Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? (5516 Views)

Hillsong Worship Leader Denounces His Faith As Christian, Says I’m Genuinely Los / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / DARE: No Christian Has Faith As Small As Mustard Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Lucario007(m): 12:23am On Feb 18, 2017
I've been an atheist for a while, and at first, I was the angry sort who went around discrediting religion and arguing with the Jehovah's Witnesses that dared step foot on my door.
Then I became more relaxed, open to other peoples opinion and accepting that they have the right to maintain their own personal convictions, as long as they didn't try to shove it down my throat.

Now though, I realize that being an atheist in a society like Nigeria hasn't helped me accomplish anything. Other than arguing and trying to rationalize with Christians, of what use isn't grander scale of disbelief?
Yes, I am aware of the wonderfully corrupt preachers who utilize the gulibility of Christians to enrich their pockets, but other than arguing about it with people who will condemn and insult me for trying to open their eyes, it has helped me accomplish nothing.

In the end, I sat down and asked myself, what if THEY were right all along, what if in this grand universe to which we are an insignificant speck, there IS a God?

To the atheists like Seun, just for one instance, throw aside your unrational disbelief, because if anything is possible, think about what it would mean if there really is a being higher than what we can fathom that lives in existence?

And so I find myself here, asking if it is possible to regain my faith. I have said and seen and written so many things considered blasphemous, but now, I want to correct this flaw in my thinking.

So I ask, how do I regain my faith in God? How do I go back to believing once more?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by mazimee(m): 12:26am On Feb 18, 2017
Nairaland atheists will soon arrive to this thread with their convoy spiting all fire and name calling known to humanity.

@ Op, you made a wise decision. As most of us would say, it is better to live my life believing that there is a God somewhere in charge of the universe and have a chance with eternal life than risk eternity believing that there is no God.

5 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by greatnaija01: 12:27am On Feb 18, 2017
well you were not born an atheist so i believe we can both agree that the greatest FORCE of CHANGE on earth is LOVE!!!

its simple... follow the religion or diety who shows the greatest and most profound LOVE. The love will help you find true lasting FAITH and restore you to GOD.

Lucario007:
I've been an atheist for a while, and at first, I was the angry sort who went around discrediting religion and arguing with the Jehovah's Witnesses that dared step foot on my door.
Then I became more relaxed, open to other peoples opinion and accepting that they have the right to maintain their own personal convictions, as long as they didn't try to shove it down my throat.

Now though, I realize that being an atheist in a society like Nigeria hasn't helped me accomplish anything. Other than arguing and trying to rationalize with Christians, of what use isn't grander scale of disbelief?
Yes, I am aware of the wonderfully corrupt preachers who utilize the gulibility of Christians to enrich their pockets, but other than arguing about it with people who will condemn and insult me for trying to open their eyes, it has helped me accomplish nothing.

In the end, I sat down and asked myself, what if THEY were right all along, what if in this grand universe to which we are an insignificant speck, there IS a God?

To the atheists like Seun, just for one instance, throw aside your unrational disbelief, because if anything is possible, think about what it would mean if there really is a being higher than what we can fathom that lives in existence?

And so I find myself here, asking if it is possible to regain my faith. I have said and seen and written so many things considered blasphemous, but now, I want to correct this flaw in my thinking.

So I ask, how do I regain my faith in God? How do I go back to believing once more?
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by dingbang(m): 12:28am On Feb 18, 2017
Accept Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by chiefolododo(m): 12:30am On Feb 18, 2017
Just knee down and tell HIM that you are back to HIM. You cannot do without HIM
Lucario007:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Lucario007(m): 12:36am On Feb 18, 2017
dingbang:
Accept Jesus
If it were that easy, I wouldn't be asking it here.
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by felixomor: 1:00am On Feb 18, 2017
Lucario007:

Ok na.
Remain there.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by BiafranBushBoy: 1:02am On Feb 18, 2017
Lucario007:

Have you found a reason to love Jesus? smiley

If No... look at all the wonderful things around you and remember that a loving father died for you to enjoy eternal bliss in heaven

Then go down on your knees and tell him quietly to come into your heart. He will listen to you. smiley
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 18, 2017
Don't mind all these xtians.

