There is no law in maximum amount you can withdraw. From experience, try & look for branches that have regular cash USD so that you can conveniently withdraw when you so require
Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by Udiboy(f): 1:12am On Feb 18, 2017
sholatech:

The standard Cbn rule is that you can make withdrawals 'subject to availability'. There is no law in maximum amount you can withdraw. From experience, try & look for branches that have regular cash USD so that you can conveniently withdraw when you so require

Oh I see, since am not in Naija now, how do I know which branch has steady flow of dollars ? Is thier Amy info in that.
Thank you
Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by Udiboy(f): 1:13am On Feb 18, 2017
Pavore9:

Is that $40 not too high, it costs me about $14.50 as charges to send from Kenya to Nigerian Dom accounts.

Pavore, it's not expensive o. Infact that's the lowest it can get. Some banks charge 60$ for it to send from US. My my back charges 40$.

Which bank do you use and do you have a problem withdrawing your dollars?
Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by koyeni(m): 6:07am On Feb 18, 2017
angry
Re: Best Bank To Open A Dormicillary Account With? by Udiboy(f): 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
More info needed. Please help

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Business Can I Venture Into With 1million Naira As An Undergraduate / A Bluetooth-enabled Multimedia Motorcycle Kit / 2 Plots Of Land For Sale At Rumuekini Close To Today Fm, Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.