Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame (1450 Views)

Critics Inciting Youths Against Buhari –lai Mohammed / Prophets Of Doom Have Been Put To Shame – Oyegun / APC: The Obstinate Journey To Shame Via London - Pius Adesanmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 9:01am On Feb 18, 2017
Nice Piece by Freddie I.Ude ...........READ AND LEARN.

Igbos are not united but Igbo is the only tribe in Nigeria that unite to contribute money to send their kinsmen to study abroad.

Igbos are not united but Igbo is the only tribe in Nigeria that unite to build schools, hospitals,electrification projects, pipe-borne water, bridges, roads, health centers and recreation centers in Igboland.

Igbos hate themselves but Igbo is the only tribe in Nigeria successful individuals pick persons not related to them in any way, train them in their line of trade, settle them and make sure they succeed.

If you ask those propagandists to explain how Igbos are not united, they will quickly tell you how Igbos had three senate presidents when it was their turn to produce senate president. Then I ask, does northerners staging coups to oust themselves during the military era means northern unity?

I think what other Nigerians see as unity is their blind followership and conspiracy against others. Unfortunately Igbos don't follow blindly, Igbos follows ideology not personality. Like my good friend Charles Emeka Okonkwo will put it "What Igbo don't do is to support evil or rally round any sell-out political puppet just to protect our own neither do we do follow-follow like others whether good or bad".

Because Igbos are not uniting to conspire against other Nigerians like other tribes they tagged us a disunited tribe, but what has shocked them is our unity to demand exit from the evil Nigeria, that will tell you we unite for a cause not for selfish reasons.

Igbos are more United than you all thought.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 18, 2017
cool cool cool
ENOUGH SAID

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by mightyhazell: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2017
Tell em

My eldest bro,a biz prodigy has trained well over 1000 ppl,..his home looks like a mecca of sorts on festive periods,..

This is when Couples and single men whom he trained and help set up biznesses for,coms to show him appreciation with all manner of gifts.The large storehouse at d back is usually filled 2 d brim with bags of grains,drinks,livestock ,electronics etc (hez gottn a good no of car gifts from d v successful ones)

U'd hardly see a poor person in ma village. U'd most certainly get sb 2 put u thru,..

Igbo creed!

And yet,..'Igbos hate demselves'

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by monsterlobster: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2017
What of the ritualists and baby factory runners?
Is that love too?
Abegee
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by DozieInc(m): 10:52am On Feb 18, 2017
The Igbo run a democratic and individualistic society. In the family the opinion of even the 'least' person is sought before a decision is made, even in contributions every one is required to contribute something no matter how little.
Titles or positions are by merit - the oldest individual in the group or the most accomplished/qualified.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by EasternActivist: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2017
Op, You dey mind those fools.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2017
EasternActivist:
Op, You dey mind those fools.
Dont mind them, they think we are zombiew that just flow with the tides forgetting that we are different and knows our right from left.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 11:11am On Feb 18, 2017
mightyhazell:
Tell em

My eldest bro,a biz prodigy has trained well over 1000 ppl,..his home looks like a mecca of sorts on festive periods,..

This is when Couples and single men whom he trained and help set up biznesses for,coms to show him appreciation! The large storehouse at d back is usually filled 2 d brim with bags of grains,drinks,livestock ,electronics etc (hez gottn a good no of car gifts from d v successful ones)

U'd hardly see a poor person in ma village. U'd most certainly get sb 2 put u thru,..

Igbo creed!

And yet,..'Igbos hate demselves'
God bless him the more

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2017
monsterlobster:
Is that love too?
Abegee
Shame on you we arw talking about Unity here, where are there no vices

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by Allsouls: 11:18am On Feb 18, 2017
monsterlobster:
Is that love too?
Abegee

Rituals is in every tribe even in arewa & Yoruba land, Yoruba's are head quarter of rituals in nigeria, ibadan , osun, and co.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by danot1030: 11:47am On Feb 18, 2017
Childish post.

Judge by the unity displays among your governors. We witnessed the nothern governors, South West governors, South South governors harmoniously meeting to move their region forward, but the Igbo governors are busy tearing themselves apart on the media, calling themselves unprintable names like kids, what a ridden tribe.

