Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

How Relevant Is Itil Certification And How Do I Get Certified - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Relevant Is Itil Certification And How Do I Get Certified (5599 Views)

How Relevant Is Project Management Certificate In Nigeria / How Relevant Is Itil Intermediate In Nija / Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Relevant Is Itil Certification And How Do I Get Certified by Chybyke07(m): 12:28pm On Dec 08, 2009
Good day guys.
I am an IT professional with experience in application development and database administration.
I am trying to improve myself professionally and someone recommended ITIL.
I have the following questions:

(i) How relevant is ITIL is in Nigeria today?
(ii) Can I become ITIL certified via self study?
(iii) What is the cost of the exams?
(iv) Which organisations in Nigeria are ITIL compliant?

Thanks
Re: How Relevant Is Itil Certification And How Do I Get Certified by bijorium(m): 5:45am On Dec 10, 2009
For ITIL, do a google search.
The cost of exams in a prometric in Abuja was 31k. If you pay online all by yourself, you only need pay $160.
ITIL is pretty relevant in the Telecomms industry. As for asking if a self-study approach works, I should be writing my exams in a few days. And might I add that I am self-studying at home.

BR,
Re: How Relevant Is Itil Certification And How Do I Get Certified by Chybyke07(m): 7:42am On Dec 10, 2009
Thanks man

I learnt that the current version is V3.

Is that what you are doing?

Can you kindly help me with the materials you are using or the source
Re: How Relevant Is Itil Certification And How Do I Get Certified by cadno(m): 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2009
@
ITIL is currently becoming hot now in Nigeria, I am trying to get certified myself through self study, a friend did!!.

I read Business Administration and working for an IT firm, I am also looking at this track.

CRM - ITIL- Oracle DBA - Business Analysis - Business intellegience

These is a path that an IT instructor gave to me to follow.

But how relevant is what I want to know. Any info from NLers will be appreciated
Re: How Relevant Is Itil Certification And How Do I Get Certified by Cynx: 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
please can you give me a clue on which of the online certification site that is genuine for ITIL Certification Exam, Thanks

bijorium:
For ITIL, do a google search.
The cost of exams in a prometric in Abuja was 31k. If you pay online all by yourself, you only need pay $160.
ITIL is pretty relevant in the Telecomms industry. As for asking if a self-study approach works, I should be writing my exams in a few days. And might I add that I am self-studying at home.

BR,
Re: How Relevant Is Itil Certification And How Do I Get Certified by Luckybelt: 10:53pm On May 24, 2017
pls what is the current price of ITIL

(1) (Reply)

Skye Bank Staffs voice out of unjust treatment. / For Interested Engrs: Learn Autocad On This Thread / Fidelity Bank Aptitude Test Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.