Come to satanism. The original religion on man kind, elevate your soul and be the God you are. Don't be slave to any God by worshipping them, the xtian Yahweh is nothing but a blood thirsty god who has no power,all xtian foundation is built on lie and deception with things stolen from the pagan religion. Xtianity has nothing of its own. Just a new religion trying to dominate the world. Be wise.

Don't be like all these gullible people here who don't want to see the truth.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by innoken(m): 1:48am On Feb 18, 2017
Lucario007:

As an atheist you BELIEVED there was no God.
All you need is believe!. Just believe... No questions asked. He loves you....and everything he does...death or life has a reason.

Em pls delete this thread. Once the atheists chairmen arrive, you can kiss your conviction adios

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by onetrack(m): 4:00am On Feb 18, 2017
I would love to believe in Santa Claus again. When you figure out how to start believing in Jesus again let me know so I can use the same technique to regain faith in Santa Claus.

16 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by lepasharon(f): 4:11am On Feb 18, 2017
Lying OP. If you don't believe then you don't beleive, you cant force it. You rejected religion for a reason, why try to go back to ur own vomit?

6 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Karlovich: 4:20am On Feb 18, 2017
you regain your faith in so many ways, by believing a Jewish man in the middle east was murdered by his Father for your sins and the sins of your African ancestors. and before the man was murdered he did so many wonderful things like walking on water and feeding 5000 people with two loaves of bread and five fishes. that's how u regain your faith.

12 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Dekatron(m): 7:58am On Feb 18, 2017
greatnaija01:
well you were not born an atheist so i believe we can both agree that the greatest FORCE of CHANGE on earth is LOVE!!!

its simple... follow the religion or diety who shows the greatest and most profound LOVE. The love will help you find true lasting FAITH and restore you to GOD.

... You are right.... And He will have to fully try over 4000 of them to know the best.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Dekatron(m): 8:01am On Feb 18, 2017
lepasharon:
Lying OP. If you don't believe then you don't beleive, you cant force it. You rejected religion for a reason, why try to go back to ur own vomit?
the truth is: HE never was an atheist..... If he carried the tag ATHEIST (which I extremely doubt BTW), He didnt fully understand atheism.. He was NEVER truly one... His argument and talk gave him away

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 18, 2017
This op na heavy mumu. How can a lack of belief in god/spaghetti monster contribute anything positive/negative in your life?

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by peacesamuel94(m): 8:13am On Feb 18, 2017
When a Christian turns atheist, Atheists accuse other Christians of claiming that the latter was not a true Christian.
Its funny to see atheists doing exactly the same thing here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by chrisav: 8:37am On Feb 18, 2017
Demigods666:
Don't mind all these xtians.

Come to satanism. The original religion on man kind, elevate your soul and be the God you are. Don't be slave to any God by worshipping them, the xtian Yahweh is nothing but a blood thirsty god who has no power,all xtian foundation is built on lie and deception with things stolen from the pagan religion. Xtianity has nothing of its own. Just a new religion trying to dominate the world. Be wise.

Don't be like all these gullible people here who don't want to see the truth.
true christianity is more than a religion. it is divinity in humanity.
@ op. Jesus loves and wants you back. He knew you before you became an atheist and died for you.
His love for you is new every day.
The love of God can't be known by knowledge of science(gnosis) which atheist base their reason upon rather man needs a higher knowledge of revelation( ginosko) . confess Jesus as Lord of your life. it is a new life altogether. God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 18, 2017
Irrespective of the knowledge I have acquired. Irrespective of how hard I have tried to disapprove God, something in me keep drawing me to the supernatural. Seun, deep down, you know the truth.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 18, 2017
Dekatron:
the truth is: HE never was an atheist..... If he carried the tag ATHEIST (which I extremely doubt BTW), He didnt fully understand atheism.. He was NEVER truly one... His argument and talk gave him away

Lol he said Atheism didn't give him anything.

He thinks atheism has an imaginary friend that gives out blessing.

9 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 18, 2017
Sinestroo:
This op na heavy mumu. How can a lack of belief in god/spaghetti monster contribute anything positive/negative in your life?

Even if he was an atheist, then I can see he didn't understood what Atheism is

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by truefact: 9:26am On Feb 18, 2017
@op, you are still making a big mistake, simply believing there is God does not qualify you to heaven...eeven if there is God, ....

...,the big question is... what is the right way to make heaven or being saved

Being Theist or Atheist does not qualify you to heaven, at least according our numerous religions

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:37am On Feb 18, 2017
Lol..Hypocrites everywhere.