Every region has a political structure to produce a leader that helps drive the political vision of their region but Igbos can not boast to have. Or who, Ekwueme, Ekweremadu, or who? The one appointed by Okorocha for APC in the region is already tearing them apart.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by betty202020(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
danot1030:
Childish post.

Judge by the unity displays among your governors. We witnessed the nothern governors, South West governors, South South governors harmoniously meeting to move their region forward, but the Igbo governors are busy tearing themselves apart on the media, calling themselves unprintable names like kids, what a ridden tribe.

Every region has a political structure to produce a leader that helps drive the political vision of their region but Igbos can not boast to have. Or who, Ekwueme, Ekweremadu, or who? The one appointed by Okorocha for APC in the region is already tearing them apart.
and who is okorocha to appoint a leader? did he appoint in a dictatorial or democratic manner? you would have been correct if you say "the one elected by apc in southeast is causing problem". one cannot appoint another to lead a group in igbo land. we elect a leader. And for your information, dont call a whole tribe RIDDEN to proof a point cos it will make your point pointless.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by discusant: 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
hopeforcharles:
Nice Piece by Freddie I.Ude ...........READ AND LEARN.

Igbos are not united but Igbo is the only tribe in Nigeria that unite to contribute money to send their kinsmen to study abroad.

Igbos are not united but Igbo is the only tribe in Nigeria that unite to build schools, hospitals,electrification projects, pipe-borne water, bridges, roads, health centers and recreation centers in Igboland.

Igbos hate themselves but Igbo is the only tribe in Nigeria successful individuals pick persons not related to them in any way, train them in their line of trade, settle them and make sure they succeed.

If you ask those propagandists to explain how Igbos are not united, they will quickly tell you how Igbos had three senate presidents when it was their turn to produce senate president. Then I ask, does northerners staging coups to oust themselves during the military era means northern unity?

I think what other Nigerians see as unity is their blind followership and conspiracy against others. Unfortunately Igbos don't follow blindly, Igbos follows ideology not personality. Like my good friend Charles Emeka Okonkwo will put it "What Igbo don't do is to support evil or rally round any sell-out political puppet just to protect our own neither do we do follow-follow like others whether good or bad".

Because Igbos are not uniting to conspire against other Nigerians like other tribes they tagged us a disunited tribe, but what has shocked them is our unity to demand exit from the evil Nigeria, that will tell you we unite for a cause not for selfish reasons.

Igbos are more United than you all thought.

Igbo is the most united tribe in Nigeria.

Igbo people love themselves more than people of other Nigerian tribes love themselves.
Igbo unity is the reason why Igbos have withstood all the dirty blackmail against the Igbo from other tribes people.

If any Igbo-speaking people in the east say they are not Igbo, please leave them to continue to swim in the waters of foolishness. Because divided, they will ever remain inconsequential in whatever country they find themselves

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by omofunaab(m): 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lol, igbos are indeed united.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by iSlayer: 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
danot1030:
Childish post.

So stupid

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by Ngokafor(f): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
...I wonder were this 'Igbos are not united'mantra came from..I guess it has to do with the messed up political dynamics of this coutry...were you collude with your tribesmen in a zombie-like manner to take decisions inimical to the prosperity of this nation..Little wonder Nigeria is on life-support now and just a matter of time before its all over.Therefore,i wonder how the so-called political unity of their regions has benefited the region or nation as a whole undecided

..Igbos are not united yet they are known to travel enmass to their villages building mansions and lovely houses there without fear of being killed They (non-Igbos) are either stuck in their state capitals or claim to be from Lagos lipsrsealed..
...They see Igbo villages and call them towns cos their own villages are filled with mud and mushroom houses while they own mansions in cities...According to them,they wont dare build such in their villages because it can end in their demise..I cant count the number of non-Igbo folks who has told me this...Yet in Igboland,it is even a thing of pride cos we see it as progress.

..Igbos are not united yet a richman will bring a poor young chap/chaps from his village,who may not even be related to him sef,make them an apprentice in his business and after an agreed number of years settles them with several millions of naira to start their own business...There are several cases were the 'apprentice' became richer than their former bosses years down the line..Innoson,Coscharis e.t.c were one apprentice.

