Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy (11755 Views)

Amazing Ways Technology Has Changed The Way You Travel / Amazing Ways Technology Has Changed The Way You Travel / 6 ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by dammy13(m): 4:47am On Feb 18, 2017
You love technology because it has significantly simplified our lives. In fact, you eat, dream and sleep technology today unlike in the past when you have to make painstaking effort to get things done. Also, you can just sit on your sofa and you are interacting with the world. This is good. But, at the same time, it has made you lazy. KIKIOTOLU shares ways technology has made many of us lazy.

1. Shopping online
There are a lot of online shops where you can buy whatever you want and the good will be delivered at your doorstep. So, you don’t see the reason why you should go to the market or offline store for shopping. However, what you don’t know is that you can bargain offline which you cannot do offline.

2. No more in-depth research
Google is now a verb for searching anything online. It takes you seconds for you to get results of your search. But, before, you have to do in-depth research where you have to distribute questionnaires and go to the library and even buy books to make your findings expansive. But with search engines, you don’t need to do this.

3. You don’t need to run your errands
There are now chatbots like Kudi that can help you run your errands. The managers of these chatbots will be the ones to help you buy recharge cards, go to the market, pay utility bills and make deliveries on your behalf.

4. You don’t spend time with friends
Social media and instant messaging sites have ensured that you no longer visit our friends and family. You can just chat them up on WhatsApp or BBM or rather you put a call through to them. The societal bridges for physical interaction have collapsed.

5. Libraries have been abandoned
Public libraries have been abandoned because nobody uses them. This is because the internet is a cesspool of information. Even now very few people buy hard-cover books due to the fact that you can get e-books online.

6. News at a click
You don’t need to rely on traditional media like newspapers, radio, and television for news. The news is now all over the place on social media that even you don’t know what to believe due to the prevalence of fake news. So, you don’t need to make any effort to get news.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/6-ways-technology-has-actually-made-you.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by GMBuhari: 7:37am On Feb 18, 2017
I ain't lazy that way

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by GossipHeart(m): 7:38am On Feb 18, 2017

What drugs are you on ?? Stupidity pills ??

The internet is the only best thing to happen to humanity

Do you know how many people internet saved from dying of stress ??

Just imagine a mother of two little kids cleaning the house, cooking at the same time and preparing to take the kids to the market to buy things when she can just click a button and everything would be done

Just ask our parents, they had it rough because they never had the internet

Your argument is invalid

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by veekid(m): 7:38am On Feb 18, 2017

I'm guilty of all except 3, I ain't rich to that extent of sending bots on errands. Lol but I'm working on that aspect. I wanna be richer than Dangote. IMO

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Chidex2442(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2017
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Dekatron(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2017
And why is it called Tech? So the people in Star trek and Star Wars are also lazy like that o.

Mtcheewwww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by ednut1(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2017
eyah, u can take a trip to one of the lost tribes in the Brazilian amazon and join dem. mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by chidozeze(m): 7:41am On Feb 18, 2017
But I am not lazy...
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Notime4drama: 7:41am On Feb 18, 2017
cry

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Tokziby: 7:41am On Feb 18, 2017
There are always two sides to a coin. Everything in this life has its advantages and disadvantages. However, when the advantages outweighs the disadvantages then we look on the brighter. Would you rather have the life u have in the 80's or stick with our modern world? the choice is yours...

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by level10: 7:41am On Feb 18, 2017
You nko ??

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by SexyNairalander: 7:41am On Feb 18, 2017
booked
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by nextstep(m): 7:42am On Feb 18, 2017
Hm... I suppose you'd rather walk 3 kilometers to fetch water and cut your own firewood. Me, I'd rather turn on the tap and flip on the gas. Call me lazy, but I gotz things to do

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by islandmoon: 7:42am On Feb 18, 2017
OP !! disadvantages of technology? huh?
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by lovingyouhun: 7:43am On Feb 18, 2017
True to an extent, but On, who goes to a news paper stand for news these days? When you can save up those minutes for something better and avoid problems with other people who will also be struggling or waiting to read the same paper you have in your hand. My dear everything in this life has its own advantage and disadvantage. I don't see laziness in your posts though

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by lonelydora: 7:44am On Feb 18, 2017
I don't wish my children to learn things the way I learnt them.

Why will I have to write a letter to an uncle in Kaduna telling him I want to visit him during holidays and wait for weeks to get his reply while i can just dial a number in few seconds and relay my message?

Technology made us smarter and better time managers.

Life was tough and fun then.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by nely(m): 7:44am On Feb 18, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
Technology didn't make us lazy, it made us to manage our time and reduce stress

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by OMEGA009(m): 7:45am On Feb 18, 2017
Add washing machine and microwave.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by sekem: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2017
Granted technology can and does make someone physically lazy

But if you really know what you're doing technology can and does make you mentally superior

Luckily for us we are now in the information age where mental superiority counts more

So bring on more and more technology

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Aliyu333: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2017
So what? you rather be hardworking and suffer?
Anyways anyone complaining can still choose to do those things his/herself. Abi technology stops u from making a choice again?.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by KingRex1(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2017
The lazy ones are coming for op
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by inourcare: 7:49am On Feb 18, 2017
And You Too.
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by rukygbas: 7:52am On Feb 18, 2017
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by johnshagb(m): 7:53am On Feb 18, 2017
GossipHeart:

Just imagine a mother of two little kids cleaning the house, cooking at the same time and preparing to take the kids to the market to buy things when she can just click a button and everything would be done

Your argument is invalid

You can as well pass your opinion without using abusive word on the OP.
I'm sure the "lazy" was not used in a negative context by the OP so take a chill pill

7 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by hotspec(m): 8:04am On Feb 18, 2017
GossipHeart:

Your argument is invalid
I bet ure d one that needs those medications. D OP was entitled to his opinion or any he supports. He has succeeded in discussing both d merits.and demerits of Tech together in d post, which u can find in most ICT articles (print and electronics). I know u dt number 2 and 5 grossly affect u. Pls, ao wud internet clean ur dirty house or cook for u or take ur kids to d market or reduce ur stress level or not to have it rough like ur parents as u said?
U need to READ, STUDY and LEARN!

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by seguno2: 8:08am On Feb 18, 2017
Another way of looking at this is that it has made it possible for us to do more things.
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Pranxta(m): 8:09am On Feb 18, 2017
Op, it might have made you lazy as f**k...Buh to me, it has been revolutionary so far
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2017
GossipHeart:

Your argument is invalid

mean.......

you're mean.....
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 18, 2017
OP, tech or no tech, lazy folks won't give up being lazy.

I agree that technology may allow some people make silly decisions but in all technology have made people more effective and efficient.

Technology will ONLY get better and lazy people will continue to be lazy
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Taiwx(m): 9:44am On Feb 18, 2017
grin
GMBuhari:
I ain't lazy that way

Y are still in london then
GMBuhari:
I ain't lazy that way

Y are you still in london then
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by ItzHoludex(m): 9:44am On Feb 18, 2017
na true
Re: 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy by Taiwx(m): 9:45am On Feb 18, 2017
grin
GMBuhari:
I ain't lazy that way

Y are still in london then
GMBuhari:
I ain't lazy that way

Y are you still in london then grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Watch Different Stations On Gotv On Another Tv / How To Play Bet9ja And Win Big,next Season Start From August 2016 / Some Facts You Need To Know About Wildlife!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.