See Atheists saying he was never truly an atheist.

But if it was a Christian dat said dat, they would be d first to criticise. SMH.

Anyways, I like wat someone said up there, if u want to know the true religion, just follow the one dat has showed d greatest example of perfect Love.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 9:48am On Feb 18, 2017
OP doesn't seem to understand something here

atheism NEVER promised anyone anything

THAT is an absolute fact that no one can counter

Religion however (especially Christianity) promises its adherents EVERYTHING

to prove this I'll quote bible verses

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.)

so if an someone wants to "gain" something, atheism is the last option because it never promised anyone anything

Religion, especially Christianity however promises everything but does forking nothing special

Now to the OP, you strike me as someone who's suffering due to the fact that people KNOW you physically as an atheist, you argue physically a lot with theists, this kinda attitude (if true) can only lead to frustration especially in an ultra religious country like Nigeria because Nigerians can go to any length to "prove" their god exists even setting you up to die, refuse you job, cut connections with you, avoid you as much as possible, refuse you help at critical times and guess what? their religion encourages this

everyone around me know I'm an atheist but I hardly argue with theists like I do online and even when I do, I make sure I argue as less as possible and switch the discussion as fast as I can to football or politics

I learnt this by thinking to myself, what would a Muslim do if Hopefullandlord and a Christian are shot and bleeding to death but the Muslim can only stop the bleeding of one? believe me the bitter answer is that the Muslim would gladly save the Christian and leave me to die

if I and a Christian are vying for just one job and the interviewer knows me to be an atheist, he would offer the job to the Christian

research shows people trust leaving their child to a serial rapist than leaving the child with an atheist

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by killsmith(f): 9:53am On Feb 18, 2017
izublingz:

Lol he said Atheism didn't give him anything.

He thinks atheism has an imaginary friend that gives out blessing.
I laugh the idiot....he's waiting for blessings from the God of atheism....

@you my friend, were agnostic....

You can go back to talking to yourself in the name of praying to God...
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Omudia11: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2017
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

4 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by lepasharon(f): 10:09am On Feb 18, 2017
Jeromejnr:
Lol..Hypocrites everywhere.

See Atheists saying he was never truly an atheist.

But if it was a Christian dat said dat, they would be d first to criticise. SMH.

Anyways, I like wat someone said up there, if u want to know the true religion, just follow the one dat has showed d greatest example of perfect Love.

Buddhism
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Jeromejnr(m): 10:28am On Feb 18, 2017
lepasharon:

Buddhism

Buddhism is more of intelectual and theoretical so called love. Following some certain philosophical principles which have no depth.

Who is d one person who displayed perfect love in Buddhism?

C'mon, you know the true answer.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by lepasharon(f): 10:35am On Feb 18, 2017
Jeromejnr:

Buddhism is more of intelectual and theoretical so called love. Following some certain philosophical principles which have no depth.

Buddha undecided

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by lepasharon(f): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2017
Jeromejnr:

Sikhism also. Eastern religions are sooo peaceful, the adherrents too are nice ppl aswell and these eastern religions have hardly had been in the media for any violence unlike the abrahamic religions that have a bad reputation with disgusting adherrents.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2017
lepasharon:

Sikhism also. Eastern religions are sooo peaceful, the adherrents too are nice ppl aswell and these eastern religions have hardly had been in the media for any violence unlike the abrahamic religions that have a bad reputation with disgusting adherrents.
Too true. If I had to be religious, this would be it.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2017
lepasharon:

Certainly u dont know what love is and who Buddha is.

Peace is different from love.

There is peace dat is based on selfishness. I.e I dont want no body's trouble so I can be at rest with myself.

We talking love for all humanity. love dat brings about sacrifice and a desire to see d best expectations come out in every single person on earth.

Btw, Love is not d absence of wrath or punishment for stubborn hearted people. For why will one punish his child when he does wrong?

Does he not do it cause he loves his child?

Or supposing you had five children and one has decided to go astray in manner of life and never come back to his senses, wont u still punish dat one so d rest can learn what is right and dat you are not in any way in fovor of the unrepentant Child's way of life?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Divisions & Classifications Of Bible Books / Picture Of The Family Of A 'descendant' Of Prophet Muhammad Without Hijab / He Saw The Pope And The Muslim Leader In HELL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.