..This is one thing i know other tribes cannot do yet they are 'united' while Igbos are not.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
The reason why they think Igbo are not united is because of the competitiveness of Ndigbo. Igbo are Democratic In nature and will not give one person the authority to lord over others. Everybody na oga for him side. Come to towns and villages in Anambra and see where people are competing on who will have the biggest mansion and who will outdo others in helping his people.
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
The unity our traducers refer to is the one for evil objectives which is their forth but strange in the Igbo world view. To the Igbo, ''truth is life''. That's the mindset that made the relationship with hostile neighbors extremely difficult.
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by Acetyl(m): 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
Op thanks for bringing this up. Am one of those that serially criticise our love for one another and am speaking based from what I experienced,am proudly Igbo, but bro I can tell you that some ill experiences I had are from my people... How do you fill going for interviews and your own persons condemn you that you are not from a particular state while other tribes embrace themselves. Bro you don't have choice than to express your sadness which is what I did anytime topic of this nature comes out... I love Laird on this forum cos that bro is a true fellow... "we all need someone to lean on"... Micheal bolton
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by danot1030: 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
iSlayer:

So stupid
Really?
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by achi4u(m): 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
Apart from politic and some local dudes among us(we have them here in Nairaland), Igbos are the most United tribe in this country.
Could you imagine an Abia man training a little boy from Imo state or from any other state of igboland, this can not be said of any other tribes.
I'm from Ezza in Ebonyi state and was trained as an apprentice and after seven years I was settled by an Anambra man from Aguata LGA, today the two families cannot do without each other.
There's a deep hidden unity in Igbo land and makes our enemies to be dividing us through.
In every where we find ourselves, we always have 'ezendigbo'

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by disumusa: 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
DozieInc:
The Igbo run a democratic and individualistic society. In the family the opinion of even the 'least' person is sought before a decision is made, even in contributions every one is required to contribute something no matter how little.
Titles or positions are by merit - the oldest individual in the group or the most accomplished/qualified.
you can se why we don't need people of no respect for elders voice to rule us

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 3:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ngokafor:

...I wonder were this 'Igbos are not united'mantra came from..I guess it has to do with the messed up political dynamics of this coutry...were you collude with your tribesmen in a zombie-like manner to take decisions inimical to the prosperity of this nation..Little wonder Nigeria is on life-support now and just a matter of time before its all over.Therefore,i wonder how the so-called political unity of their regions has benefited the region or nation as a whole undecided

..Igbos are not united yet they are known to travel enmass to their villages building mansions and lovely houses there without fear of being killed They (non-Igbos) are either stuck in their state capitals or claim to be from Lagos lipsrsealed..
...They see Igbo villages and call them towns cos their own villages are filled with mud and mushroom houses while they own mansions in cities...According to them,they wont dare build such in their villages because it can end in their demise..I cant count the number of non-Igbo folks who has told me this...Yet in Igboland,it is even a thing of pride cos we see it as progress.

..Igbos are not united yet a richman will bring a poor young chap/chaps from his village,who may not even be related to him sef,make them an apprentice in his business and after an agreed number of years settles them with several millions of naira to start their own business...There are several cases were the 'apprentice' became richer than their former bosses years down the line..Innoson,Coscharis e.t.c were one apprentice.

..This is one thing i know other tribes cannot do yet they are 'united' while Igbos are not.

Thank you Nwannem
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by danot1030: 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
betty202020:
and who is okorocha to appoint a leader? did he appoint in a dictatorial or democratic manner? you would have been correct if you say "the one elected by apc in southeast is causing problem". one cannot appoint another to lead a group in igbo land. we elect a leader. And for your information, dont call a whole tribe RIDDEN to proof a point cos it will make your point pointless.
Forgive me for combining the whole tribe in the word ridden but i can't help to notice the level of hate operating in these people. If you are not one of them you will think it's what they have towards others but a walk with them will reveal that it's embedded, even against themselves it could be more vicious.

Bros you may want to put up defense o, but i witnessed terrible things among them, settling matters among siblings, terrible issues among step siblings is worst, issue related to inheritance is deadly. Please don't let's start another subject on this.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ucheosefoh:
The reason why they think Igbo are not united is because of the competitiveness of Ndigbo. Igbo are Democratic In nature and will not give one person the authority to lord over others. Everybody na oga for him side. Come to towns and villages in Anambra and see where people are competing on who will have the biggest mansion and who will outdo others in helping his people.
That is not disunity it is a normal healthy competition that aid growth no wonder you see growth everywhere.
If that is what they termed disunity then they don't know the meaning
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
danot1030:
Forgive me for combining the whole tribe in the word ridden but i can't help to notice the level of hate operating in these people. If you are not one of them you will think it's what they have towards others but a walk with them will reveal that it's embedded, even against themselves it could be more vicious.

Bros you may want to put up defense o, but i witnessed terrible things among them, settling matters among siblings, terrible issues among step siblings is worst, issue related to inheritance is deadly. Please don't let's start another subject on this.
Now this is not a valid yardstick to evaluate people's unity, this are traits that are in people everywhere including your dispite I don't know where u are from,
Here in the north it is the same once they see u progress enmity, jazz, back bitting, sabotage and so on, I have a friend who is been jazzed to the extent anywhere he seeks a wife they his relatives and parents will scuttle and sabotage his efforts even as far as another state, so it is a human trait,
The igbos are super United. Maybe you should re-read my post again.
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
Acetyl:
Op thanks for bringing this up. Am one of those that serially criticise our love for one another and am speaking based from what I experienced,am proudly Igbo, but bro I can tell you that some ill experiences I had are from my people... How do you fill going for interviews and your own persons condemn you that you are not from a particular state while other tribes embrace themselves. Bro you don't have choice than to express your sadness which is what I did anytime topic of this nature comes out... I love Laird on this forum cos that bro is a true fellow... "we all need someone to lean on"... Micheal bolton
Inasmuch as I understand you but I can tell you that the igbo man wants perfection to an extent that is why he might want to go for the best especially in a working environment,
I have had so many I'll experiences with my fellow igbo man but I noticed that this is a display of overzealousness to accumate wealth which can be found in anyone, but when I cool down and talk to them the respond,
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
DozieInc:
Thank you. My voice, your voice, even a woman's voice counts and matters.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by Acetyl(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
hopeforcharles:

Inasmuch as I understand you but I can tell you that the igbo man wants perfection to an extent that is why he might want to go for the best especially in a working environment,
I have had so many I'll experiences with my fellow igbo man but I noticed that this is a display of overzealousness to accumate wealth which can be found in anyone, but when I cool down and talk to them the respond,
lol perfection,bro am not only talking about working environs o.Well I got you sha but while do Yorubas choose to help than our fellow... Thanks at least for replying keep the article updated that will change some of our orientations
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by hopeforcharles(m): 5:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
Acetyl:
lol perfection,bro am not only talking about working environs o.Well I got you sha but while do Yorubas choose to help than our fellow... Thanks at least for replying keep the article updated that will change some of our orientations
Thanks bro, good to know my post is making an impact
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by Ngokafor(f): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
hopeforcharles:

Thank you Nwannem

.. kiss kiss
Re: Igbos Unity? Well Here Is What Will Put Critics To Shame by Ngokafor(f): 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
danot1030:

....so there are no stories of terrible things being done amongst yorubas,hausas,efiks e.t,c..Continue to deceive yourselves...The ritual stories we read daily in Yorubaland ,is it not fellow Yorubas they behead and use for rituals??..,or the case of the Youngman who raped his Grandmother that came from London to death...is that not an abomination done to ones relation..same with crime stiories amongst other ethnic groups..

...You guys should pleas stop this rubbish 'Igbos are not united' rants...When push comes to shove,Igbos are much more united than other tribes...You guys are so busy looking for speck in the Igboman's eye,ignoring planks of wood in your own eyes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu Would Have Gone To War Over Kanu’s Detention – MASSOB / This My Isoko Friend No Go Kill Me With Surprises... / This Interview By Tafawa Balewa On Independence Will Leave You Speechless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.